Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Save a horse, ride a Cowboy (Charliesweb7 & pnw2013)

Katherine was a bit appalled that Krista assumed she banged her brother. Did she look alike a slut? She just frowned a bit at her. "Well I hate to break it to you but Ben isn't even remotely interested in me. Nothing is going on between us." She replied gently. Which was half the truth. She sighed, looking to Ben. She felt terrible. "Ben... I am so sorry." She replied, getting a towel for him and handing it to him. "Sorry." She whispered, heading back into the kitchen.

She quickly stated, "Hm, that's odd. I would've figured that Ben would be head over heels in love with you. Every other girl he's been friends with or tried asking out have been quite...homely. You are no doubt the prettiest thing I've seen him with. Honestly, I was kind of hoping you two were a thing, he could use the confidence boost."

Ben grabbed the towel, and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Forget about it, it's nothing." He smirked to calm her down, and started drying off his hair. He went downstairs to change, and came back up with a white t-shirt and cargo shorts. He asked his brother about the school, what he was planning on majoring in, what clubs or sports he was planning on trying, and if he knew his dorm roommate yet.

Well, Ben had just lowered his confidence. He broke up with her. She didn't know what to say to that. She looked to Ben and then finished up. She wiped her hands and then went into the family room. "Cody, I go to UT as well. Maybe I could show you around?" She asked him gently. She just wanted to see like she was helpful. Which she was. She just wanted to be nice.

Cody seemed glad for her help. "Sure!" He said, "I'd really appreciate it, Katherine." He smiled at her as he went over his financial aid paperwork. His mother smiled at her, "Thank you for offering to help out Cody. I'm sure he doesn't mind a helpful and pretty girl showing him around the school." Krista piped in, "Especially an older girl like her."

Ben finally spoke up. "Katherine went ahead and made all of us Mexican food tonight, do y'all want me to get you guys your plates?" He offered. He thought it was the generous thing to do. They had driven for hours, they could use a break and relax.

"Your welcome. I got lost on campus a few times my first week. It is a big campus!" She replied to him. She then looked to Krista who complimented her again. Katherine just blushed a bit and then looked to Ben. "Oh, well it is tacos, cheese enchiladas, spanish rice and beans." She replied gently. "Not a big deal but I figured it would be nice to cook a meal since Mrs. Beaufort, you always cooked for me. Plus, since Kritsa was coming home, I thought it would be nice." She replied, the timer going off. She went into the kitchen, taking the enchiladas out. Everything else was on the table, ready for them. She brought the enchiladas out, then setting on the table with some towels under it. "Dinner is served!" She added. Plates were already sitting there.

Each member of the family took their respective plates. They all enjoyed it, and thoroughly complimented Katherine. Even Ben flattered her. "So," Krista started, "you cook, you deal with Ben here, and you can last at least a month in this lifestyle. Is there anything you can't do?" She was eager to find out more about her, having missed out on her stay entirely. Ben, however, sat silently beside his sister on the couch while the two girls conversed.

Once dinner was done, Katherine put away leftovers and served dessert. It was a simple turtle cheesecake, the family raving again. It was nice to be very appreciated. His mother insisted on doing the dishes to help out, Cody helping. Katherine was later sitting down on the couch next to Krista. She smiled gently. "I can't bake a soufflé, can't stop my makeup from melting or chipping my nail polish." She teased. "So where do you go to school? A&M?" She asked. That was known for veterinary.

Krista laughed, "I don't even try to cook, I know for a fact that I could burn ice. I always either eat out or get something simple from the school cafeteria." She never bothered to learn how to cook, because she just assumed with being a vet, she had enough money to be able to get fast food and not worry about preparing anything herself. Plus, she had always planned on living with someone, either a roommate or spouse, and mooching off of their leftovers.

"Yeah, actually. Now we have a nice sibling rivalry going on." She joked. She teased Cody, saying he only picked UT because she went to A&M. But he really went for the veterinary schooling. "Where do you go?" She couldn't remember if she'd asked her or not, but didn't mind.

Katherine had a learned to cook from a young age. Watching her grandmother, helping out. She remembered the days where she would stand on a chair to reach the counter, rolling out dough or stirring something together. "I love to cook. I live in a house off campus so I cook all the time." She replied. Katherine would be pretty much the perfect housewife. Too bad she wanted a career. But she would take care of her man.

Katherine laughed gently. "I think my father would disown my brothers if they went to A&M." She joked. Her father had gone to UT as well. "UT. I said to Cody that I would give him a tour of the campus so he doesn't get lost. The campus is so big." She added. She liked Krista. Even if she thought she was sleeping with her brother. She looked to Ben, smiling. He just looked to be pouting.

Krista teased, "Well aren't you sweet! I swear, if I didn't know better if say you were trying to get in bed with my brothers." She leaned in and whispered, "That's my job." She paused, watching Katherine's facial expression change. She then let out a loud laugh. "I hope you know I'm kidding," she said, still reeling. "Not all country folks are incestuous hicks. Ain't that right, Ben?" She nudged Ben, trying to get him into the conversation.

"What?" He was barely paying attention, he was letting Krista have her time with Katherine. "What did you say?" Krista repeated herself, and Ben playfully agreed, trying to be in a better mood. "Oh yeah, she's right. Just because West Virginia decides it's ok doesn't mean the rest of us do."

Katherine rolled her eyes. "Again, there is nothing between Ben and I. Besides, I only like older guys." She replied gently. She then furrowed her eyebrows when she spoke. She knew she was just kidding. She looked to Ben who still seemed to be upset. And she knew it was because of the way she acted last night. She then looked back to Krista. She wondered how old she was. Katherine was unsure of what to say now. She looked down at her phone for a moment. "Oh if you would excuse me, my father had called me earlier. I need to go call him back." She replied, getting up and heading out the front door to call her father.

Krista waved her off, and looked to face Ben. She said bluntly, "Ok dipshit, what did you do?" She gave him a smirk and an unapologetic leer. Ben played dumb, "What? What're you talking about?"

Krista said impatiently, "Look Ben, I've known you for 20 years. I know when you're upset. And right now, you're upset. You have that look whenever she comes into the room. The look that says 'I fucked up, but I won't admit it'. So tell me what happened. And don't give me any bullshit, either. I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt like Mom and Dad, and I'm almost 98% sure you tried fucking her. So what did you do?"

Ben sighed, and told his sister about everything between them. How he had asked her to go to the fair with him, how they had played around on the horses, and how she had seen him naked multiple times. Krista simply shook her head at the times he was caught masturbating. Finally, Ben told her about what happened last night, how they had gotten farther than they ever had before, and how he chickened out. He told her how he felt like now she hated him, and whenever he tried talking to her, she would blow him off. "I don't know why, but I always feel like she's pissed off at me because I wanted her to stay. Am I an asshole for wanting that?" He confided.

Krista took in everything he said. "Ben," she started, "she's not mad at you. She's just trying to work out her own feelings right now. And when you are giving her space like you are, it looks like you're sulking. Be forceful, there's no reason to apologize for anything you've done or said to her. She'll forgive you. Trust me, don't let this one get away. She is a wonderful girl, and you're one lucky motherfucker. Don't you ever forget that." She grabbed his shoulders, "And no, you're not an asshole for wanting her to be close to you. But she has dreams and aspirations."

Ben sighed and agreed. Krista quickly interrupted, "But you do, too. You are so much more than this farm. You may not know it, but you are. And don't even try to disagree. What true farmer spends his time reading Shakespeare and writing love songs? None. You may not be a true farmer, but that's because you are meant to be so much more. Think on that, will you?" She smacked his cheek lightly, and gave him a hug.

"Kitty Kat. I was expecting this call after our first day. Have you learned your lesson?" He spoke. "Yes Dad....." Katherine replied, trailing off. "Can I come home daddy?" She whispered to him. "I have learned my lesson. About a lot of things. The way I acted before was... well stupid. I had no care in the world. I just wanted to have some fun. But now I am ready to go back and start over." She replied to him. There was a long pause. "Dad?" She asked. "I believe you. The fact that I didn't get a call shows me how much you have changed. Alright, I will head out to pick you up tomorrow. I will be there at noon." He explained softly. Katherine smiled gently. "I miss you." She added. "I miss you as well dear. Love you." He replied before hanging up. That was relatively easy....

Katherine sighed and stepped to the edge of the porch, holding out her hand to catch the freezing rain. She didn't hate Ben....she was just conflicted. She felt like he really assumed she would give up everything to be with him. And he seemed so upset. Maybe they would meet again soon. She was just now worried what to tell him. Or his family. Tonight? Or over breakfast? To tell Ben?

After having the heart-to-heart with his sister, Ben went outside to check on Katherine. He had a newfound confidence in confronting her, now. He opened the door quietly, and grabbed a jacket that was hanging by the door. He walked up behind her, and gently placed the jacket on her shoulders as she felt the rain. "So what happened?" He asked. He no longer spoke or appeared forlorn, but now had a slightly cheerful air to him. "What was the call about?"

Katherine looked back when Ben came out. Of course.... She sighed but welcomed the jacket. "Thanks." She whispered to him. She didn't want to tell Ben that she asked her father to come home. "He is coming tomorrow to pick me up." She whispered, looking over to him. She knew he wouldn't like that. "I am leaving. So I guess that is a good thing right? I don't have to be around you anymore." She added. She was talking about because of their bad break up. He was the guy she had dated for the shortest amount of time. Barely a day.

He placed a finger under her chin and asked her, "How could you leaving be a good thing?" He looked into her eyes, and kissed her. They had only been apart for a day, and he already missed her kiss. "I came out here to tell you that I stopped the relationship partially because I was selfish, and partially because I wanted you to move on. I wanted you to be able to go on and do great things, and not worry about me holding you back. I was never depressed or angry at you, I just wanted to make the separation easier." He finally admitted. "I told you I wanted the best for you," he recollected, "and the best thing for you is to go and continue without me." He smiled at her, the first time all day, "As long as you are happy, I'll be happy."

"So that this isn't difficult." She replied. She was surprised when he kissed her once again. Katherine lightly kissed back, thinking of last night. She pulled away and sighed. "Ben, I am not mad. I am just so confused. Because I gave us the exact same reason to you. That I was afraid of when we had a split. And you looked so upset. So I went ahead and said I wanted to date you. And then last night you just broke it off. And I feel like it was all because I didn't want to do oral." She replied. She looked back to him and sighed. "I really wish you could come with me. I still want to be with you...but I am not willing to give up everything I have worked for..." She added, inhaling a deep breath. This was very hard...and a little awkward. "Will you visit?" Katherine asked after a long pause.

Ben gave a sigh, "Ok, I'm glad you're not mad at me. I'm sorry if I guilted you into saying yes to me, I really didn't mean to. It wasn't fair of me to do that, and now I've hurt us both." He felt he needed to clarify, "Last night, I didn't break us off, I simply said I needed some time. I was too busy feeling sorry for myself and freaking out about going too far that I needed some time to think. And before I knew it, we were total strangers again." He tried adamantly to speak his mind as calmly as possible, avoiding sounding defensive at all costs.

He smiled and chuckled, "I wasn't mad at all about that. Quite the opposite, actually. I felt like I had gone too far, and I didn't want to push my luck. Knowing how I am, I would've done it anyway had we continued, so I stopped before I got carried away. As much of a pig as I sound like right now, seeing you last night was the most beautiful moment. I was just overwhelmed, and couldn't process what was happening."

He gave her a warm hug, and ran his fingers through her hair, "Of course I'll visit. Whenever I can. I don't have anything to go after, and I don't want you to give up everything you've worked for." He paused for a moment. "And it's like the saying goes: if you truly love something, set it free. If it loves you back, it'll return."

Okay yes, he said he needed time. But still, it was a break up right? She frowned a bit. "I just didn't know how to feel. We went from friends, to dating, to seeing each other naked and then friends. It was a little strange to to jump around all of that within 48 hours or so." She replied. She looked up to him when he said he would have wanted to continue. Well then maybe it was really good they ended up stopping. She blushed a bit as he spoke about seeing her. She still felt nervous for that.

She hugged him back, enjoying this embrace. But when he spoke, she frowned. He expected her to come back. That almost broke her heart. She pulled away and then looked at him. "Lets go inside. It is cold." She whispered.

He agreed. "One question though, if I may:" he stopped her just before the door, "What do you consider love? As in, what makes you, specifically, fall in love with someone? Because that's what I meant by the analogy. 'If you love something, let it go. If it loves you back, it'll return.' What I tried to say was this, I love you enough to let you go. I want you to be happy. You already know this." He laughed, knowing he was stumbling over his words. "And the second part of that, 'if it loves you back'..." He paused, "What I meant by that...was that I hope even though we are letting each other free, I still love you enough to come back. I would gladly make the effort to come see you. I don't want you to feel like you have to come down here. I know how much you don't want to, and it's ok. I'll make the effort for us, because I care for you that much." He held her face in his hand, leaning in closely.

He quickly stopped himself, realizing what he had just said. "Wait, and by 'love', I mean as in 'I love cake.' or 'I love Scooby Doo pajamas.' Not like...proposal love. You know what?" He stammered, "Just, forget I said anything."

Love? Oh boy. He dropped the l word. He thought that seriously about her? It freaked her out a bit. But then he clarified. She breathed a sigh of relief. She smiled and then pulled him into a hug and kissed his cheek gently. ""I get what you mean." She whispered to him, then pulling back. "Come on, lets go inside. It is cold." She whispered. She headed inside, shedding the coat. She looked to to Krista as she watched them. "I am heading home tomorrow." She told her. Katherine had no idea that Krista knew about everything.

He smiled, sighing heavily on the inside. "Agreed," he said as he opened the door and let her in. They sat back down next to Krista, who was getting ready to leave. "Why the rush?" Ben asked. Krista simply smiled and said, "I'm heading out for a hotel room out in town. There's barely any room left in the house, and I wouldn't want to sleep in your cum stains." She teased him in front of Katherine. She lightly punched his shoulder and hugged him goodnight. "I'll be back in the morning, don't worry." She whispered, "and remember what I said about her. She is the best you'll ever have, don't fuck it up." Ben waved her off as he saw her car leave the property.

There he stood, alone once again with Katherine.

Katherine watched as Krista then took her leave. And....oh boy....did she know? Well shit. Katherine lightly stood up, looking to Ben. "So..." she replied, looking down. "You could come home with me for a few days. I have my own place...." She suggested. Why were things still awkward? She was so conflicted with how she felt. She really liked him...but was afraid that he would only want her if she stayed there.

He turned slowly to her. Did she really ask him to...live with her? "I'd love to!" He smiled, beaming broadly. He couldn't wait to come visit her when she left. He caught himself, realizing that only a short time ago he never would've imagined wanting to stay with her and leave the farm. He shook the thought, and held Katherine close. He said smiling, "You will have to give me directions, though." He brushed her cheek, staring deeply into her with soft eyes. He added, "I'll try to come on weekends, too. If you want me too..." He trailed off.

She meant him coming to stay. Not live with her. Unless he was officially moving away from the farm. His arms went around her, her looking into his eyes. Katherine looked at him when he stared at her. "Are you...." She whispered, furrowing her eyebrows a bit. "Suggesting that we continue dating? But long distance?" She whispered to him. That would be so hard. How could she get to hold him and kiss him?

Back
Top Bottom