All That Remains... (Alexander May & MiseryChord)

Wanda looked absolutely horrified to have caused this to happen. She moved into the back to help John. "Heal won't work unless its an open wound. We have a doctor back at the caves. He will have to reset the ankle." She whispered, being certain not to frighten the woman.

Kallie tried to edge away from her, groaning in pain. Black spots popped in front of her eyes and she felt as if she had been shoved into the bottom of a pool. "J-John...." She reached for his hand before falling into unconciousness.

(Is that really true? I thought they used Heal to repair Melanie's wounds at the very beginning of the book?)

He took her hand in his, putting the little canisters away as he didn't even look back at Wanda, to focused on Kallie. "Then let's hurry and get back."

Ian started the car, starting towards the place as he glanced back at Wanda, making sure she wasn't in any danger.

(it never said for sure whether they used Heal or not. I was just assuming since heal was a spray)

Wanda sat there miserably. She reached over and brushed a bit of hair from Kallie's face, almost tenderly. "I am terribly sorry John. I assumed she would be okay since you were."

(You might be right I just thought it was Seal they used for the open wounds)

He held her hand tight in his. "It's......fine. The sooner we get there the better."

(I guess since its our story we could make it happen)

Wanda put her hands in her lap, choosing to remain silent as she watched the two. Her own hand reached for Ian's, needing it for comfort.

Ian's hand slipped into hers, smiling back at her gently as he squeezed it lightly.

It was a bit longer until they got there, and when they did John got out, carrying Kallie in his arms as he frowned. "This is a desert? How is this safe?"

Wanda hopped out, grabbing one of their bags with great difficulty. "Y-you'll...see." She huffed, arms straining to pick up the sack. She trudged towards a rocky outcropping, leaving the other two to get the remaining bags.

John followed after Wanda as Jared grabbed the other two bags, Ian moving to catch up to Wanda and take it from her. "Let me..." She was still to used to the strength Melanie had.

She reluctantly handed the bags over, an aggravated sigh leaving her. "I hate being seen as the weakling of the bunch." She grumbled, leading the group into the caves opening and down into the caverns. Before long, they reached the big room to find everyone waiting. "Where's Doc?" We need him." She asked once she saw Jeb, stepping around for John. "We found two more. She tried to run from me and fell. I think her ankle may be broken."

Ian sighed shaking his head. "You're not weak. You just haven't gotten your strength back to what you're used to yet."

Jared stayed with John and Kallie as they followed after Wanda.

Doc came forward, moving to Kallie. He looked up at John before proceeding to touch her. "May I examine her son?" He asked, holding his hands out.

He gently handed her over to the doctor, all the while remaining tense. "Yes...is she okay?"

Ian moved to stand beside Wanda after he and Jared handed their supplies to Jeb.

He looked at the way her ankle was twisted. "Hard to say. Could be popped out of joint or worst case scenario broken. Let's get her to the infirmary."

He started to follow him before Jared stopped him. "Hey.....going with him won't make her better any faster. If anything it'll only distract Doc. At least let me take you to where you'll be staying, then I'll take you to her." Grudgingly, he followed after him.

Ian watched Jared lead John off, brushing back Wanda's hair as he looked into her eyes. "It wasn't your fault."

Wanda watched as Doc carried Kallie out. She sighed, leaning into Ian. "I want to go help but I don't want to cause her anymore distress when she wakes up." She straightened. "I should go get him something to eat. They both look undernourished."

"The will to live in your species is a force unlike any other I have ever seen and I have been to seven other planets. Especially between two people who love each other." She replied, giving him a smile before heading to the kitchen to get them food.

He smiled softly watching her go. Then he turned and headed towards Melanie's room. By now she probably knew they were back, but she was probably busy with Jaime.

Melanie laughed as Jaime goofed off in hers and Jared's room. She smiled, hearing footsteps and sticking her head out of the door. A big grin came to her face when she saw Ian. "You're back! Where is Jared?" Worry crossed her face as she looked for him behind him.

"Two more?" Her face lit up and she came out. "Where'd you find more?" She walked over to him. "I wanna meet them.

"Wanda found one of them scouting a house. He freaked out until we calmed him down and he led us to his partner....she freaked out worse and hurt her ankle when she saw Wanda. She's in the infirmary at the moment now, and Wanda is with Jared and the guy." He actually didn't know which room they'd be put in.

Mel nodded. "Alright. I think I'll go help Doc with the girl. She'll probably kind of freak when she wakes up here." She patted his shoulder and moved by him, heading to the infirmary. Doc was looking over the unconcious girl, feeling around her ankle. He sighed raggedly, shaking his head and looking up at her when she entered. "Mel i'll need you to get Ian and Jared. Mybe Kyle. It's broken and needs resetting." Melanie looked at him for a moment. "Alright." She hurried off to find them.

Melanie hurried up to them, hugging Jared tight. "Doc says her ankle is broken and needs resetting. He'll need you two to hold her down." Her lips were set in a thin line.

Back
Top Bottom