Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

OOC Thread

RE: Heroes RPG

A few questions thatguy - that might trigger a creative burst. Answer however many you want. Each could lead you to think more about this character:

What kind of character would you want him to be?
Is he really - like it seems you describe - a psychopath/sociopath? That might make it hard for him to be a team player. And being a psychopath he will have very hard time relating to other people's feelings.

What's his desires in life? Short term and long term goals.

Who was his last boyfriend/girlfriend? And why is he not with her/him anymore.... or is he?

Where does he live?

How does he get by financially? And what does he use his money on?

thatguy said:
file_201541_0_Colton_Haynes.jpg

Character Name: Benjamin Wintergreen
Nice faceclaim, loved him on Teen wolf, sweetie ;)

thatguy said:
Power: Fear Breath- Benjamin breaths a cloud of black dust whenever someone nearby is afraid, he can manipulate the cloud as if it were solid and use for a variety of ways, mostly offensive.

Quick question, so he doesn't make people afraid, like the Scarecrow in Batman Begins, he uses their fear to make a black cloud he uses to hurt people with, right?

thatguy said:
Personality: Benjamin is a very cold individual, he grew up without a family and relied on the mean streets of Atlanta Georgia, running with gangs and getting into trouble with the law. He has no respect for authority figures except for those in the criminal underworld who could do him harm. Benjamin is also a sadist, using his Fear Breath to torture innocent people, particularly women until they are very much near death. Even though Benjamin is considered to be a monster, there is a very small part in the back of his mind that makes him want to be a better person.

Bio: Coming Soon
So many great details here that can be expanded on to find his back story and motivation. Just to highlight them

1. Family
    Pretty please don't kill them off, not before game start... They can be useful motivators/plot hooks. Think of the type of people who would give life to Benjamin and abandon/kick him to the curb.

2. Gang related
    Is he still a gang banger or has he moved up in the criminal world. If so, what's his gig? With his powers he could work protection rackets, collections, interrogations etc. Basically, is he still in a gang or has he evolved into a more 'professional' criminal.

3. ATL's Underworld heavy hitters
    Define who he reports to and who scares the bejesus out of him. Who orders him around, who has something on him and who kicks the crap out of him regularly.
  4. Relationship with women
    Yes, he's a sadist... And a victimizer of women... All cool... But why? Why does he have that particular psychological trigger? Is/was his mom a monstrous bitch who cut his father down in front of him and abused him and now that he has power he's getting his revenge for all he suffered. Did he watch his dad use his mom as a punching bag and abuse magnet and 'learn' that's all women are good for?

5. Redemption?
    What would cause him to change? What does he consider a good person to be? Is he maybe religious, say Catholic, and in his mind he believes he could be saved if he could be Forgiven... But his talent for Sin keeps dragging him back down into the gutter?

Sorry for the 20 questions, but wanted to base things off what you've already written :)

Everything got awfully quiet with this game. I must admit that I'm a little confused as to what happens now. Will events start to unfold that will bring people together? Or are we going to make them unfold ourselves?

Ill have something up soon, been busy with stuff. And if you cant find anything to do, you could always hunt the 700 prison escapees that I made mention in Ben's profile

True, TG... Btw, LOVE the expanded bio, so much great stuff.. B's mama's a peach... Might want her to be an old 'friend' of Angela Petrelli's... Or... Hehehehe Sylar's aunt... To have hooks into the metaplot. Just sharing off the cuff thoughts.

Zorrita, as Katya sounds like she runs in some of the same circles as Beatrix, want to figure out if they know each other?

Also, re: are there going to be Events and storylines and such... Yes... But a lot will come from the characters themselves... Traveler's away until Tuesday... But will be tossing stuff out for us.

Sylar's aunt would be interesting, the guy always wanted himself a family

Cora von Fotze said:
Zorrita, as Katya sounds like she runs in some of the same circles as Beatrix, want to figure out if they know each other?

Sure!

Hi and welcome to all of our newest players. It's good to see the interest peak, and I hope to see more people join as we progress.

To address a few things that came up while I was gone:

1. There will be some guidance concerning the unfolding of events, but how your character(s) react to them is up to you. The GMs will be coordinating behind the scenes in this OOC or in PMs, whichever is more appropriate, to ensure that there is enough conflict and drama to keep things interesting. This means that if you have a baddie and you have an idea about how to integrate him/her into the story then please communicate with us. This also goes for killing or maiming other characters. It has to be with their prior consent; any god-modding that causes damage to the other characters without the player's consent is absolutely forbidden. God-modding in general is a big no-no.

2. Please keep chit-chat in this OOC thread. There have been several instances where small talk has occurred in the Character Profiles thread. We should all endeavor to obey BMR's rules about what kinds of things should go where, since a forum as well-run as BMR is difficult to find. No one wants to get kicked off-site.

3. Don't forget to let me know if there are any lists of baddies from the series you'd like to see resurface. Also, if you want your character to run in that direction confirm it in your Character Thread or in a PM so they can be listed in the Thread here. This is to help keep the multitude of characters organized; not to keep you from having any fun. For instance, if you are playing a bad guy and you're scamming on another player's character, the other player should play their character based on what you've revealed in the game, not on any knowledge gained from the bios. Basic RP etiquette.

4. We can certainly put up a WIP plot progress thread to help everyone stay on track if they'd like. Of course, impromptu romps in the hay are up to the individual player's discretion.

---

That all being said, SLS - any word on getting that child forum up?

SithLordOfSnark said:
I have spoken with kara briefly, and she was looking into it. Haven't heard anything more about it, however.

I guess we shall have to wait and see. Thanks for looking into that for us all.
~T

Traveler said:
SithLordOfSnark said:
I have spoken with kara briefly, and she was looking into it. Haven't heard anything more about it, however.

I guess we shall have to wait and see. Thanks for looking into that for us all.
~T

WB Traveler, good recap :) Looks like the game's growing nicely I'm looking forward to seeing how the characters come together and such. :)

Two quick thoughts I had,

a) If anyone controlling a female character wants a girl-girl relationship with Reem, I'm down.
b) I was actually thinking an evil character would manipulate Reem into joining them. It would be interesting if I played the evil side for once.

Yay! That's great Sithee!

Awesomist... I'd be happy to have Elizabeth meet Reem and see what comes of it... Or if you want me to make up an NPC to RP with Reem I'd be happy to... Heck Rosie could be a regular at the restaurant Reem works at... With a crush on the hot waitress... That could be Reem's foray into the dark aide, drawn into it almost by accident.

The Child Forum is excellent!

What do you all think about branching off from the main IC thread and making one for London and one for LA at the moment?

I created threads for New York City, Los Angeles, and London. If anyone wants another major city let me know, otherwise the smaller interactions can occur in the original IC thread. Once the year is up (if we get that far) then I'll make threads for the next year, to keep our posting organized.

Also, if anyone wants to cut and paste their post into the pertinent threads I'd encourage it to help people to see who they can interact with.

Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom