Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Submitting in Suren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slye smiles at you as he replies, "I think if you make your breast any bigger it might start to effect how you perform in battle, plus negatively effect your natural beauty." He says in a mocking, charming, and flirting way.

"You're probably right." I reply flatly. Still, I stow all three pumps away, one never knows what they may be useful for at a later time, not necessarily applied to myself.

"Seems the other room is where the real fun is" and with that I head towards the second door, opening it as cautiously as this one.

[I am assuming the room has no other exits. If it has, feel free to correct me]

You enter into the other room and the source of the sound becomes immediately apparent. The source of the sound was coming from machines.....but not just machines. Hanging up in this large chamber are futas, or at least they're futas now. There bodies have clearly been modified since they're breasts are huge, almost as big as their upper bodies and their cocks are three to four feet long. Both their cocks and breast are attached to machine which are milking them. You can here the vibrating sounds of the machines along with the moans of pleasure from the people, crying out in pleasure. You can see the tubes with the liquids leading up to the ceiling and then down. You can see that this weird sight has caught your allies by surprise, and appears to be exciting everyone but Slyer.

There's two doors not counting the one you just came from, one on the first floor and one up a flight of stairs, on the second floor.

(Your lust has increased by 5)

"Just imagine there is a slimy maggod hatching in each of these dicks and some spiked parasite in each tit" I call out to my allies while I do the same. Truth be told, after the initial surprise the sight is not THAT exciting, with everything just too large.

Des not mean I have to expose myself to the scene longer than necessary. If there is a control room it likely is upstairs so it can survey the whole hall, so up the flight of stairs we go.

(Prepare yourself, this is going to be a tough battle!!!)

As you climb up the flight of stairs though a new voice speaks to you. "HAHAHA, you've done well to get this far dreamcatcher." The voice says as an arrow suddenly slices right through the ladder, cutting it in half and causing you to fall to the ground. You quickly spot the source of the attack. Up high on a platform is a Centaur. The Centaur's upper body is a huge and muscular and his horse lower body looks just as strong and well grown. You also can see his huge, erect three foot cock. You also take in the fact he has a massive bow that shoots out huge arrows, as big and thick as your arm. "It is an honor to meet you dreamcatcher, if possible I would like to avoid battle with you." He tells you in a surprisingly diplomatic voice.

I eye the centaur critically, not quite buying his peaceful act. I also need to step up my attentiveness for not noticing him earlier.

"If you don't want to fight I suggest you stop shooting arrows at us" I reply sardonically while getting ready to dodge in case he does not heed my advice.

"I could have simply shot this arrow into your back rather then give away my position to you." He says to you. "However I wish to know why you're fighting against us, why do you fight against the pleasure and peace corruption can bring to this land? Why not join us dreamcatcher? You can be a ruler of your own kingdom, experiencing a pleasure unlike any before it. Having power unlike any you had before, knowing a freedom to do whatever you like. Join us dreamcatcher." He offers to you.

"You really believe what you say?" I reply earnestly "From what I have seen freedom and corruption do not go together well. Corruption is a disease that wants to control everything it affects, turn everyone into its slaves.

I find it curious that a strong fighter like you is so easily giving up his free will."

"What is freedom but a means to hurt people? If I can be happy forever does such freedom like free will really matter? Corruption is not a disease but a cure for this boring society held down by it's rules of conduct and peace and order. I gave up my freewill for a better world. I guess we don't share this vision though." The Centaur says actually looking sad.

"That is the point of freedom" I counter "To be able to make a choice. And a choice is pointless without alternatives. Yes, this implies someone can pick the harmful path, but that also implies if you don't it means something. No light without shadow, I am sure you've heard it before but that does not make it any less true.

What you have is not happiness. Happiness is only real if you earn it anew every day. What you do is nothing other than constantly getting high on drugs, to create the illusion that you are happy. While in truth you are not. You have merely given up."

"I see, I guess we won't be coming to any peaceful arrangement. That is unfortunate, for you!" The centaur says before suddenly pulling out his bow, and drawing back an arrow. It happens in the span of a heartbeat, the arrow is already drawn and the Centaur begins to say something, magically enchanting his arrow before firing it. It happens all in the blink of an eye, leaving you no time to react.

Riku however dives in front of the party, quickly chanting and using her own magic to form a shield to block the attack. The arrow hits the shield and explodes in a bright brilliant light, shattering the shield. Riku is sent flying backwards by this explosion and lands hard on the ground however her shield did protect you and Vigro from the blinding light and damage from the explosion.

(Battle Mode Activated)
Your Stats

HP: 150
Lust 15

Vigro Stats

HP: 190
Lust: 25

Riku Stats

HP: 70
Lust: 30

Centaur Stats
HP: 400
Lust: 50

"Slye, if you can break or turbo rust the platform he's standing on now would be a good time to do it." Sadly Riku is currently out, she might have been able to do the same.

Things being as they are I do not hesitate and jump up to meet the centaur head on. Most likely he is less dangerous in melee range, but of course I might be wrong. If an opportunity presents itself i will try to hack at his bow with my sword, otherwise a double strike to the noggin it shall be.

Vigro also jumps with you, even with his injured wing he can still get pretty high but it appears that the Centaur was expecting this. He quickly pulls out another arrow and fires it after enchanting it once again. Vigro grits his teeth as he quickly moves his spear to block the attack but the arrow explodes right in his face, some kind of sticky substances gets all over Vigro and causes him to fall back to the ground. However the Centaur clearly hadn't expected you to be able to jump to such heights giving you the element of surprise.

You easily jump onto the platform and slash into him twice thanks to your double slash. The Centaur pulls his bow back out of the way of the attack as he quickly nocks another arrow and prepares to fire it at you. However the ground underneath both of you seems to dissolve into ash, it looks like Slyer heard you. Prepared for this you quickly jump to the other catwalk as the Centaur falls to the ground below. Sadly he does manage to get his legs under him in time and land correct, but you have the height advantage now.

(Battle Mode Activated)
Your Stats

Lust 15

Vigro Stats

Status: Stuck in goo, unable to different area but can still attack anyone who comes into close range of him.

Riku Stats

Centaur Stats
HP: 320

Seeing how two of my companions already got taken more or less out of the fight I pay extra attention to wherever the centaur is pointing his next arrow when firing, so I can dodge out of the way. Blocking these projectiles seems like a rather bad idea.

For now though I should use the advantage I have, launching myself at him from the top. Maybe he is surprised enough to not be able to pull his bow out of the arc of my sword this time, otherwise another double strike seems like the way to go.

Vigro swears something as he begins to cut the goo off himself but it appears it will take him time to cut himself out. Riku on the other hand seems to be coming too and slowly rising back on her feet. You jump off the catwalk at your enemy forcing him to jump back to avoid your attack, but you're fast enough to quickly do another double strike on him. Hurt but still able to fight the Centaur nocks and fires another arrow at you, you move to dodge it but it explodes before coming into contact with you. The explosion doesn't hurt you but a gas cloud of some kind pass over you, and you feel your body heat up in respond.

