The Extinction {1x1 with DarkMudkip}

"Ask for what?" He asked, "Back not five minutes and you're already frustrating."

Sasuke scrambled away quickly, steadying his pounding heart.

"Tch, never mind, you're still as clueless as ever." She grumbled.

Minehime blinked and held out a shard of crystal for him, smiling wide. "For you."

Megohime blinked, looking a bit taken aback and nervous. "What? Why are you staring at me like that?"

Minehime smiled, letting him take the clear shard, sitting back on the grass. "What is.. Your name?"

"Minehime." She spoke, then switched to signing. "I see you a lot, but I don't know what faction you belong to."

Minehime made a face, not really wanting to have to use her voice, it took a lot of effort. "Where you're from?" She shook her head. Was that right? No. "Where are you from?"

Minehime used her finger to write in the dirt. "Like where Takeda Shingen lives?" She wrote, having heard many stories of the great man, but nothing more.

Minehime's face flushed with excitement and her eyes sparkled. "Can you take me to see them? Big brother taught me all about all the other gang leaders!"

Minehime looked down at the ground, eyes losing the sparkle they held a moment ago, a soft frown on her face. "I understand, I just never get to go many places, and I want to explore." She wrote in the dirt.

Minehime beamed brightly again, jumping to her feet and crawling back into her window. Gathering two good handfuls of her treasures, she stopped just outside her bedroom door. There was no way Masamune would let her go, he'd say no even before she asked. Staring down at the small pouch of goodies, she made a face before scurrying back into her room, and stuffing a few pillows under her bed covers. Scrambling back out the window she held out the bag to Sasuke, giving a firm nod. "Back at sundown."

Sasuke took the bag and gave a peek, feathers puffing at the sight of shinies and pretties before pocketing it and carefully gathering her in his talons and flying off, keeping a goof firm hold on her.

Minehime watched in amazement as the streets flew by beneath them, wiggling her feet and laughing as they traveled toward Kai's territory, excited to make another friend.

Once they entered Kai territory, and we're close enough to the estate, Minehime was happy to be back on the ground. Taking a couple of wobbly steps, she jogged ahead, looking around with curious eyes; she was glad she had been wearing her capri's that day, having flown over the entire town and all.

Yukimura had been working on one of the many cars the Takeda owned, halfway under a car, wearing grease stained clothes. "In the garage, Sasuke!" He called from under the car.

Yukimura rolled himself out from under the car, hair in a messy, single braid down his back. "A guest from Date?" He sat up when he saw Minehime. "A child? Who is she?" Yukimura asked, getting up and wiping the grease from his hands.

Back
Top Bottom