Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What anime are you watching? -thread-

RE: The 'what anime are you watching' Thread

I've been working on finishing Inuyasha and Boku No Hero Academia.

I recently finished One Punch man and Overlord and they were both amazing.

When I have time i'll start season two of Ansatsu No Kyushin, I really liked season one.

Season 2 of Shokugeki no Soma just started, and it's already great!

Perfect Blue. A very David Lynch movie, and it has one of the best animated, on-foot , chase scenes I've ever seen. There's a serious couple minutes of this film that's just so masterfully animated it's ridiculous.

Also, I re-watched Redline. While the whole middle of the movie is kinda slow at times, there's still more adrenaline in this movie than just about any anime out there.

Lynchman and Johnny Boy are incredible, by the way.

e3rbM.gif

Also like some Todoroki and Miki

MIKIandTODOROKI.gif

I'm so proud to say I own Redline.
And I'm so proud that I picked it up randomly at a video game store and wasn't disappointed at all.

Probably one of the best movies I ever watched.

Can't wait for Mob Psycho 100 to come out tho.
Summer 2016 anime's aren't disappointing me too bad.

• Amaama to Inazuma is hitting my right in the feels and we're only on episode one.
  • Honobono Log also slapped me in the feels. ;____;
  • Orange is also hurting me gently...

/deep feely sigh.

Oh fuck the last Jojo episode was so good. Action, suspense, high emotions, and a fair bit of comedy too.

And to top it all, the new intro hints at Satanic David Bowie about to make his appearance!

bee.gif

Seriously, I can't recommend the anime and manga enough.

I personally love Overlord and am hoping it gets picked up for another season. :) I am rewatching it for the fourth time now.

Perfect Blue is amazing and it is very Lynch or Hitchcock like.

I have been watching a lot of Gundam lately. Unicorn, Build Fighters Try and Thunderbolt. I've mostly enjoyed Unicorn though its a little weak in parts. Build Fighters Try was adorable and fun and what I want from a fighting anime (for the fights to take less than an episode. Take longer than an episode then the director doesn't know how to edit). Thunderbolt was... weird. I like parts of it. It is appallingly sexist though and I don't think its got a strong enough story there or design sense in mecha. The music is great and I think they wanted to be gritty and jazzy with Gundam like Cowboy Bebop but didn't manage it. Also, was there any female characters who didn't just cry, give in to men and showed at least two other traits of weakness at all times? Ugh.

Also watched Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress which was good but I hope they leave it at the one season.

I started Watching SAO again and its still one of the better Fantasy Anime I have watched.

Diamond is Unbreakable remains great. The Shigechi storyline will be done next ep, then we get to see more of Kira, and then the Cinderella storyline!

a85.gif

I just finished D-Frag! It was funny and I loved it.

Watching Diamond is unbreakable, Kira is super intense in this last episode. It was hard to watch what he did to Shigechi though a couple of episodes ago.

I tried watching the Berserk anime but I just couldn't make it through. So I started to watch an otome-oriented series called akagami no shirayukihime.

Fuck. Shokugeki no Soma season 2 is over, Mob Psycho 100 is over... One Punch Man season 2 is gonna be ages away...

Gonna have to find a new series to kill time with.

I'm currently watching karas. I just started however the action and visuals are cool, story is a little choppy but most are at the beginning

Keijo.

I... watch it for the 'plot.'

Sweet, delicious, bountiful tracts of plot.

So I'm starting to watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

...And I'm starting to like what I see thus far.

Okay. Two episodes in.

Dio is SUCH a bastard. And yet, I love that crazy heartless bastard.

BlisteredBlood said:

Okay. Two episodes in.

Dio is the most 80s anime villain imaginable. But damn if he isn't one of the best aspects of Part 1, him and Speedwagon.

But by the time Part 2 starts up, shit gets kicked into overdrive.

MellowYellow said:
BlisteredBlood said:

Okay. Two episodes in.

Dio is the most 80s anime villain imaginable. But damn if he isn't one of the best aspects of Part 1, him and Speedwagon.

1880's, that is. HAHAHAHA!!!

But yeah, the art style and character development screams 1980s cheese.

BlisteredBlood said:
MellowYellow said:
BlisteredBlood said:

Okay. Two episodes in.

Yeaaah. Phantom Blood really is a product of its time. I mean, Jonathan is basically a British Kenshiro.

But, as you'll see, Araki really hits his stride as goes into the other parts and develops a narrative and artistic style unlike any other manga out there.

MellowYellow said:
BlisteredBlood said:
MellowYellow said:

Yeaaah. Phantom Blood really is a product of its time. I mean, Jonathan is basically a British Kenshiro.

But, as you'll see, Araki really hits his stride as goes into the other parts and develops a narrative and artistic style unlike any other manga out there.

Strange as this may sound, but I haven't read any of the manga yet. I'm well aware of the game, but I get the feeling I've only begun to scratch the surface.

But that was the one thing I noticed hugely especially with Jojo himself in his "teenage" years that he bore such a striking resemblance to Kenshiro that they could've been twins in terms of art style.

Tokyo Ghoul.

It's always exciting and enjoyable to see a run of the mill concept with a new approach and refreshing spin.

I came to this thread seeing if I should make a separate thread for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but I see there are people here who love it.

I'm feeling an avatar/signature change soon...

Back
Top Bottom