(Battle Mode Activated)
Your Stats

Lust 20
Status: You've been poisoned by some kind of lust potion. Your lust will increased until you relieve yourself or cure it using a potion.

Vigro Stats

Status: Stuck in goo, unable to different area but can still attack anyone who comes into close range of him.

Riku Stats

Centaur Stats
HP: 240

Darn, I feel the heat welling up, and immediately I remember these Uzi leaves in my pouch. But I decide to hold off on their use for another turn, otherwise the centaur might simply fire another of those lust gas arrows, rendering my efforts nil.

So I advance on the beast, doing my best to not allow him to back away and positioning myself such that if he does back away he will get closer to Vigro. With another fierce double strike my sword slashes out at him.

Your slashing proves to be very effective as you force the centaur back and once more hit him twice. Meanwhile Riku gets in on the fight and casts a fireball, sending it straight towards the centaur, nailing the creature in the back. The centaur grits his teeth in annoyance as he once more readies his bow and arrow and fires on you. His arrow soars into the air but you manage to dodge it, causing it to harmlessly smash into the floor.

(Battle Mode Activated)
Your Stats

Lust 25
Status: You've been poisoned by some kind of lust potion. Your lust will increased until you relieve yourself or cure it using a potion.

Vigro Stats

Riku Stats

Centaur Stats
HP: 140

I decide to hold off on the Uzi leaf for another turn. Should I get injured I would get more out of its use than if I just undid the lust poison with it.

So I slash at the centaur again with a double strike, trying to drive him closer to Vigro.

"Give up while you still can. I don't want to kill you unless I have to."

Vigro continues to cut away at the goo holding him in place. He seems to be making a lot of progress and will probably be free soon. The Centaur is forced to take your hits as you corner him between yourself and Vigro. "Never!" He shouts as he fires at you again with another arrow, only this arrow explodes into a fire ball, creating an area attack. The fire hits you and slight scorches your skin but it's nothing too serious. Riku attacks with lighting, nailing the Centaur once more in the back.

(Battle Mode Activated)
Your Stats

Lust 30

Vigro Stats

Riku Stats

Centaur Stats
HP: 40

My scorched skin is a good incentive to finally grab an Uzi leaf and chew it down before I move in for the final blows. I have no intention to kill the creature, though. He may have valuable information, or just some interesting use, so my sword turns midair, trying to bring the flat side of the blade down on him.

You feel your body calm down as the Uzi leaf heals your injuries. The flat of your sword smashes against the Centaur's head knocking the heavily injured warrior out. Sadly Riku has already let lose her attack and unlock yourself, her attack is at full power and the Centaur has no way of defending itself now. The fireball hits the Centaur square on and turns him to smoke, all that remains is 100 gems on the ground.

"So much for being happy" I remark snidely at the pile of ash on the ground as I collect the gems. "Well done, everyone"

Once that is doe I have a bit more time to look around, and check whether the now destroyed ladder led to somewhere other than the catwalk.

Nope the destroyed ladder led only to the catwalk, which in turn leads to the door on the second floor. "Wonder what's behind door number one?" Slyer asks with a grin as he appears behind you once again.

"Don't you know it already?" I smirk, slightly annoyed at his games.

Now that the ladder is gone checking the door on the ground floor first seems like the straight forward move. We can an will get up to the other as well, just not yet.

So once we have gotten Vigro out of that good I start to head over.

Slyer mocks offended, "Ah, if I did know it why would I need you? Besides this is just like reading a book, why would I go and spoil the ending for myself now?" He says in a chilled voice as he follows after you. You enter into what looks like some kind of labatory. There's no other exit out, just bottles of random potions and beakers on the desk that you don't recongized.

"Some kind of lab?" Vigro asks as Riku goes about examining everything.

"Any idea what exactly this is, Riku?" I ask as I survey the room myself and start to cautiously search for something potentially valuable.

It definitely does not look like the master control room we are after, but there's still the door up on the second floor.

"Definitely some kind of lab, they seem to be experimenting with different kinds of potions and chemicals. No way of knowing what something is without trying it I guess." Riku tells you as you survey the scene. There were several potions available you could try although it would be like gambling and honestly how lucky are you feeling ;D

"Well, I don't feel like experimenting." I state, quite certain that my companions feel the same way.

"Time to have a look at the room upstairs then. Riku, do you have some spell that will let you jump up onto the catwalk?"

"Sure," Riku replied as the party moves back to the previous room and then goes to the upstairs room. You know immediately that you've hit the right room, there's a series of machines with levers here that you someone know control the facility. Suddenly you realize you have a knew problem, you're not sure if you know how to turn this corruption plant off!!!! You can study the machine, or ask a party member to study the machine and see if you can figure out how it works but if you guess wrong you might cause more damage then if you did not.

You could also try asking Slyer, you have no doubt that he would know how to turn this machine off but would he tell you?

(Ok whoever you ask to study the machine, yourself include, have to do an int check. Pass the check you figure it out, fail and you can ask someone else, crit fail and you are given wrong information. You can skip this check completely if you can convince Slyer to help you.)

Why ask one if you can ask everyone. Pooling brain power might get us where every individual might fail.

"Al right, let's have a really close look at this. Anyone with useful input on how to shut down the factory for good is welcome, just do not step onto each other's toes."

As I say this I make it a point to directly look at Riku, Vigro and Slye.

Everyone quickly gets to work, looking over the controls and such and start pulling together your knowledge and experience on what the device can do and that's when you make a shocking realization. You can cause the machine puffing corruption into the air to explode, permanently destroying it and stopping this spread of corruption but however the enemy has it rigged so that you must do something with the leftover corruption, which is a pure concentration of the substance.

You can either disburse it into the air which would no doubt negatively effect the city of Angels in some way. Or you could send the corruption downward, into the ground which would no doubt negatively effect your world negatively in some way. You could also do nothing and leave in the hopes you could find the solution to this problem somewhere else but there's no knowing if one exist or if you'll be able to get back inside the base again. In the meantime the corruption would continue to spread uncheck.

What do you do?

"What am I missing?"

I sigh and lean against a wall, wracking my mind over the dilemma. Finally I address my team again.

"Does anyone of you have a good idea how we can get rid of the already produced corruption without polluting someplace nice? Maybe we can find some sort of container for it and deposit it somewhere safe?"

They team looks at each other with blank faces as they shrug their shoulders, showing they have no idea how to solve the problem. Even Slyer, you're best hope doesn't seem to have an answer solving this dilemma. "It's possible I suppose, but I doubt we'd fine such equipment here. We'd probably have to leave the factory and go searching for it somewhere. Alternatively we could try searching for something that can just neutralize the corruption but once again I doubt we'd find it here in the factory." Slyer tells you calmly as he thinks the problem over.

"I really do not want to just blow a huge chunk of corruption into any world. So I would say we turn off the machines for now - however short of a reprieve that will give us - and then check out the rest of the factory. If we find nothing there maybe someone outside can help us.

At least we know the way now..." I smirk, waiting for my companion's reply.

Riku and Slyer nod their heads, fully agreeing with your decision. Virgo however looks disappointed in your decision but he looks like he's going to follow your choice.

You and your companions make your way outside, which is surprisingly a lot easier then getting inside. As you step outside however before you can go any further a wall of fire appears around you, stopping you from going any further. You rapidly look around and spot a female looking knight with red hair and green eyes. She doesn't appear to be hostage to you, but at the same time you're not getting the friendliest feeling from her.

The knights hair and appear looks disheveled, as if she had been surviving in the wild for a while. "You didn't release the corruption into either world." The knight says, clearly sizing you up.

Nice, and who might this one be now? Seizing her up similarly I give a curt nod and reply.

"An acute observation."

"So, you're the new dream catcher huh? Which dream catcher are you replacing, who bit the dust?" The knight asks you, the way she talks suggest she has great knowledge on dream catchers.

"I am replacing Ricky" I calmly reply "but what brings you here, Lucy?"

"Hump, Ricky huh, that's not surprising considering what he was like last I saw him." Lucy tells you. "So you know who I am but I don't know you, nor do I exactly trust you." She tells you as her eyes narrow. "I'm doing my duty, even if all the other dream catchers ignore it I still know I must do everything in my power to stop the spread of corruption and save the kingdom. My scouts told me the "new" dream catcher had enter the factory, and I was worried you'd go and fuck everything up but it appears my concerns were unfounded." She tells you. You get the impression that Lucy also knows the problem with destroying the factory, and unlike you she might have an idea around it.

Makes one wonder why she did not fix this mess then, does it?

"Name's Lyra. That's Riku, the angel over there is called Vigro and this is Syle. So, now we do know each other." I reply with a bold grin "And I am assuming that firewall is your doing?"

"But now that you are here" I continue "maybe you have a better idea what to do with all that piled up corruption inside other than vent it somewhere it does not belong?"

Lucy reluctantly tells you, "Yes, as a dream catcher I have the same potential as you do with magic. I do have a plan to take care of the corruption, however some.....complications have occurred that's making things difficult for me to do it in a timely manner." She says. Due to your intelligence you can tell that Lucy is trying to ask for your help, but because of her paranoia and mistrust of you she doesn't want to, which is creating an inner conflict within her.

"That sound much better than just wenting that nasty stuff somewhere." I reply cheerfully. It really does.

"So why don't you tell us a bit more about this plan, and how we might help with these complications?"

Lucy clearly seems to be thinking about something before replying, "I need to get a certain.....material from a creature in Suren. A Nemuko."

"A Nemuko!?! That's a tentacle flower like creature that's native to Suren and very dangerous !" Riku exclaims.

Lucy nods her head, "Yes and to make things worst its only found in Robusino's area." She says grimly.

"Sounds grim indeed" I chime in. "Even though I have no real clue what a Nemuko or one Robusino is."

Could that be the big ugly who initially welcomed me to Suren?

"Tsh, you don't even know who the rulers of Suren are yet?" Lucy states in a disapproving tone, however a surprising person stands up for you.

"Oh yea, I mean how could she not be born with the knowledge of who are the rulers of Suren; especially when her fellow dream catchers welcomed her to the world of Suren with warm arms and protection. I mean it's not like she's had to fend for herself and figure everything out from scratch." Slyer replies in a heavily sarcastic tone of voice causing Lucy to glance down and for once actually look like she feels bad about something.

"Th-that's not how it was supposed to happen. Vetern dream catchers are supposed to wait for the new dream catcher at her portal and then guide her on her first three missions, teaching about Suren's land, customs and dangers. But the war, and corruption has effected us all, it makes people give in to their deepest and most primitive desires, makes them forget about their responsibility and duty." Lucy says with a combination of reflective and fearful look in her face.

However that look vanishes as she refocuses and looks back up at you with determined eyes, "However that's why I can't trust you yet, I don't know how much the corruption has affected you and you shouldn't trust me either. We'll work together on this mission and see how our opinions of one another change after that." She says.

"To answer your previous question Robusino is one of the rulers of Suren, he's very powerful and controls the swamp, ruin, and field zones. He tends to be neutral in most conflicts or side with the demon army, however when the new demon lord took over Robusino has remained neutral and fierily defended his zones from either side. If we're to get to the creature we need to somehow get past him." She tells you.

"Thankfully I did not have to figure out everything completely on my own." I add while smiling at my crew. Honor where honor is due, and while I am still not sure about Syle's motivations his help here is unexpected and appreciated.

"Your suggestion is sensible enough" Even though I do not know what else she wants to see from me after what I have done - and more importantly not done - at the factory. Seems pointless to bring it up now, though, and maybe I should indeed mistrust her a bit more. "Let's go for the Nemuko together.

Before we do that, though, I think a bit of rest is in order. You are welcome to stay at my camp until we head to the swamps."

Lucy just smirks at your invitation, "I have my own place I can stay at but thank you, here take this. When you're ready to go you can use it to contact me." Lucy tells you as she hands you red stone before walking off and disappearing.

Locations you can go too.

A. Home

B. Cloud Zone

C. Forest Zone

D. Desert Zone

E. Mountain Zone

"All right, home we go for a bit of rest..." I signal my crew as I begin to focus on my camp.

Your arrive back at your home with little trouble, Riku and Virgo return to their perspective rooms, tired by the day's events. Rhyo and Zelion are also in their own rooms at the moment. Slyer is chilling in the air, perfectly relaxed.

The portal back home glows dimly in its usual spot. Now that you're home what will you do next?

I do need some rest soon, but before that there is some minor issue I want to address. Which is why I head to Riku's room almost immediately, greeting her with a warm "Do you have time for the debriefing now?" and leading her to Vigro's room if she agrees.

"Sure." Riku said as she followed you into Vigro's room. Vigro like normal, was sitting on the floor mediating.

"Hello Vigro."

Without waiting for a reply I sit down opposite him and gesture Riku to have a seat right next to me.

"You may wonder what I am up to now." I finally start, my gaze alternating between the two. "Our trip to the factory has made me think. There were several ... effects ... that increased our arousal, intentionally so to make us more susceptible to the wiles of that place. Normaly there is a very easy and enjoyable way to fix that, but it was quite clear that this would backfire in the factory. So we did what we had to, we pressed on and we succeeded. That was the good part.

Only, next time things may not be as easy. We may have to stay in enemy territory for longer, or we may have gotten worked up more.

Vigro, you have told me that you know a meditation technique that can be used to ... calm oneself down in such cases. And hedging for the future I would think it a good idea if you taught it to both of us."

"Of course m'lady!" Vigro says excitedly as he began to instruct you on the proper way to sit down, how to breath in and out, and the proper way to clear your mind. "The trick to clearing your mind is not to listen to your enviroment exactly but the pulse of nature itself. Listening to that which many do not even know how to listen to. The smoothing sounds of nature will remind you that we are all part of one world. one story, and you should take comfort in that." Vigro tells you as he mediates.

