Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Venom: Let There Be Carnage

Venom told an unbearable amount of jokes, most of which fell flat for me, personally. It wouldn't have killed the writers to let him shut the fuck up for a scene or two so Eddie interacting with someone else could do without his juvenile commentary, but alas, people come for Venom, not Eddie Brock. Anne flirting with Venom to rejoin with Eddie was awful; these two have mutual beef and fair criticisms of the other, but the only means of convincing Venom to save Eddie's life was, evidently, Ann gassing him up for ten seconds instead of, you know, caring more about Eddie than how Eddie made him feel. Not my kind of resolution but this film felt more like a comedy than an anti-hero action flick, so I guess the theme stayed true.

Cletus and Shriek were good, sort of, although the means of their defeats were hilariously poor. The resolution between Eddie and Cletus was underwhelming; I was hoping for a little more than a "Sorry", maybe Eddie growing a little bit from the experience after Cletus physically and verbally tore him a new one for neglecting the parts of his story that showed the people around him turned him into the man he was. At minimum wanting to be a better journalist because, wow, how do you neglect to add that his family abused him to the point murder seemed like justice. Disappointing that it was all a setup for Venom to tell him he sucks and eat his head. They could've done a lot more with that moment between the two. Even Cletus taking a moment to lament his wife getting killed and his inability to save her from himself would have been amazing.

Anne's husband is cool and helps demonstrate how insane all this shit he's witnessing is from an outsider's perspective, while everyone else has normalized it. He's probably my favorite supporting character just by being the only normal person in this film really, and he came in clutch helping Venom out despite the animosity Venom had for him. Great character.

Eddie is a fugitive on the run, his face probably all over televisions statewide, and there could've been a The Dark Knight moment where we see him fleeing choppers, police cars, etc. I do wish we saw him on the run to end the film rather than timeskip him to some island elsewhere, free and at peace. I also really wanted them to work out their differences in another way. Venom holding the lives of thousands of innocent people over Eddie's head to force him to bend the knee while Venom accepted very little blame himself for how things transpired between them was wild, to say the least. They turned the likeable comedic relief with all the wacky one-liners into a piece of shit pretty fast on that one, not gonna lie.

Tom Holland in the ending... meh.

Average flick. All criticism aside, I'll be checking out the third and praying that they tone down Venom's annoying commentary.

It doesn't really count as a movie, per se, but I'm watching a documentary about the lives of normal citizens in ancient Rome. A friend recommended it.

The Suicide Squad (2021)

Actually a lot better than I expected it to be, with some good twists here and there. The Peacemaker twist was already ruined for me because everyone already talked about how great it was and there were only so many twists they could have it be. Didn't expect Flagg to die, and sorely wish he didn't. Almost mad Peacemaker got to survive after what he pulled, but I'm just curious enough to check out his series and see if it's as entertaining as folks say.

Hoping for a sequel, this time following the events of the first film instead of a relaunch.

Also, King Shark is the worst character in this film and he was absolutely pointless. Weasel was funnier. Fucking Weasel, the thing that licked a window and died in the first ten minutes of the film only to be alive the entire time for a last minute gag. The thing that killed 27 children and had 5 minutes of screen time tops was funnier than the dopey bipedal shark who tagged along and survived for the entire film. Please, for the love of all that is good, kill him or keep him out of future installments. Not even a pity laugh. Not one. Polka Dot Man should've lived instead, not even debatable.

Above average film altogether!

I've seen this game on other sites and since I'm really into movies, I like to see what other people are watching these days. So, I thought I'd start this here. Post the last movie you saw, whether it's an old one or a new one, watched in the theater or at home--whatever. Add a little thumbs up or thumbs down, tell us what you thought, or don't if you don't feel like it. =)

Three Musketeers

Thumbs down. The crap I use to like when I was younger, made watching this again nostalgic. But other than that it was just crap.
Girl from nowhere. Recommended if you're into dark plots.

7 Deadly Sins, AKA Charlie Charlie. I love horror movies. Good ones, preferably, but I've got a soft spot for trashy and so-bad-they're-good horror movies. But rarely have I seen a flick so offensive to the very concept of logic that it left me rethinking my entire taste in genres. It's so terrible that I spent the rest of the afternoon checking the floor around my couch for missing pieces of brain that fell out during the viewing.

The heroine's father survived an encounter with a demon named Charlie, who can only get at you if you play a divination game and blow one of the many arbitrary rules. The only person who knows about this then proceeds to...get the heroine to play the game, thereby opening herself to Charlie's attacks, in order to save her. From the demon who couldn't get at her if she just never played in the first place. Not that it seems to matter because later it turns out Charlie possessed a person who wasn't even there when the game was played. Oh, also, the heroine realizes in the final moments that the only way for her to survive is to accept Jesus Christ as her personal savior, which she figures out due to someone telling her "You can only fight evil between the lines!" because if you put two lines together they can make a cross, and, and and....I felt very tired after this. Do not watch this movie. It may conjure actual literal demons. Demons of suck.

Uncharted - Nothing mind-blowing but a really fun movie. If you've played the games you'll catch some funny references here and there but the plot is very straighforward for those who've not played the series. Jokes in the dialogue feel a bit too forced at times though.

A League of their Own - a, if not the, favorite movie of mine.

Scream (2022)

Still trying to decide my feels on it. I’m leaning toward the “I like it probably more than I should.” category…..I loved the general concept and story they incorporated into it but the ending was…..I don’t know. I liked it but I also didn’t like it, if that makes any sense at all. And I really kinda hate that they killed
poor Dewey
!

Back
Top Bottom