Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What anime are you watching? -thread-

RE: The 'what anime are you watching' Thread

I want to get back into Inuyasha at some point.

Toonami played Samuari Champloo, I feel in love and watching it online since waiting a week is tooo long!

Three episodes into Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou and I am loving it, despite I feel bad for the main guy. Still, I love it all the same.

Correction. I binged all 12 episodes of Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou, and I stand by what I said. I fucking love it.

Well currently I am watching Gate and Myriad Colors Phantom World.

Marathoned Hokuto No Ken Raoh Gaiden and a three episode OVA of it followed by Grappler Baki: The Ultimate Fighter.

Watched the first four episodes of Digimon Tri on a whim. I was never really a fan of the series, and I've only really seen parts of the first and third seasons. This one opens up in a surprising way, and the older depictions of the characters from the first season were very welcome. The show seemed interested in tackling more complex characters, but by the fourth episode things seemed to revert to friendship and justice win the day. It was a kind of disappointing turn of events. The art style was nice, but the quality was what you could expect from most anime: inconsistent. Sometimes the show looked rather good, and other times you watch as detail is stripped from the scene, so a complex action can be animated with greater ease. The battles between the Digimon were surprisingly ruthless and violent, although there was never any visual damage or blood. Maybe that works, because they're digital beings and not necessarily made of flesh and blood? At the very least, the human characters could have had a few cuts, as they're tossed around in the midst of the explosive battles.

If you're a Digimon fan, you'll probably like this. If you LOVE the second season, you might be a bit heart broken by the events depicted in the first episode.

Boku No Hero Academia just started up. First episode was actually pretty good.

If you aren't watching Part 4 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, you're missing the best thing to happen to anime in over two decades.

I'm aware the includes all of the late 90s golden age. It's that good.

Trygon said:
If you aren't watching Part 4 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, you're missing the best thing to happen to anime in over two decades.

Seconded. Duwang subs needed ASAP.

Also hot damn Josuke is already riding high in my favourite Jojo list.

MellowYellow said:
Trygon said:

Seconded. Duwang subs needed ASAP.

Also hot damn Josuke is already riding high in my favourite Jojo list.

I saw duwang subs for ep 1, dunno if 2 has 'em yet.

Alura--x--Uneii said:
Shadow Skill.

I love that anime.

I started watching Manyuu Hikenchou. It revolves around boobs literally.

wiki234 said:
Agame ga kill my favorite character died balut -.- -cry-

Balut is my favorite character too. I wish I could get him as an avatar or something.

3 episodes in, and Diamond is Unbreakable is already so fucking goooooood.

dpb6AjZ.jpg

Oh man that episode. Yeah, Josuke definitely has a lot of Joseph in him.

Ah poor Koichi. Life might seem hard now lil' man, but you'll ave an A-grade yandere waifu before you know it.

Goddamn, Bad Company is cool as hell. The name's a clever-as-fuck pun, too.

Decided to assign RPG character classes to the JoJos on a lark.

Jonathan - Warrior. Dude tanks harder then any other Jojo.
Joseph - Rogue. Of course. Tricks, disguises, and running away.
Jotaro - Monk. Speed and precision are notably monk-y traits, and he's the best at both.
Josuke - Paladin. He's really got a bit of all of his ancestors, but his willingness to tank for allies and healing ability make this pretty clear.

Bonus points: Old Joseph is a bard. He's the social grease for the whole party, and his abilities favor information gathering.

Trygon said:
Goddamn, Bad Company is cool as hell. The name's a clever-as-fuck pun, too.

Decided to assign RPG character classes to the JoJos on a lark.

Jonathan - Warrior. Dude tanks harder then any other Jojo.
Joseph - Rogue. Of course. Tricks, disguises, and running away.
Jotaro - Monk. Speed and precision are notably monk-y traits, and he's the best at both.
Josuke - Paladin. He's really got a bit of all of his ancestors, but his willingness to tank for allies and healing ability make this pretty clear.

Bonus points: Old Joseph is a bard. He's the social grease for the whole party, and his abilities favor information gathering.

Although I will say it's kind of bugging me that the subtitles keep censoring the names of the Stands, rather than using the names that are literally being spoken aloud in clear English. I dunno about copyright law, but I find it hard to believe they could get a lawsuit just from those vague references to song titles.

Can't even imagine what Kira's stands will be renamed as...

Oh yes, they absolutely could get sued over that. That 'clear english' they're speaking isn't written as clear english, and is nominally a foreign language.

In ASB, Killer Queen was Deadly Queen. So far, the subs have followed the game's lead, I believe

It seems a bit unfair, but I suppose there has to be drawbacks to Araki's music passion.

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Re:0096. I'm really enjoying this one, and I can easily place it among the best series in the UC timeline. I love the art style, and the animation is a notch above the typical shit you see in televised anime-- granted it has origins as an OVA. It won't have the same impact on me as Original or Zeta, but this one is a great inclusion to the timeline.

Back
Top Bottom