(You and Riku have learned 25 percent of mediation. You are unable to use this skill in battle and even by yourself without having Vigro around to guide you. Even with Vigro around there's still a chance using this skill will fail. See Vigro three times more in order to fully master the skill)

"That is quite instructive. We should resume this class tomorrow." I tell Vigro right after the lesso has finished. Before Riku even has time to think about leving, though, I bring up the other item on my agnda.

"Now, on to something else I would like to discuss. I am sure you both still vividly remember the fight with the corrupted centaur. Have you also noticed by now the big tactical error we made in that fight?"

Riku and Vigro look at each other, slightly confused by where you're going with this but Riku offers up a suggestion anyway. "We got ambushed?"

"That we did, sort of, but seeing the centaur's great tactical advantage at the start of the fight that was hard to avoid."

I look earnestly at the two of them again. "No, I am talking about a weakness of our opponent we failed to exploit"

Riku and Vigro once more look at each other but it appears that whatever you're talking about is going straight over there heads.

I sigh. Briefly.

"You have both seen that giant monster of his cock, and how rock hard it already dangled between his legs?"

"Ohhhh." They both say before blushing and turning away.

"I fail to see how his lack of armor down there is any meaningful weakness." Vigro responds back, although he still looks embarrassed by the conversation.

"It is not the lack or armor per se ..." I continue. Do they really not know?

"You surely know that there is more than one way to overcome a foe. As a matter of fact when I first came to Suren I vanquished a horde of imps without even raising my sword."

[and here I thought lust based attacks were common knowledge...]

"We are aware of lust based attacks but that's not an area of skill that I practice at." Vigro replies to you.

"Nor is it something I do." Riku adds in.

(It is, you just weren't being direct enough with what you want :D ;) )

"See, that is an interesting point..." I go on. Oh my, rigid morals, this will be harder than I expected.

"You both realize we are on a rather important mission, don't you? This time we were lukcy, but what if next time the choice of the optimal approach will make the difference between victory or defeat?

Are these principles really worth more than the fate of Suren? Would you really rather have Seprico take over than do a little strip?"

And who knows what they will have to do once Seprico does take over, but I let it hang in there without mentioning it yet.

The air becomes very cold as you feel the tension rise in the room. For the first time ever you see that Vigro is mad, very mad at you. "YES because those principles are the very reason we're FIGHTING IN THE FIRST PLACE! If they meant so little to us we would have just let Seprico take over already!" Vigro gets up and walks over to you and for a second you think he might actually attack you, instead however he just walks right on past you.

He stops right at the door and says coldly, "And for the record I am VERY aware of how serious are mission is or do I have to remind you who's land it is that's suffering the most at the hands of corruption? Who's comrades, friends, family are at risky daily now from the threat of Serpico's forces. Who's been forced to watch as people I've looked up to, called my heroes, be corrupted and turn into that which we now fight. I need air right now; but my lady if you ever ask me such a question again I will leave your team." Vigro states before walking out of the room.

The tension somewhat goes out of the room with Vigro's departure but Riku isn't smiling right now either. "Well I can't say that I have as strong and rigid a moral code as the Angel's, but in case you forgot I left my clan, the people who I used to call my sisters; precisely because they wanted me to use lust based magic instead of our original elemental magic. So if you would like for me to stay I suggest you not repeat my former sister's mistakes." Riku tells you coldly as she too exits the room.

"Wait Riku..." Darn, that could have gone better. I get up just as the witch is about to leave the room.

"We need to talk about this now. No, I won't make another attempt to force you to do anything. I just want to explain why I said what I said, and I would like to understand your stance better..."

Riku pauses at the door and turns to look back at you, still unhappy but she appears to at least be willing to hear what you have to say.

"I think at this very moment, this argument of ours, is just playing right into Seprico's hands.

It seems to me since she showed up everyone has started to equate sex and lust and passion with corruption, if only subconsciously. The angels are now more critical about sex than ever before, and this way are driving everyone who won't forego a little romp for fun right into the demon lord's arms. We must not make that same mistake. This corruption is too bad of a news to ignore, but we should not fight it by becoming tyrants of celibacy. That is the wrong way.

I had never wanted to suggest you use lust fuelled magic. I had gathered that this is a no go for you, and I accept that. But why is everyone going straight for something that complicated right away? I had overwhelmed that imp horde without any magic myself, and I had merely wondered whether should we have to resort to lust based attacks the next time you might be able to assist me by doing a bit of stripping and showing of yourself. No need to cast even a single spell..."

I hold up my palms, quickly adding before she can throw another tantrum.

"I will not force any of ths upon you. If you do not want to do this that is fine, and I accept that. I merely wanted to check whether you could consider it an option."

I pause for a moment, and then I go on.

"That's the other thing. Something that has irked me. We know each other for what, two days know? No, we do not know each nuance of each other's character, her likes and dislikes. Then why is everyone here always assuming that it is my sole intention to cause them discomfort and disrespect. I was making a mere suggestion, and both of you grew right into a righteous fury about it, like I was out to get you?

If we are to become a team, we must be able to talk about such matters without egos flaring up violently, without assuming the worst of the other from the start. Otherwise we play right into Seprico's cards."

(Slow clap, wow talk about pulling a save)

Riku pauses for a moment as she listens to what you have to say. "It's....scary." Riku says in a whisper as you see her most vulnerable side ever, your scared that even breathing wrong might set her off. "Have you ever been addicted to something before, that compulsion, that need to have more and you just can't stop yourself, even when you realize what you're becoming. Being corrupted is like that only a million times worst, it starts at small, and you don't even realize what's happening until it's too late.

You go from having sex maybe once a week to every single day, but you don't see anything wrong with that, I mean it's like you say, sex is fun, what's wrong with enjoying it? You don't notice you stopped paying attention to your work, your family, friends; you just want to have sex or do something that gives you pleasure, whether its fighting drugs or something else it's whatever makes you feel good."

Riku lets out a laugh, "And it's funny because none of this seems strange to you. You'd be amaze how your mind just justifies these things or flat out ignores it, making you only care about one thing, getting that next high. Because it feels good, and you've worked hard all your life so why not give in to the pleasure. Then one morning you're walking around the street and you see this girl and she looks fucking hot, and you want to fuck her so you go up to her.

But at this point you're out of your mind, you're not thinking rationally anymore, your horny and you want to have sex so you just grab her and drag her to the alleyway and rip off her clothes. You don't notice her screaming for help in fear, or with tears down her face, you've had sex lots of times, this time is no different, everyone likes sex and she'll be fine once things get going. So you start fucking her, and at first she resist but just like you said she eventually starts to enjoy it and when you realized you did that, you corrupted her, you get the ultimate high you've ever experienced before.

