Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Submitting in Suren

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably the first set of maps of Suren I get to see, and so I use the opportunity to study them intently, not only the points Millianda is pointing out. To better to do, as well as to follow her explanations, I step up next to her side. And when she is finished, naturally questions remain. So I turn to face the queen, and start firing them off.

"So I am assuming this storm Seprico's forces have summoned is also encompassing Mount Kusah? Or what other reason would there be that some of your soldiers couldn't just fly over the heads of the minotaurs to its top and charge that item.

That is the task, isn't it? Get to the top, charge the item, and bring it to you so you can use it in your frontal assault on Seprico? I am assuming at least for the way back the regular Suren way of travel will work?

And these minotaurs, anything you can tell me about them? Do they refuse all attempts at communication?"

"Correct, the storm is over the entire mountain zone which is why we've been unable to press forward and been forced to play the bunker game with our enemy. The task is for you to just bring the item to the top of the mountain and get it to charge. Once it's charged it's been program to do all of the rest of the work. Just leave it in place and get the hell out of there." Millianda answers. The queen of angels actually rolls her eyes at your next question. "Other than lewd comments and flashy threats yes. Not that it matter given how corrupt those creatures have become we're only lucky that their pride stops them from becoming full on servants of the demon lord and they refuse to obey or listen to her forces." You get the distinct feeling that Millianda didn't try real hard to communicate with the Minotaurs, still if they're not listening to the demon army either it could mean this was a wise or foolish move.

A wild minotaur throwing lewd comments at a (presumably female) angel, who would have thought? And that already deterred them from any further attempt at diplomacy? These angels needed to loosen up a bit, it seemed.

"I think we can do this, or at least attempt to." I finally reply after thinking it over for a bit. These angels were far from perfect with their attitude, but they still seemed the way preferable choice compard to Seprico. "How time critical is this mission? Seeing how you invited us to stay at the palace for at least one night it seems not to be of the utmost urgency."

"You can do it whenever you would like, just let me know when you're ready." Millianda comments, "Like I said we were in the process of putting together a team to complete the mission anyway. it was just taking a bit since I had to coordinate several different units. Now obviously if you take a really long time to complete it, like a month or something then I'm just going to send in my team, which should be assembled by that point, to go in and do it." The Queen of angels informs you.

"No, not a month" I shake my head for emphasis. "I was thinking about a week or so, to take care of some minor tasks ..." like gettying the curse lifted off Skyle " ... and relax and recover a bit after the fight in the factory.

So once we are ready I come by and pick up the artifact?"

Once that is clarified I have no objection to testing the angel's hospitality, and see their general reaction to a bikini clad girl.

"That would be fine." Millianda tells you as another angel flies into the room and points to their wrist. "Anyway I'm sorry to cut this short but I have things to attend to. My guide will show you to the dining hall for your celebration feast." The Queen tells you as an angel leads you and Virgo to the dining hall.

The dining hall is made out of clouds and gives off a very simplistic style, sort of like monks or that of a religious site. The place lacks any sort of decoration other than the ceiling or rather, lack of ceiling which is open to show the beautiful blue sky. There aren't that many angels in the hall, although those that are there are in uniforms and look to be of high rank. Virgo is star struck and you get the feeling he knows every single one of these people similar to how you would know of famous celebrities. The angels pat Virgo on the back, paying him lots of compliments and overall being very pleasant with him. You on the other hand get judging stares for your outfit, buttttttt the angels are at least nice to you, even if they keep their distance somewhat. Dinner consists of the greatest fruits and vegetables you have ever seen and tasted, salads and other heathy items seem to be what angels mainly eat. Dinner is accomplied by harp players playing a lovely melody. You feel refresh and ready to go, not to mention you feel like the meal has calm you down (HP fully restored and lust reduced by 10).

Afterwards the angels offer you a room to stay the rest of the day and night. Do you accept the offer or do you head out?

