Barairo no Senkai [Sengoku Basara Modern AU] ~1x1 Jikkah/DarkMudkip~

"No, I'm all right! Arigatou!" Akihime smiled sweetly. "I don't think I've met you before...Akihime desu!" She bowed politely, cheeks still pink

"Ah, handsome." She corrected. "A man may be pretty, but the correct terminology is handsome." She blushed, grinning. "Can I help you get to class though?"

Akihime looked incredibly confused. Why was Ren talking like she was male? She sounded female, had feminine features, but talked like she was the opposite sex. She shook her head; it was rude to judge. "I'm all right, thank you. Do you...have plans for lunch...? I usually sit alone and I would enjoy some company...!" She offered

At lunch, Akihime stood around a little awkwardly as she waited for Ren, looking around shyly, hoping she could spot the other girl

"Aki-chan!" Ren was with a large group of rugged looking men, though she didn't seem out of place. "Come over'n sit with us!"

"Aye! We are Motochika's men, 'course, he ain't here today, he's at home with Lady Chosokabe. She's still in'a wheelchair." She said as she made room for Akihime.

She pat Akihime's back with a grin. "Don't fret none! We're all going to see her after school anyway! Why don't you tag along?" She asked, taking a big bite out of her lunch.

"I-I would love to but...M-Mitsunari needs me home..." She answered sadly, "I have a lot of cleaning I need to do; plus laundry and I need to figure out what to make for dinner...Mm..." She picked at her sushi and sighed, "I wish I could weasel out of it.."

"Pish-posh, that weasel can do 'em himself, you're one of us, and he wouldn't dare mess with Chosokabe's crew; any friend of Lady Chosokabe's is a friend of ours, right guys?"

"Good! Now eat up girl, ya look like a tooth pick, what, don't they let you eat at your house?" Ren asked, shoveling more rice into her mouth.

Ren looked at her like she had just grown another head. "Who fed ya that lie? It don't matter what the woman looks like, it's how good her heart is."

"Otou-sama told me that.." Akihime frowned, "And there isn't a doubt in my mind that you're right as well, but Otou-sama is never wrong."

Ren made a soft noise and continued to eat. "Regardless, ya need to eat, why don't ya stay for dinner too? Lady Chosokabe may not be cooking, but it'll still be fun!"

Back
Top Bottom