No words can describe it, it's a pleasure beyond all words and phrases that just burns into your mind. You have to have it again, oh sure sex with willing people takes the edge off but its not the same, so now you're purposefully going out looking for people who don't want it so you can corrupt them and the worst thing is, you still see yourself as the good guy in this situation. Everyone desires to be happy, pleasure makes people happy, so why shouldn't you share it, you're doing a good thing to these people, you're making them much happier then they ever would have been."

Riku stops for a moment as she stares off into the distance. "I was almost like that.....so close to losing everything, but then one day while I was masturbating I knocked a book off my shelf and it hit me on my head. I picked it up and it just happen to be open, and I glanced down at it as I was about to put it away so I could continue to masturbate.....that's why I realized what it was. It was my research notes, notes on a brand new spell I was working on, my master piece.

A spell I had been working on for YEARS, trying to get it just right. I would spends hours every day working on it, trying to perfect it, but here the book was dusty because I hadn't looked at it or used it in months and that's when it hit me, well more liked snapped out of it. Something was very wrong with me, I had changed so much and that wasn't normal.

.......I knew fear then, a fear unlike anything ever before because there is no greater fear then that of losing control of yourself without even realizing it. Heh, purifying myself was no easy take, especially considering my kind but god was it worth it in the end. Then I met you." Riku tells you her story before suddenly looking up and turning red.

"Ummm, right, so yea, as long as there's no magic involve it's fine." She says quickly as she turns red in embarrassment before hurrying out of the room.

Wow, that was a tale. But why did she turn red only in the end?

I slowly walk after her. There is this feeling thatthe conversation is not yet complete, and should not be left standing like this ...

(I think you over thought that. Riku turned red because she realized she had just told you something really personal about herself and that was embarrassing for her :D )

You enter into the main lobby where you see Slyer still chilling in the air in his usual spot. "Yo." He says to you with a slight wave.

"Yo" I reply, brief and casual, as I continue towards Riku's room at a moderate pace.

You enter Riku's room, well more like a lab now, and see her organizing some things as she works.

"I knew you were brave..." I say, without any introduction.. "... but I was unaware just how brave. I am more than happy to have you with me..."

Riku pauses, blushing as she says, "Thanks...." She shifts nervously on her feet, and you can tell she feels a little uncomfortable receiving such praise.

I cautiously step closer, reaching out to comfortingly lay an arm on her shoulder. "You are okay?"

"Yea I'm fine." Riku tells you warmly before turning to go back to her lab work. "Anyway is there anything else you want to discuss with me?" She ask you.

"Lots" I smile back. "but right now I think I need to set Vigro straight."

And heading to his room is the next step on my agenda.

Vigro however has not return from his walk, or at least his room is still empty.

In that case the talk with Vigro will have to wait for a bit. I could take my well earned rest now, but before that I will just quickly check up on Zellion.

You walk in on Zelion looking through what appears to be a porno toy magazine, judging from the cover and contents of the pictures. "Ok now just here me out here. You and me, going to Naruia and checking out their sissy bar or their slut bar. What do you say girlfriend?" She asks you in an excited tone of voice.

I take my time and sit down, lower arms reesting on my thighs as I slightly lean forward and muster the demon girl.

"Say, Zellion, what's your take on corruption?"

[btw, has she obeyed my order of staying dressed and keeping her male genital out?]

(Yes, and she's not that thrilled by it ;) )

"Highly misunderstood." Zellion says simply as she continues to flip through her book. "Sure it's dangerous, and Seprico created it in order to enslave all the world but you know what else does all that? Fire...........well ok, not the whole it was created to enslave all the world part but the point is that just because Seprico created it doesn't mean she fully controls it." Zellion looks up from her book as she realizes something. "Wait have you been talking about corruption with that angel? Tsh, those up tight sticks in the mud are afraid of anything they don't understand. Look here's the low down on corruption, yes it's dangerous. If the weak will are exposed to it they become overwhelmed by its power but the strong of will can control the corruption and its power, shape it and use it for their own benefit like I do." Zellion says proudly.

"No, I have not talked with Vigro about it." I had a much better source.

"Well..." I briefly ponder what the demon girl has said "... just because Seprico does not control corruption as much as she would want does not make it any less dangerous, does it? It would be like saying 'Ahh, that summoner conjured a world eating monstrosity, but it's only half bad becaus he does not control it, it is going out on a rampage of its own.'

And are you really sure it is the real you who is controlling the corruption, and not the being that corruption has shaped and twisted out of your former self?"

"I never said corruption wasn't dangerous, fire is also dangerous but in the hands of someone who knows how to use it it's extremely useful and can make a lot easier. Corruption is the same, it's very similar to dark magic in usage and ability only more unstable and powerful. I personally use it to increase both my physical abilities, and my magic aliment, the cock growing is just a bonus." Zellion says with a suggestive wink at you.

"I won't deny corruption might have slightly exaggerated some of my personality traits, but there's no way it could have drastically altered my personality in the way you suggested. I'm simply too powerful and skilled to let that happen." Zellion boast in a way that shows off her ego. It's possible that that too is the corruption's influence but it's also equally possible that Zellion is right and that she is in control of her corruption.

"If even you admit that corruption has slightly altered your personality, something that that plague certainly does not want its victims to recognize, how much then has it truly changed you?" I speculate out loudly. "Are you really as much in control as you think? Can you still remember the time before your first contact with corruption?"

Though Zellion seems rather firm in her convictions, a bit like that centaur in the factory. It seems Riku was right, that stuff is insidious.

Zellion shrugs her shoulders seemingly in an unconcern fashion. "Power changes people, are you saying that learning how to fight didn't change you in some slight way? While it's true I might have changed more then even I realized the fact is I know I'm still the one in control, I ride the horse not the other way around......although that would be interesting." She pounders the thought for a moment before shaking her head and refocusing. "I mean how do you know you're not just some character in a story that another person is controlling and writing the actions of. Our free will could just be an illusion and instead we're all just puppets of a higher power. I am confident that I am in full control of my corruption, after all I'm not bowing down to the new Demon lord right so that says something right off the bat about my free will.

As for remembering the time before my corruption, as a matter of fact I do, and once again I like to remind you that I'm a demon. Liking sex and other pleasures is in our nature." She says simply.

That discussion seems to start moving in circles.

"And that latter part is exactly what is playing into Seprico's hands. Suren was polarized between Angels and demons before, between celibacy and orgies, and due to the lacking tolerance and understanding on both sides the demon part of the population is now driven right into the arms of corruption."

I sigh deeply.

"It would be quite helpful if some demons could demonstrate that enjoying sex and embracing corruption are not the same ..." A bit like Riku, but that probably is asking too much. "But I guess we won't agree on that no matter what."

Getting up I gesture for Zellion to follow. "Come along, I need some rest ..." and with that I am heading towards my quarters.

Zellion sighs as well, "If you must know there are some demons who refused to use corruption, claim it's like steroids and the strength it gives us is too artificial and that trained strength is better. Heh, also I think you would have liked the previous Demon Lord then, the guy actually made efforts for peace and understanding with the Angels although in a more demon like way of course." Zellion states.

"You think so? Any idea where to find him, then?" Though I do have some suspicions.

