Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mend the Scar

Status
Not open for further replies.
(you're really making me roll stealth huh? XD)

Gnlaus shakes his head and smirks, the man expected him to be quiet? well he'd try his best not to rattle around in his armor too much, stepping in to follow his new companions.

(11-5=6 yup, no bonuses there)

(holy crap, i didn't think your penalties where that bad. We are wrapping your armor next time.)

So there were moments when some times party can move so stealthfully that hostility could be deterred. As Xian enters the room, no one initially notices her and in view at the time, she could see roughly 9 corpses. Slow moving, they see to be wandering aimlessly, each with a sort of bandana wrapped around their eyes. As our mighty Undead Unhunter enters, they seem to shift, as if they may have heard his entrance, but with the occassional pause, none of them seem to care or notice. However, with the entrance of our dear Gnalus, those there seem to turn towards the group immediately. Each one almost simultaneously eminates a high pitched shriek before they turn, shambling towards the party in a sort of frenzy.

Once Gnalus was through the door, Zetrin throws himself against it, trying to get it closed before the undead got to where they were. As he does this he also draws his sword and un-clips his hammer from his belt. "Ok, lets gets to work."

(INIT roll 11)

Gnalus will draw his shield "let's see if you really should be feared by these things Zetrin" he called and began working his sword out now it's seaboard as well, but clearly he would need to favour his shield in this fight, or so it seemed.

(initiative 13)

(Init 19)

Xian was smiling in the dark. No fear, no hesistation. A lethal taker of lives, hidden underneath the exterior of a sex goddess. Her plan was simple:Strike unseen

(They are acting on 12 for Initiative.)

Screeching still with that piercing shrill, the continued their charge, their focus seeming directed towards the one who made the noise.

(If Xian is unavailable, I will let others post their actions and she will be able to act when she can post.)

She waited until an undead is within range, and without blinking, her blade flashed in the dark. The sultry seductress turning into a lethal killer.

(11+6= 17 attack roll on flatfoot, if it hits the damage is 18)

Seeing that they focus there attention on him, Gnalus steps closer and raises his shield, ready to block the incoming assault of undead claws fists and weapons.

(Total Defence, AC is now 20)

Xian's strike mows them down and the halted screech pauses a few of them, causing them to hesitate and refocus their attention. A few would still strike at Gnalus. Their screeches seeming to resonate within the back of his skull further one the strike.

[5 Are Losing There Actions this round and taking in the new threat, 1 Died due to Xian, 3 are attacking Gnalus

5 + 12 = Miss
5 + 2 = Miss
5 + 18 = Hit

Gnalus, please make me a will save.]

(16, assuming its for something non-fear related, keep in mind Gnalus is immune to fear

Also Gnalus is total defence his AC is 20 not 16 so none of them hit unless its actually at +2 for flanking and you didn't include it

edit:
Woops ya I misread it x.x)

Zetrin comes to stand next to the blocking Gnalus. Once there he starts to swing at his hated enemies striking the closet one.

(Short sword attack 12+3+2=17, damage 8+2=10
Hammer attack 6+2+2=10, If hit (and not already dead) 6+2=8)

Like a leaf in a storm, the lustful foreigner spun and twirled like a dancer, her light blade cutting down a zombie from behind. "Ah, Zetrin, always just thrusting and pounding wildly..Just like in bed"

(If I can move or 5 foot step to a flank without getting AoOed, I will move and strike for 19 attack and 19 damage. If there are zombies in the way, I will use acrobatic..but I rolled a 5 only, so 15 vs cmd)

(First, tossing this hea. Please report your character sheet links under the Character Sheet thread for this. Just keeping things orderly. Thanks. :)

Can I get the AC for combat for both Zetrin and Xian also please.

Attack that hit Gnalus: You succeeded on the will save. You take 3 points of damage from the attack The attack was not fear based, but that you for posting that anyways as I did forget about that and that tends to be relevant.

Zetrin. The first one hit, it takes the full damage, but the second attack just misses. It looks like it is on death's door, but it is still up.

