Dragons Fangs and Tiger Claws {1x1 with DarkMudkip}

She shook her head no, fresh tears streaming down her cheeks. "I just want my children back." That sentence alone sent cold shivers down Motochika's spine. Nana's attention drifted back to the half-drunken bottle, desperately wanting to drown in its contents.

"Children?" He repeated, "We only lost one, Nana.." He didn't like where this was headed. Maybe it was just the wine talking, she was obviously drunk.

Nana shook her head. "Mitsunari took our youngest... Not even out of my womb yet." More tears fell down her face and she looked like she was holding back a hurricane of anguish. "When I was improsoned, he found out I was with child, and run me through with his blade."

Motochika clenched his fist tight, eye wide, "Killed?" He repeated, like it was a horrible dream. He stood and paced for a moment, "You were with child and that whore son took him from us but you didn't bother to tell me?."

Motochika's anger only made Nana cry more, partly in fear, and partly from guilt. "How could I tell you?" Her body was shaking from her sobs. "I didn't know I was pregnant until a few months after I was imprisoned. I thought you were dead..! And when I found you, you didn't even recognize your live children let alone the one that never drew breath!"

Motochika shot up and threw the wine bottle against the wall, it breaking in a spray of glass shards. "You owed me the right to know of a slain heir, Nana!" He snapped, furious beyond belief. He wasn't mad at her so much as he was himself and Mitsunari. "It was my child too, for Mara's sake!!"

Nana let out a small cry of fear and covered her head, cowering from her husband in. She hiccuped and sobbed harder, shaking her head and turning away from him, shaking.

Motochika was livid, throwing and breaking things. He wanted to murder Mitsunari, throw him into the Sea of Ghosts and watch him freeze to death. He was angry at himself for letting himself get overtaken and removed from his family for so long. "Stendarr forgive me for all that I've done." His voice was strained with anger and heartache, "I have failed as a husband and a father. Two children have fallen because of me."

Nana huddled against the wall, sitting atop the covers of her bed, clutching her ears as tears fell from her wide open eyes. This look didn't fit Nana, all her heart break and trauma getting to her; her husbands fit of rage pushing her back into the state she had been in when the worst of it had gone down.

The Pirate Kings wife let out a weak sob, curling into herself and shying away from her husband, shaking in fear. It seemed that the best thing for everyone now would be some rest.

He sighed tiredly and moved onto the bed, hesitating before pulling Nana close to him. Morichika was right, the best thing for them was to leave. But where would they go? He spent the time it took trying to sleep thinking about all the places they could go that could avoid Mitsunari and the Empire. There was Hammerfell and High Rock, but the former was a scortching desert and the latter was mostly mountain regions. Black Marsh was dangerous and Elsweyr was just as bad as Hammerfell. Valenwoon wouldn't have worked, Cyrodiil was the Imperial capitol and Summerset Isles was where Motonari called his home. Really, what did that leave? Morrowind? A volcanic wasteland threatened by the very mountain they cherished, Morrowind seemed more like a danger than a haven. There was always Solstheim; it was an island Ieyasu had told him about once, where a good portion of his trading came from. Maybe they could go there? The Dunmer hated the Empire just as much as he did, he only hoped they had room for him and his distraught wife.

When Motochika took Nana in his arms, she tensed up at first, but slowly relaxed and pressed herself further against him, shaking slightly as she tried to make herself as small as possible.

Nana only trembled in response, keeping her eyes squeezed shut and her hands over her ears, eventually, falling asleep against her husband.

Motochika kissed her head gently and held her. When the morning came, he left Nana to herself, trusting her enough not to do anything life threatening while he worked on getting them to Solstheim. The captain of the Northern Maiden, Gjalund Salt-Sage, seemed happy to transport them for a small fee which Motochika didn't mind paying. All her had to do now was talk to Nana about it.

When Motochika returned to the Inn, Nana and Morichika were sitting by the fireplace upstairs, tears in Nana's eyes. Her hair had become streaked with white, almost not noticeable in the dim light; looking to Motochika, she gave a sad, but knowing look. She would leave her home and her son so they would be able to live in peace once and for all.

Motochika moved towards her and took her hand, "It's for the best, Nana. Mori has promised to be safe, and I swear one day we will return. But we need to leave.."

"Aye.. I know.." She said quietly, taking a minute in between her words to take a breath. "I've already told Morichika I'd leave with you."

Nana nodded in understanding, turning to her son and kissing his forehead gently. "I love you, Morichika.." "Goodbye, Kaa-san, Tou-san, I love you both." After saying her goodbyes, Nana turned to Motochika, bags under her eyes. "Let's go.."

The trip to Solstheim took two weeks, and the entire time they were out at sea, Nana seemed happy for once; at peace. Though throughout the voyage, Nana remained rather level-headed, her hair slowly turned a snowy white color, until only a few strands of black hair remained. Standing out on the deck, Nana watched the island in the distance grow closer and closer, keeping her eyes glued to the mass of land. "Will we really find happiness here?" Nana whispered softly.

Motochika approached her and put his hand on her shoulder, bringing her close, "We'll do what we can. We'll become fishers and open a fishery, just you and me." He told her with a smile.

Nana looked up at Motochika with a faint smile. "Aye.." A glimmer of happiness had returned to her eyes, returning as slowly as her hair turned white. "We can go back to simple times."

Back
Top Bottom