Finally in my room I waste no time leaning my sword including sheath against the wall and starting to undress for bed.

"You can take off your dress if you want."

Zellion shrugs her shoulders, "Assuming he's still alive I have no idea. A lot of people think he's dead since no one has seen him after the battle for the title of demon lord." She explains.

Zellion lightens up upon hearing your command and quickly takes off her dress. "Would someone like some company tonight?" She asks in her playful seductive voice.

"We shall see..." I reply with an ominous grin. "You know any details about that battle of demon lords?"

Finally undressed I climb onto the bed and lie down on my side, patting the spot right in front of me invitingly.

Zellion hops on the bed, her cock already hard. "Other then Seprico won not much. I've always tended to stay out of demon politics and do my own thing. Still the rumors are that Seprico launched a full scale attack on the Demon Lord's castle with her forces enhanced by corruption. All other details about the fight are unknown except that Seprico won." She goes on to explain.

Reaching for the demon girls shoulder I gently pull her down towards me until my front is nestled to her, my breasts gently rub against her back and her rear settled in the bend of my hips.

"Like that, that is nice"

Thusly cuddling up against her one arm wraps around her, holding her close and feeling the warmth of her body. I settle down to slowly drift off to sleep.

Zellion felt a little disappointed not having actual sex, but she was more surprised by the cuddle then anything else. Clearly not used to this sort of thing she just laid their feeling a little awkward, before also drifting off into peaceful sleep.

(All stats recovered. Lust plus 10)

After a restful night of sleep I finally awaken, careful not to rouse the still slumbering demon girl with my stirring.

Once I have gotten out of bed I just stand there, watching her sleeping form for a moment, and inadvertedly my eyes are drawn to her currently limp but still tasty looking cock. For a moment I am tempted to wake her in a very special way, and maybe it would be a good idea to get rid of some of that pent up lust. Maybe tomorrow.

Tearing my eyes away I quickly dress, and during that I remember yesterday's meditation lesson. Time for the next one it is, so I check out Vigro's chamber again.

"Are you sure it's a good idea to see Vigro right now?" Slyer says stopping you from going into his room. Slyer was hover in his usual spot in his usual pose. "I'm just saying bringing a peace offering or gift goes a long way towards smoothing over someone's feelings. Are you sure you don't want to stop at a store first to get him something?" He asks you.

"And do you really think if Vigro is so miffed that he won't talk to me a little trinket from a shop would sway him? I'd be disappointed in him if it did. Vigro and I need to have a serious talk anyways, and better now than later."

And I mean exactly what I am saying. I have no use for teammates who only cooperate because of a little present. It is similar as with Riku, and hopefully the end result of our talk will be similar as well.

Vigro is sitting down on the floor in his usual meditative position. He seems to have cooled off slightly since your last talk but still appears to be unhappy with you.

I slowly appraoch him, eventually settling down across from him in a position similar to his, doing my best to work in what I have learned from him yesterday.

After about two minutes insilence, I finally speak up.

"We need to talk"

Vigro continues to stay in position as he replies, "I'm listening."

"Then you can look as well."

I rise back to my feet, walk over to the wall he is looking at and use a piece of chalk to draw a picture.

"Can you tell me what this is?"

Vigro looks up at the picture and states, "A flag of some kind?"

I shake my head, and as I do I can not resist a little smile even though the situation is so somber.

"No, it is a giraffe walking past a window."

I pause for a few seconds to let that sink in before I continue. "I had first seen this picture riddle when I was about six years old.

But do you know why I showed it to you today?"

Vigro actually cracks a small smile, "To show that people can have different perspectives on the same issue?"

"Almost" I return the smile as I reply.

"More like, that we, all of us, have a tendency to look at something through a very small window that won't give us the whole picture.

And the problems become even worse when two people use different windows."

Vigro gives a small giggle as he replies, "A very wise saying."

I grow a bit more somber in tone again.

"So you agree that allies should talk over their differences - which might only be misunderstandings - rather than storming out of the room in rage?"

Vigro grows a bit more testy as he replies, "I agree that allies should talk over their differences and respect each other's opposing opinion."

"Then let's do that, shall we. So what exactly got you so riled up yesterday? Did you really think I wanted you to embrace corruption?"

"No, but I felt you were challenging my commitment to the cause because their were some lines I won't cross. I am more then aware of what Zellion believes in and your willingness to use.....other techniques to win battles. I also know that neither of you want to rule under our great enemy and that if we are going to win this war we must be willing to compromise, but their are some lines I will not cross. No means no." Vigro tells you.

"And what would those lines be exactly? Please try to be thoughtful and precise here..."

"I will not learn lust based attacks." Vigro states firmly as he waits for your response.

I nod.

"See, and you could say it all calm and composed.

But, just to help me understand, why? No, I am not talking about anything involving corruption. We both know that lust based attacks can function without that."

Vigro sighs, "To put very simply, it's against my culture and personal beliefs. Think of it like how certain religions prevent their followers from eating certain kinds of meat. Angels do not use lust base attacks, even without corruption it is an "unpure" form of attack. And as a society that bases ourselves around being pure, hence holy magic, that's a problem." Vigro explains.

"All right." Cultural beliefs my ass, but I guess I have to tread a bit more gently with Vigro here.

"But I want you to give thought, and I mean serious thought, to the following. Imagine a hypothetical situation where we are facing a female foe. A powerful female foe. We are battling that foe, and much is on the line in that fight, maybe the fate of all Suren. And the fight is not going well for us.

Then suddenly an opportunity presents itself. All you'd have to do is get out your penis and wag it at that foe, and there is a good chance for her to be distracted long enough for us to pull a win. What will you do?"

I hold up my hands, palms facing him. "No, don't answer me. Not yet. Really think this over." Let him stew in his own thoughts, maybe that will do the trick.

"You see, in my experience cultural values fall in one of two categories. Either they are justified by the general principles of ethics. Or they are just some random rule someone a long time ago made up for no particular reason, and are followed because ... it has always been this way."

I rise back to my feet, and as I turn towards the door I add. "I'll go fetch Riku for our next meditation lesson, and after that we'll be off to find that creature for Lucy."

Vigro doesn't say anything as you have requested but you can tell that he would have if you had not cut him off.

You take a few steps out of Vigro's room just as a large explosion comes from Riku's room, sending the young witch flying towards you and crashing on the ground. Smoke is coming out of her room now. Riku for her part though looks too be mostly unharm if winded. "Owww, that did not work as I expected it too." She moans while still laying on the ground.

I merely comment dryly:

"Well, since you need to wait for your room to clear anyways, why not do our meditation session with Vigro now?"

I do hope, though, that Riku knows what she is doing with her experiments.

"Oh sure." Riku comments as she gets up. "Oh Rhyo." Riku calls out.

"Yes." Rhyo answers coming out from his room with his stone face.

"Could you be a dear and clean up my room. You know just put the fires and such out but don't touch any of the chemicals." Riku asks.

