The Extinction {1x1 with DarkMudkip}

"It isn't really about willpower.." She muttered, but did as he said, finding no other choice that she'd rather take. "So what are you anyway?" She asked, trying to keep herself awake.

"Shingen... So you are a lackey." She muttered, looking over the man. He had feet that looked somewhat human, except for the large talons jutting from his toes, and he had black feathers all over his body. "... You weren't from the Toyotomi, were you?" She asked softly.

Sasuke froze for a split second before finishing the elixir. "I don't remember." He answered, "I have no memory of anything before assuming my role as dana's protector."

Amaya noticed the slight hesitation, but chose to not bring it up. "Who's dana?" She asked, feeling a cold tingling feeling in her toes.

Sasuke poured some of the drink into a cup and moved over, talons tapping loudly, "Sanada Yukimura." He answered, "Do you need help drinking this? Probably, huh. That was a silly question."

Amaya's chest tightened slightly and the heat rose in her cheeks. "I... I can drink it myself." She muttered, turning her head away, her pride getting the best of her.

Amaya obeyed, though kept her eyes averted as she opened her mouth for him to pour the elixir into her mouth, cheeks flushed.

Amaya took another drink of the elixir, this time only cringing slightly as she swallowed the putrid tasting liquid. Tears welled in her eye, and she turned her head away out of shame. "Thank you..." She said quietly.

Amaya shook her head. "I'm not embarrassed - well I am, but that's not it. You're the only other besides Akihime-sama to show me kindness.." She admitted.

"Akihime is of the Toyotomi's faction, she cares for the people the best she can, but is still used as nothing more than a mouthpiece." She spat the last words bitterly. "She's kind, and gentle; she's a wonderful person." Amaya's face flushed red when she realized she had been boasting about Akihime.

"Yes, I do.." She said softly, her body feeling heavy. "And what about this, Sanada character?" She asked.

"... How did you get these mutations though? Even being enhanced without medical aid, most mutations are much more subtle." She asked.

Amaya was taken aback when the feathers on his body began to fall off as though they had been stuck on with cheap glue. "What's wrong, are you alright?"

Amaya nodded, guilt creating a tugging feeling in her gut. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

Back
Top Bottom