All That Remains... (Alexander May & MiseryChord)

He looked into her eyes as he brushed her hair out of her eyes. "You are then perfect partner. You will be the perfect mother. What you don't know, there are others here who can help you."

She nodded a little, stepping into his arms and wrapping her arms around him, burying her face in his chest. "I just don't want to fuck up our kid. Like my parents fucked up."

She scoffed but didn't argue. Looking up to him she smiled softly. "The baby is hungry. Let's go get breakfast."

He smiled kissing her. "Let's....also I'm gonna be away for the next few days. They can't send Wanda every time and I don't want both of us to seem useless." He said it teasingly as he looked at her.

She scoffed. "I am not useless! And can't they send Burns? Its easier if they send one of them. Its not as dangerous."

He kissed her gently, smiling sligthly. "Burns went last time before Wanda. If the same Sols keep getting enough food and supplies for hundreds of people they're going to get suspicious."

She felt a pang of fear go through her as she thought of Melanie and Wanda's story but said nothing of it. "Alright. Now let's go eat. I'm starving."

They made it to the dining hall and got their trays. She dug into the warm oatmeal with fresh fruit happily. "I never realized how much I would miss green apples."

She laughed, taking a sip of bottled water. Melanie had forbade her to drink the water from the stream since finding out she was pregnant and had added more fruit to her food than normal, of course with permission from Jeb. "Only thing that is gonna suck is when the cravings start. We can't just go out and get something ya know."

She grinned. "You should see if they have some prenatal vitamins you can get as well as some baby supplies so we can stock up. Especially diapers and wipes."

"Well you never know what could happen." She replied. She knew she was being overly cautious but she couldn't help it.

She smiled. "Are you leaving now or do you have a little bit of time?" She asked.

She grinned, standing and pulling him back to their room. "Then let's have some alone time before you go."

Back
Top Bottom