"Certainly." Rhyo responses as he moves unafraid into Riku's room to get started.

"Ok all set, let's go!" Riku tells you.

"Have you conducted any further experiements on Rhyo since we both did ..." I ask in a conspirational whisper while giving her a wink, before I add more loudly.

"Yes, indeed, let's go."

Riku blushes before respond, "I haven't done any of "those" kinds of experiments on Rhyo, however I have done a couple of other things on him. He seems reluctant to let me dissect parts of his body despite my assurance that I can probably put him back together again, but other then that he makes for an excellent lab assistant." Riku tells you as you enter Vigro's room with him still mediating as normal.

"Don't damage him, will you?" I even wag a finger at her in mock reprimand "Would be a pity if you found out too late that you can't put him back together as well as you thought."

"But enough of Rhyo, we are here to learn."

As I say this I sit down across from Vigro in the position he taught us yesterday.

Vigro gets too work, today's lesson is a refresher from yesterday as well as teaching you how to both ignore distractions as you clear out your mind and channel your inner peace. You and Riku breath in and out as you feel yourself more comfortably learn this technique.

(Mediation now at 50%)

I feel better, more confident, after the lesson, even if my actual lust level has not decreased yet. When it becomes clear Vigro will not teach us anymore today I rise to my feet.

"All right folks, let's get ready for the hunt. Or would one of you prefer to rest and recover your strength for a bit longer?"

It is a genuine offer of concern, and I have no intention to taunt or mock as I say it.

"I'm good to go." Riku replies.

"As am I." Vigro says as he readies his own gear.

"So are you going to contact Lucy, or head to the Swamp zone yourself and see if you can't bag the prize?" Slayer asks as he appears beside you, smiling his normal smile.

"Well, Lucy is on our team, isn't she?" I reply, a bit surprised by this rather underhanded suggestion. "Also, she is the one who knows how to deal with the corruption using that reagent we are going to gather, so not much of a prize to bag without her help."

As I say that last sentence I already bring out the contact stone. That gives Slye only a very brief window to bring another argument before I activate it.

Slyer just shrugged his shoulders and gives you his classic knowing smile. You get the feeling that he didn't care so much about the options themselves as to what choice you would make.

May he be happy with my choice. If not, then not.

I finally activate the communication stone. Time to get going, that corruption won't vanish of its own accord.

You enter into the swamp. a very humid place with trees, made out of pink vines scattered about. Each step you take sinks into the wet ground with a squesh sound. The place is filled with green rivers flowing in all sorts of directions and ways. Some rivers even flowed upward into the air, doing loops and just defying gravity. The grass, which makes up the only solid ground, was blue.

Lucy, in her armor, nods her head as you approach. "Welcome to the swamp zone. Ok we can either try to go straight to the monster and hope we don't run into the ruler of this zone, or we can go to him first and try to negotiate access to his land. Which one do you want to do?" She asks you.

"Why don't you tell me a bit about that ruler first?" I ask right back "Like what demands he might make in return for his cooperation."

"Robusino, and aggressive asshole. The man's got an ego the size of a mountain and is a big believer in survival of the strongest. Not to mention he liked fucking anyone and anything way before corruption became a factor. He was actually one of the first demons to use corruption against Seprico. He absolutely hates the Angels and their leader and is only concern with his own interest. He could ask you anything from sex to money depending upon his mood. Needless to say I strongly dislike dealing with him." Lucy explains.

"Seems you have answered your own question, then." I reply with a grin.

"But assuming he does catch us while we snoop around in his territory, how much of a chance will our party have against him?"

"We could probably take him" Lucy says after a moment's hesitation. "but I'm not sure if that's a good idea in it of itself. After all he is fighting against Seprico and the last thing we want is Seprico to gain more land and capture a powerful demon to take control of."

"Then we might be lucky and he is smart enough to realize that himself.

It is settled then. We go in without announcing ourselves, and should he show up we will improvise."

"Alright then follow me." Lucy says as she leads the party further into the swamp zone. As the party walks the fog in the swamp zone begins to thicken, although strangely know one in your party says something about this. Just when the fog thickens enough to completely block your vision of your teammates you see a very familiar face.

"Hey, there, how's it going?" Your dark reflection asks, the fog strangely not blocking your view of her at all.

I merely smirk at the not quite so welcome sight. "Fine. Until you showed up, at least."

"Don't be like that, I'm you after all. Hey if anything I should be mad at you for taking so long at bringing down the royals but hey I get it. We're busy, there's a lot here to do and only so much time in the day right? Anyway I'm worried about us, I don't trust this Lucy fellow." Your dark half states.

Sure she does. Is it a sign of beginning shizophrenia that I start thinking of that darker half of me in the third person?

"Any particular reason for that?"

Your dark half gives you the whole, "I can't believe you don't see it" look.

"She's clearly been in Suren too long. And the fact she's fighting the corruption isn't helping her, I mean just look at that girl. She's clearly losing it and is just barely holding on. Not to mention the aggressive way she came on to us when we first met. She's going to accuse of us of being corrupt or against her or something and attack us." Your Dark half states confidently.

"Should that ever happen I'll deal with it when it happens." I quip back.

"Anything else?"

Your dark half sighs as she says, "It's not worth the risk, look I say we strike first and push her off the cliff so to speak. If we increase her corruption level to the point where she can no longer fight it, she'll stabilize and we'll have a new ally we can count on who won't ever betray us. A win win. What do you say?"

(New Dark mission. Corrupt Lucy to ensure her loyalty to you and your goals)

What kind of ass backwards logic is that? Corrupt her so she will loyally fight alongside us against corruption? Not that I will tell my dark half that.

"I'll think about it ..."

Your dark half frown, as if reading your thoughts, and disappears once again into the mist. "Spacing out are we?" Slayer asks as the fog clears enough for you to see your party. Although he's acting playful you can sense his curiousity and tinge of worry in his voice. Spacing out was unusual behavior for you.

(Dark mission rejected)

"Just ... thinking things over for a moment." I reply, trying to sound unconcerned but my smile is probably a bit on the weak side. "I am fine, no need to worry."

"Good, because we're almost their." Lucy states as she gives you a susicipous look. "It looks like luck is on your side, we haven't run into Robusino yet and the Nemuko is right there." Lucy tells you as she points past a row of bushes she's using as cover to hide. You can see the tentcale like plant monster sitting by itself with it's flytrap mouth open and waiting to catch some pray. A yellow crystal, gem, or something is in the middle clearly acting as bait.

(Luck roll past, did not meet Rebusino.....yet :D

Mission update: Made it to the Nemuko, you can choose to either engage it now or ask Lucy/party for more intel on the creature to better plan your tactic)

I crouh down next to Lucy and whisper barely audible. "My guess is that the gem is what we need? Or do we need the creature alive?

What else can you tell me about it? Like modes of attack, weaknesses, how mobile it is?"

