The Fourth Quarter Quell (Naomi David and Mercenary)

"Well, then I think it's time to rest." Thal said to her, sitting down on the couch. "Are their board games or something in here we could play to pass the time?" he asked her.

"I haven't played board games since I was very small. Is that what District 7 does to pass the time?" Shira spoke, her tone gentle and curious. But she began to rummage around for cards and board games.

"Just what some people do. I'm just bored. There has to be something we can do." Thal said to her before sighing.

"Wow! I didn't think these still existed!" Shira replied, her tone evidently delighted sounding. She found old Monopoly games.

"Alright then. I remember that game from when I was too young for the hunger games. Shall we?" Thal asked, walking over to her.

"Dog, why not?" Thal said, taking the piece and placing it on the start. He was wondering if this was normal monopoly, which he believed it was. But he had heard of other versions, even though he had never seen them.

Shira smiled as she took the thimble, and they started the game. She spoke,"What score do you think the Gamemakers will give you?"

"Who knows. I couldn't gove a proper guess. Not that close to perfect, I bet." Thal said before he rolled the dice. They read six and three, and he moved the dog nine spaces. "Maybe a nine?" he joked.

"I plan on getting a 12. I will blow whatever anybody did out of the water. I'm a natural show off. Maybe they may give me a 13, even though that is not a score. I just hope they don't have the force field up... Actually, I hope they do. That is essential to my plan." Shira replied, taking the dice, rolling them, and got a 12.

"Well, then let's hope these dice have magical powers." Thal joked. "But in all seriousness, the best of luck to you and your high standards." He said. Thal picked up the dice and rolled, getting an eight. He moved his piece eight spaces and bought the property he landed on.

"Ha! I hope you get a 12 as well!" SHira replied with a smile. She rolled, got a 7, and bought the property there. She was remembering old books, how they made tattoos... She was gonna get a few of those.

"This is the hunger games. There's not supposed to be joy to kill." Thal said with a smirk. He bought the next space he landed in and handed her the dice.

"Humor's good for times like this. Keeps a man sane." Thal said to her only half jokingly. By now, all the spaces on the board were taken.

Thal looked over to his hand as he felt her touch, seeing her hand on his. His eyes followed her arm up to his face until he was staring into her own. A faint blush appeared on Thal's cheek as he stared into her eyes, not knowing what to say next.

They were just sitting there, staring in each other's eyes... She blushed as well, but She placed one finger on her lips, and put the same finger on his lips. It was a sign of liking another in District 4.

"Uh, what, um, what are you doing?" Thal asked her, not know the district 4 custom. He looked between her and her finger.

Back
Top Bottom