Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What anime are you watching? -thread-

RE: The 'what anime are you watching' Thread

Recently binged on "Orange" and finished "Chihayafuru", currently keeping up with "Boku no Hero Academia".

I recently started watching Brothers Conflict. Honestly I don't like it. It's definitely cool to see a reverse harem, but the story feels really lacking to me. Maybe it would have been better with less brothers? I'm on episode 8 and I hate the main character, her personality is that of a brick wall. How in the hell is she so dense that she doesn't see that most of her step-brothers want to get with her? at the beginning of every episode they show a scene where the brothers say something about how they love her or how they want to kiss her and she thinks that's what brothers are supposed to tell their sisters? right now i'm forcing myself to watch the last 4 episodes to see if my opinion changes.

I'm rewatching Kaiji right now. Great show that does a good job building up tension.

I've been in a bit of a rut lately. Too many I'm planning to watch, too few I actually get to watching.

Either way, I'm currently sort of watching "Welcome to the N.H.K." and I recently finished "Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans".

I just started RE: Creators and I really like it so far after 2 episodes. I blame the intro song for half of my like for it.

My Hero Academia and Food Wars. I love them both.

Recently re-watched Black Butler to hype for the new movie. :D (Which was incredible, by the way. Well worth the wait.)

And I WILL be watching RWBY when season five hits this upcoming Saturday. ***so much fangirling***

Nabari no Ou. I read the manga years ago, but somehow never got around to watching the anime until it came up in conversation with a friend of mine the other day.

RWBY count? I am cuckoo for cookies. Om nom nom.

Just discovered "black lagoon" on Netflix. Is an anime i've always known (gee... I was at school and i Remember it being aired on Mtv [when it was a cool TV Chanel]) but never had the chance to see it. Now... I say, it's cool !

Eldrithe Whisperwind said:
I recently started watching Brothers Conflict. Honestly I don't like it. It's definitely cool to see a reverse harem, but the story feels really lacking to me. Maybe it would have been better with less brothers? I'm on episode 8 and I hate the main character, her personality is that of a brick wall. How in the hell is she so dense that she doesn't see that most of her step-brothers want to get with her? at the beginning of every episode they show a scene where the brothers say something about how they love her or how they want to kiss her and she thinks that's what brothers are supposed to tell their sisters? right now i'm forcing myself to watch the last 4 episodes to see if my opinion changes.

I watched this series all the way through, an I'm sorry to say that it doesn't get any better. Provided, reverse harem anime's with a strong female protagonist (or one with a personality at all are depressingly lacking. I had much the same trouble with Uta no Prince sama - at least the music in that one was good.

There are good reverse harems out there (Ouran High School Host club is a rare gem in the genre) but they take some picking through.

Have been watching Shokugeki no Soma and Love Live Sunshine! They're both a lot of fun in different ways. ^_^

Spirit said:
Anime was a mistake,,,

While you're entitled to your opinion (I'm not a fan of Anime either), the fact remains that $1.9 billion USD profit is far from a mistake. Also, this isn't a debate or opinion thread, as this thread is specifically to name the anime that you are watching. In the future, please stay on topic, thank you.

~ Prose

-SOURCE-
"In 2014, the manga industry made 282 billion yen (2.3 billion USD) in Japan alone. The anime industry brought in 242 billion yen (1.9 billion USD) in 2013 from the Japanese and international markets combined."

I’m currently watching an entire list of enemy. Here’s just the ongoing ones that I’m watching right now.

The Ancient Magus’ Bride
Citrus
SAO 2 (The dub as it finally came out)
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody
The Silver Guardian

I also just finished a bunch of series on Netflix though I’m beginning to realize that they’re focusing pretty much entirely on Netflix original series now and letting all of their digital content contracts expire. I don’t know how I feel about that because I like some of their original series but if they lose everything then will really be the point of having a Netflix subscription. That is a larger topic though and really not relevant to the thread.

Overlord and Death March. Suits my gamer fantasy needs.

They're also just plain great shows.

Overlord was great. I enjoyed that one. It was a good “stuck in a game” style anime that pushed the limits of what the AI in said game can do. It felt more like a high fantasy anime than a gamer anime. I need to rewatch that one.

Speaking of fantasy and gaming... Recovery of an MMO Junkie was pretty good. A little predictable in some parts, but otherwise good.

>.<

Well, double post for the win, I suppose.

Recently finished season 1 of Spice & Wolf. Working on season 2 at the moment. Very, very cute. I'm loving this series so far!

Back
Top Bottom