"The gem is all that we need, it's an important ingredient in the potion I need to purify the liquid corruption. The Nemuko acts sort of like a flytrap, the gem apparently is very sweet smelling to certain creatures, luckily humans not being one of said creatures, and acts as the bait to lure them in. Unlike the flytrap though the Nemuko's tentacles have a huge reach and are incredibly fast so simply getting near it is all it needs to grab you and drag you into its mouth to eat you.

It's exposure to corruption though has changed it's behavior though. Now it only eats males, and instead uses its tentacles to do what every corrupted being does with females. To make matters worse it has develop some kind of lust gas it can spray out. Luckily the gas is only a close range attack but it's still a pain in the ass to deal with. Fighting it is going to be tough, it's tentacles are quick and hard to hit and if we get to close to it we get gas, and have to deal with its mouth. Sneaking up on it isn't an option, when it doesn't have any prey to deal with all of its senses are focused in a sphere around itself and will detect any creature that enters its range.

We could though send someone to "distract" it, since it doesn't actually hurt the female they would be fine and released afterwards while someone else sneaks up on the Nemuko and steal its gem. The sneaker though would have to be a good stealth person or the Nemuko will end up spotting them. Or we could just say screw it and go all end for an attack and hope it all goes well, you are packing health potions I hope?" Lucy informs you of all of this.

You also notice something strange when you look around at your party, although it takes you a second to realize what. Slyer hasn't disappeared yet!!!! Slyer is still floating around in his relaxed position, normally he would have disappeared by now to let you handle this monster by yourself. This is definitely unusual behavior for the demon.

"You know the exact range of its tentacles, or at least close enough?" I ask again,since a plan is forming. One we just had 'discussed' this morning.

"Since the plant seems to be hot for feamles due to its corruptions, why don't we just stand outside tentacle range and tease it into submission?"

I turn to look at Slyer, and add, seriously "What do you think?"

If all else fails, we can still bring in Rhyo. The gargoyle will be immune to the lust gas, and probably too tough and stoney to be eaten.

"I thought of that but sadly its, vision? I guess you can call it that; is based on it's perimeter. So in order to entice it you would have to actually step inside its range and then quickly step back out before it grabs you. And even then I'm not sure if that would create a big enough distraction to allow someone to sneak by completely unnoticed." Lucy states as she continues to observe, almost obsessively, it's target.

Slyer looks up from his position and over at the monster, seeming to be actually judging its strength. "It's absorb a lot of corruption which has made it pretty strong. However from what I can see its able to tell where things are, in part, from the vibrations in the ground that it's tentacles pick up. Keeping to the sky and off the ground would greatly increase your odds against the creature." Slyer tells you with his usual sly smile.

I nod. "A good observation. Vigro, how are your wings doing? If we manage to distract the thing do you think you could swoop in and grab the gem? As a male this would be riskier, of course.."

Or maybe we can simply span a rope across it and have someone approach that way. That would assume that suitable trees are available on both sides of the creature. I check that.

When I think about distractions, though, another idea hits me. "So this beast has a limited perception and tentacle range? Riku, Slye, I am sure you can outrange that with your ranged attacks? And if not, now that we know this place we can make a quick detour and grab some bows and arrows... In any case, why not batter it into submission from a safe distance?"

"Possibly." Vigro replies as he continues to eye the distance and think about his next move.

As you look up you definitely can see some trees all around the swamp so the rope idea could work......provided if you could find a piece of rope......

"I can hit that distance no problem with my spells but I might run out of mana first before I can completely take out his health." Riku replies to you.

"If we double back for bows and arrows we increase the risk we run into the ruler of this land." Lucy adds on.

"I could take out Mr. Plant if I felt so incline." Slyer states as he continues to float in the air. The fact he hasn't disappeared yet is a good indicator that you might be able to offer him something for his aid.

"And the fact that this could be a big step in the fight against corruption is not enough of an incentive, correct?" I ask back at Syle, before turning to Riku again.

"Well, you would not have to kill the plant. All we need is the gem, so a targetted blast to the stem holding it, followed up by some telekinesis to fetch the gem should do the trick. Do you know the spells necessary for that?"

"That would in fact be correct." Slyer replies back with a playful smile at you. "Don't forget that while we share some goals, not all of them are the same." He informs you with a grin.

"I might be able to hit the stem, bare in mind I'm no archer so my aim isn't exactly the best. However I don't know any "telekinesis" magic, mine's all nature base." Riku tells you as she looks over at the plant to judging the distance of the target.

Ignoring Slyer for now I focus on what Riku has to offer.

"Well, you'll have more than one shot. And if you can do nature magic, then... how about once the gem is separated from the beast you summon a powerful gust of wind to blow it away from the creature for us to pick up?"

"I can try to do that" Riku states as everyone looks to you for the full game plan. You did have a bunch of ideas thrown around so it might be good to restate the actual plan before going ahead and launching the attack.

"Sounds good." I give Riku an encouraging smile.

"So here is what we are going to do: Riku will try to sever the stem that holds the gem with one of her spells from a safe distance. If she misses the first time she can try again.

Once she succeeds she then will summon strong gusts of wind to blow the gem away from the creature to where we can safely pick it up."

Hopefully I will not have to come up with a Plan B.

Everyone nods their head as Riku gets into position to follow through with the plan. She fires one of her fire balls at the stem of the plant, knocking down the gem from the monsters grasp, however the monster howls in pain as it begins to swipe at the direction of the party. It's tentacles whip out like lightning and strike the ground like thunder but because the party is out of the creature's range they have no fear. Still things do not go completely as plan, because of the monster wildly swinging it's tentacles, and actively trying to grab its gem, it takes Riku a significant amount of more energy then originally expected to get the gem away from the creature. Still after about twenty minutes she does succeed.

Lucy acts quickly and fluidity, grabbing the gem and pocketing into her own bag. Riku drops to the ground, sweat rolling off her body as she breathes heavily. "I'm alright," She tells you, but you can tell that she's drain a lot of magical energy, which isn't going to make her very helpful in any fights any time soon.

"We should leave quickly, that was very noisy and might have attracted unwanted attention." Vigro comments as he looks around the surroundings.

I nod as I do my best to help Riku back to her feet, smiling at her encouragingly as I tell her "Well done. But now we really need to leave". Which should not be too hard considering how travel works in Suren. I prepare myself to depart towards my camp.

"Do we have time for Riku to rest up?" I ask Lucy. Even if not, we better take a stop at my camp to let her get some rest and bring in a substitute.

"Every second we don't purify the factory more and more corruption spills out and affects us all." Lucy states.

"Well isn't she just a barrel full of sunshine and roses." Slyer comments to you as Riku wobbly gets to her legs.

"Stopping at the camp to switch someone else out shouldn't be a problem though." Vigro states. Lucy doesn't say anything in response to this but she does glare at Vigro clearly unhappy.

"I agree with Vigro" I merely state. No way I am dragging Riku to the factory in this state. "so we will head to our camp now."

Turning to Lucy I inquire "How long will it take you to brew the potion? And how much trouble do you expect at the factory? The worst obstacles should have been removed by now."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom