Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Niche in Time

Well here in the states today is Thanksgiving. Today we remember to be thankful for what we have and consume massive amount of food while spending time with family. Now personally I do not want to get into what Thanksgiving truly means to some. Today I just want to have a good, happy day with my family. I don't believe you need a specific day to set aside and be thankful for what you have. I believe you should be thankful every single day. Life is too short not to be. It's like Valentine's Day. I don't think you need a specific day to tell the one you love that you love them by buying them something. Flowers, chocolates, jewelry are all nice. A card is nice, but why pick that day to do it? Why not Monday? I don't see the point. Because the masses are doing it? Because a calendar says you should? Nah. That's not for me. I am thankful for what I have, and I do love the people in my life. So please be safe today. Enjoy time with your family and loved ones. Make memories today that you will have for as long as your mind will allow. Happy Thanksgiving to all those here in the states. Have a good day BMR.

Thanksgiving was great. Now we're on to Christmas. I've started my shopping, but I still have a long way to go. The tree is out but not together, much less decorated. I might try for that on Sunday. I wouldn't mind buying some yard decorations as well this year. I don't think the money will come together for that though. Perhaps next year.

Today I was chatting with one of my partners. Let me rephrase that. Today I was chatting with a friend. Yeah. She's more than a rp partner. She's my friend. What we both learned about each other was that there is an subject we just so happen to not agree on, and you know what? We can still be friends. Friends don't have to agree on every little thing. I'm not the kind of person on the side of this subject that I feel like she wouldn't like, and that makes me happy. I know the kind of people that pretty much give the cause they're protesting about or supporting a bad name. They're out there. We've all seen them. The radicals. The ones that push a little too hard. That's not me, and as I told her, I don't try to shove my beliefs down anyone's throats. If asked, yeah, I will tell you how I feel about something. That's it. If you don't agree, so be it. I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise. I'm rather proud of my friend. She's able to see past the person who happens to not agree with her on this subject and see that there's more to me than one opinion. Thank you for that Ladydark. You truly are a remarkable person. Though we don't agree on what we were discussing earlier, I still consider you a friend. In fact, I'm proud to do so.

Have a good night BMR.

It's raining.

This month has been so busy. In the month of December, we have our inventory count done. They bring together a team that works overnights to do this. Every single item in the overheads has to be counted. If you've ever been to a Home Depot, then you may have noticed all the boxes up top. That's pretty much our storage. There is no big storage area in the back where we keep other items for when we run out. That's it. What you see above your head is it. Granted the back area does have some items, but they're back there for various reasons. They just came in, special orders that need to be picked up, way too much of the product already out there, you get the idea. It's not a general storage area back there. Anyway, each of those boxes has to be counted. If it's been opened, then each item has to be counted. If it hasn't, then you can slap a sticker on it. My department is small. We only have three aisles. In the past two years, the inventory team hasn't had much to do in my department. My co-workers and I are pretty good about counting our own overheads before they get there. So that has been added work to what we already do. I don't mind. In fact, I like counting and putting the stickers on the boxes. Then a company comes in, counts the merchandise on the shelves, inputs the numbers on the stickers into their little computers, and that's it. They start before 6am, and they're done in a day. In fact, when I come in at 1pm, there isn't much more left for them to do I don't think. So on the 18th, they were in the store doing their thing.

Now that chore is done, the next big thing was of course Christmas. I love my family, truly I do, but it's the woman my brother is married to that I could do without. She certainly isn't my cup of tea. She use to be, but of course like most things, she let her mouth get in the way. Her opinions are not popular, and I don't think she has a filter for what she should and should not say. So it's a given that she says things that are best left unsaid. For two years now she has been the least favorite person there. All hail the queen. My other sister-in-law is not a favorite with my mom. So before Christmas I told her I would handle one if she was nice to the other one for me. lol. It was our little deal. My mom, being the great lady she is, cooked a fantastic dinner, complete with enough deserts to feed and army. Then, being true to the mother she is, she packed to-go boxes for each family that was there. So my brothers each got one, and she packed one for me. Let me give you an idea of what I'm talking about. The deserts alone took up a counter all on their own. She had sweet potato pie, 10 layer chocolate cake, half of a key lime cake, half of a red velvet cake, and a homemade German chocolate cake. Why half you might be wondering? Because the cakes were split between her and someone she works with. She bought, he bought one, and they cut them in half so they could have a little bit of both kinds. Trust me the key lime cake was great. Anyhow, after all was said and done it was a great Christmas. My niece was born 3 months early. She's now 11 months old and weighs 12 pounds. I finally got to hold her. It was amazing. She's this tiny miracle baby. Her smile is the most beautiful thing. I wish I could show pictures here, but I don't think her mother would approve. Her mother is that one. Yeah. The open mouth one. So just take my word for it. She's a beauty. Next year we will have another baby joining us. Someone else in my family is pregnant, and no, it's not me. lol.

There was one other thing that happened this month. My department head at work stepped down from his title. So that means they want to promote someone up to his title. People began signing up. Not me. It's not enough money for the extra headache. So I declined. Do they want me to? Oh yes. My boss told me during my evaluation that had I applied for it, I probably would have gotten it. Will I ever want it? Probably not. I'm willing to do the training. It can help me help them. I just don't want the hassle. Oh it's flattering they want me to. I just don't want it. He even made the comment that maybe the next department head could talk me into it. lol. Nah. Not a chance. I already pretty much do the job anyways. So I should get paid for it. lol. It's just not something I want to do. Crap rolls downhill. When you're a department head, there is no where for you to move to avoid it. Plus they don't just have one department they watch. Add to that the fact that their hours are erratic. No thank you. I have set hours with a fairly set schedule. I am off every Thursday with one other day given to me at random. No thank you. I am happy where I am. I don't open. I don't work mid-shifts, and I don't have to attend the weekly meetings. I don't have to stay late to set up displays. Yep. I'm happy where I'm at.

One final thing about this month. I have written a few replies, and I've enjoyed it. This month has also seen the return of a long time partner whom I've adored enjoyed working with. I hope in the coming new year that things only get better. I wish everyone the best in the coming new year. Personally I'm going on vacation next week. So it will be a good new year. I plan to have finger foods here, a drink or two, and ring in the new year while my neighbor hopefully has fireworks. That's my plan anyway. The one part that is certain is that I will not be at work. lol. Six whole days with no job. Whatever will I do? Have a good night BMR.

In other news today, I am pleased to announce the return of yet another former partner to BMR. He and I were working on a plot that is certainly high on the list of favorite plots. It's one I've had on my rt for a while, and I feared I would never find anyone who could do it justice. That fear is being laid to rest, as he and I have discussed and decided to move forward with the plot once more. *inhales deeply and sighs* This plot, like some of my former partners, is affectionately referred to as one of the ones that got away. So I am delighted beyond words to be working on it once more. We Meet Again was high on my list of favorite plots, and when the original partner wasn't able to go on with it, it was hard to take. I was certain I wouldn't find anyone who could do that plot justice, and then I met DeRe. He and I brought that plot full circle, and I finally found the closure I needed with it. So now MurderMe.com is getting it's second chance. Boyo left and has returned, and under a new name, he and I are going to put this plot back on the books. So the smile on my face is making my face hurt. I could not be more pleased.

This is a fairly lazy Saturday. I don't get too many of them off. There were plans to go visit my brother that lives out of town, but sadly he was ill yesterday. So those plans were cancelled. Literally as I type this I am lounging in bed. lol. Like I said, lazy afternoon for the most part. Things at work are settling down a little, but I'm sure you know how the rumors fly about this and that. Most of the time, I find what I hear funny. My advice to this one girl last year was to keep her head down and her name out of the gossip. Do what you're suppose to do, and you'll be fine. Honestly I should have added to that believe none of what you hear and half of what you see. Your eyes can play tricks on you. Literally someone told me once that another person that works in my department said, "Andy doesn't clean like she use to. She thinks she runs the department." When I heard that, honestly I burst into laughter. It was funny to me. I know what I do, and believe me I do not want to run the department. I work. Period. Plain and simple. I got the advice from someone else, actually my current department head, that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. So I basically just do things. If it's wrong, or they don't like it, they'll tell me. I guess that is where the running the department thing comes from. If you have a job, you should do well. Period. What's the point in getting the job just to do a poor job at it? What does that say about you? I hit the ground running when I got that job. You have to make a name for yourself in what you do. Whether it's wiping tables, washing dishes, managing accounts, or mixing paint it's your job. Do it well or get out of the way for someone who will. I always say there are plenty of people that will do the job if you don't want it. I hope if you have a job, you're doing it well.

I hope everybody has a good day and is able to do whatever makes them happy. Later on this month I will be celebrating my anniversary for coming to BMR. Wow. How time has flown. Things are so different than they were when I started. The site has a whole look and feel to it. So many rps worked on, and so many partners meet. It's wonderful to consider them friends. Some are closer than other, granted, but I do consider them all friends. Enough. I'm not going to misty eyed over this. Not yet anyways. Have a good day BMR.

Five years ago today I joined BMR. Throughout that time, the avatars have changed, speaking of which, I need to do something to poor headless girl over there, and partners have changed. Still my fondness for this place has gone on. I don't write as much as I once did. My muse if often absent. It leaves me feeling sad and missing this place and all it has to offer. When the mood strikes me, I do come back and write. For the patient partners I have, I owe them so much thanks. Even aside from writing, I still owe them my gratitude. They have been a listening ear when I needed one. Their kinds words have been there when I needed someone. To each of you, you have no idea how much I have needed that. There have been times where I was down, blue, and low, and you were there to listen to me ramble on and on. You didn't complain. You just offered your friendship. Then there have been times where I was on top of the world, and we had great conversations then too. You guys are more than partners. I've always said that. You're my friends.

The rps have been un-freaking-forgettable. I won't name one that stands out as my favorite. They all have a special place in my heart. To the partners that aren't here anymore, you are always remembered. To those who got away, *sigh* you too are always remembered. lol. Here's hoping the next year of writing will be just as amazing as the people here at BMR have made these past five. Thank you all. Have a good night BMR.

This past week has been littered with family drama. There are people and situations I wish I could have changed because they have affected my family permanently. Is that a good thing? I think not. There's nothing I can do about it. I tried in a sense, and it landed me on the outs as well until I talked with one of the primary persons involved. I don't really want to go into further details about it here.

In other news, I pulled a muscle in my shoulder. It hurts, but it's getting better every day.

Yesterday was interesting at work. People steal from where I work at all the time. I heard a noise at one point, but I didn't think much of it. I recall thinking what would it be like if someone came through the store shooting. I know it's an odd thing to think of, but working around the public you have to think about those sorts of things these days. I try to find places I could hide, what would I do, do I have a phone on me, remember to silence it, would I take people with me, you get the idea. I imagined people screaming and running towards the back of the store. My area is close to there. They would probably run right past it. Yeah. My mind gets the better of me sometimes at work. Well later I found out there was a man in the store that was suspected of stealing. So a female cop came in, and she was talking to him. She told him she was going to run his name. He bolted. Where I work there are sliding doors that open automatically. You know the type. He shoved on the doors and knocked all four of them off the hinges. That would be the noise I heard. I honestly thought it was that someone had dropped something. There are machine moving things around the store throughout the day. It didn't occur to me that something else was going on. After he got outside, he began to throw the female cop around like a rag doll. She had been on his heels, but he was way stronger than her. Three customers tackled him, and then two associates from inside helped them hold him down. They began pulling knives off this guy. I heard they pulled five knives off of him, but I heard it was more than that too. They put him in the police car, and then the cop made an announcement. He said they had, "insert code I don't remember." Then he holds up a gun. There was a bullet that he had tried to load, but the gun jammed. There were people outside. There were kids out there. People were holding him down, and if he could have gotten to that gun, if the gun hadn't jammed, if he could have gotten to one of his knives, this guy was clearly not going down easy. It could have ended so much worse than it did. This guy was walking around inside the store with weapons. I know a lot of people have the permit to carry a gun. I know that, but not all of them are trying to steal at the place I work at. I asked one of the associates that jumped on him, "what on earth possessed you to do that?" She told me she could see the knives, and she didn't want the customers to get hurt. I guess the customers couldn't see them, or maybe they did and they just didn't care. I don't know. It could have gone so badly so fast. I let my mind think of these things, but I don't really think they'll happen. It's just a place to allow your mind to go to when you've got time, when things are slow, but now I know these things really can happen. We got so close to it happening yesterday. People stealing happens all the time. I remember there for a few months there were these guys going to various stores stealing. They visited different stores in two states stealing carts full of things. At our store, a man tried to stop them from leaving. He was punched in the face so hard it knocked him out. He hit the concrete floor. These jobs in retail are not easy, and sadly they're not safe anymore. When you're shopping, just remember to mindful of those around you. If you see somebody you find suspicious, get away from them. If you see a cop talking to someone that looks shady, get away. If you see someone running, don't get involved. It's not worth your life. You only get one.

Today I heard the guy broke the cop's hand, had four knives, and two guns. You know how that goes though. The story can, and will, change the more it's told.

Okay. Now that I can post in my journal, I'll post about what has been happening.

My father came home from the hospital today. Thursday they flew him to another hospital when they discovered that his spleen was injured, and he was bleeding internally. Once he arrived at the hospital, the doctors there decided to not take his spleen. They said that the spleen had clotted. So they kept him in ICU for observation. They moved him to a private room Friday. The doctor wanted to send him home, but my father said no. He talked with her, and after talking with my father, she went to take another look at his x-rays. Turns out my father has three cracked ribs. So she increased his pain meds. Today he came home. Of course he is still in a lot of paint. Cracked ribs take time to heal, and there isn't much you can do about it.

Tomorrow my mother is going to the doctor. She's been sick as well, and whatever the doctor gave her the first time she went hasn't helped much. So I'll be staying with my dad while she goes to the doctor probably.

For a while now, I've tried to post to my journal, and I couldn't. I don't want anyone to think that I've forgotten them. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's a matter of getting my muse back and things settling down. Please be patient, as I know you always are. Have a good night BMR.

A week or so ago I hurt my leg at work. It was my own fault. We had two pallets of five gallon buckets of paint. It was condensing them down to one pallet. The buckets were stacked three high while on this pallet. I picked up the top one and moved to put it on the ground so that I could use the paint dolly to carry it plus the one I planned to stack on top of it at the same time to the other pallet. Because I wasn't paying attention and was talking to someone, I didn't notice that the bucket hadn't cleared the one below it, and it caused the one below it to tip. It fell, caught me in the leg, slid down my leg, and landed on the top of my foot. I moved it quickly, and my thought was, 'oh my gosh. This five gallon bucket it upside down on the floor. Did it burst?' So I flipped it back over to check. It was fine. That's when I noticed my leg. It was hurting, and upon checking it, I noticed a rather large bruise and swelling. Great. The bruise is still slightly there, but the swelling has gone down. It was own fault. Had I been paying attention, I would have seen the second bucket tipping.

Now I'm coming down with something. Not sure if it's allergies or a cold. In the south, pollen season is among us. Here it's like a season all on it's own. It's bad. Cars take on a nice yellow hue. It is terrible. We look forward to rain showers as well as hate them. Well, a lot of people here don't like the rain. It keeps them from getting outside and doing out door things. I am NOT an outdoor person. So I love the rain. Still, during pollen season people kind of want the rain because it washes the pollen away. So right now I am really wanting some rain.

Add to this the fact that something is going on in my personal life that has just got me....let's just say my personal life has something going on in it.

So in short, I haven't forgotten about anybody. It's just been....wow. This week my boss is going on vacation, and I can't help but wonder if they will want me to do her paperwork for the week. It wouldn't be the first time I've done it. For this boss, it would be. She's good about doing her work. She actually lets me just be an employee. It's been an adjustment. Now that she won't be there, I wonder if I'll have to assume her role for the week. We shall see. Have a good day BMR.

Well, it's official. I went to the ER today. I have the flu. Never in my life, that I know of, have I had the flu. Until now. lol. They wrote me out of work for the weekend and gave me an antibiotic. Darn it. I was so sure this wasn't anything they would give me anything more than cough syrup for, but boy did I get a surprise. When she said she was doing a swab for it, I didn't think anything about it.

:(
Damn girl, I don't wish the flu on anyone.

Get some rest, and plenty of water. Get better! Take care of yourself!

Thanks Alvis. I want to go to work tomorrow and to the movies Saturday, but people keep telling me no. lol. This being sick thing is proving to be most difficult.

Best advice for when you have the flu?

Listen to your GP.

Rest up, take it easy, shake this thing.

Take care of yourself, especially your leg. Too much medical stuff at once is always a chore.

*hugs*

Thanks for all the well wishes. You guys really are the best. Being one of the lucky ones to have only gotten the flu once, I can say that I do not wish to feel it again. lol. Though my encounter was not as bad as most, it was enough. It was the lack of energy and cough that bothered me the most. Even now, the cough is still hanging just a bit. So now that my energy has returned, hopefully I will be getting out replies soon. It's now3:20am, and I actually have somewhere to be at 9:30. Literally I should be sleeping, but I don't want to. My personal life has taken on something else, something I won't get into here. Let's just say it's my own doing. Have a good day BMR.

Still coughing. How long does it take for this cough to go away? It's annoying. I think I'll take something and try to get some sleep. Sleep. Who else has weird sleep patterns? I can go for a while falling asleep at what I consider an okay time. 12:30ish in the morning at the latest, maybe 11 or midnight. Then there are other times where I'm up until 3 and sometimes 4 in the morning. What the heck? It's 3:22am here now. I've gotta go to work today. lol. Good thing I don't have to be there until 1. Have a good day BMR.

P.S. To those I've spoken with about the personal issue in my life, fyi, it's still there, still going on.

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to another exciting episode of Whose Life Is it? Behind door number one we have....a new baby! That's right. Someone in my family gave birth to a beautiful baby. Both mom and baby are doing just fine. They got to come home today. Behind door number two we have....a criminal offense. Someone in my family faced being booked for a silly, ridiculous act that could have all been avoided. Behind door number three we have....a man. Wait. A man? That's right. For those of you following along on past shows, he has been mentioned in a round about sort of way. The latest reports are in, and we have....yes....I think the L word has been mentioned. Yes! It's confirmed! The L word has been mentioned as in falling in....yes....the L word. So if you're ready to make your guess, do so now. Time is up, and the answer is....me! That's right! All of those things are happening in my life as of late. Is there a bonus round? You bet, but it's not something I'll mention here. For those I have spoken with privately, you already know. lol. This crazy ride just keeps spinning. Have a good night BMR.

I resemble that.

Especially when I've had a plate of Baked Beans for dinner. >.>

Hope all is well, though. :(

I know some people on this site use the avatars and signatures that have movement in them. I've always found them to be distracting. When I would try to type a reply, I would move the movement out of my line of sight so I wouldn't be focusing on it too much. lol. It may sound crazy and weird, but eh. I still come to this site, even though I don't really write here anymore. My journal sees the most action. I miss it. It's the people, the stories you make, the ooc, all of it that I miss. I still actually write with one person on Discord. She's great. I chat with someone else on Discord as well, a former partner, and that's good. Every once in a blue moon, no pun intended, I hear from another former partner. Time and the creative muse have not been kind to me. It seems like most plots have been done. I've written so many varying topics, from dealing with angels and demons to abusive plots that made my skin crawl and still have an effect on me to this day when I hear certain pieces of music. It's frightening and creepy and yet comforting. Perhaps I need to be inside the asylums that I've written about. Oh how I do enjoy asylums. *sighs* I've written about things that could actually happen in rl, right down to things that concern this website. That one made my skin crawl as well. I've written plots that I became so involved in that I literally became angry with my partner for not telling me what was coming next. BMR has been such a part of my life. These past few years, yes years, of not having my muse have been so difficult. I come here and want to write, but it doesn't happen. So many new faces here as well. Almost everyday I check the group rps hoping a topic will come along that will spark something inside. Maybe a plot will come along that ignites that passion once more. I hope so.

As for men stinking, he made it up to me. The relationship is a complicated one, as some of my partners know. That doesn't help. Still he and I going on. He is younger than I am. You wouldn't know it to look at us. So either I look a bit younger or he looks older. lol. I think he looks older. lol. He stands a whole head taller than me, and he's a bigger guy. Sorry to the skinny, or even the well defined men out there, but I like the bigger guys. Why? Because there is so much more to hold on to. lol. I like a teddy bear, and he is my teddy bear. He has gages in his ears and tats. Gages I think are nasty, and tats only look good on certain people. Well, they both look hot on him. lol. I can't help it. He kisses me. A lot, and he isn't capable of a bad kiss. Believe me. I've tried. lol. Nope. Doesn't happen. He texts every morning. Good morning sunshine. This sounds cheesy. I know it does. Last night he picked me up from work, and we went to his place. Oh my gosh the sex. It was awesome. The night before we did the same thing, and oh my gosh. There were parts that were like a rp or a porno. I can't.....Okay. I'll stop. He loves me, and I love him. Complicated though. Trust me. Complicated.

Okay. So new subject. Anything? Anyone? Come on people. lol. Help me get my mind on something else. Have a good day BMR.

Back
Top Bottom