Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Something from the past (me and cheerio_cherry )

Jim had made to speak and Bones stepped in quietly. "She'll be taking your place soon Jim." He had smirked cheekily at the captain, seemingly unapologetic. The captain had scowled and he smiled mildly. "Of course, I'm sure she'll be happy to let you stay in the job for now." He turned his attention back to Adrianna. "Care to dance?" The question was soft and he seemed proud of her.

Adrianna saw the scowl on the captains face. She seemed to grin a little and she looked at bones for the moment when he asked her to dance. She was abit unsure. She hadn't done anything particularly joyous in a long time. She nodded and said "Alright". She walked out onto the dance floor slowly, looking around as she did, taking a look around at the rest of the crew, trying to memorise their faces.

He had followed her almost instantly, seemingly glad to let the girl lead until they were on the dancefloor, his touch soft on her arm as he turned them both, his body gently pressing against hers as he drew her close, one hand resting on her back, just between her shoulder blades, the other positioned perfectly for the dance, her hand small in his, his touch remaining gentle. The sound of waltz music was one he liked and he drew her easily into the dance, smiling slightly. "I get the feeling the captain's jealous."

Adrianna looked up at him as he pulled her close and took her into his arms. She was feeling a little bit nervous. She wan't the best dancer on the planet, hell, she prbbaly wasn't the best dancer on her street. She heard his words and replied "I expect that he would be" she said as they began to move with the music.

"Guess I'm lucky then." The words came softly as he lead the dance, his touch remaining gentle on her back and she was soft to the touch, although she seemed a little nervous and tense. He smiled slightly as he spoke. "Relax Adrianna." His words were soft. "I won't hurt you."

Adrianna looked at him as he said that he wouldn't hurt her. She felt a pang of familiarity. That was exactly what Adrian had said to her. She took a deep breath and bit down on her lower lip and nodded. She hoped what he said was true. She had thought coming here would do her good, now she wasn't so sure.

The look of shyness on her face reminded him of the look she'd had when the boy was bothering her. "I'm sorry... bad memories?" He asked softly, gently guiding her around the floor before gently pulling her a little closer. "I promise I won't harm you... alright? I know you had a tough time with that boy."

Adrianna looked at him as he spoke. He spoke so kindly to her, a man so many years her senior. She found her self softening a little to him, and she couldn't understand it. She was letting him in, even if it was just a little, and she already felt vulnerable and wanted close her self back up again, like an open wound that needed stitches. She nodded and said "Okay". She really felt that he would not hurt her, but she hoped she would be not punished for trusting him so easilly.

Bones smiled softly, gently stroking her hair a little, finding that he was beginning to care greatly for the girl, the dance had finished but they remained stood face to face, his words soft. "I'm glad you came." He didn't want to upset her and he knew she was shy and probably still hurting. "Just don't worry okay." He didn't want her to be hurting.

Adrianna felt his hand stroking her hair and she looked at him when the dance had finsihed. She looked at him and nodded when he told her not to worry. "Alright" she said. she had to admit though, she did feel better, putting a little trust in him.

"So... should we talk about that idiot boy later? or should I leave it alone?" The question was gentle and he took his time waiting for an answer. He didn't want to worry Adrianna. She had been shy that time in the class and now she seemed to be relaxing and he was glad that she was.

Adrianna shook her head "Lets leave it" she said quietly. she didn't want to talk about it right now nor trouble him with her own personal porblems. She pulled away from him a little and said 'Thanks for the dance".

"It was my pleasure." His words were soft. "Have you eaten lately?" It was clear he sensed that he had unpset her and he didn't want to hurt her any more. His next words were gentle too. "I'm sorry I used you."

Adrianna looked at him and said "I haven't eaten since we left" she said softly. She heard his next statment and said "what do you mean, used me?" she asked a little confused. His words on seemed to make her more worried then she already was, becoming suspicous of his motives now.

"Well, if I'd left you alone you'd probably not be suffering so much." He spoke softly. "I guess I want to protect you." The admittance was quiet and he paused. "Look, why don't we get something to eat first... then we can discuss it..."

Adrianna looked at him as he spoke. She was suprised by his response. She nodded and said "Alright then" when he said they should eat first. She followed him to where they had a buffet like table on the side of the room and began to choose her food. Eventually she went with some chicken and salad with a drink, only putting a small amount on her plate.

He had selected carefully from the food trays, watching her as he selected the last of his food, wondering why he felt so desperate to protect her. He had glanced over at her before leading the way to seats, settling his food then pulling out a chair for her.

Adrianna sat down in the chair and began to eat in silence, eating with a fork slowly. Ocasioanlly she would look over at him before she would look back down to her own plate and continue to eat. She then looked at him and said "Why do you car about me so much...you don;t know me, all you know is that I;m good at what i do" she said.

He had settled to eat, letting her choose when she spoke. As she did his eyes met hers and he listened carefully. His answer came to him from his heart rather than his mind. "I know what it's like to have someone use you when you trust them." He spoke softly. "I know how badly it hurts and when I saw you in that class I knew I wanted to look after you." He paused, taking a drink to give himself time to think. "I hate seeing people hurt... that's why I took this job... and you, I could see it then, were hurting from that boy..." He fell silent after adding. "I didn't like seeing that... not when you have so much to give."

Adrianna listened to him. She was a little surprised by his answer but she accepted it anyway. She was still unable to belive that he had taken such and interest in her becouse wanted to protect her. She looked at him and looked down at her food for a moment and said "Thankyou..." in a soft voice. She slowly began to eat again and she took a sip of her juice and said nothing more. She continued to eat, clenieng her plate and pushing it forward a little.

As the two continued to eat he found himself watching her, his reply had been soft. "Your welcome." After a few more moments she had seemed to relax and he had returned to his food, wondering when he'd ever get the guts to admit to this girl that he liked her, if he ever would. His mind contemplated it and he sighed softly.

Adrianna looked at him in silence for a moment before Elise came over and dragged her out of her seat and said "Come on adrianna, lets dance together" as a more upbeat song had come on, she was dragged away and onto the dance floor.

Adrianna looked a little bit awkward standing next to Elise who seemed to be just all over the place. The night would soon come to an end and Adrianna and Elise decided that it was time to go to bed, get a good nights sleep before their first day on the job. She looked over to Bones and said "Goodnight" she said before she turned and left with Elise who was giddy with excitement.

They returned to their rooms, and Adrianna decided to have a shower before she rested. She stripped down to nothing and turned on the warm water. On her back she had several scars that seemed to be dragging down wards. She closed her eyes and relaxed a little inside the shower before she stepped out and dried her hair before she put on her bed clothes and weant to sleep.

"Goodnight Adrianna."

Bones spoke with a smile as he watched her go, waiting for the doors to close before looking over at the captain with a smile. Jim still looked pretty angry and he took his eave smartly, excusing himself before looking over at the doors that held the captain. He'd have to apologize. Once he was sure Jim had a little less anger towards him. He had headed to his quarters quietly, taking his time to undress and head into his shower, needing it before bed as he knew he was going to have to get a grip on himself around Adrianna, he didn't want to scare her away.

He was up early the next day, called to a meeting with the captain. He had gone instantly and before Jim could say much he had requested a chance to apologize, relaxing once Jim had done. He had needed to apologize and he hated the idea of risking Adrianna and his new chance at happiness. Now that he had given his apology he was content to let Jim talk to him about whatever needed doing. Once he was allowed back to work he headed down to the sickbay and settled to work, fully expecting at least one of his new people to be late, he only hoped it wouldn't be Adrianna.

Back
Top Bottom