Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Niche in Time

Thanks Bear. That was really sweet of you. It's healing. The swelling has gone down, and I can bend it again. Strength has returned as well. Now my forearm is a little sore. lol. If it isn't one thing, it's another.

I've started a new rp in PM with a partner I'm excited to work with. The plot was his, and I really like it. I want to put together a current list of my rps. Have you ever wanted to write with someone simply because their user name interested you? I know it sounds silly, but I have. In fact, two of my partners started out that way. I actually sent a message to someone today because I liked their user name, and that prompted me to look at a request thread they had. lol. I liked what he had written with the plot alone, and I wanted to know more. It was like reading a book, and I couldn't wait to get to the end of the paragraph to see how it ended. Makes me wonder what this person would be like to work with. I only asked about the plot. No cold call pitch. Tonight I'm planning on doing a once over on a starter before posting it. Plus I have a couple of replies to work on. Have a good day BMR.

Healing is good. Take it easy on that arm if ya can. :)

And yes, i have definitely approached someone because of their name! Names and avatars matter! Hope the play goes well haha

Glad I am not the only one. lol. Do you remember when you first started here? Were you afraid to approach anyone? Do you remember how you felt when you got your first cold call? Oh. My. Gosh. I'll admit it. I thought I was something special when I got mine. lol. Still amazes me when people talk to me here. I've been here for a few years now, and it still amazes me. I'm honored, truly humbled by that. Taking friendship or a kind gesture for granted is not something I want to do. Thanks for being so kind to everyone on this site Bear.

Omg, i really do remember starting out. I've always liked the PM system but i was scared to actually write on the forums. Plus i was terrified of staff! Then i started talking with DA amd she was super nice to me and my view changed. Small acts of kindness made BMR home for me. I never forget that it was the little things that made me happy.

And stoppp. You're gonna make me cry ;_;

I just wanna be that person to make someone else love BMR too :blush:

Yeah. I remember talking to DA. There was some issue, and I sent her a pm. She was nice. Even when I've had other issues, the staff has always been nice. That, and the freedom to ask for whatever I want, has made this place home. Sure there is this one thing I can't ask for here, but that's okay. It's opened up so many doors, and the people have always been kind. This place truly is unlike any other site.

It really is ♡

BMR is the only place I've felt accepted

You know, there is this one person I think I'd like to write with, or at least talk to, but we have nothing in common. lol. I've looked at his request thread and some of his rps, and like I said, nothing in common. Still....*sighs*.

Oh honey I do. That one person and then there's the ones that got away. The ones you can't mesh with even though you want to. The ones that you envy the people that actually do write with them, or is that just me? lol.

Nooo, i so get that. Role-playing is almost like dating. I still miss partners from over 10 years ago and the stories we wrote. It was sooo good >_<

Oh my gosh. The jealous thing kicks in, and I want to dislike them so bad. I can't though. It's not their fault. They just think on a different level than I do. So they mesh with someone where I can't. Sucks. Makes me mad, then I can't get mad at them. Nasty cycle really.

Yea. I dislike someone out of jelousy and it makes 0 sense so i stop and it just comes right back and I'm like dammit no!!! Ugghhh

I am so glad I am not alone on that. Makes me feel like a child. Jealous over something they can't control? Still the heart wants what the heart wants. Sometimes that a rp you can't have.

Mhm. That is so true. Emotions will exist no matter what logic says

*wipes away a tear dramatically*

*wipes away a tear as well* Here's to the ones that got away. May they find happiness with those....wonderfully talented people they now work with, and I assure you there is no sarcasm intended there.

My interest for a movie I've seen before has been rekindled. So I'm wanting to watch The Secretary again. I can't recall who told me about the movie, but I'm so glad they did. In fact, I think the concept would make a great rp. A woman who happens across a man who fills a need she has, the need to harm herself, and as a result she remains with him for the sole purpose of having her needs met. It's not about something completely sexual. It's her wanting something from him, something most people can't give her or even understand. The scenes could be....fun.

Today is a work day. This meeting is one of two meetings we have each year. They will give us our bonus checks today, or actually our check stubs. We also have the meeting catered. It's tacos tonight. The food will be good, and we're paid to eat and talk among ourselves. Not a bad deal actually. So have a good day BMR.

Good afternoon BMR. I hope this Saturday brings happiness to each and every one of you. Do something that makes you happy today. Enjoy your time off. Well, that is if you have it. lol. Some of us still have to work the weekends. That's what I'm doing in a few short hours. I'll be there until 11pm tonight more than likely. One of my favorite managers is closing the store tonight. Puddin. Of course that is not his real name. That's just a nickname I gave him. He answers to it too. lol. He's a sweetheart. Anyway I am currently working a 5 day stretch. I won't have any time off until Wednesday. On that day, my mom is having surgery. It's on her foot. I don't think it's a big deal, seeing as how it's done at a surgery center and not a hospital. She's had outpatient surgery done on her toe before. I think this time it's a little more than that, but as far as surgeries go, this one is pretty minor I think. So I'm off Wednesday and Thursday. Thursdays is always a given. I never work Thursdays. I just signed up for another committee at work. lol. I don't know if I'm going to stay on it though. That is another story.

Turn the page. The Employee Committee is designed to plan, set up, and clean up after the company parties we do and cook outs we have during the year. I figured why not? My best friend at work is on it. Plus it looks good to be a member of the different committees we have. So I signed up. The committee is very 'clicky', meaning, like school, there are clicks in the store. This one is run by the 'populars'. Yeah. We still have that here. *rolls eyes* Personally I wasn't a popular. I was just one of the average ones in school. It's the same at work, I guess. I'm not a member of that click, and nor do I want to be. That click is noted for being able to do what they want and get away with it. At one time, they were the ones that did the least amount of work. I have worked hard for my reputation at work as being someone who gets the job done. There is another reason I'm looking to drop the committee. At our last part, last Sunday, a friend of mine, who was seated next to me, came back from getting her desert. We do things right at these parties now. lol. We had three different kinds of desert at the table. She got some of each. Now she tells me that the girl behind the table watched her like she was doing something wrong the whole time, and then when she went to cut a piece of cake told her not to get a big piece. Now I get that they wanted to make sure everybody had some, and there wasn't a whole lot of this kind of cake, but as a member of this committee it's your job to serve people. That cake should have been precut, or you should have served her instead of eyeing her like that. This girl that is my friend isn't a skinny model type. That's all I'm going to say on that. Her size doesn't define her in my eyes, and it shouldn't to anyone else, but that's not the society we live in. I get that. I do not want to be a part of something that condones 'fat shaming'. I was livid. I wanted to say something the next day, but she beat me to it. lol. That's my girl! The issue was taken care of, but I still feel like I don't want to do this. I don't know.

Turn the page. In other news at work I have been asked to take care of painting the shadow boxes. These are found normally at the ends of every aisle. So basically at my store there would four rows that need to painted. Now I still have like 12 maybe, to paint on the end of this one aisle I'm working on. I've already done some on this aisle. Then I have 3 more aisles to do. So it's a big project. I tape the center part off, as it's metal and I'm not painting it, and then I paint the plastic part of the shadow boxes. I have pictures of a before and after. I'll have to upload to show them off. I'm proud of my work. Today I'm hoping to get some painting done.

Turn the page. In rp news, I've started a couple of new ones. One is with a new partner in pm. He's one that I'm excited to work with. Machiavelli is a talented writer, and so far I'm enjoying this adventure we are on. LadyDark and I have started working on something on Discord, yes Discord. Messenger rps are normally not my thing, but this one seems to be working out nicely. We've brought back two of our characters that really, REALLY mesh well with one another. I have posted the opener to a new rp with Reydan. He and I have completed three rps together. So I look forward to this one. Last but not least, I have reconnected with an old, familiar partner. Tyr and I are working on a rp in email that promises to deliver the same heat that we always seem to find. Now there was one rp that started in pm. I got the opener from him, sent a reply, and that was basically it. He liked the reply, liked my faceclaim, everything, but then nothing. Now at first I was angry. I'll admit it, but you know what? It's just a rp. They're meant for fun, and if he lost interest, that's okay. If he wanted to ghost on me and not tell me that, that's okay too. It's not worth being angry over. I'm bummed, yeah, but eh. It's just a rp. *Looks back up at that paragraph* Three rps Rey? Wow. That's impressive.

I don't tell what my schedule is like so everyone will know what I'm doing. I do it in the hopes that people will understand why I don't reply as fast as others. My time is spread thin, and when I do have time at home, I'm not always in a creative mood, even if I want to be. So I try to reply when I can. BennyQ, Alvis, Machiavelli, and Tyr, you guys will be getting my next replies. I'm thinking about them already. The wheels are turning. So be ready. You guys deserve the best. All of my partners deserve the best. Well, as I mentioned today is a work day. So I'm going to enjoy what time I do have at home. Have a good day BMR.

I love the positivity in your post! You are such an amazing person and I look forward to hearing that your mom's surgery went splendidly and that you have replied to all partners. :)

Have a wonderful day at work, Nich! ♡

Yesterday at work I had a bad experience with a customer. She came up to the counter while I was cleaning the residue that some clear tape had left behind. She asked me if she could bother me for a minute. I said sure. She asked which paint was the best. Now we carry two different name brands of paint. Behr, pronounced like bear, and Glidden. I don't know what she's painting. So I asked her, "for what?". She said cabinets. Okay. Now I know what she's painting, and with cabinets sometimes people think you have to have a special paint. You can go that route and buy the kits that have paint in them that can be tinted, but most people simply want to paint them. So I told her she needed a semi-gloss finish and that Behr is the better paint. She went down the center aisle, where the paint is. I finished up what I was doing, and then I started towards her. I can't remember what I said, but she said she didn't want me to help her, and that I was too busy cleaning the counter to help her. I apologized. She said she didn't want me to wait on her. Again I apologized. She said she wanted someone else. So at this point, I have no choice but to seek someone else to help her. I had apologized, she wasn't happy, she didn't want me, and so I called for a manager. I happened to see my old boss walking by. I knew he knew how to make paint. So I went to him and asked him for his help. I told him she didn't want me to help, and I'd explain why later. I take him to her. She was still waiting in the aisle. She asks him if he was able to help her. He told her yes, and he said the customer always come first. She says, "Not to Andy they don't." Yeah. So he starts talking to her, and I was standing next to him. She looks at me and basically tells me I can go, and that she doesn't need me. So I went to the next aisle over and started working. After she was gone my old boss comes up to me and says for me not to take it personally, that it was a reflection of her and not me, and he knows me. Then he tells me he sold her Glidden paint. Keep in mind I told her Behr paint was better. Yeah. He sold her crappy paint. I did tell a manager, as one came by and saw him helping her instead of me and wanted me to take over. I told him what was going on. He simply smiled at me.

So today is another day. I'll try to write when I can. Have a good day BMR.

He is right. Don't take it personally, retail is a really touchy place to work. I feel that you and this manager of yours handled the situation correctly (you know, sans selling the lady crappy paint, but you know, she had it coming and we all can be a little petty sometimes.) I hope the rest of the day was going well and that they continue to do so.

Thanks Sirix. She actually did call the customer survey number and called me out by name saying I was rude. She mentioned my cleaning the counter and how it was more important than her. She said customers should come first not tape on the counter. Also she went on to say that five minutes later I came to help her, asking her what did she want. It was a nasty comment, and I was really scared that I was going to lose my job. To be honest, I'm still afraid of that. I marched into my boss' office and asked him if he was going to fire me over this. He asked me over what, and I said the comment. He told me no and that everybody has those days. I'm still afraid. I won't be until I know this issue is behind me. I'm still expecting a conversation with him about it and a write up, but I'm hoping that'll be the end of the it. Retail is a tough line of work to be in. For the most part, customers are a joy. They're nice, maybe a little indecisive at times, but that comes with the territory in the department I work in. Painting your walls is a big decision, and most people don't want to do it twice. Can't say I blame them really. It's a lot of work. So sometimes it can take a while to pick the right color, and a word of advice to anyone considering painting, take the color cards home or buy samples. The color doesn't always look the same in the store as it will at home. The lighting in these stores will make the color look differently. Take the color card outside even and look at it in the sunlight. That can make a difference as well. It's a big decision. Take the time to get what you want. As a customer, you deserve that. I digress. lol. The paint associate side surfaces. lol.

One of my partners asked about my new avatar. So I'll share here as well. She is a character I rp. Whenever I do a rp that calls for a mom, this is one of two characters I use. Taylor fits the part of either the vanilla mom seeking to explore, or she is the woman, the mom, that wants more. She is the woman who is married but either her husband is vanilla and away on business a lot. So she seeks to explore with other men. There are things she wants to try, and while she loves him, her desire to explore is too great to ignore. In other rp, similar concept of the husband being away a lot. Add to that the fact that money is never in short supply. So why is she working in a brothel? Because she craves being touched. She longs for the human connection. It's not about the money. It's about sexual contact and lust. She's addicted to it, and in being there, she can get her fix. She's the loving mom. She the caring aunt. Taylor is the mature woman that I can rp. Now I have another character that I use as a mom as well. Granted I do use her in other roles as well, but as a mom, I only use her for that with one other partner.

Work calls today, but then it's two days off. I'm hoping to do a lot of rping. Have a good day BMR.

I was inspired by reading someone else's journal to write this. To all those who have sent messages that have gone either unread and/or unanswered, I apologize. Like I said to this person, I could tell you how busy I am or what my schedule is like, but that's just making excuses. If someone takes the time to reach out to me, to send a pm, then they deserve the courteous of a reply. If I'm not interested, then I need to put on my big girl undies and tell them. We're all adults here. So again, to those I've ignored pms from and not answered, I'm sorry.

Now *takes a deep breath* My mom had surgery yesterday on her foot. She's doing well. She says it hurts to walk on. I'm sure it does, but at least she's doing well. I may be a grown up, but I still need my mom. She is my best friend. I have friends at work, but my mom? She's my best friend. We go shopping together, out to dinner, to the movies, we talk about everything. I can't imagine life without her. I don't want to. She wants to go see a movie with me Sunday. lol. I think I might go. I've visited with her twice today. She and my dad live close. Super close. Like across the street from me close. lol. When I first moved out, I moved away. I remained in town, but I was further away. So when I moved from there, I moved across the street from them. When we go shopping, we use the same dressing room to try on clothes. lol. She is the person I went with to see all of the 50 Shades of Grey movies. lol. My best friend. My dad is my protector, my hero. Whenever anything goes wrong, I can go to him. He will do anything within his power to help me or fix whatever I need fixed. I still feel like a little girl letting daddy be my great protector. I've seen him weak when he was sick. I hate that. He can call me, "gal" or "baby", and I feel like a kid again. I feel very lucky to still have both my parents.

Yesterday I left my house around 7:30am. I did not return until 7:30pm. 12 hours. That's why I didn't any rping yesterday. I came home, laid down, nearly fell asleep, got up to eat dinner, took a sleeping pill, and went back to bed until this morning. That was it. I had my laptop in my pc bag, and I didn't take it out of it. That's how tired I was. So to those I owe replies to, I am sorry. Now you know where I was yesterday. lol. Tonight I am making my fried chicken. Yes, I am that good at cooking at it. Hello? Girl from the south? You know I know how to fry chicken. lol. So after that, I should be doing some writing. I want to do some writing. Why wouldn't I? I have got the best partners to ever be on BMR. Hello? lol. Really you guys are the best. Well, I'm going to be frying my chicken up soon. So have a good night BMR.

Well I do hope everyone had a Happy Easter. Last week, I think it was, I was told that we were doing a store wide Easter egg hunt today. My impression was that people were going to hide eggs in their own department the night before. So since I was closing in paint, I would be the one hiding them for us. I said okay. When I went into work yesterday, another associate told me I had a lot of eggs to hide. Now my department is only three aisles. So I said, "for paint?" She tells me, "No. You're hiding them for the whole store. There are 50 eggs to hide." My eyes got wide. lol. So last night, after the store closed, I became the Easter Bunny hiding Easter eggs in the store. lol. When I left today, only 1 egg had not been found. I enjoyed it. It was fun. Of course I can't hunt for any, but to me, it was more fun to know where they were. I did save 2 that I brought home, 2 for the 2 guys that work in receiving, as they don't work the weekends, and they are 2 of my favorite people in the store, and 3 that I gave out to these kids that were in paint. I told the youngest one I was the Easter Bunny, and that I was so going to be so busy tonight that I brought some of my work with me there. She said, "No. Where's your eggs?" I lifted the bag that had the eggs in them and gave them a shake for her to see and hear. Then I asked her what her favorite color was. She said black and white. It just so happened I had a black and white zebra striped egg. I gave it to her. Then I asked her sister what her favorite color was. She said teal. I happened to have a blue egg. Yeah, I know it's not the same, but I gave it to her anyway. The last sister was slick. She said gold. Guess what color I had? I pulled a shiny gold egg from my bag. I said, "I knew you were coming." The eggs had like 3 pieces of candy them. The girls were happy, and it felt good. So again, I hope everyone had a happy Easter from yours' truly, The Easter Bunny. Have a good night BMR.

That is so sweet and sounds like so much fun! Happy (belated) Easter!!

I haven't written anything lately. It's weird, I guess. Lately I've been in a mood. I'm not depressed, but I'm not feeling my muse. So I don't write. I haven't replied to pms. Last night I sent a happy birthday message to a partner, and I take that back. I did reply to one pm and send one out. I cancelled the message though. It's not that I'm not interested anymore. Believe me, I am. It's just I'm in a mood. Yesterday I was off from work, and it would have been a good time to reply. All I wanted to do was lounge and watch Z Nation. I did cook dinner last night, and it was incredible, if I do say so myself. I thought about replying, I did, but I just went to sleep. So please just give me time to deal with this mood, and I'll be back. I can't stand feeling this way. I really can't. I want to write. I want to move rps forward, or in one case get it off the ground. I just can't formulate the words in my brain. My mind just can't go to the places needed to write. I'm sorry. It happens to us all, I know, at least that's what I'm hoping someone will say. Have a good day BMR.

Back
Top Bottom