Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Something from the past (me and cheerio_cherry )

AdriannaWoke up the next morning, feeling a little refreashed. She changed into her new blue uniform indicating she worked in the science faction on the ship. She had breakfast with Elise in the mess before the two of them moved their seperate ways. She made her way over to the sick bay, arriving a litttle after bones. She looked around for him for a moment before her she found him. She walked over to him slowly and said "So, is their anyone else new?" she asked him softly, no one else seemed to be around, yet anyway.

Bones had turned as she entered, catching sight of the girl before speaking. "Good morning Adrianna." His voice was soft and he smiled slightly as he turned back to his reading, finishing his report before saving the file and turning back to the girl, noting her clean suit, that would change. Her question took him a while to answer as he called up the patient list. He currently had only two due to show up. "We've got only two due today." He spoke softly, his eyes alight with interest. "A... single mother and her brother... who appears to be showing a new illness." He smiled mildly as he added. "You seem to be clean... for now." He spoke fairly then added. "That's likely to change..."

Adrianna nodded and said "Alright then". She looked around for a moment and seemed to grin when he said she would get dirty soon. "I wouldn't be surprised" she said. She began to explore the sickbay a little her self, familiarising her self with her knew place of work. She moved through the area, looking at the equipment before she looked back at him.

Bones smirked as she looked around. She seemed unfussed by the idea of being dirty and he liked that. So many girls hated mess, and he disliked it, which made him like her all the more. Her interest in the ship's layout and his equipment made him like her all the more for being smart. "You ready to work?"

"Yeah, course I am, Im just exploring a little more...it wont do if I don't know where anything is" she said smiling.

Adrianna nodded and said "I understand" before she continued to move about the room, looking at things before she finally sat down on a chair and waited for their first petient of the day.

It seemed to Bones as if they had spent several more minutes in silence. After a while the doors opened, a timid looking girl entering. It was clear she was very close to tears and seemingly worried by her brother, who was following slowly. Bones moved to guide the young woman to a seat, looking over at Adrianna. "Adrianna, would you mind running the usual tests on the ensign here?" His words were soft, his touch light on the girl's shoulder, reassuring her. He could feel the ensign trembling and spoke kindly. "She'll be gentle Suzanne, don't you worry."

Adrianna nodded and she stood up[ promptly began to run the tricoder up and down around the boy, looking down at the readings. She pursed her lips a little bit before she looked at the boy again. "He will need a vaccine" she said softly, still looking down at the readings. The boy was actually quite ill. He had a rare disease, somthing that hardly ever came up.

Bones had crossed to her side, reading the tricorder recordings. "Well, that's new...." He commented mildly. His mind whirred as he sought the name of the vaccine before he spoke. "You know where the vaccine cabinet is, correct?" His question was quiet as he typed in the name of the vaccine, looking down at the hand-held computer. "Top shelf, far left."

Adrianna nodded and moved over to the cabinate, reaching up she pulled down the vaccine and loaded it into a syringe. She walked over to him and injected the boy with the vaccine. She looked at the boy and said "you will be alright" she said smiling.

Bones had smiled as the boy left, nodding at Adrianna. "Well done." His compliment was mild and he moved to help ease the pregnant girl back onto the bed, moving to gently check her vital signs and scan her. She needed to protect her family and Bones wanted to be sure of catching anything that may risk it. She smiled slightly as she heard the child's heartbeat, Bones himself smiling as he heard it, strong and healthy. Adrianna was the one he looked at now, offering her the tricorder.

Adrianna was happy when he praised her. She smiled a little as the pregnant women layed back on the bed. She watched him work for a moment before he handed her the scanner. She two scanned the woman and the baby. "He sounds very healthy" she said reassuring the women.

The woman had been smiling as she thanked them both, allowing Bones to see her to the door before leaving. "Your welcome." Bones' reply was soft as she left, turning his attention back to Adrianna before he spoke up. "So... first patients... how did that feel?" He asked it purely because some people needed to get the feeling out and some did panic.

Adrianna nodded at him and said "It was good" she said. She looked at him and said "It felt good to help that boy" she said smiling. She looked at him and said "I actually feel like a docter now'

"Well, I'm glad you feel like that." His smile was clear. "You're very talented." The comment was softly spoken and he couldn't help but like the confidence she was showing him. It was refreshing different. "For now we have a break... although I'm sure Jim will be doing something stupid to send us a few injuries soon."

Adrianna looked at him when he complimented her. "Thankyou" she said. She could hardly believe how happy he could m,ake her feel. She was only really used to the opisite sex making her feel miserable. She smiled a little to her self and said "ahh I see, he seemed that kind of person". She looked back at him and said "I bet your the one who has to keep him in line" she said grinning. "Or is that Mr Spocks job?" she asked.

"Mostly Mr. Spock... when he can." He spoke quietly but quickly, shrugging slightly. "I do what I can to keep him from killing the people we have down here." His smirk had returned and he looked over at her with a sly look, both warm and slightly teasing. "Luckily for me there's now two of us to one of him." He spoke with another smile now. "Might mean we can stop him killing anyone at all."

Adrainna smiled and said "well I suppose that's always a plus, no body wants anyone to die" she said with a smile on her face. She looked around for a moment before she asked him "Do you like it here" she said softly.

"Yeah." He smiled and shrugged a little. "It's a good job..." A beat then. "It did get a little lonely at times... well I guess now that's not so bad, there's two of us." That was the truth and he knew it. "At least now we don't need to be lonely, of course there may well be times one of us does want to be alone."

Adrianna nodded. Well she was glad he enjoyed it here. Her only motivation at tfirst to get to starfleet was to be spereated from adrien, but when that had not worked she had begun to hate the place. She looked at him and said "I'll keep you company". She wanted to like him. He seemed like suchba good person, but she was still having trouble truting him and she felt a little guilty for it.

Her words had drawn a small smile from him. "I hope you'll learn to like it here Adrianna." He meant it and wanted to protect her from being upset or hurt in some way. "Maybe someday you'll trust me enough to tell me what happened with that boy." He spoke kindly. "If not then that's fine." For some reason he wanted to keep her smiling and happy, she seemed so lovely and so hurt, it felt wrong to him that anyone could upset her like that.

Adrianna looked at him and seemed to look down a little and said "Maybe". She bit down on her lower lip a little. She turned and walked over to get her self some water, breathing in deeply. She took a sip from a glass before drinking down the rest before she filled it back up again and drank that one to. She looked back at him and said "Can we not talk about it" she saif softly.

Back
Top Bottom