Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mend the Scar

Status
Not open for further replies.
(sorry guys for missing my turn.)

Zetrin snaps from his temporary daze from missing with his second attack and getting hit. He quickly reels and attacks the one that landed a hit on him

(will save, 11.
Longsword attack 7+3+2=12 miss
hammer 20+2+2 roll confirm 10+2+2=15, damage 5+2=7
I have profession (investigator) can i use that instead of a Knowledge?)

(Everyone saved, though Zetrin was close. No problems about the delay. We all have a busy life and it is easily adjusted.

You did hit, remember that undead are immune to critical hits unless you have something that gets around that. Also, I need a damage roll on the hammer. However, I am merciful, so that confirm roll can be used for damage so that you can take your next turn. You are skilled at decimating undead. This is no exception.

I'll give you the knowledge of the bandana. I think they would be appropriate. I will send you that info via PM and you can diverge it how you want among the party and may ask me questions further.

Their AC is 15, so typically that wouldn't have hit, but since Gnalus did take that move to support you, he is technically flanking them, giving you the boost. So a 16 does hit.)

Zetrin's blade this time is the one that misses, but his hammer coming down on the one he previously stabbed causes the creature to crumple to the floor, it's screeching silenced.

Xian, in her rage, slashing the creature, which drops to a knee, but doesn't yet die. That screeching still present, and much fiercer as if preparing for a death scream for all.

Gnalus continues his assault on the creature he previously attacked and shield comes in fierce, crashing into the face of the creature, crushing it's skull and silencing it forever as it fell to the floor dead.

The remain horde, unwaivered by the death of their comrades, if that's how mindless monstrocities viewed each other, would continue, their screeching growing fiercer.

(2 Attacking Xian
5 + 9 = 14 = Miss
5 + 17 = 22 = Hit (Will Save Please and 3 damage)

2 Attacking Gnalus
5 + 1 = 5 [Critical Miss] [Roll to Confirm Crit Miss = 5 + 3 = 8]
- Random roll among remaining creatures = 1 (Xian's target)
5 + 14 = 19 = Hit (Will Save Please and 1 Damage)

1 Attacking Zetrin
5 + 16 = 21 = Hit (Will Save Please and 1 Damage)

These rolls are brought to you by: Wizards of the Coast: Dungeon's and Dragon's Dice Roller. For those times you aren't carrying a d20.)

I tend to run Critical Failures for creatures as the initial attack. The creature hit the one that Xian had hit previously, which was the one that initially was going to hit her. It hits the creature for 2 damage, killing it. It fails it's will save.

So instead, Xian was not hit this round.)

In the chaos, the creature fight and scramble. One attacking Gnalus seems to slip and lose it's footing, screeching as it lashed out. Clawing out, it would rake those claws across the face of the one kneeling before Xian after her brutal onslaught right as it lashed out, it's aim so true. The bandana on it's forehead would glow a sort of dim bluish light as the creatures body seems to dissolve into nothing and the bandana would merely hit the ground, blue glowing runes adorning it instead of the base black color from before. The one that it hit screeches for a final moment before falling to the ground, dead.

With the confusion, the one remaining Gnalus would leap at him, attacking to maul his face off in a not so lovely kiss of teeth and more teeth. The same would be seen as the one who was attacking Zetrin used those teeth to take a bite out of Zetrin's shoulder like Scruff McGruff takes a bite out of crime.

(Zetrin, your turn again. Recap. You each have one left on you.)

(i swear i put those down, must not have saved.

Getting hit again, he ignores the screaming in his mind and attacks again, this time attacking the monster infront of Gnalus that he seems to be ignoring.

(will save, 16
Longsword attack 6+3+2=11 miss
Hammer attack 17+2+2=21 damage 7+2=9)

Chaos crept into the elegance of Xian's motion, no longer did she took small steps,avoiding unnecesary movements, now she hacks with an exagerated angle, her free hand covering her face. "Insolent rotten trash!" she howled with the fury only a scorned woman can muster, hacking at the neck of the enemy, darting left and right.

(21 acrobatic, 19 attack roll, 8 damage if hits. This will target zetrin's target if it's not deat,or another one if it is)

Gnalus will swing his shield against the one whose attention seems to be on him, assuming his companions can handle one each. He is glad to see the two are capable, though all of the were slightly wounded, knowing both were mostly alright was enough for him to say it was a job well done, at least so far, though Xians outburst suggested an I'll temper he had likely seen earlier with the barkeep as well.

(19+7=26 will save
6+7=13=miss)

(Zetrin's target down. Xian acrobatics successful to prevent AoO

One attacking Xian
5 + 17 = 22 = Hit [2 Damage and Will Save please]

One attacking Gnalus
5 + 8 = 13 = Miss
)

With their numbers thinning, more creatures seemed to scatter the floor then be up to battle. As Xian bounds by, ensuring Zetrin's target never lives again, one attempted to swipe, missing her due to her grace. However, after her strike, another swing was taken at her, clawing her back. The one attacking Gnalus swings at him, but his claw hits nothing but shield.

(Everyone please make me a listen check)

(I did not assume modifiers would be so high. DC was only 15 and I am thinking Xian might be winning also. Good to know the party hears things.)

A loud unison of screeches would be heard echoing through a nearby door, silenced almost immediately. The sounds extinguished as fast as they started.

(Or not)

Two two others would hear, but Xian seemed a bit distracted as her attacked used that face full of fangs to chop at her left breast. The felt the sharp jaws along with the rest of the body seem to fade and a sharp pain shot through her. She felt something grip her soul before ripping a part off like a vicious shark.

(Xian is down 1 constitution for the time being)

The first thing Xian did was grab her left breast. Did it tear? No, the breast was still there, plump, perky, but there would be a bite mark. Bite marks are fine. Men bites her all the time, she's much more worried about why she's suddenly feeling weaker. This time, she didn't scream, she simply hacked away at the creature that bit her.

(attack roll 18 if flank, 10 damage)

(How is Xian for health?)

Gnalus will continue his assault on the creature whose attention he had, but he casts a worried glance to the exotic woman, who he has seen and heard taking several wounds, though all small they would add up.

His eyes darted to the distance as he heard a cacapohony of screams that appeared to be cut short, a trap? something blocking the sound or silencing it and it worried him, they'd have to put down there current foes quickly before something else joined in.

(11+6=17=hit for 5+3=8 damage unless I say otherwise if he's fighting a skeleton assume he's shield bashing so it is all bludgeoning.)

(After it connected, Xian's target seemed to dissolve to nothing, leaving only Gnalus's target. I am going to assume that instead she attacks it, as it is the only remaining hostile target. Her attack combined with Gnalus's kills the last creature.)

The shrieks near by are finally silenced as the last one falls. The room is dim with a set of torchs being all that was remaining to light the small room. The corpses of those recently slain scattered the floorr. Sarcophagus' laid open, empty. The routes seen include he way they arrived and a heavy looking metal door on the opposing wall.

Zetrin looks around one last time before relaxing slightly. He picks up one of the bandanna's and takes a closer look at it. Resting his hammer on the ground, handle up to grab it easier and faster should he need to. "Hey, either of you able to identify magics? I saw these glow when they just dissolved into nothing." He asks his companions, not looking away from the black fabric.

"Afraid not, magic is a bit beyond me" he said and stretched his arms, however Gnalus was more interested in the door and the shreechs he had heard beyond it "did either of you heat something behind this door? I don't think we are quite done here" he looked back at the two of them as he walked towards the heavy door, shield still at the ready.

Stashing the bandanna in a pocket, Zetrin picks up his hammer and walks towards the door. "Yea i heard them as well." He taps the metal door with his hammer experimentally, seeing if he could get some sign of........"life" on the other side of the door.

"Let us not be silly and rush inside this time" Xian said, clutching her breast as if worried it might fall off. "Perhaps it is best that we report this to the city guards, afterall, they would want to take care of this problem before the festival, no?"

"Yes, they would. Thats why I'm here. To clean up this problem. Though the additional blades would be helpful." Zetrin says, then puts his ear to the door and tries to listen through the door.

(perception role, 18+10+2=30. On a roll with these perception checks)

Upon reaching the door, the very first thing Zetrin would notice was not that the door was simply unlocked, but that it was partially opened. Glancing through the crack, he could see a dark starcase descending down with the faint light outline of a door below. No further sound could be heard. Everything was completely silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom