Barairo no Senkai [Sengoku Basara Modern AU] ~1x1 Jikkah/DarkMudkip~

Ren slept most of the day, sweating out the drugs in her system, and when she did wake, she didn't try to break the door down. Changing her clothes slowly, she laid back down, body aching. She drank an entire water bottle before settling in and curling up. Regardless of the multiple blankets on her, she was shivering hard, retching a few times before emptying her stomach into the trash can.

Ren woke multiple times to retch into the trash can, pale with bags under her eyes, shivering although she were freezing, but sweating as though it was hotter than hell. "Bastard.." She muttered before retching into the can again, gripping the side of the bed, shaking hard.

"Heh... Maybe you shoulda checked my jacket.. You think I'm stupid enough ta walk the streets without a knife..?" She grinned weakly, though it was true, she couldn't even get out of bed anyway, and her coat was across the room.

"Stupid... In what way...? That I'll try and jump you, or off myself?" She prodded, retching into the trash again.

"And yet ya have enough faith left in me to leave it in here?" She laughed bitterly. "You're not very smart."

Motochika rolled his eyes, "Fine. Do it, then. If you truly believe no one cares enough, then I dare you to do it and see for yourself."

There was no response, the room dead silent, as if Motochika had been speaking to no one the entire time.

Motochika sighed heavily and stood; prepared for if she was just pretending to have killed herself so the door would open and she could bolt free. Making sure a good portion of his body blocked the door, he cracked it slightly so he could peek inside

Ren was asleep on the bed again, sprawled out and breathing slowly, three of the four waters gone. A bit of color had come back to her face, but she was still sweating out the last of the drugs quite heavily.

Motochika glanced at her jacket and made a noise. If she was pretending to sleep, she might run out while he retrieved her jacket and knife. But, she probably knew he would come in at one point and just remove the knife anyway so she might have stashed it somewhere. He shook his head; Ren wouldn't do anything to harm herself, he knew her well enough not to take a coward's way out.

((She actually did pass out~))

Ren didn't move at all, her jacket untouched since she had stripped it off the day she got there, still on the floor by the closet, a thin silver object sticking out of one of the pockets.

((I know but Motochika is still cautious~~))

Motochika moved carefully and quietly to her jacket, slowly grabbing the knife and removing it before leaving quietly

Ren slept for two days straight, and when she woke, she was weak. Grabbing her remaining water, she drank it quickly, laying still as she stared at the sunlight that filtered through the window. "Chosokabe.." She rasped, sitting up slowly. She still felt like crap, but somehow her head felt more clear.

"Could I have some more water... And maybe some food, please?" She asked softly, pulling the blanket up around her.

"Like shit." She said quietly, opening her eyes and looking up at Motochika. "Why did you help me...?" She asked again.

Back
Top Bottom