Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Niche in Time

Sometimes you just need to step away for a momet and take care of yourself. There's nothing wrong with that. Take a moment and take a breath. You're going to have the words come back and your partners will know you're worth the wait. You don't have to feel like talking with people all the time and you don't have to force yourself to write.

Take time for yourself. It's okay to be more than just a writer. :heart:

Big hugs. You'll get through this in time. Just be gentle to yourself.

You are so worth the wait sweety ^___^ take your time and come back better than ever :)

And thanks for the Happy Birthday ^___^

Here it is, the early morning hours, and I'm still awake. Looks like I'll be taking half a sleeping pill soon. If I take the whole thing, then I have to sleep for a certain amount of time, or I'm drowsy for the first half of my shift. That is not fun. Been there. Done that. I've got a new rp that took off. Sadly others, yes that is with an S are dying it seems. One I think is on break because my partner's rl is busy. One simply acts as if our conversations and the opening posts never existed, and one just disappeared. I know rl comes up and such. I'm an advocate of rl coming first. Heck I'm the poster child for it. Well, that and late replies, but this one kind of has taken me by surprise. So I've decided to bump my thread. What am I thinking? I still have two replies to get out to other rps, and I bump my thread? Well, here's to trying to get some sleep tonight. Good night BMR.

Well here it is, another Sunday. Last Sunday we had some pretty nasty storms come through. There was a tornado warning issued while I was at work. When that happens, they gather all the associates and customers in the back until the warning is over. This happened not too long after I clocked out on lunch. So the break room was full while I was on break. Lovely. Then, after I came out of the break room when my lunch was over, I found out we were on generator power. Long story short, we ended up not being able to mix paint at all. So I spent the rest of the day cleaning and painting. I don't see that happening again today, unless something comes up. So it's a typical work day today.

I'm trying to respond to pms and rps when I can. I worked five days straight, helped out my family my two days off, and now I'm on for six days straight. My day off is Thursday, and I'm 90% sure I'll be helping family that day too. I don't get many days off where I do nothing. Nope. Doesn't happen. So I squeeze in everything I want to do when I can. So please just keep that in mind. I am a busy girl. I like what I do though. I actually like my job, and I adore my family. So it's not like anyone is forcing me to do what I do. I do it because I care. It's like I like to say about work. "You can teach someone how to do what we do. Passion for their job? You can't teach that. They either have it, or they don't." I could teach any one to mix paint, but to enjoy it, to have a passion for making sure what needs to be done is done? No. I can't teach you that. I love knowing that everything is done. Doing the things I love comes at a price though. Not a lot of free time for BMR. That also means not always having creative energy when I do have free time. For that, I'm sorry. I do try. Honestly. Tonight I actually get off earlier than normal. Perhaps I'm hoping for some more writing time. We shall see. I make no promises. Promises are too easily broken. Well I guess it's time to get this day going. I left some things for my boss to work on when I left last night. She wanted me to come in earlier than I was scheduled to today, but that wasn't going to happen. I couldn't. So instead I did manage to get some of the work done and delivered to her, literally. So that was she was able to decide what she wanted to have done with it. We had some displays in another department, way up in the overhead. I managed to get someone to pull them down, as I can't operate the equipment needed to do so. Then I moved them halfway across the building to our department and lined them up for her. I had already cleared some space in the overhead as well, and I cleared some space around the desk for them too. So literally she has to decide what is going up, around the desk, or possibly displayed in the aisle. That's on her. lol. I'm not the manager. Don't want to be.

On another note, last night a former manager showed up in my store to visit. It was great to see him. I was stunned at how he's changed in the three or four years since I last saw him. When he left, my co-worker says to me, "you must have made some impression on him. He's been in here several times asking if you were here." Nothing romantic, nothing sexual ever happened. We simply worked together, I assure you. Have a good day BMR.

Good afternoon BMR. Today I am coming to live from the warmth of bed. Yes, the warmth of my bed at 12:07 in the afternoon. Todays forecast looks like a whole lot of doing nothing. That's right nothing. It seems a lazy front is moving through. It may be accompanied by bouts of remaining in bed, napping, and of course watching Netflix with the occasional rping. I don't have to work today, and I basically everybody that I know that I wasn't doing anything today. I was taking the day off. So nothing is going to get done that I don't want to do today. Some days you just need a me day, and I'm taking one today. So I'm hoping to get some big replies done today. I have some in mind that I want to work, both big and little. So here's hoping for a productive, yet lazy, day. Wait. Is that even possible? Productive and lazy? lol. Have a good day BMR.

Good afternoon and Happy Saturday BMR! I do hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Personally I have to work today, but the good news is, is that I am leaving, as of right now, almost an hour early. Add to that fact that I am off tomorrow, and you have one happy camper. lol. I worked all week long to be able to get off early tonight by clocking in early from my lunch hour. A few minutes here, a few minutes there has added up to 45 minutes as of now. So I do it again today, and it will be a full hour. I can't stay on the clock because the company does not like to pay overtime. So I'll be walking right out the doors after we close instead of staying an hour to clean up and stock up. Now shouldn't you be doing that, you might ask. Well not if I play my cards right and can do that during the day. If I can't do it during the day, then all I have to say is, is that I had to leave early. Either way, I'm happy.

Tomorrow I'm going to see my niece in the hospital. She was born early, way too early. As of right now, she doesn't weigh 5 pounds, and she has a colostomy bag. A section of her intestines had to be removed. So she has a colostomy bag while they wait for her intestines to get big enough to sew back together. That's how tiny she is people. They say the doctors should be able to sew them back together soon. Then she has to wait another 6 weeks before she can come home, I think. She's my brother's and sister in law's first and only child. My brother said he was getting fixed. lol. My sister in law became very ill and was hospitalized. They had to wait to get her blood pressure down before they could perform a C section. My sister in law developed preeclampsia. So this has been a tough time for them. My brother said he came close to losing both of them. Now the little girl is doing so much better. When she was born she weighed 1 pound 7 ounces, I think. Now she's over 4 pounds. People tend to underestimate these preemies. These children are so tough. The nurses told my sister in law to be glad she had a girl. They tend to fight harder. My niece is proving that. She's a fighter. So I'm going to see her tomorrow for the first time.

Have a good day BMR.

It’s Saturday. Another week has come and passed. Most people are off today, because they work Monday to Friday jobs. Not me. Oooooh no. I’ve got to go to work today and tomorrow. Monday and Tuesday as well. Then I’m off for five whole, wonderful days. I’m taking some vacation time. Much needed vacation time I might add. This week, I call it that because I’m working five days in a straight, is going to be busy. Yesterday was out paint shipment day. Today is Saturday, and it’s a pretty day from what I’ve seen on the weather forecast on my phone. Tomorrow is Sunday. That means the church crowd, and I have to do my paperwork for the safety audit at work. Monday is the department head’s meeting. I’m usually alone a good bit of that day. Then Tuesday is a department meeting for us. I’m guessing one of the paint reps wants to hold it. Those are actually pretty fun for us. He buys pizza, drinks, and candy. He gave us tee shirts last time, and I think he gave us hats too. I’m not a big hat person. So this week has a lot going on. Then, like I said, five wonderful days off.

This week has seen two people in my family in the hospital. First my niece had her stomach surgery Wednesday. The surgery was supposed to take 45 minutes. It took 2 hours. Turned out another part of her intestines had died. So the doctor took it out as well. She had a hernia, which I thought they knew about, that he took care of as well. Plus they went ahead and removed her appendix. The doctors don’t want her opened up again later. This way there is no way this little girl will ever have to have the surgery to remove it later. So now I think what they’re waiting for is for her to gain up to five pounds, take a certain amount of milk, and heal before they can take her home. The other person spiked a fever. Turns out an ear infection is the culprit. So yesterday I got a phone call at 6am. I was so tired when I went to bed.

If you’re waiting on replies from me, you’ve seen what my schedule is like. I’ll do the best I can. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. Have a good day BMR.

Damn that's a heavy load of shite to deal with. Glad everyone's okay, though.

You never have to make apologies for real life interrupting a hobby, Andy. Just make sure you're rested and in a good space before you start replying.

Thanks Sync. As of today, everybody is still doing well. Both of them are on the mend and getting better. I can take a deep breath before moving forward.

Good afternoon BMR. Currently I am on vacation, but my body picked this time, this exact time, to get sick. I'm sure it's allergies. One the first day of my vacation, I started sneezing. By day two, I was stuffy with an irritated throat. Even as I type this, I feel the slightest tickle of a sneeze. So I hope this time of year finds everyone else feeling better than I do right now.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. A big shout out to all the moms in the world. Without you, there would be no us. You spent countless nights worrying about us, staying up late, taking care of us when we were sick, waiting for phone calls, waiting for us to come through the door, hoping we were keeping our feet on the floor, all the while a million other thought ran through your head. You gave us such perils of wisdom such as, "Stop crying, or I'll give you something to cry about." You were our nurses, teaches, tailor's, chefs, sitters for our friends, all the while providing money and all the things we needed to survive. Now my mother had this amazing talent. She had a magic spoon. Now I know your eyes are wide with wonder. You're wondering what the magic spoon is all about. Well, you're in luck. I'm going to tell you. When my mom would bake a cake, of course she would put frosting on it. Now being the good, wonderful, fantastic mother she is, she wouldn't let me eat frosting from the container. No good mother just gives their kid a container of frosting to eat. So I would watch her frost the cake, and she always had enough frosting for the entire cake....plus one spoonful. It was her magic spoon. It always made sure to have enough frosting left over for me. Now I know the spoon wasn't magical. My mom was. Just like whenever I would fall ill, mom would always make me lie down on the couch with a blanket. She would get these small, glass bottle cokes. We only got these when we were sick. Those were magic cokes because they made me feel better. You see all these things were magic to me because my mom and dad gave them to me. They may not have always given me everything I wanted, but they knew what I needed, and they made darn sure I had it. That's what makes a good mom or dad. They know what you need, and they make sure you have it. So while I may not have had all the Barbie toys I wanted, I never went without what I needed. For me, family is about looking back and remembering more of the good times than the bad times. The good times are what helped you through the bad ones. My family was unreal growing up, and I owe a lot of that to my mom and dad. My mom was incredible. She was fierce. Still is. I pity the person that hurts me. My mom carried a gun, taser, and two knives. She'll get you one way or the other. lol. I can remember sitting on the toilet in the morning, hold on, let me finish, while my mom styled my hair. lol. I got into this one situation once that was so bad, I mean really bad. I screwed up royally, but my mom was there, ready to fight for me. I saw this woman shut a grown woman up by turning her head to her and biting her head off. Her husband was smart enough to not say anything at all. My mom stood there, gripping the dining room table in the room, ready to flip it. A momma bear will protect her cubs. Well I'll always be her cub, and she'll always protect me. She'll always be there when I need her, and for that, I can never show how grateful I am to her. She's my shopping buddy, my movie buddy, my friend. We talk about everything, even sex. We went to see 50 Shades of Grey together. All of them. We try on clothes together in the same dressing room. I know the day will come when she's not here anymore. Until that day comes, I'm the luckiest person alive to have her. I will end this paragraph with one more story about her. One summer we were at the beach for a family vacation. My whole family, mom, dad, two brothers, and myself were walking on a sidewalk. There was this hot lifeguard in front of us. The sidewalk forked off, and the men in my family went in another direction. Me and my mom followed the lifeguard for a few steps until we realized the family had turned off. That's my mom.

On another note, though I'm not feeling well, I am going out tonight to see a movie. I'm going to see the new Avenger's movie. Yeah I know some bad things happen in it, but what can I say? *shrugs* Two words. Doctor Strange. Oh. My. Gosh. I gotta see that. Have a good night BMR.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. Again, I have to go to work today. Working most weekends stinks. Still, I am thankful for the job. There a lot of people that are unemployed.

Rps are going great. I'm almost all caught up. I've got a couple of replies to send out today, which I hope to do before going to work. So by the time I leave for work, I will be caught up. It's a great feeling. My rps range from one liners to some that take it out of me to write. I like having that range. They both are rewarding.

Not too much else to report on. So I'm gonna go work on those replies I owe. lol. Have a good day BMR.

First off, I have been learning how to ride this beautiful three wheeled moped. It's so great. I love it. I call her Betty, as in Black Betty. lol.

Secondly, Monday I went to the ER. I had been in pain all day. So when I got off work, I went to the ER. Long story short, I'm taking antibiotics and a pain med. Oh I'm doing a lot better. Friday was a great day. I still hurt, but it's not like it was. I can tell I'm getting better. Saturday was even better. There was a time when I was hurting, but was fine before I came home. I was fine before I went to lunch. I just needed to get my body going to work through it.

So as you can see this has been a week. Learning to drive a moped and being in so much pain it hurt to pick something up out of the floor has been something else. Ironically it didn't hurt to ride on my moped. I will get back to writing as soon as I can.

Okay. So here's what's going on.

It's Thursday night, and I'm at home. I'm usually off on Thursday nights anyway. I want to write, and here's hoping I get some done.

Update: I've written in the past about the little baby that was born back in January that weighed only 1 pound 7 ounces. I am happy to announce that Sunday she came home. She is an amazing baby. Her mom and dad are both happy as they can be. She was in the hospital for a long time, having surgeries and fighting. All that has come to an end. At one time, she had to have part of her intestines removed. They were so small the doctor couldn't put them back together right away. So she had a bag while she waited for them to grow big enough for the doctor to do what he needed to do. That's amazing to me. Her intestines were the diameter of a coffee stirrer. That's tiny. I was able to go see her once while she was in the hospital. Of course you couldn't hold her unless you had gotten a whooping cough shot. Me and needles? We have this relationship, this understanding. They understand that I love to hate them. So we keep our distance as much as possible. Still, it brings me great joy to be able she is finally home.

In other news, here on this side of the world the sun has decided to bake us. The temps here are so hot. It's miserable hot to me. I want to say to all those that were saying they were tired of winter and wanted the summer that the first one to complain about the heat is getting punched. You wanted this crap. Me? I'm happy with cold weather. I'm happy with rain. Well, I say that, but now I have to say I'm happy with rain as long as I'm at home. Why you may ask. Well that's an easy one. Meet Black Betty. She's all mine, and I ride her to get to work. No she's not a motorcycle. She's a moped. Yeah. Go ahead. Laugh it up. It costs less than $2 to fill up her up with premium gas. How much do you pay? I live in a small town. *Looks around* Why do I hear Journey? Anyway, I get around with her pretty good. I only live a few minutes from work in the first place. So I zip around on her. She looks sweet, doesn't she? I'm rather proud of her.

And now back to you Andy. Thank you Andy. Around the site sadness ensued as I lost a rp. lol. It's okay really. I understand how people lose interest. It's okay. At least I got to meet a nice guy in the process, and who knows? Maybe someday he and I can work together on something else. I think he's game for it, if memory serves me correctly. So am I for that matter. As for my other rps, they're coming along nicely. One is on break, and it has been for a while. My partner for that one is extremely busy, swamped even, with work. So I understand. Hey, when your partner is the talented Alvis Alendran, you make exceptions, and he knows I'm fine with waiting until he's not so busy anymore. That goes for all of my partners really. Life is way more important. It moves by so fast. So take all the time you need when you need it. This is just make believe, it's pretend. It's not anywhere near as important as real life.

I still think it's funny how my avatar had her head cut off during the conversion. Poor thing. I have an avatar for Discord that I wouldn't mind using here, but I don't know if it would be allowed. It's simply a pair of eyes looking, but the eyes kind of look young. They're actually creepy. That's what I like about them. So if you're waiting on a reply from me, and honestly I think all of my rps but one are, then I'll be working on it soon enough. Tomorrow is back to work, but I'm wanting to spend the morning baking a couple of cakes before I go in. So have a good night BMR.

I just wanted to leave a quick note here to my partners. Things have been hectic lately. So please be patient. Right now I'm currently working a six day stretch at work before I get one day off. One day. Then I'm right back to work. Plus they are shifting our hours around. They're only moving us going in an hour earlier and getting off an hour earlier, but it's still an adjustment. I've been so tired lately. Creative energy is just so hard to come by. I thank you for your patience. After this stretch, I'll be working shorter ones for the next three weeks. So hopefully my muse and creative energy will return. Have a good day BMR.

At work I also got some stressful news. It seems my department head is leaving for another department. That's not the stressful part. In her place, they are appointing a man that has wanted me to come work in his department for some time. I refused because I didn't want to leave my department. He can be a tough boss to work for. That's the stressful part. So his first day is tomorrow. I've got some other stuff going on as well. I think my creative muse is just gone for now. I so want that creative energy back, but it just seems to be hiding. Perhaps it has packed up and left. I don't know. To my partners, if you want to call it quits, I understand. I won't be angry. How can anyone work with someone who posts as erratically as I do? I have been posting on the games boards a little. It's easy. Rping is hard, takes more effort. Have a good night BMR.

Hell, Andy: I've said before that you're a good partner and worth waiting for.

I'll stick around while you get things sorted out. :)

Thank you to all my kind, understanding partners. You really embody what a good friend is as well.

This has been an interesting week at work. The new department head stepped into his role. I trained him on his first day. Of course training takes more than a day. It takes more than a week, for that matter. He'll get it though. Sadly I'm not fond of working with him. He doesn't stay in the department, which is a double edged sword in and of itself. On one hand, if he's not in the department, then he can't be watching or seeing the corners that are cut and so on. Then on the other hand, if he's not in the department, he can't help when help is needed. I simply don't like working with him. That's the last word I'm going to say on that matter.

In other news, I'm still learning how to ride Betty. That's going well. Well, if you don't count the time I took a turn a little too fast and one of her back wheels came up off the pavement. Yeah. I didn't realize it until I heard the screech it made when the wheel touched down. That put fear in me for sure. I'm a bit more careful when I take turns now. See? A lesson was learned. I went outside today and washed and waxed her. She looks good. It was so hot I was pouring sweat, but it was worth it to accomplish taking care of Betty.

I've got a couple of other issues still going on right now that I won't air here. Suffice it to say I'm keeping an eye on them. I hope to be returning to writing soon. I miss it. I miss my partners. I hope everyone is well. Have a good evening BMR.

The winds are already picking up outside. Winds from the Hurricane will be worse tonight and into Monday. That's when things should be cooling down here. Lots of rain is expected. The possiblity of losing power is there, as always with this kind of thing. I don't know if I will. Certainly I hope not. My little town is going to being feeling the effects of Hurrican Florence. I live in South Carolina. If you can find a picture showing the hurricane and a town called Charlotte in North Carolina, then know I am about an hour from Charlotte. The storm has made landfall in Wright's Beach NC. Now it's expected to dip further south and actually go below where I am. Still the rain bands and winds will effect us. People in this town have gone nuts. Water, bread, milk, those are things you can't find. Batteries, flashlights, and even candles are disappearing at a fast rate. I've got some food that doesn't need to be cooked to be eaten, candles, and flashlights here. I was going to go to a hotel and weather the storm, but things have changed. I'm staying right here. I even bought a coloring book and some crayons. lol. Have to have something to do when the power goes, if it goes at all. I was scheduled to work all weekend, but we will have to wait and see. We got a shipment of generators in at work. By the noon the next day we had sold all 72 of them. We currently have more in, but I don't think they will last long. This is at $700 each. Yeah. They will get sold even at that price. People are going nuts. As it is, I'm going to work. The wind simply feels good right now. It's a nice breeze, if that. The hurricane wind won't be here until later tonight, late tonight at that. So ladies and gentlemen, I just wanted to let everyone know I am in the path of some of this storm, and I haven't forgotten anyone. Have a good day BMR.

Happy Birthday to me. I'm leaving town later today with family. I want to post some pics later on. This is my birthday gift to myself I guess. lol. Hope everyone has a good day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDI! :heart: Thanks for being one of the coolest people on BMR. Hope you have a great day with the family.

I haven’t written anything in a long time. It’s strange when inspiration and motivation simply leave. There is still this desire to get back into the swing of things, but I can’t seem to do it. I want to write again. The people on this site are people that I miss. The conversations, not simply the rps, the excitement of seeing a new message are things I miss. Granted there aren’t any lately, and that’s my fault. I’m not active anymore. I can recall a time when I had double digit rps going on. Now? I don’t know. Seems most plots have been done. Daddy/daughter, rape, incest, it’s all been done, and on the other end of this are plots that haven’t been done but require too much emotional investment to write. Day to day seems to suck the energy right out of the body. My time is so limited, and there is so much I want to do, and yet all that seems to be accomplished is sleep. Sleep. I can’t seem to do more than sleep and watch Netflix. Netflix is my downfall. There are only so many hours in the day, and I make the choice to do what I do instead of writing. I guess that’s it at the end of the day. Choices. There was a time I hated to be out of the house because I knew I was missing time that I could be rping. Now I come home and lie across my bed and sleep. Lol.

Well if I’m not doing that, part of my time is spent working. It’s a necessary evil in this world sadly. I have these nasty little habits that require money. Utilities. A place to live. I’m sure you get the picture. So I have to work, and my job may seem trivial and easy to some, but let me tell you there is always more that meets the eye. The behind the scenes of any job would surprise you. So working in a big box home improvement store is not without…..Honestly I can’t think of a word to put there. Lol. Monday my department head had a mini stroke and was taken out of the building on a stretcher. Oh he was at work tonight, according to what I was told. Later that same night, a man died after falling over in the parking lot. I think someone told me he was dead when he hit the ground. So yeah. Monday was stressful.

I actually did go see the new Halloween movie. Yeah. I’m going to not say too much on that. There are people who haven’t seen it yet that may read this. Personally I didn’t like it. It’s a done franchise to me. How many years have these movies been coming out? Yeah. It’s over. Let’s let this franchise go. A good horror movie ends when it’s time has come. This one is long overdue.

On the personal home front, I did go to the beach for my birthday earlier this month. It was great to be there. It’s my all time most favorite place to be. I plan on going back in December. Why December? It’s cold. You can’t get in the water. I know. I’m going back for New Year’s Eve. Besides the hotel I go to put a tent over the heated pool one winter when I was there. Maybe they still do. Plus walking on the beach can be relaxing. I don’t mind taking my shoes off and getting my feet in the sand. I’d even be willing to let the cold water rush up on my feet. There was a time when I would have loved to live there. Now? I don’t know. Seems like the beach would lose all it’s luster if I did. It might not be so special to me if I lived there. More importantly than that, I’d be giving up so much by moving away from my family. My parents drive me nuts at times, but I love them. Scares the heck out of me to think about my life without them. I don’t want to. I’m also afraid that maybe I don’t have it anymore. It. You know, the ability to write something someone else would want to read or reply to. What if it is gone? Not to mention the fact I’ve been away so long that all my plots may be dead in the water anyway. I guess I should man up and ask my partners. You know, grow a pair. Lol. Well..*looks down*..Trust me. I’ve got a pair. Boobs. Let me make that clear. I’m talking about boobs. My boobs. Great big boobs. Lol. I mean big. Really big. As in huge. I’m not kidding. They’re not fake either. All natural. Okay now I’m rambling.

To all the new people on this site, welcome. There seems to be so many of you. BMR seems like a different place to me. So many new faces. I hope that you all are finding what you’re looking for here. Well that’s it for now. It’s 12:24am here. I should be trying to get sleep. Maybe soon. Have a good night, or early morning, BMR.

I want to thank a few of my partners. Not calling any names here, but they know who they are. They are the ones I’ve been chatting with recently. It’s meant a lot. I know this message isn’t supper long or anything, but I did want to say thank you to them.

Happy Halloween! I hope everyone is enjoying the night and being safe. I am about to go and watch a movie I adore, Rocky Horror Picture Show, with some friends and family. There will pizza and probably some talking along with the movie. So have a great night BMR.

Back
Top Bottom