Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Stray Werewolf (open for anyone :) )

Jo sighed. She was still embarrassed she made the deer suffer a few short minutes before it was finally put out of its misery. Turning back to watch the path as she walked she turned a little red in her face. She wasn't sure what to say.

"there is a small trading town I have heard of about a day from here where we can sell these pelts and get more supplies and a room for the night if need be then we are going to traverse the rest of the forest" looking at the sky he took a deep breath and said "isn't spring wonderful so many new smells"

Jo spoke up. "I started traveling to find the man who changed me.. but I think all that changed when max agreed to come with me... I want to know why he killed my parents but kept me alive.. she would kick a few rocks across the path starting to grow sad thinking about her parents she lost 4 years prior.

"Ah, so you became one." She let the thought drift off. "I was born one, two normal parents and all that. As normal as werewolves can be I suppose". She drew closer to Joanna. "Will you just ask questions when you meet him?"

Max made a face and said "I don't know about her but I'm gonna beat him with his own rib cage" glaring ahead he bent and scooped up a pebble and throwing it buried it halfway into a tree

Joanna watched max then turned to ash. "well.. I don't think I will.. I.. he.. well.. let's just say he turned me with intentions on making me his.. but I have not ran into him for years and if I find him now.. It's not like anything will change.. I am mated to max now.. I really don't think life without himwould be so fun.. " she reached up to scratch her ears that had been hiding under her hood. "but if anyone has questions that would be max.. he has questions for the one who changed him.."

<<Yeah, yeah I get it already>> she thought to herself. Joanna made it quite clear that Max was hers, and hers alone, and that life without him would surely suck. She grew annoyed at the constant reminder, but she also envied having someone to call their own and to be with. "I see, one of those were-kin. It's animals like that, that give us the bad reputations we have with the humans. His ilk have left us in trouble."

She turned to Max, "Why not just live and let live? Murdering him now would not change anything would it?"

"it'd make me feel better" he said mirthlessly and walked silently for a while scowling straight ahead. After a while he shook himself took a breath and asked
"okay we've been walking a while now whose hungry?"

Joanna felt like she had said too much. Shaking her head no to food she moved to hop up on a rock and sit. She just sat there for a moment before slipping off her backpack and hopping down behinds the rock and started to walk into the woods a little to just get some fresh air. Catching a scent of fresh water Jo started to follow her nose to a river.

"Did I just touch too sensitive a topic?" she asked to Max, before dropping her belongings next to those of Joanna. "How reccent was she turned into a were?" She took the canteen from her sack, drinking a few sips of water, before offering it to Max.

keeping an ear out for Joanna he said "kind of and four years if I remember correctly" taking the canteen and took a drink before handing it back and listening for Jo's return "what about you? its not very often a pure blood is born"

Reaching the river Jo just took a seat by a log. The river was relaxing and she did not want to go back yet. Watching some fish she would giggle and grab a stick trying to poke them. Joanna was rather odd and random but feeling a little better she started to get ready to walk back but she noticed something shiny in the water. Before she knew she was on a wobbly rock reaching in the river for the very shiny item ........

"I guess it really was too soon to talk to her candidly..." Ash said to Max. She took the canteen back, the leather and metal bag half empty with water. "It might be best if you go and talk to her."

"I don't think it was... she needs experience with other were's though and these questions are common place for us... but you are probably right" Standing up and heading the direction Jo took off in he found her on an unstable stone up to her elbow in the river he called out "what are you doing?"

Joanna had been struggling to grab the shiny item. Not expecting anyone to show up she looked up suddenly when max yelled to her, she was about to answer when the rock slipped knocking her off and into the water. Getting drenched Jo stood up holding the shiney coin she had been trying to get. "uh. I was just getting this coin..." she said as she made her way to the rivers edge close to max. "I wouldn't have fallen if you didn't scare me.. but is it time to leave?" crawling out of the river she stood up and started shaking before ringing out her clothes.

Jo looked at him. "oh... Well I am fine.. just wanted to let you elders talk.. " she held out her hand to revile the shiny coin. She kept her head down feeling like he was going to yell at her for putting herself into danger for a coin. "It's just a coin.. "

Joanna shrugged, looking at the coin then to him. "I don't know.. just a coin.. but yeah.. you and her... Your both my elders.. " she said as she passed him. It wasn't that she was upset with him it was she didn't understand everything just yet. As much as she wanted to just be alone with max she wanted to have other company too. She would just walk back up the little path to rocks they had taken a break on.

"so you got on an unstable rock and were shoulder deep into the river for a coin. well technically we are but you and I are more equals than anything else" Max followed behind her

Jo stopped hearing him and turned to face him. "you don't have to say things to make me feel better.. i know we are equals but..." she looked down at the ground. "what happens if you don't want to be equal with me anymore..." her tone showed some fear but she was trying to be brave for him. "I don't think we should talk about this now... We should just see how things go.. if things change then they change right... Life is full of surprises and unfairness.."

pulling her into his arms Max said "not likely at all my dear" and squeezed her gently before taking her hand and walking with her again

Joanna hugged him back. Heeding his words it made her feel a little better but she knew that tomorrow could always change everyone's minds. Taking his hand and walking back to the rock with him. "I am sorry I put myself into danger for a coin but it has to be worth something... I can help out and pitch in with the money I can get for this.." she rubbed the coin looking at it with her free hand. She was still damp from falling into the water.

stopping and pulling out some clothes for her he said "here why don't you change. and I suppose I can forgive you since you are safe" lookiing at the coin himself he noted how it looked old but still somehow shiny. must be the river he thought.

Back
Top Bottom