(Let me know if you know me to PM you your list of locations that you can go to)

I ge the distinct impression that some of these angels really need to get laid badly, even if they would not admit it to themselves. Makes me remember how Vigro reacted when I sucked him off. Why are they so stuck up and opposed to some innocent fun times? I am not going to get laid here, either.

On theothe rhand, the food is really great. I probably eat a bit more than I should, before pondering how to proceed. It is relaxing here, and while a bit boring I fear turning down the offer now would just alienate the angels unnecessarily. So the decision is made, we stay here for the night, and in the morning - if the breakfast is as good that alome might make the stay worth it - we return to camp to discuss the mountain expedition. Maybe some of my companions can offer different insights on these minotaurs.

While you might be a tad bit bored Vigro is having the time of his life, clearly this is his type of party. The rooms you are provided are once again simple and plain but the beds themselves are perhaps the most comfortable and peaceful things you have ever slept on. They are literally made of clouds and magic to provide the greatest sleeping experience possible. In the morning Vigro gives a traditional military goodbye to his friends before he joins you back at your camp for a meeting.

"The demon lord is not going to be happy about this set-back and will most likely move for some kind of retaliation," Lucy comments as she looks down with an angry thoughtful expression. "I recommend upping the defenses to your camp if you intend to keep using it as a parament base. While the camps are protected by old and ancient magic to prevent powerful beings from discovering them, weaker beings can still slip through and attack us in our sleep. While it's unlikely they could do us serious harm in anything but large numbers, waking us constantly in the night could hurt our rest."

"Minotaurs, they're great! Lots of fun to party with and be fucked by with their massive cocks!" Zelion states excitedly as Vigro rolls his eyes.

"Of course you would enjoy their loud, obnoxious, drunkard and primitive behavior. Even before the corruption spread Minotaurs were at the awkward stage in their evolution. Some of them were highly intelligent; and able to be shop owners while others were little more than wild beasts acting purely on instinct. With corruption though the majority of Minotaurs act like beast now, acting on instinct but still maintaining just enough salvage intelligence to be somewhat organized and resourceful. Not to mention their cum is almost pure corruption." Vigro states.

Riku just shrugs her shoulders as she works on one of her experiments, "I haven't really dealt with Minotaurs before so I can't really tell you much."

Rhyo stands like a statue, unmoving except for the glowing green lines of magical energy. "Minotaur society is one based on pure strength and tribe like behavior. Minotaurs value one's combat strength above all other things and that is typically how they settle disputes with tribe leaders, the strongest of all the Minotaur's, stepping in to keep the tribe from destroying itself. Minotaur's are very prideful creatures as well and have been known to raid and steal items from nearby towns. Females are discouraged from going near actual Minotaur camps since Minotaurs have been known to challenge females to duels in order to forcefully make them their mates."

I listen to all of their input thoughtfully. While there is no great key revelation, I did learn some new pieces of information. And ... wait ...

"What was that about their cum, Vigor? Could you ... or anyone else ... clarify this more?" So sex once again is a bad idea, it seems. That is developing to be one annoying trend.

"And Rhyo, can we use their strength focus to our advantage? If one of us would defeat their leader in a duel, would that mean the whole tribe was at her command? Even if she was a female?" Still begs the question if any of us is strong enough to actually beat a minotaur leader.

"But before we tackle that mountain, maybe we should really think about Lucy's suggestion. How would you go about fortifying the camp?"

"Don't listen to that uptight Angel, not ALL Minotaurs have high levels of corruption and besides, a little corruption never killed anyone right?" Zelion states causing Vigro to roll his eyes.

"The ultimate enemy in war is carelessness, Minotaur's are particularly vulnerable to corruption due to their race. It's nothing personal it's just the way things are in a war." Virgro states.

Rhyo seems to process what you ask for a moment, a humming type noise coming from her body before she replies, "Yes that could work, I believe that is how the Demon Lord recruited the smaller Minotaur tribes, but as a non-Minotaur you would almost certainly be challenged constantly for the position unless you demonstrate incredible power and possibly even then, Minotaur's can be very prideful."

Lucy explains, "You need to hire a mason or some kind of construction workers to build defensive fortifications around the camp. It could be costly if you don't work out some kind of deal with the workers but it's the best way to ensure your camp is, in fact, a safe place. At the very least I would recommend you start assigning people to guard duty at night but anyone you do assign to guard duty at night will be too tired to go with you during the day and could get hurt or injured during the night."

Again I try to process their input. What Rhyo brings up is valid, and being challenged constantly could prove hindersome.

"Hmm, but once I beat their leader can't I make up the rules myself? Like that I can only be challanged once a week, and it is up to the challengers to determine who gets the honors, likely in the form of a tournament?"

As I wait for his reply, Lucy piques in, and she immediately catches my attention.

"Ehhmmm, what sort of arrangement could we possibly work out that would give us fortifications for free, or near free?" Is the knight really suggesting prostitution as payment?

Rhyo once more glows as she silently and motionlessly processes your question. After a minute of this she slowly nods her head, "That could work, in fact several other Minotaur leaders have done this exact same thing before when they are in charge of a large aggressive tribe but you will need to host this tournament frequently or the Minotaurs are likely to get restless." The gargoyle tells you.

"It depends upon the merchant. You could do any number of odd jobs for them, anything from getting a rare item they need, to acting as their body guard for a trip; hell I even had one merchant ask me to take care of an enemy they had made. In essences as dreamcatchers we have a unique set of skills that we can sell instead to merchants in exchange for their help." Lucy tells you. To be fair it was always going to be unlikely that out of all people Lucy was going to be the one to recommend prostitution to acquire what you need. Still even if Lucy was unlikely to suggest it prostitution has been around for hundreds of years in many cultures, history itself states that it would work out just fine if that's the route you choose to go down.

I once again nod, acknowledging their input. Seems I had slightly misread Lucy's suggestion initially. Though it could be fun to get fucked together with her by a pair of (or more) guys. Or monsters. Though who knows how she will react to this ...

"I think Lucy is right, we first should do something about fortifying the camp. Or at least get started on it. We do not need to climb Minotaur Mountain imediately, and my guess is that building a proper wall will take some time, so the sooner we begin the better.

Any suggestions where we have the best chance to find suitable craftsmen, especially those willing to accept alternate payment methods?"

"As luck would have it, we can find it in the same place where we can meet the powerful wizards needed to remove your friend's curse, Auga." Lucy tells you.

"Orrrrrrrr, we could go to Naruia." Zelion suggests with a self serving flirty smile.

Lucy immediately rolls her eyes. "Oh, of course you would recommend the corrupt city."

"HEY, they have wizards that specialize in curses, and builders there too! Plus it's a lot more fun." Zelion says suggestively.

"And a lot more dangerous. Putting aside the obvious corruption problem going to the city represents, there's the issue that it's full of thieves and bandits just waiting to loot and steal from anybody passing by! It's far more dangerous than Auga which is not only safer but has higher quality of goods and people."

"And a higher price tag!" Zelion argues back.

Both the demon and Knight stare at each other, seeing if they can make the other blink before they both turn to you, waiting to see who's side you'll take. (Hidden INT roll) You're not sure but you think you see some sexual tension between Lucy and Zelion, as fleeting as it might be. (Just a quick refresher, the information i just gave to you might be accurate, or it might be inaccurate depending on if you passed or failed that INT roll. It's up to you to decide if you think your character perceived that correctly)

I sigh. Deeply. Why do I always have to pick sides? Why can't there be an option that makes everyone happy?

"I think we will try Auga first." I finally reply. "If we are making arrangements with the craftsmen to get that wall built without gold payments the price tag should be less of a concern, as solid adventuring work in turn should be valued more highly in that city" just a blind guess, I admit "plus, I have had enough fighting for a bit, and since there is likely more to come on Minotaur Mountain I do prefer not having to deal with bandits and thieves for a bit.

So, anyone who wants to come with me? Anyone thinks she or he will have problems getting into the city?" Like Zelion might have should she ever attempt to enter Angel city.

I would love to take both Lucy and Zelion with me, to see if there is any substance to that sexual tension, or if that was just a figment of my imagination, but it might be wiser to pick another companion composition. Riku as the one who diagnosed Syle is a natural candidate.

Let's see who volunteers.

"As always my lady, my spear is yours." Virgo says in a very knightly honorable mention but his wording does cause Zelion to giggle.

"I will do what you will." Rhyo replies back.

"I would like to go so I could see the city and talk with other mages, but you don't need to bring me. Slyer is in stable condition and easy enough to transport or to have a mage follow you back to the camp to check him out." Riku informs you.

"I know the city well, I can lead you around to wherever you need." Lucy states as she nods her head.

"Sure I'd like to go." Zelion volunteers causing Lucy to roll her eyes.

"You? You'll never get passed the corruption detectors and once they discovered how corrupt you are they'll freaking burn you at a stake." Lucy states.

"Pleasssssse, like that would be the first time I beat their corruption detectors or even the first time I sneaked into Auga." Zelion replies back confidently.

"Or the first time you took an unneeded risk into the city." Lucy states.

I would really love to take Lucy and Zellion with me on that trip if only to see what will become of their sexual tension. Would they act on it? But was that really worth the risk of Zellion triggering a corruption detector and causing everyone an unnecessary lot of trouble?

"Tell me" I therefore ask the demon girl directly "how do you intend to get past these detectors?"

Zelion blinks, "Oh that's easy, I plan on coming in through the sewers." She states before she begins to change her form into that of a little mouse.

This action causes Lucy to look on in surprise, "You can change your form into different animals of that size too?"

Zelion turns back into her regular demon looking form as she smiles quite proud of herself. "Yup, I've pretty much leveled up my shape changing ability so that I can change into any living thing. Sadly it takes too much time for it to really be useful in combat, not to mention is VERY uncomfortable on super large or super small forms but it's very useful for situations like this. Hold your applause, I know, I know, I'm great." Zelion states proudly, showing off to Lucy causing the knight to roll her eyes a little.

I do not really care about Zellion's bragging right now, but I have another concern.

"So, you can get into the city that way. But what happens once you are inside, shift back into a humanoid form, and then run into a patrol that ... does a routine check?"

Lucy actually answers this one. "This city isn't like angel city. They don't have the manpower to do random checks on people, so unless you do something that raises suspicion or brings attention upon yourself it's very unlikely they will check you once you're inside the city."

"And I CAN keep a low profile......or slip away from patrols. This ain't my first go around." Zelion states with a smug smile.

I might regret this later. Very much so in fact. But for now I am just curious myself. Not only about Zellion's subterfuge skills, but also her dynamics in tandem with Lucy. Plus, it will be interesting to see if the demon girl can indeed keep as low of a profile as she claims.

And lastly, after the fight in the factory she has earned herself a reward, right?

"I want to see you keeping a low profile" I therefore grin back at her, before proclaiming. "So Lucy and Zellion will join me on this one.

Any suggestions or requests from those that have to stay back and hold the fort?"

The rest of your party gives you a grocery list of things they want. It's nothing fancy or important though so it's unlikely to take any effort on your part to get these items. With that all settled you set out to Auga, a journey, thanks to Suren's weird traveling kinks, that takes zero time as you suddenly find yourself in the desert zone. Looking around you don't see anything around you, except for the shifting sands, but Lucy and Zellion continue walking forward without worry.

"See you in a bit," Zellion says with a wave as she suddenly transforms into her little mouse form and takes off into the sands. Ten steps later and you and Lucy come across a gate. A gate with guards that literary come out of nowhere. One moment you're walking and the next a gate with seemingly nothing on the other side appears right in front of you.

"HALT!" A female dog morph in armor and carrying a spear states as she and another armor figured, this time a lizard with a mace, take up battle positions. "This is the entrance to Auga. If you want in prepare for inspection." She states.

Compared to how angel city did their inspections this one was almost a joke. Just a quick scan before they nod their heads and let you enter into the city. You walk through the gates and enter into a large city with towering stone and wood buildings. People are walking about and going on with their business.

"Auga has the best, and last, free wizards in the world. It's very hard, almost impossible for someone to discover this place on accident and even then you still have to go through the gates." Lucy explains.

"Or my entrance." Zellion states as she suddenly appears right next to both of you causing Lucy to jump a little. Zellion cracks her neck and laughs at her, "HA, HA, made you jump."

"You little," Lucy states as she starts to chase Zellion around in a comical fashion. This does give you time to look around at the city. At the center of the city is the large Wizard tower where you might be able to find help with Slye's condition as well as talk with the leaders of this city.

Next to a building-in-progress you spot a large, rough sign stating "Lizard's construction. We build it better, stronger and something."

Right by the park you spot a super-market looking place. The sign reads "Gatemart, for all of your warrior needs at GREAT prices!" Naturally right next to it is also a bar. "Centaur's ale!" The sign states, could be a good place for socialization and to pick up intel, as well as get some beer flying between Lucy and Zellion. Nothing like alcohol to loosen inhibitions. Of course you could try setting them up on a date instead, a classic but goody move.

In any case where will you go now?

Locations.

A. Wizard Tower

B. Lizard's Construction

C. Gatemart

D. Centaur's Ale

I amuse myself by watching Lucy chase around Zellion for a bit, before I call out to them. First things first, let's deal with the open tasks on our list before entertaining the thought of some fun times.

"Lucy, is this 'Lizard's construction' the only contractor in the city, or do you know of an alternative?" Being able to compare prices would definitely be a plus in the negotiations.

(Points for creativity for asking Lucy :D And also sorry that this post is super late even by my bad standards o_O)

Lucy gives you a knowing smile as she replies, "As a matter of fact I do." The knight then proceeds to lead you down a set of winding and turning allies until you come near an old dirty looking shop. Zellion seems to recognize this area as she looks around curiously and then lets lose a huge smile.

"Lucy you sly dog, you didn't tell me you were into Pigman." She teases causing Lucy to blush as she snaps back.

"N-n-no! And they're called Suss! It's incredibly racist, and sexist, to call them pigman." Lucy responds back flush and a little embarrassed.

Zellion just rolls her eyes, "Most of them don't care about that stuff. The Susist are very chilled people."

"Anyway this is my old construction contact, Baro!" Lucy states as she walks into the shop. The place is very messy, dust and trash are on the ground and it's clear this shop hasn't seen paint in a very long time. (Int roll pass) However you notice that on a foundational level this place is solid, the floors, tiles and ceiling look very well constructed and put together in a very strong and durable fashion.

Baro, a large pink fellow with the face of a pig walks over to Lucy and gives the knight a big hug. "Lucy, it's been far too long. I'm glad to see you're doing well, there were far too many.......negative rumors about you going around."

Lucy smiles at her old friend, "I'm doing good now Baro, anyway let me introduce you to my new friends. This is Ceana. Ceana this is Baro, one of the very best construction workers around."

"Nice to meet you," Baro says with a friendly hearty laugh before asking, "So what can I do for you today?"

Perception Perk Judging from Lucy's tone of voice, and the way her face flushes in embarrassment it is strongly likely that Zellion hit the nail on the head but judging from Zellion own body language it's unlikely Zellion realizes how right she really was.

Interesting. Very interesting. So Zellion hit the nail on the head without even intending to, or realizing she did? This unveils a new facet of lucy, and quite a sympathetic one. It also might make negotiations with baro a lot easier, if done right, as it might not take as much convincing to have Lucy 'take one for the team', so to speak. Win-win, and no corruption involved.

Smiling back at Baro as friendly as he greeted me I openly reply:

"Well, we are currently in dire need of some really good construction work to fortify our camp. I asked for the best, and Lucy led me here." I accentuate that compliemnt with a grin.

"Though there might be an additional problem ... we currently don't have much coin. So any feasible alternate payment method would be appreciated."

Expectantly I muster the Suss, curious about his reaction to that last part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom