Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Insufficient Memory-A challenge for IT (Wolvenrogue and Quiet Seductress)

Rick was relieved to be in the safety of the hospital, and that the babies and Kat were still doing well. He held her hand and began to relax a little. It was only then that he noticed that he was completely soaked in amniotic fluid from carrying Kat home. Just then the nurse brought in a set of scrubs and told him to go down the hall to the bathroom, get out of his wet clothes and put on the crubs, booties, and hairnet. She also handed him a bag for his clothes. Rick kissed kat, and hurried to change.

Rick would have needed to change anyway, since he was going to be in the delivery room once she started to go into actual labor. The heart beats of the babies were steady and show no sign of distress. Kat was doing well, taking the contractions as they came with as much calmness as she took muster and with deep breaths. The nurses were very attentive and did what they could to make Kat as comfortable as possible. When Rick came back in, the doctor was in and measuring Kat's cervix. "Wow, you're at eight centimeters! Two to go!" This made the doctor happy and in turn made Kat happy. "You just might be a very lucky woman Kat and have these triplet's with little issue!"

When Rick got back he was pleased to hear the good report. He sat beside kat and held her hand. "promise you won't hate me when you go through all this" he said. Then it was the doctors turn "Are you planning on doing this naturally or with anethetics?" he asked Kat just as he saw her wince with the next contraction. Rick held her hand and let her squeeze until it passed. He wiped her forehead and then waited to see how she would answer the doctor.

Kat smiled at Rick, "I will never hate you, even when the pain gets bad." Speaking of pain, she could start to feel another contraction coming along and she breathed through it while gripping Rick's hand tightly. "I...I want to do this naturally. I know I'm crazy, but I've been through worse." She looked at Rick, self assured in her answer. She didn't think he'd talk her out of not using drugs because he knew that she was pretty strong. Her doctor looked at her, "okay, but there's only up to a certain point where you can change your mind, so let me know ASAP, okay?" Kat nodded, but she was certain of her decision already.

Rick smiled at her words and her choice. "Ok sweety! I'm here for you. Squeeze my hand as hard as you want. As he rested his hand on her chest he noticed her relax a bit, and so he began to slowly massage her breast as she held her hand with both hands. "I love you so much, we will get you through this!"

Kat smiled at nodded at Rick, he was very supportive of her decision and knew that she could handle it. About fifteen minutes later, she was fully dilated and ready to push. Everything was all set up, the nurses were on stand by to collect the babies as they came out. The doctor seemed confident that this was going to be an easy enough delivery. "Okay Kat, you can start pushing once you feel your next contraction." Kat took a few deep breaths and as her next contraction came, she pushed. She was holding Rick's hand tightly, but not enough to break any bones. She kept breathing through all of it. The pain was intense, nothing like she had ever felt before and the feeling of pushing something out of her vagina was just surreal. "Okay, I can see the head, keep going Kat!" The doctor enthused. Kat kept going until the first baby was out. Kat started to cry at seeing her first child, but she still had more pushing to do. The sounds of the baby crying echoed in the room as she pushed out the second one. The second one came out easier, almost fell out of her, "okay Kat, stop pushing a moment, let us catch up!" The doctor seemed pleased, but didn't want to rush things. After a few minutes, they were ready for the last triplet, "okay Kat, one more." Kat nodded and began to push, but this one was a little harder. The doctor had her stop a moment and then start again. Finally the last baby was out and everything seemed fine, that is until Kat's heart monitor started to beep as her blood pressure dropped significantly, "shit! She's losing quite a bit of blood," the doctor announced and started to work on Kat right there in the delivery room. The nurses quickly took the babies out and with some effort got Rick out of the room. Meanwhile, Kat had lost consciousness.

Rick wasn't having it he pushed back at the nurses and forced his way back in. "This isn't happening!" he shouted. "We've been through too much together! Doctor she is going to pull through!" He stood by her holding her as they worked, never loosing faith. Finally after nearly 20 minutes the sounds of the alarms were replaced by the steady beeping of the monitor indicating a steady heart beat. Though her blood pressure was still very low, at least for the moment she was out of immediate danger. He kissed her softly hoping she might wake.

Kat didn't wake though. Her vitals were stable, but her body just needed the rest. The doctor assured Rick that she'd wake when she was ready, right now all they could do was make sure the bleeding was under control and that she was as comfortable as possible. He patted Rick on the shoulder, "I know this moment is bittersweet, but I'm sure she'll pull through." The nurses took the triplets to the nursery and got them all clean up and swaddled in the appropriate colored blankets, two pink and one blue. Kat had stayed asleep for a few more hours and then she woke up. She eyes blinked open and she saw Rick, "hey you," she muttered. "You look like you've seen better days," she softly smiled, noting that Rick seemed really shaken up.

"Well considering you scared me to death, I guess I'm ok, especially seeing you are awake and with the living. He asked the nurse to bring the babies. They hadn't seen them yet but as long as Kat was in danger, Rich had left them for the nurses to care for, but now that she was awake, he was eager to see them. the nurse rolled them in in their isolets and Rick held them up for her one at a time. He could see she anted to hold them, but before he let her he asked the doctor who had just walked in. " Not for a few hours" the doctor cautioned, "we don't want the bleeding starting again."

Kat gave a soft apologetic smile to Rick, "I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to scare you." When the babies were brought it, Kat was eager to see and hold them, but the doctor told her that she couldn't hold them for another few hours. Kat was heart broken, but she had Rick bring them over to her so she could at least kiss them on their foreheads. "They are beautiful!" Since they were sleeping, she couldn't quite tell who they looked like more, her or Rick. "I was thinking that we can name our son after your father and my grandfather, what do you think?" Kat had been thinking about that for a while. Rick's parents were deceased, but they would be so proud of him and all that he accomplished. "As for the girls, I was thinking Olivia Rose and Lauren Paige." She looked at her girls fondly. She wanted to hold them so bad, but knew that she needed to wait until she was a bit more stable.

"Charles James? Not bad!, but I'll tell you now he will always be CJ to me. I Know he will like that and so will I." Just then the nurse came in and after closing the privacy curtain around them she addressed Rick. "I have a job for you" Those babies are hungry, and she is about to burst. She handed him a breast pump. "Do you think you can make this work?" She set six 4 oz. bottles on the table. " I need them all full. I'll be back in half hour" Seeing the look of doubt on Ricks face, she said "don't worry, she will have more than enough to fill them. I'll bring more when those are full. You both need to get used to this. With three you will need to pump or she won't get much sleep. Right now she just has to lay still so this is your job." The nurse uncovered Kat's swollen breasts and left the room. Rick fumbled a bit with the pump at first, but soon had a steady flow of milk coming out and into the bottle."This is fun!" he said smiling.

"CJ..." kat played with the nickname on her tongue, "Yeah, I like it too!" She was happy that their children now had names, Lauren, Olivia and Charles; beautiful names for beautiful babies. When the nurse came in with the breast pump, Kat already knew what needed to be done, but she wasn't expecting the nurse to have Rick help out. Rick seemed a little apprehensive, but once he got reassurance by the nurse, he got to using the pump on Kat. It was a relief to be getting all the milk out, her breasts were becoming really sore. Kat smiled and just laid there and let Rick and the pumps do the work. "I feel like a dairy cow!" She giggled.

"Well for while you are in a very real sense, hopefully tomorrow the babies can take it directly though. Each time the flow slowed, he would massage the breast as the nurse had shown him. After about 25 minutes, Rick beamed with pride as 6 bottles filled to the brim sat on the nightstand. % minutes later, the nurse arrived, smiled at their success, took the bottles and left 6 more. "See how many more you can fill. I'll get some volunteers to feed the babies." Rick gasped at the thought that Kat might have that much milk, but accepting the challenge got right to work.

Kat understood the importance of breast feeding her children. It was a good bonding time that they needed for development. When the nurse came back and swapped the full bottles with empty ones, Kat wanted to protest that she be the first to feed her children, but since she could get out of bed and see to it herself, she had no choice, but to let someone else do it. "I don't like not being able to hold my own children, this isn't fair!" Clearly, she was upset about all of this.

Rick kissed her gently. "I know, but if you bleed to death you can't help your babies. It's only for a few hours more, until they are sure the clots won't break loose." He felt bad, and wanted them to bond as well. When the doctor came in the next time, he asked if he could examine Kat and let her hold the babies. He was very kind to them, but explained that the examination might cause her to bleed again, and that all that could be done was to wait.

Kat tried not to get so emotional because she knew that she wasn't out of the woods yet, but she was really looking forward to holding her children in her arms, she had waited several months and now that they were out, she had to wait even longer. When the doctor came in and explained that she just needed to rest, Kat was left further disappointed, but she didn't say anything. She knew that the hospital staff wasn't keeping them away from her to be mean, but Kat was too emotional to see things clearly. "Okay, I'm done with the pumping," she told Rick. The pumps were starting to aggravate her breasts. She had filled the second set of six bottles, that was enough to keep the babies fed until the end of the day. Hopefully by then, she'd be able to actually feed them herself. She grabbed Rick's hand and held onto it, "I'm sorry for being a pain. I know that this isn't easy for you either." She lovingly gave his hand a kiss.

"Your not being a pain, your being a woman, and a mother and you have every right to your frustrations and your tears." He leaned down and hugged her. He gently rubbed her shoulders and hoped that he could get her to sleep. "I will stay right here with you and the moment you can have the babies, I'll get them for you. Please try and sleep it will make the time pass more quickly."

Rick was exhausted from the ordeal, but tried not to show it, as he smiled down at her. He could see that their first days as a family were going to be a bit tougher than he had expected.

Kat smiled and snuggled up with him. He was right, she was just feeling the way she was supposed to now that she was a new mom. "Okay, I'll try and sleep, but you need to sleep too," she could tell that he was tired, there was no hiding it from her. With him rubbing her back, Kat eventually drifted off. She was so exhausted that she slept passed the few hours that the doctor said she needed before she could properly hold her children. Her body was recovering nicely and she even had color back in her cheeks.

Rick brought the babies in from the nursery and while Kat was still asleep, he uncovered her and put one of the girls at each breast, where they began immediately suckling, and took CJ in his arms and began feeding him from one of her bottles. He knew it would not belong before the suckling got her attention and she woke up, so he just waited.

It took a few minutes, but the sensation at her breasts woke her put and when she saw her daughters suckling at her, Kat smiled and got all teary eyed. "Hi girls!" She beamed and held them in a better position. They seemed hungry and Kat just let them feed until they fell asleep. She was head over heels in love with her daughters. Kat could feel that bond that she had heard about with new moms and she loved it. Once the girls had enough, one of the nurses helped to get them back in their isolets, but kept them in the room with Kat and Rick. "Let me hold our son now!" Kat stretched out her hands for CJ.

Rick gave her CJ and smiled, as he readily exchanged the bottle for his mother's warm breast. "And you wonder why we like them?" he said smiling at her. It was easy to see that CJ was where he belonged and that they were both very contented. "The doctor says you will be here a while, but they will move us to a more comfortable room, with a double bed."

Kat held CJ happily in her arms and fed him. He was an eager little boy to suckle at her breast, "seems he takes after his father!" Kat giggled and gazed down at her baby boy. Kat wouldn't pick favorites with her children, but already CJ was forming a special place in her heart. "That sounds good. I figured we'd be here for a bit, at least everyone is okay now." Kat reached for Rick's hand and pulled him down to sit with her, "I wouldn't ever leave you alone with these three. I will always fight to stay with you."

He smiled at her insistence. "Just a minute" he said. He went and got the girls and laid them on the bed and then sat down so they were between him and Kat. It was their first real time together as a whole family. At first it was a bit overwhelming. Rick didn't know which way to look as four pairs of eyes looked up at him. " Oh my God! this is all mine? How awesome is that?!" He bent down and kissed each one in turn, finishing with Kat. Her's was the deepest and longest kiss, but he loved them all.

Once Rick had the girls lay with them, it was a bit surprising to see how their brood went from two to five in a matter of hours. Every baby was transfixed on Rick and so was Kat. It was really cute to see. Kat giggled at Rick's announcement. Kat kissed Rick with so much love, "yes, we're all yours!" She enthused and gave him one more light peck on the lips. "We all love you so very much!" Kat leaned into Rick's arms while she played with each on of her children.

Kat looked up just glance around when she spotted a familiar face in the doorway. "Oh look at this happy family!" Her grandfather enthused. "So beautiful, look at my great grandchildren!" He walked over, shook hands with Rick, kissed Kat on the cheek and then picked up one of his great grand daughters. "Just as lovely as the day your mother was born," he spoke to the baby.

Rick smiled at Charles, and made sure that each one had a turn in his lap. It was amazing that none of them cried, and they all looked at him with wonder in their eyes. It was clear that he loved children. "They are moving us to a family room tonight" Rick said. " Kat needs to stay about a week, because of the bleeding."

"Well young man, you have your hands full" Charles said. "Don't worry about work until everyone is at home, healthy and happy, do you hear me?" "yes sir" Rick answered.

Back
Top Bottom