Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Stray Werewolf (open for anyone :) )

Stopping with her he said to Jo "no we don't have to steal this time. The town gets a lot of trappers so I brought a few extra furs to sell."then started walking again pulling her along gently. When he heard the other Were returning her turned back looking at her and said "not to long"

Jo looked at him about to ask a question but became quiet again when the woman showed up. She just stood there in silence looking at the woman then to max and back to the woman. She was debating in her head if she could trust the woman or not... Max seemed to and he done nothing but protect Jo all winter... She finally gave a small smile but still spoke quietly still spoke." how old are you? Why are you alone... Have you been around here long? What's your plans.. why do you talk funny? Did you make all your clothes? " feeling just a tad insecure the questons started pouring out...

Ash stood on the other side of the man, stepping in pace with the other two as they continued to walk down the path awkwardly as a group. It had been too long since she last walked about with others of her kind, and the company was welcomed, no matter how awkward the air of silence continued to be. Jo stopped behind the other two, causing the other two to stop and turn about face. Jo smiled, before finally letting loose a barrage of questions, the silence finally having been broken once more.

"Woah, woah, woah hold on there..." she said trying to take in one question at a time. For all the questions they seemed to ask, they never really answered hers. She didn't want to go about giving them all the information, especially Jo that didn't seem to show any outward traits of their kin, only the man having vouched for her.

She let out a sigh, before turning once more and continued to walk along the pace. She supposed if she were to at least gain a modicum of trust, she would be required to open up herself.

"I am about a century and half old, give or take a few years. I grow too weary trying to keep track of all of it." she said trying to engage the girl in some further conversation. "As for being around here long, not really. I was taught at a young age to always keep moving, to always stay around the edges of the human society. As a result, I am not even from around here, I am from further north, from the french part of the country. It's why you hear me talk as I do"

She stopped talking as to let the girl ask further questions. They always asked about the accent, she laughed to herself silently. She played with the hem of her dress, before realizing the girl had asked about that too. "These were made by my hand, yes. There is always free-time to be had when you grow as old as I."

Max started laughing quietly when Jo erupted with questions and squeezed her gently. Then listened as Ash answered the questions patiently giving her some props for that. After she was done Max smiled and said "so... Grandma and the kid"

Jo just took all the answers in. But she still didn't feel completely safe. She was not going to ask more questions As of now " hey... I thought I proved to you I wasn't a kid..." she growled a little and pulled from max. She still hated being called a kid.

"Grandmother? Surely you jest?" she was dumbfounded by his statement. It appeared his companion did not take too kindly to his words either. "You aren't so young either, surely?"

Jo looked at the woman "I am 19.. I look younger but I really am a adult..." she walked with them but was upset with max for making her seem so young.

"Nineteen? No wonder he calls you a kid... Joanna was it?" she continued to walk along the side of the man. "Then again, that would make this guy a kid too. Guess you two have more in common with each-other than I with either of you." she said back with a bit of a jab at the man.

Max laughed a litle and said "you could say that and you'd be right, for instance we both have clothing that doesn't look like a magician threw up on us" walking along he squeezed Jo again.

Jo just walked along side max in silence but nodded yes to the woman when she asked Jo's name. She was not really sure what to say to them. She was only a child to them and it was starting to sink in. Hearing him talk about the woman's clothes. "I think her clothes are pretty..." Jo would mumble more but it would not be understandable.

"If you have that much of a problem with me you don't have to travel with me" she bluntly said. She stopped, looking at the pair. "She might stick with you through the thick and thing, I can tell by the way she clings to you as if you were the anchor in this turbulent waters. Don't expect me to do the same."

"Peace peace. it was just meant to be a harmless jibe." walking next to them Max felt as he had walked into a bee hive. Realizing not everyone he met was as understanding of him as his mate.

"Sure, sure, kid" she said, emphasizing the age difference between the two, putting distance between Max and herself. "Whatever happened to respect your elders" she jibbed back.

(Not trying to be mean but it not fair when you two just skip me.. if I am not needed then go ahead and finish the story please... But if I am needed then please stick to orderly postings... )

Jo started to fall behind lost in her own thoughts............

(Posting order.... Max. Jo. Ash)

"I've always lived by the creed 'respect must be earned, not freely given' and you really aren't that much my elder as it were" Max continued walking and looked around every so often to see if anyone else was following then pulled Jo back up to next to him and poked her ribs "what's on your mind"

Joanna looked up confused, she had started thinking about clothes and other things that had been mentioned. "huh... Oh nothing just clothes.. are you sure we packed enough..." she looked over to the woman. " so.. what will you sell for money? If your gonna travel with us you have to help out.." she wasn't trying to be bossy. She knew they was going to need as much money as they could get now they had three mouths to feed.

[Sorry was a misunderstanding in pms]
She fell back to the other two, matching their pace once more as Max took Joanna to his side. They seemed to be a truly happy couple, and already Ashelynne begun to feel like the unwanted third wheel. It was never fun when one got skipped over for a third party member, especially when their physical presence stood as a physical and mental barrier to the daily routine of the couple. She snapped back out of it focusing on Joanna again. "I have money, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. You guys just need to pitch in now and then and it should be enough"

"no problem there I have been hunting for quite a while and have amassed quite a collection of pelts which I can sell" Max said and reached into his bag and pulled about ten pelts tightly bundled together and showed them to Ash.

Blinking in shock Jo could not believe the woman had money. She was older then max and had money. That was amazing to her. She giggled at him with the pelts. "he likes hunting.. although he won't let me go bear hunting on my own... " she nudged max. "did you grab the topaz rocks? We can sell them too for some gold... she started to wonder how the woman even earned her money.

"Well, you are his mate you said. You are also young so he is probably just being protective of you" she added a smile to her face, trying to come across as secure. She knew that the girl had a hard time opening up, that is what the man had said. "Although inevitably you will be lead to hunt, we are all pulled by the call of the hunt"

"I like the rocks so I left them... they were shiny. and I told you before hunting a bear in these parts is just foolish" looking over at Ash he added "and she has been on a hunt, one of these pelts are her work"

Jo looked at him in disappointment but nodded. "oh yo just wanted to give me a reason to want to go back.. grabing the pelt that was hers she grin widely. "Yups I did it all on my own.. without max I would have never survived the winter or learn to hunt better.. " she was trying to be nice but still felt like a child in the crowd.

She ran the back of her hand against the pelt that Joanna had claimed, feeling the fur tickle against her. The material was very fine, tickling the back of the hand ever so gently. "It's a fine pelt, you could make many a thing from it. You should be proud" she said with a smile. It could easily be turned into any of the high end goods people liked.

Back
Top Bottom