Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Stray Werewolf (open for anyone :) )

Jo took the clothes then walked over to a bushy tree and changed. When she was done shwalked out and handed him the damp clothes. After they was ready she started walking back to the rock just looking over her coin. She figured it coulsnt been silver or age would be sore from holding it.

Taking her clothes he said "figure anything out about it yet?" then he wrapped her clothes in one of his extra shirts and put them back in the bag

She shook her head and held it up. well it is shiny and its heavy for a coin... But I don't know we will see.. come on. We should head to town. Plus that woman is waiting.. you shoulsnt have been rude and left her up there you know.. she put the coin into her pocket and headed up the small path to the main one.

"Welcome back". Ash stood atop a rock, cross legged a ball of yarn pulled against the crook of one leg where it met her knee. From the ball a single strand was pulled feeding into two metal knitting tools. Her hands moved with practice ease, as she counted the different stitches to herself in french, the words muttered under her breath. Across her lap was the shape of a blanket taking for, another tile slowly being formed to be integrated into the greater patch work. "All is well I assume?" she asked more to Joanna than to Max. She looked down the bridge of her nose to the stitch being formed along one of the metal tools, before catching the site of Joanna, who, despite the change of clothes, came across as having taken a dunk into the water, her clothes longed change. "I am ready whenever you are" she added as an afterthought.

passing the question not aimed for him Max just smiled and said "so you knit? I took up needlework myself this winter to repair clothes... And we're ready"

Joanna smiled and answered ash. yeah everything is fine. I just needed to explore a little... she eyed the blanket the woman was making and smiled again. She remembered her mother making them when she was a kid. She never had learned knitting. I had to thread his needles for him most of the time.. but he is better then I am of course.. she put on her backpack and waited for them so they could carry on to the next town.

She finished the last stitch, allowing the second last of the knitted squares to rest firmly in place, before tying up the yarn around itself, tying it together using the tools themselves. "That's good to hear Joanna. If you manage to live half as long as either him or I, you will find that the mundane tasks of having a hobby will go along way of alleviating the burden of living this long" she said with an all knowing smile. She placed the materials back into the backpack she carried, slinging it once more over her shoulder before setting out on the path with the other two.

"yes yes, stupid string couldn't fit in the hole. and sadly she is right I was picking a new hobby every 20 years" he walked down the path kicking a small stone absently

Jo looked at them both she really didn't want to hear she was going to live for so long and have to adapt to the changes caused by time itself. Giving a some thought she decided to ask more about weres. so how long do werewolves really live? Are you saying I might get old like you two and have to go through the years like this? she didn't mean the question the way it sounded. She just meant she would have to grow and go through life in fear for the rest of her long life.

"I really do not know... the tribe I used to travel with had a legend how werewolves are immortal. Surely it isn't true, the oldest died fighting against humans" she let her mind wander a bit, thinking about the oldest one she could think of. The only one that came to mind was the leader of the pack who had been leading the migration for at least two centuries herself, and that was once she joined the group. Who knew how old she really was.

"Though who is to say? I find it much more comforting to have the time on my hands" she said to herself, before humming into a tune as they walked.

"well two thing we know, we'll always look this good. and you won't have to go through the years by yourself" Max said smiling and squeezing Jo gently. then turning to ash he said "what a fate it would be to be immortal I;m not sure if that is a blessing or a curse"

Still having that himan side to her Jo thought being immortal would be a curse but being a werewolf it was a blessing in a way. She smiled and gave his hand a squeeze back. She knew he meant well. She looked over to ash. so you was born a were... Is that really scary? I mean your mom had to give birth in her were form right? she didn't understand everything about the birds abs bees when it came to non humans. Jo was scared to have kids thinking they would be born as wolves and tear her apart inside out.

[What time-frame is this RP Set in. I asked brokenfang earlier and he said modern, but we are heading to a fur trading town?]

"It not anywhere as different or as horrifying as you are imagining it" she said with a laugh, dispelling and dismissing the fear of the younger girl. "You see, the pack I am from, it is transmitted through blood, and blood alone." she continued to talk, trying to explain it in layman terms to the younger girl. "As you probably know through the readings of your kind, in the womb, the blood of mother and child do not mix. There are exchanges of nutrients and oxygen through the capillary beds of the placenta, but they never do mix."

She kicked at the stone that had come to a stop that Max had sent up the path earlier. "So in a sense, despite having two parents of our kind, most of the pack is human until birth" she let out a smile. "So at one point or another, you and I were no different".

"It's when we are born, when the placenta is torn that we are given our gift, and it's from that moment on we join the ranks of our packs. The curse doesn't take effect until a couple of years later, around the age of puberty, which is when we learn to control our powers" she said with a nod.

"I am sure Max's pack was much the same"

[there are fur trading towns in modern society]​

"actually I was turned not born. I woke up in the forest I resided in until a few hours ago. I have no memory of my human life, or any memory for that matter from before I woke up. I can also Shift anytime I choose but I have to look like this all the time so its hard to blend into human society"

Joanna was trying to picture a werewolf giving birth to a human but finally it hit her. She understood what ash meant. oh I get it your born just like max and I was but you already have the curse in your blood.. so If max and I were to have a kid we wouldn't have to worry about me dieing... she glanced to max fast. no I am not pregnant... But I been wondering what if... looking back to ash she smiled. and you have no kids or mates.. your really pretty.. I bet you had to chase off men all your years...

[Sorry lost internet]

She felt a bit of pride at having heard that Joanna had found her pretty. It had been far too long since someone had been sincere about her appearance, and it made her feel a little better about herself despite the life of hardship. "Not exactly, it's at birth that we gain the gift, when the blood of mother and child change". She hated however, how Joanna kept calling it a curse, the very aspect having defined her identity.

"As for kids or mates. It's too hard to want to put anyone through this lifestyle. While I embrace it, others turn away from it."

Max's appearance Shifted a moment when Jo mentioned children and pregnancy tearing his shirt in the process but he cleared his throat pretending nothing happened and said "there will always be those who embrace and those who deny it on anything"

Jo noticed how max ripped his shirt but decided she would ask him later what was wrong. Looking back to ash she sighed. well I'm sure the people who didn't stick beside you would want to slap themselves silly now if they saw you... Oh look is that the town? she could see the town from the hill they was walking down. Before either one of them could answer Jo took off running towards the town in excitement. last one to the gates is the rotten egg! she yelled over her shoulder.

She lagged slightly behind, "Nah, I am alone for good reason...". She stretched her left leg, then her right leg, before taking a long leaping bound, several times longer than the standard stride of a human. She was already in the lead, bouncing between rock to rock along the path, darting through the twelves.

Smiling wolfishly as the bounded off he watched them for a moment than took off quickly picking up speed closing in on them more quickly with each step yelling "I'm going to pass you both then you'll both be rotten eggs"

Jo started to laugh out loud as she tried to run faster then them. Of course she wasn't that fast but she was slick and smart... Jumping over a few fences and sliding under a horse that was eating hay from a feeder. Just as she was about to jump up she heard someone yell towards her..... hey... You... You dropped something... turning around Jo seen a man holding up the coin she had found. She walked over and went to grab her coin when the man pulled it back teasing. She blinked and lowered her hand taking a wiff of the man's scent. She could smell the were on him but reached back up grabbing the coin he finally allowed her to grip. Taking the coin she started to speak up but the man practically vanished in a blink into the crowd. Jo would look around for a moment then turn to go catch up to max and ash. Surely she was the rotten egg.

Ash stopped, turning on heel at the sudden lack of movement from Joanna, before taking a few bounding leaps back to where she stood."Are we going too fast?" she asked, gasping for air, her heart pounding against the cage of her ribs. "Are you ok?" she asked again, before once more inhaling deeply. "Whats wrong?" she could smell the faint traces of another were near by, but thought better of it, she was probably just mistaking from the deep breathing.

Max turned and dug his claws both hands and feet to slow his momentum then raced back calling "everything okay?" as he ran. stopping beside them he noticed a strange smell "it smells like a Were here, but wrong somehow"

Back
Top Bottom