Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Stray Werewolf (open for anyone :) )

Joanna caught up with them uh that man who picked up my coin smelled like one but he was gone before I could thank him... You dont think he is one that is going to hurt us do you?" she remembered max telling her not all were she would meet would be as nice as he was. She would shove the coin back into her pocket.

Ashelynne looked one way, her hair blowing about her face, then the other way. Scanning the horizon in the direction opposite of the path taken by her and Max, she looked between the tree lines, along the ridges and pathways. Who ever it was, they were not going to be found, not unless they wanted to be. She put an arm around Joanna's shoulder, pulling her closer to her own body, as she continued to scan the distance. "What did he look like? How was he dressed? Did you notice any markings or traits of his form?" she asked, talking directly into the ear of the girl.

Her perfume was ever so light, coming off the hemming of her dress that pulled around her neck, right where Joanna's head stood in the crook of her shoulder. "Do you recognize the smell max?" she asked, the scent slowly fading from the coin that was now hidden under the scent of Joanna.

She continued to scan the horizon before finally pulling away from the side of Joanna, her hand sliding down one shoulder to her hand, tugging at it. "We better get moving then. I don't like the feeling"

"it seems mildly familiar but I can't place it. and I agree we should head on"
Max turned halfway towards the city and offered his hand to Joanna

Jo still holding ash hand would take max's hand with her free one. She would glance over her shoulder some as she started to describe the man. he had red hair.. his eyes were really brown.. he had a scar on his chin.. he seemed really nice.. smelled funny.. like he only been eating bad meat.. uh... He had a long coat too.. but I didn't really see that much about him. Jo was a little unease with their reactions. She didn't think the man would have done much to her in a crowd...

Augusta had swiftly gotten out of sight. It was a good thing he knew tricks in keeping his scent down. He was still in shocked. He found her. After searching for four years he found the girl he had turned planning to make his.... But with her in a crowd of two weres and a lot of humans he knew he couldn't get close again without giving in and pretending to be someone else.... But for now he planed to just hang back and observe.

"I don't like the sounds of that." She glanced over to Max, who was holding her other hand, and walking fast as well. "I take it you don't know him either, judging by your reaction". She looked to Joanna. "Don't let Max leave your side." She had her suspicions about why a werewolf would track down another and not attack them. Either out of curiosity, like her own, or to attack them. If it was to attack, Joanna was still fine, so it couldn't have been that. That only left two other options. "What about the person that turned you...?" she asked.

"eating rotten meat is never a good sign for any predator. and I have no memory of my attacker but I rememeber there scent perfectly and that was no where close" He squeezed Jo's hand gently and said "no more races for now, okay Jo?"

Jo started tearing up like a kid who had just been scold. It wasn't them who upset her it was they was starting to scare her. yeah.. ok... I'm sorry... I.." she would walk fast with them not looking back anymore.
Jo kept up the speed they had and asked. "Are we going to get the pelts traded and leave?"

Augusta growled under his breath at the way his "prize" was being tugged by the others. Yes he called her his prize. It was her that he fell for and it was her parents he killed so they wouldn't be in his way. Reaching up to rub the scar in his chin he wondered how was he going to approach the trio.

She continued to tug on Joanna's hand, pulling her along the path as Max and herself easily outpaced her. She couldn't stand the fact she was apologizing for things beyond her control, there was nothing to be said other than it was not her fault. Let her mate do it, it was not her task. It was perhaps better to not have traveled with these two, who knows what they had pulled her into. A shiver ran down her spine, an odd reflex on a warm day. Her mother used to joke how it only happened when people looked or spoke evil from behind.

"It's not your fault" she said, more to the memory of her mother than to Joanna. She snapped out of it, fumbling with the recovery. "I just get a bad feeling about it. I feel we should take your pelt and trade it for clothes, perhaps even something to mask your scent. I don't know who this..." she stopped staying her tongue as they approached the first of people in the town.

"I don't know if he can track you easily. I think you and I should get you dressed up, and then skip to the next town." she pulled from her courier bag a simple leather purse, long brass zipper along the top of it, an antique by Joanna's standard she was sure. She let loose of Joanna's hand, fumbling through the money. There was plenty of it.

"What do you say Max? Do you have enough money to grab what you need? I should be able to cover the costs of any disguises if you get the food and supplies"

Max scooped up Joanna and tossed her over his shoulder without breaking the contact of either of the hands she was holding "no need to be sorry dear" turning to Ashlynne he said "I should have at least a couple hundred dollars worth of pelts with me so yeah I should have enough for food" as an after thought he added "sorry you got dragged into whatever this is"

"You do realize she can walk on her own" she looked from side to side, the people around her staring as well, "Not to mention that you are just drawing attention to us". She shook her head side to side. "What kind of disguise in clothing she would buy for her?"

Jo looked at them and just forced a smile. She now would glance back to see if anyone was following them. " oh I know.... Why don't we dress as nuns and a priest... Look.. " she pointed at a sign that read costumes 1/2 off. The first thing she seen was a priest robe.

She looked at the outfit, then to Max. "Look at him, he looks like anything but a holy man." she looked at the different displays, then to her. "Also if you were dressed like a nun and him a priest, you wouldn't be able to do anything that looked like breaking your vows. If you are going to dress up, do it in style" she said with a laugh.

Laughing Max added "She has a point I'm more likely to pass as a pet than a priest" then getting a stroke of brilliance he said "I can Shift into a very close approximation of a wolf only those who know what they are looking for can see the differences... but that doesn't help you two sorry bad plan"

Jo nodded, "Ok well maybe we can do that..." She started looking through the costumes. She found plenty of outfit they could wear. While she was looking she would pass a little window, out the little window she would see the man who had handed her the coin. Watching him for a moment her curiosity built up and she set her bag down and snuck out the building to go talk to the man... Walking out the store she walked around the building glancing behind her making sure max or Ash was not following her...

Augusta was standing there just watching the building, When he spotted Jo walking towards him he would stand there and look at the girl.

"Are you following us..." "Now why would i want to follow a group of strays?" "I don't know... But they don't like you following us so please stop...." Augusta smiled "Aw well then fine.. But We will meet again Jo.." before Jo could ask how he knew he name Augusta would slip into the crowed of people, She turned and went back into the store trying to sneak in before getting caught.

Ashelynne stood in the door way, arms crossed, a simple dress in one hand as she looked at Joanna, a look of anger across her face. She shook her head side to side, the brown bangs moving gently as she just continued to look disappointed. "Look, kid." she started. She knew Joanna hated it, but until she stopped acting like the child she was trying to disassociate herself from, Max and her would continue to bring it back to her face. "You seem like a nice person, lovely even. I know you didn't mean to drag me into this, and I know you aren't as stupid as you are acting."

She moved in closer leaning her forehead against that of Joanna's. "I need to know if I can trust you. We tell you to act safe, and you go sneaking off on us? What if the person chasing you was there? What if he had done something to you? I need to know now whether or not I can trust you."

She pulled away. "Max is your mate, and he would care if something happened to you. I on the other hand, for better or for worse, am stuck with you until we know what the hell we are dealing with. However, if it so much as threatens my life, I will walk out on you, and leave you to your own devices." she turned and walked back in. "So think twice..." not even bothering to wait for the girl.

Hearing Jo leave Max was about to go after to chastize her himself when he heard Ashlynne move before him. And afater hearing her tirade he peaked his head around the corner and said "she makes fair points Jo, but I wouldn't have put it as bluntly. Remember I've always got an ear out for you"

Jo looked at them both with her jaw dropped. She was about to smart mouth back to them but she just growled under her breath and moved to grab a hideous outfit. "fine.. I will just wait right here for you two to shop. I will wear this.." she tossed the dress at max then walked over grabbing a spot on the bench. Crossing her arms and not looking at either one of them she waited and watched their reflections in the glass of the Windows.

Ash walked over to Max, grabbing the gaudy dress that slung across his form as a result of the melt-down Joanna had. Her temper continued to grow deeper at how the younger woman was acting, especially in light of the fact that there was a person following them, and that as a result she might be putting them all in danger. Pulling the dress in one fluid motion she spun on heel, tossing it back at Joanna. "If you want to act like a shitty brat, fine! I am not here to put up with this crap so you can count me out!" she shouted, before storming out of the store through the back door that Joanna had been using. The door swung shut behind her, with the loudest of slams, the different people in the shop wondering what the cause was.

She continued to walk along the back alley towards the nearest main road, her heart beating the blood faster, her temples pounding. So much for adventures and good times, she thought to herself.

Max sighed and scratched his head wearily walking over to Jo he brushed the hair out of her face and cupped her cheek gently "We are only thinking of your, and by extension our safety, now come on lets go find Ashlynne, It'll be easier to keep watch if there is more than just us" Holding out his hand for Jo, Max stood patiently

She continued to walk about the city, sure she had shaken off the other two, her temper still boiling over to the point she wanted to physical punch someone. Ashelynne weighed the options in her head, debating going back to the forests, or continuing her journey sooner than she expected. She stood at the corner of an intersection, trying to make up her mind.

Lifting her up gently Max looped his arm around Jo's and walked outside and started quickly tracking Ash by scent. passing through the allies she had followed her scent got significantly weaker when entering heavily trafficked areas, Max made note of that fact and was going to see if it held true for he and Jo on the way back to the costume store. Stopping at a busy intersection Max looked around because the trail ended spying Ash he said "she still seems rather peeved"

Jo nodded. She looked around and spotted they was not the only ones following ash. She seen Augusta not but 10 feet from ash in the other direction. Before Jo even gave thought she would scream ashlynne! I'm sorry please don't go I want you with us! Augusta turned and started walking away from where he was. Jo noticed a few people turned and looked at them.

Back
Top Bottom