Xian, even with only a 15, that is beating them. 19 damage drops another. Just double checking, is your damage coming from sneak attacks? If so, please post that damage roll seperately as remember some things can be immune, like undead typically. )

The creatures shrilling shriek seemed to resume. The three attacking Gnalus seem to be mostly warded off, charging into his shield, his experience keeping two of the three back, though one of them pushing around gets a swipe. That shrieking seemed to radiate within the back of his mind louder than before, but his training served him well for this nuisance and he found himself brushing it off. Another one crumples to the ground, the remains of something that once was. Seeing Gnalus having all the fun, Zetrin's blade strikes true against the one who did get by his Gnalus's defenses, but the sudden shriek from it, causes that hand to jerk at the last moment, causing his hammer to miss. The creatures seem to divert. The two that were blocked by Gnalus's shield we still trying to get at him. The one who Zetrin attacked changes it's focus towards him along with on of the others that didn't act in the last round. The other three change their focus to Madame Murderface, who has eliminated two already.

(Gnalus, your action does take place before their attacks, but you can see where their focus is directed)

(ac is 19, and yes from sneak attack.God, sorry, I'm too used to 4th edition, do you want me to reroll? If so it's 8 and 11 respectively without sneak attacks)

Seeing his defence is not enough to draw the creatures attention, Gnalus will bring his shield to bear as a weapon against one of the creatures that was attempting to hit Xian.

(11+6=17 to hit for 3+3=6 damage, also I never actually factored his shield into his Ac so he has 16 still and it should be 18 with the shield, though he's lost that for the turn)

(Nah, no need to reroll. They just got their faces stabbed. I just noticed now, and I should have noticed initially as I almost always play rogues. I don't think the party is opposed to having those two that died due to DM error to them staying dead.

Gnalus, just a heads up, you're going to move past the two that are right on you to move and attack one on Xian. Doing so will move you into a position that you could suffer an AoO. Do you still want to proceed and if so, do you want to attempt an acrobatics or tumble check to try and avoid them.

Side note, from what you have seen so far, they do seem to be drawn towards noise. I'll post a link or a Google ref so you all have a visual of what you are fighting.

ST EDIT: For a visualization of what these are. There body looks like the stereotypical humanoid zombie. There is a black bandana across their forehead. There face is a bit unique. Google search: "Cabin in the Woods ballarina" for facial visual.)

(zetrin's AC is only 13, he is built more for offensive then defense. And is the bandanna on their heads a....marking that Zetrin would recognize for a specific necromancer?)

(Both are going to get an AoO on Gnalus, one rolled a 5 + 2 = 7, the other rolled 5 + 16 = 21, so one hit. Please give me another Will Save.

You successfully hit one attacking Xian, redirecting it's focus at you.

All attacks occur.

2 Attacks on Xian
- 5 + 11 = 16 = Miss
- 5 + 15 = 20 = Hit (Take 2 damage and give me a will save)

3 Attacks on Gnalus
- 5 + 3 = 8 = Miss
- 5 + 2 = 7 = Miss
- 5 + 10 = 15 = Miss

2 Attacks on Zetrin
- 5 + 20 = 25 = Hit [Critical not confirmed as second roll was a 2.] (Take 3 damage and give me a will save)
- 5 + 7 = 12 = Miss

Regarding the bandana, give me an appropriate Knowledge for how you would know about this possibly. If it or a relevant ability would give you a possibility to roll, I'll give you lore based upon the roll.)

In a cluster of rage and screeches, the horde attacks the party without mercy.

(Roll(1d20)+0:
17,+0
Total:17 will save, god that was scary)

Her calm facade dissapeared momentarily when she felt a cold dead hand struck her. Did it touch her face? Her heart skipped a beat, then she realized that it did not scar her face, her lovely face. She hated being wounded, especially before a guaranteed sex-fest with an old lover like Zetrin. She made a mental note to make the ranger fuck her from behind so he won't see the mark left by the undead monstrosity.

"Insolent!" she screeched, lashing out at the zombie that struck her with a wild swing, her finesse dulled from anger and panic (attack roll is 14. 16 if the one that struck her is flanked. 9 damage if hits)

Gnalus sees Xian get struck, though it is only a minor blow she reacts harshly, once he confirms that she is alright he will continue his assault on the one whose attention he has just drawn.

(5+6=11 with 4 for damage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom