Star Wars: The Ties of Destiny (nobody & Naomi David

She was glad Kira was holding her hand tightly, she found she needed that, that stability. She took a deep breath as she lead him into the Council room. She hadn't been up here since... Well, since times she'd much rather forget. Things hadn't changed a bit. The Masters, except her's and Kira's former Master, looked very surprised to see him.

As soon as they came out of the lift Kira could sense the Jedi Council, their collective power made the air seem heavier. Together, the two young lovers walked down the short antechamber and then passed through the doors to the council room. It was easy to tell that most of the Masters were surprised to see him, weather because they had not expected to see him here again, or simply because they had not expected a Darksider to step through the door holding the hand of such a distinguished Knight. His eyes fell upon Master Lars Ulrich last. The Cerean's face was calm, but his blue eyes beamed with apparent joy to see Kira again.

Kira's heart was now racing. Despite his best efforts the adrenaline was in his blood and he could sense several of the Jedi tense up, ready to destroy him at the hint of hostility. Still holding Izzy's hand tightly, Kira bowed to Ulrich, then sat on his knees to dispel some of the suspicion toward him and his Sithly weapon.

"My, you have grown stronger, my boy. Perhaps in unfortunate ways, but I believe you can be brought back to the Path of the Light." The Cerean spoke in the calm, confident way of so many Masters. Kira bit his tongue to hold back a retort about the Light, instead he gave the Master a meaningful look, then turned his head to Isabelle and hoped that she had learnt some restraint when it came to the Council...

It was so damn quiet, she felt unsettled, it felt too easy. This feeling, maybe it was a paranoia, came from years of covertly looking for Kira, since the official answer was to stop looking. She sensed so much surprise, nothing unusual there... But it was always nice to see their former Master, he was always a kind, gentle soul. She kept her mouth shut, especially since they were going to leave.

"Master, I..." he faltered, frantically searching for something to say. He watched a few of the Jedi around him move subtly forward, the air was thick with anticipation. Finally he shifted a little and dove in; "Master, I have not come for guidance today." He swallowed as the words echoed around everyone's mind. Kira continued in a slightly shaky but collected voice. "I have information of interest to the Jedi, regarding the stolen Holochron." Immediately a Nautolan Councilman boomed, "We do not know that it was stolen."
"Well I do," Kira replied without hesitation. "I hired the theif. I also hired the courier who lost the device. Honestly all I can say is that it was lost on Curuscant, but I can tell you that it will not be long before the Sith send someone looking. They will start with me, but I will not help them anymore."
"And why should you be trusted?" Asked the Nautolan. All the other masters now looked expectantly for an answer...

So far, so good, despite the fact she could feel her own nervousness greatly. When the final question was asked, she replied,"Because I trust him. Because I love him. You may say that loves blinds us to our duties, but that is a wrong assessment. To do what we do, Masters, we have to love what we do, otherwise we could not go on if we did not do our job with the most human of all emotions. With that, I resign from the Order so I can live a life of peace with my love Kira. Had he not been taken by the Sith, I would have left the Order with him after we had both been Knighted."

"I see now," began the green Nautolan, "This Sith traitor has clearly tricked her into-"
"Jaru, that is quite enough." The soft voice of what Kira guessed was the current Grand Master was enough to bring silence to the room. The tall, slender female of some race he had never before met turned her smallish, round head to look at Ulrich. "This boy was your Padawan, you know him better than any of us."
"Right, thank you." The Cerean inclined his towering head to the pale and frail looking creature. Returning his gaze to the newcomers he spoke up. "Kira, have you anything more to add?"
The green eyed human replied quickly, "Yes. We intend to find the Holochron and return it before our official withdrawal from the Jedi Order. To leave on good terms, sir."

She didn't like Kira being called a Sith traitor, it wasn't like he had any choice. She was pleased Master Ulrich was listening to them, he wasn't judging or anything. She breathed a sigh of relief, glad the worst was over.

"And afterward, you're leaving the Jedi and the Sith to live freely, is that right Isabelle?" Asked their old teacher. He did not sound angry or disappointed, just calm as though he had anticipated this very moment.

The old master sighed and looked at each of his peers. After a moment, he spoke to the young humans, "Alright. You both shall hold Jedi Knight status until you either return here with the Holochron or leave Curuscant. If you do bring it back you may leave the Order with our gratitude and respect. Do not hesitate to call us if you require any help in your mission, and may the Force be with you." Kira sat stunned for three full seconds before bowing and standing up to take Isabelle's hand again. "Thank you Master." His face was serious, as if silently promising not to dissapoint the Council, or at least his father figure.

She looked relieved at the Council's decision, and she bowed as well, and she was glad the whole affair turned out so wonderfully, and she spoke,"We should go and start looking.

"I know just where to start," he said loudly enough to be heard by the Jedi as they left the room and went back to the lift. Pressing the down button, he heaved a great sigh of relief and smiled mischeviously. "Hey Isabelle. You know what I miss about this place? The armory. Who do they have running it these days?" He knew that she would know, it was one of her favorite rooms too.

"Hmm, I'm not sure I know who that is. You could introduce us." The doors opened and there was the sentinel, who nodded but stayed otherwise still. Kira and Izzy made their way to the armory together and sure enough, there was a Jedi he did not recognize siting near the computer, flipping through a BlasTech catalog.

She smiled as they made their way to the armory, and she spoke,"I have no problem with introducing you to her at all!" She waited for Master to finish reading the catalog, and she spoke,"Master Wesson, it's me, Isabelle. This is Kira."

"Good morning," said Kira with a polite smile. The middle aged woman looked up at him with a wary surprise, glanced at Isabelle and kept studying the young man up and down. "This is him? Oh, Isabelle you found him, how wonderful!"

"I'm very happy to have him again... Ah, what was the phrase to describe us when we were children, Kira? Two halves of a whole person?" she spoke, with cheer. He was so handsome, so perfect. She was thrilled to get her happy ending with him.

He smiled widely as soon as Isabelle said it, it had been so long since he had heard the phrase but it still meant a lot to him. "That's right, it's like being whole again. I'm amazed that I even survived so long without her, but it was worth it just to be here again." He of course phrased it that way for the Master's benefit, still in the habit of hiding their true feelings for each other, but he could tell that Wesson could sense much of his tumultuous spirit.

"Well I'm glad that you are back, but was there something you two needed...?"

"Um yeah, we're going into the lower levels to start with," Kira added. The older woman stood up and went to a panel on the wall behind her, typing in a code as she spoke; "An underworld mission? Well then you will need a good stealth kit." The wall then opened up and out came a case, which opened to reveal a plethora of tactical looking gadgets. "Tracking beacons both sticky and magnetic, EMP grenades, surveillance bugs, spy droids, grappling hooks, throwing knives, and..." Master Wesson held up two small bandages. The black squares were woven with some silver material in a hexagonal pattern that glinted in and out of sight depending on the angle of the light hitting them. She smiled as she peeled off the back and stuck one to the inside of her wrist. "Personal Adaptive Camouflage, I call it the PAC patch." Here she touched the pad with her finger and promptly slipped out of sight suddenly Kira jumped as the silver haired woman appeared an inch in front of his nose. She laughed, and so did he, then Kira said, "Wow, these are amazing! I almost feel sorry for those crooks..."

She looked thrilled to see all the technological gadgets. And everybody said Jedi didn't play with these sorts of toys. She laughed when Kira jumped, and she spoke,"And I thought the Jedi weren't allowed these sorts of toys!" She had her eyes drawn to a set of bow and arrows, archery was always one of her favorite things, far quieter than a blaster.

Master Wesson gave Isabelle a knowing smile and said, "Not usually, but on missions of extraordinary importance or risk, exceptions can be made. That IS why I'm here, after all." She noticed the younger woman eyeballing a bow and handed it over. "I think you are qualified to carry this, but do try and bring it back in one piece. This model is rather expensive, mostly because of this..." And she pressed a button on the bow that caused the whole thing to fold down at least five times smaller. Kira gave an interested grunt, then loaded up his belt with some of the regular tools, as well as an automatic slug pistol, some extra ammunition and a new commlink. "You ready?" He asked Izzy out loud, then he added telepathically; <I want to stop by our room before we leave, if it's still yours>

She kept looking at the bow, and she spoke,"It's so beautiful, and far quieter than guns..." She gladly took the bow, and loaded up on specialized arrows. She spoke,"I got plenty of toys I've built in our room, don't worry." She was always a tinkerer, a person who liked to build and invent

"Oh yeah? I can't wait to see what you've come up with." He asked after they said goodbye to the quartermaster and started off toward the dormitories. He remembered quite fondly helping Izzy test the modifications she was always making to their equipment.

Back
Top Bottom