Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Niche in Time

I know I haven’t been a good partner lately. As much as I’ve wanted to reply, as badly as I’ve felt because replies are so late, I just haven’t had the muse to write. Excuses could flow like water if I wanted them to. I’ve been busy, there’s a paint sale that was going on all last week, yadda yadda yadda. I won’t do that. I’m sorry, and for those of you still interested in our rps, I’m going to be working on the replies soon. I’ve got some time today, and I’m actually off tomorrow. I can tell some of my rps are dying. That’s okay. It happens. People often don’t want to go to another person and say, “I’m sorry, but our rp doesn’t interest me anymore.” They think it will hurt the person if they do that. Not saying anything to them at all, is just as bad. It leaves them wondering. Are they coming back? Are they still interested? Just tell them. In the end, it’s so much better. They know. There’s closure. Sure it hurts. If they don’t care about the rp anymore, then of course it won’t hurt them then. Lol. They might even be relieved. Don’t not say something to a person because you’re afraid. Tell them. I had someone lose interest in a rp, and after a month, I said something to him. That’s when he told me. Granted he could have told me on his own, at least he told me. It was done. No more wondering. It hurt, but I moved on. I’m happy for him. I wasn’t cutting it for him. So he found people who could. That’s great. Another guy lost interest because my replies took too long. I understand. I asked for a second chance with the rp because I was really enjoying it. He said no. Okay. I moved on. To a degree, you develop thick skin when it comes to rps. Before I had so much more time to rp. I could spend most of the day rping. In fact, I remember doing so with one of my partners. Lol. She and I had fun that day. I don’t have time to do that anymore. Life got so full. I was told two days ago, I think, that I have classes at work now. Hazmat certification. I tried this before, but I couldn’t get the time at work to take them. This time the store manager has ordered them. So they have to be done. As easy as it would be to say, “I don’t have time to rp anymore. I’m quitting,” I won’t do that. I enjoy this too much to give it up. It doesn’t just take talented partners. It takes understanding partners. I’m thankful for the ones I have, but if you’ve lost interest in our rp, tell me. Don’t just be silent. Silence is worse.

Even today, a holiday, I have to work. I’ve worked all weekend. Have a good Memorial Day, and have a good day BMR.

Current Active Rps

Thread
The Hotel – Reydan
The Name on The Mailbox Reads Jones – DeRe
Unearthly Lust – DonVoltonus
The Mages – Silverknight

PM

Unhappy Reunion – BennyQ
Just a peek, just lick, just a look at Daddy’s prick – Melethron

Email
Ridden Hard – Tyr

Now these are what I’m considering my active rps. If we have one going on, and you don’t see it there, it’s because I haven’t heard from you and/or there hasn’t been any/much activity on the rp in a while. Does it mean I don’t want to work with you? Not at all. It just means that I’m not going to messaging people asking them if they’re still interested. We’re not kids here. If you want to continue the rp, you’ll respond. If you want to talk to me, you’ll respond to my messages. So I’m done. No more messages. . It means I’ll lost some partners, and believe me, that hurts, but I’ve sent messages. That’s all I can do. So I added some new plots and bumped my request thread. Here’s hoping we all find what we’re looking for on BMR. Have a good day BMR.

Mr. Quixotic said in his last journal post, “….but I’ve felt the tone of the site has changed in the las few months….” I agree. The tone, the very feeling from this site has changed. The people from this site seem to be changing as well, and not in ways I enjoy. It’s hard to put into words. The site seems almost like a new community, and I’m not part of it. I didn’t get invited. Lol. There are new people joining us all the time. By the way, welcome to the site if you’re new. I’ve been a member for a few years now, amassed a lot of rps as well as partners, but as of late I feel out of place here. Things don’t mesh like they use to. At one time, I felt like part of the community. Now? Not so much. I don’t know if that’s how anyone else feels, but it isn’t enough to keep me from coming here. It is however enough to make me post my request thread on E. I did have three rps going there that ended. So perhaps I can delve into their creative pool there.

I am starting two new rps here. One if from my request thread. I think the discussion phase is pretty much over with that one. So I look forward to it starting anytime now. As for the other one, I am rather looking forward to it. I read it as part of his request thread, and I could barely contain myself as I messaged him. It will be a delight to see how this one goes.

The weekend is upon us once more. Happy Friday everyone. For me, it means work. Yes. Work. I work today and tomorrow. The week coming up holds the monthly Infocus meeting. That means the safety flash audit will have to be completed. They have moved the time of the meeting. So now I’m going in an hour early and getting off an hour early. I won’t complain. I still get off at 10pm doing things this way. Also the hazmat classes I wanted to do a while back are now a requirement. Everyone in my department has to do them, and the entire Infocus team has to do them. So either way, I’ve got to do them. I’m also working on a way we can easily find colors in the Glidden paint chip section. BEHR has this nifty computer that will tell you if we have a chip and where to find it. Glidden? No. What you have to do it get the number, which I can give you when I look it up on the computer, and go hunt for it. Now there’s over 1000 colors for Glidden. The section for them is divided into 6 or 8, I can’t remember how many, sections. So total there is over a 1000 colors in all those sections. Each card has three colors, and the numbers that I give you are in no specific order, at least that anybody in the department can manage to find. So it’s a nightmare. I’m going to try making a grid that will tell you the section and numbered slot on the wall that will tell you where a certain color is. The legend will go in alphabetic order. It’s a job to do, yes, but when it’s done, it’ll make our lives a whole lot easier. So, *sighs* That’s work. Today is paint day. Every Friday BEHR delivers their paint shipment to us. Last week we got 4 pallets. A typical palled can hold 43 cases. I think the number on the invoice is cases. Anyway a case has 4 gallons of paint in it. The pallets can also hold 5 gallon buckets. They have, let me think here, they can have 36, I think, buckets on them. The pallets can be mixed too. Some 5 gallons, some cases of paint, some 2 gallon buckets of ceiling paint and primer, some boxes of our tint, that sort of thing. So last week we got 4 pallets total. My goal is to get all the pallets put away. I don’t like leaving pallets in our receiving area because come Monday, if they’re still back there, the department head can get fussed at. I don’t like that. So when I go in, I check the department, see what’s going on, and head to the back to see how much paint we have. One of the guys that works in receiving knows me quite well. He knows I’ll be back there and getting the paint out of there. I’ll push a pallet jack under it and pull it out. He’s helped push it with me before. Lol. I can be quite heavy. Last week was the paint sale we had going on. We had a lady get 6 5 gallon buckets of stain. Said she would be doing it later. So she bought it while it was on sale. Did I mention the air conditioner doesn’t work all that well in the store? Yeah. Last week it was documented to be over 80 degrees in there. By the way, Mr. Quix, you suck because you’ve got winter now. Lol. I HATE hot weather. I live in the south, and I hate hot weather. Lol. So yes, I’m busy at work. I still manage to find time to joke around though. I’d go nuts and start swinging paint cans at people’s heads if I didn’t. Why do people bring their dogs in there? Huh? Because it’s a concrete floor it must be alright? No. It’s on the door people. No dogs, except service dogs, allowed. We’re not PetSmart. I want to start listing the stupid questions I get asked at work here. Lol. You find some of the dumbest people coming in there, and it scares you because they might be going home an using power tools. Anyway, I’ve gone on enough for now. I have to be getting out of here soon. So have a good day BMR.

Good afternoon. I haven't been active as of late. Then again, I haven't been active on here in a while. To my partners, I apologize. To anyone who has sent me a pm that has gone unanswered, I apologize. I've just been bogged down lately. Seems like it's always the same old deal. I have time to write but no creative energy, or the energy is there, but I have no time. The two can't sync. This morning I had time, but I woke up with a terrible headache. As I sat there, trying to feel better, I began to feel like I was going to throw up. I came and went. Finally I laid back down in bed, hoping to get rid of it. My roommate comes in and says, "You said you never wanted to sleep this late. So I was checking on you." I told her I didn't feel well. So she asked if I needed anything. I told her no, and she left me alone. I got up about an hour later feeling a little better, took a shower, and I just finished actually eating something. Now it's time for me to get dressed, head out, and then go to work. Again. My head still hurts a little, but I have to go to work. I can't not go. For one thing, I don't have the sick time to cover the shift. Secondly I need the money.

Speaking of work, they transferred my department head out of our department. She watching us, helping if we need it, working one day a week a shift in our department, but she's going to be the department head somewhere else once we get another one trained. I don't want the job. Strange thing is, people are saying I'm already doing it. I work on the weekly count, with the others. She wants me to start doing the weekly accuracy report. Okay. That is a department head job. I'm still on the InFocus committee, and I'm the closer for our department. I do small things for the department, like decide where to put wingstacks. I make sure the merchandise in the overheads is properly labeled and packed out if possible. All of this while taking care of customers and doing the closing. So by the time I get home, and I don't get off until 11pm, I'm so tired usually. The desire to write has said good night. Hopefully the two will sync soon, and I won't be feeling bad when they do. Until then, please bear with me. Have a good day BMR.

I know it’s been a while since I posted here. It’s been a while since I’ve done a lot of things. I’ve got replies that are beyond late. I don’t know what to say. My drive to write is low, if not nonexistent. I see my rps, the characters, both mind and my partners, and it’s exciting, it really is. I sit down to write, and then….nothing. I’d rather be watching Netflix or sleeping. Then, when I’m away from home and/or I don’t have time, then I want to write. It’s like this cosmic joke being played on me or by me. I want to write, I really do, but something is missing. Maybe I’m depressed. There is this one issue that I’ve been dealing with, and I rather not say exactly what, but maybe it’s bringing me down emotionally and physically. I mentioned in the OOC chat for Gramercy Plaza that I’m going on vacation next month. I know on some levels I need this. My roommate says I’m getting crabby. I just feel like I’m letting people down, and that’s not my intent. My desire is to give them, and myself, the best rp I can. There are a few days here and there where I can get a decent reply written. I love those days. I just wish they came more often. I’ll try to do better. Right now though, it’s 1:50am, and I really should try to get some sleep. It might take me a little while to get to sleep, but I’ve got a few ideas to help that along. Netflix, yes, I think I’m addicted, and something to help me sleep. Thanks for being here, and goodnight BMR.

It's Eclipse Day here in the US. Where I'm at, we will have 98/99% totality. My glasses are at work. Everyone who will be viewing the eclipse today, please be safe. Have a good day BMR.

I had a nasty fall last night at work. As I was backing a pallet of paint down the aisle, my foot caught another pallet that was on the floor, and I slipped. When I landed on the floor, I hit my head on a beam. My left leg hit something. It took just a little bit of skin off, and I have a small lump. Of course I had a bump on my head. Today it’s just tender. After I got up, I went an took something for a headache and told my department head what happened. So then the assistant store manager comes and takes me to the back where I have to fill out a report. She gets me an ice pack for my head too. I went on to work my whole shift, after I sat back there a good 15 to 20 minutes. I’m going in to work today. The weekend doesn’t mean time off for me. Some people are so lucky with their Monday to Friday jobs. Me? I’m happy I have full time, but yeah, weekends off would be nice. I’m happy with my job. I like my job. Have a good day BMR.

I'm sorry to hear about your fall :(

*hugs*

Hope your head feels better today

Sorry to hear you fell. I'm sure you'll be back to 100% in no time at all. Glad to hear it wasn't bad enough that you had to leave work or anything, but stay safe :)

Just wanted to write a quick note saying Happy Labor Day to all my partners here in the states. May you enjoy the day, and be safe as well.

In other news, Irma's path is still not certain. In the event she does come towards the Carolina coast, I may be away. How long depends on how bad she hits if she hits at all. So fair warning. I've seen the eupro model showing where she should hit the coast early next week. So we'll see. In any event, I go on vacation next week. 8 days away from my job. I'll be so bored. lol. I was recently off for 4 days, and on the 4th day I was getting bored. Most of the time I'm on the go, busy with something, but on the 4th day I said that I wasn't doing anything. Well that turned out to be pretty boring. lol. So 8 days might bore me to tears. In any event, I hope to get some writing done during that time. Of course, depending on Irma, I'll be heading to Myrtle Beach for 5 of those days. In a way, I don't want to go. Don't ask why. Still, if things work out, I'll go. I think I need this time away from work to decompress. Those 4 days off did a world of good for me with work. I wasn't thinking as many bad thoughts when a customer stopped me for help. lol. Yeah. I do that. Like the joke goes, this job would be great if it wasn't for the customers. I know my job is to take care of them, but I do have other things to do. So many other things to do. Company fat head is coming for a walk tomorrow, and he's going to come to our department. Fat head = someone with an important title in the company. Fat head is easier to remember than their titles. I honestly don't know what his title is. I think he's over the entire district our store is in. Anyway, fat head is more fun to say. lol.

Thanks for the kind words and well wishes after my fall. My head is fine now. There was a sore spot for a few days after. That's to be expected. I did hit a steel beam. My leg bruised nicely. Not 100% sure what I hit it on. The bruising is gone now. I hope everybody is doing well. Have a good day BMR.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately. Yes, I was on vacation at home.for the past 8 days, but it didn't happen. I'd say,
, ' I need to post tonight, ' or, ' I want to write tonight,' but it didn't happen. I ran out of time. I go back to work today.

Last night I had the wind knocked out of me. Someone I trusted took advantage of that trust. it was someone e I'm close to as well. That only made it worse. I was shocked.

So that's all I got for now. Oh yeah. One more thing. I went to my mom last night and asked her to cut my hair. when she was done, it looked like a car was in the floor. I told her how short I wanted it. she asked me was I sure. lol. it's great to have it this length. I'm happy with it. Have a good day BMR.

Things have been tense here at home. I've been having an issue with one of my roommates. it got rather serious last night , and I told him to stay away from me. don't look at me, don't talk to me, yadda yadda yadda. we are talking today, but for the past few days its been tough.

I had a bad day at work yesterday. Let's start with the fact that it was busy. I did more paint orders than three people put to get, and I was alone for 90% of my shift. Not too long before we closed the store, we were treated to something special. The concrete at the front doors was being busted up and then sloped outwards. So that meant a jackhammer and something else was playing the most wonderful music. Then,, this time closer to when we closed the store, I had some tint spill down my shirt. For those of you playing the home game, tint is what we use to color the paint. This tint was blue. It ruined my apron, shirt, and bra. I go to the assistant manager, who was in charge at the time, and he said it was a fashion statement. So basically I'm walking around with this substance on my shirt. I cleaned up the mess it made when it spilled and went home.

I'm so sorry you had such a terrible day. I hope the rest of your week goes better:heart:

My allergies are acting up. Suffice it to say I am feeling the effects. So I apologize for not really replying to much of anything.

Secondly, something has come up at work, and I don't think I totally agree. Our policy is simple. If we see someone trying to steal something, we're to give them excellent customer service. Now I know that may sound strange, but the logic behind it is, is that they will see us clinging to them and know we've figured them out. They'll put the stuff back and leave. It actually does work. A few nights ago we were hit by a group of individuals all dressed the same who proceeded to steal four, I think it was, shopping carts of merchandise. That's right. Four shopping carts. They loaded them up and pushed them towards the door. Now I'm sure you know how rumors go. So keep in mind most of this is via the rumor network. I was told someone yelled for them to lock the doors. I was told that 'Bob' held out his hand to keep from getting hit by the shopping cart the guy was pushing. Well the facts are that 'Bob' as punched and knocked unconscious by the guy pushing the shopping cart, and that he did hold out his hand. The story that is being told at the store is that 'Bob' was trying to avoid being hit by the shopping cart. It is a lie. 'Bob' was trying to stop them. While noble as that was, it is against store policy. Technically 'Bob' should lose his job. The store is covering it up. The news has run a story on this, as it is part of a ring of thefts by these guys that has stretched from Georgia, to South Carolina, to North Carolina. Rumor has it another guy has been knocked out, and one associate had a gun pulled on him. If that is the case, these guys are not playing around. So one of the assistant managers has told the captain of our safety team that the story is that 'Bob' was trying to not get hit by the cart. That's it. The safety captain came and told me. Now I'm on the safety team. I don't agree with this. 'Bob' put his own life in danger, and we're sweeping it under the rug? The cherry on top I guess is that fact that one who hit his has been arrested. What's to stop his friends from coming back angry now? 'Bob' is not the first associate to do something like this. This is where it gets tricky. 'Ann' works in my department. This year 'Ann' suspected a man of trying to steal a cart. She literally grabbed his cart and was being dragged towards the door. This man told her he was taking this stuff. She yelled for help. Other associates came and took hold of the cart as well. The guy let go and left. Now there was nothing swept under the rug in this case. No one was hurt, but 'Ann' and the other associates were not punished at all. Again, that's not right. They all put their lives in danger. At another store an associate was cut because he grabbed a cart. That's why we don't do that. It's not safe, and yet nothing happened to these associates. So when this came up with 'Bob' my theory is, is that if they fire him, they'll have to go back and fire 'Ann' and those that helped her. That's a lot of people, but it seems we're sweeping way too much under the rug because they don't want to fire people. These people are putting their lives in danger for a combo kit. Now I like 'Bob'. I like 'Ann'. I work with 'Ann'. Being on the safety team, I don't like how 'Bob's' situation is being handled. I think 'Bob' has been told if he's asked, he was trying to stop the cart from hitting him. That's the story he is to tell them. What? When did we become about getting our associates, our friends, to lie? This is wrong, and being a member of the team without saying something feels like I'm agreeing to it and letting it happen, but if I say anything, look at the can of worms it'll open. Things could be investigated all the way to 'Ann's' case, and there's one bit of information I didn't tell you yet. One of the ones that helped 'Ann' is 'Jenny'. 'Jenny' is a sweetheart. She was the head of my department when I started there. Now she's out on medical leave. Cancer. We're dong a fund raiser for her at work right now. Tee shirts that show our support. I bought one. So the can of worms could lead to her losing her job. I could just step down, and if asked why tell them I'd rather not say. Then again I could tell the assistant manger to her face why I'm stepping down, but the fact is I love being on the team. It's just wrong in my opinion that nothing is being done to him. He should be fired. He's a great guy, and I'm sorry he was punched. Still, he needs to be fired.

On that note, I have to leave now. It's time to get ready for work. Have a good day BMR.

I go back to work tomorrow. I called in sick yesterday and today. Fact is I just wanted a couple of days where I didn't have to be anywhere doing anything for anyone. Those don't happen too often. Yes, I am trying to get over this cold that I've got, but it's not that bad. I could have worked. Still, a weekend off is good for everyone now an then. Four days off in a row are great. lol. I was off Thursday and Friday. *smile* I'm liking this a lot.

In other news, I think it was the day I made my last post that I went into work and found out that another store had been hit by the thieves. An assistant store manager that works there that worked at our store when I started was injured. He did try to stop the thieves, and he was punched in the face four or five times. My understanding is, is that he admits it. From what I've been told he said that he would lose his job, but he was going out with style. Still no word on how he's doing or if he's lost his job. As for the guy at our store who was hit, he came back and worked one night. Sadly he's not doing well. He can't keep anything down, even Tylenol. He was going to the ER, but I haven't heard anything. I think two of the guys have been caught, but I think this may be an organized crime unit. If that's the case, then there might be more than four or five. We'll see I guess. They're hitting Lowe's stores as well, or so I've been told. People are crazy.

As for my absence with writing, I've been busy and not feeling up to it. This cold has been taking it out of me. I hope to return to the magical world of rp soon enough though.

The holidays are right around the corner, and believe me I'm ready to start listening to Christmas music. I love it. I've got my own music downloaded to my IPOD, and I'm ready. I keep it on it all year. I asked someone the other day if it was too early for me to start. They said yes basically. I said something about today because I heard it, and I was told to use my headphones. lol. I love it.

I finished the second season of Stranger Things. Bummed. Now I have to wait for it to come back, but a new season of Orange is the New Black will drop before then. Of course that won't happen until June. So I guess I could get caught up on The Walking Dead for this season. I don't watch much tv like normal people. Netflix is my addiction. That and this website I go to download movies from which I won't mention on this site because I love my account too much to lose it over that. *smile* See? I can bee a good girl. In fact I'm going to go now and do somethings around my home. I need to, and get this. I can listen to Christmas music while I do it. Win. Win. Have a good day BMR.

Lately I've been thinking about the Titanic. I think it would be an amazing challenge to do a rp aboard this ship. of course I have no idea about what, but lately my thoughts are consumed with this ship.

What about it has your interest piqued there Andy? Is there a specific aspect of it that keeps coming back to mind for you?

There were people onboard, actual people. This isn't just a Hollywood movie or one of the most noted maritime disasters in history. This was an actual ship that was carrying people. They had lives. Sure some of the were rich beyond their, or even our, wildest dreams, but they still had a life. The artifacts that you can see in documentaries belonged to someone. When they show shoes resting on the bottom of the ocean, stop and think for a moment that those shoes were being worn by someone. The movie certainly helped me realize that. There was more to Titanic than the ship, and the specs, and the history. Those people onboard weren't just names. It was women, and men, and children that died that night. These children never got to grow up. Some of these adults never got to marry, or see America, or have children of their own. Their lives stopped that night. It's the people that were onboard that night that captures my attention. Every artifact I see is an extension of someone, and I can't help but wonder what it must have been like to walk the decks. A rp would allow that, but to write something like that. To do something like that justice is where I find the challenge. To try and tell a story of someone from that ship, fictional of course as I would never presume to take over the real life of one of the passengers, would be an incredible task.

Back
Top Bottom