Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: War of Myths Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
This spray catches him by surprise, stunning him. A growl of annoyed anger comes from him, as he tries to blindly dodge Xavier's attack. This doesn't work so well, as Xavier's cross slash catches him in the chest.
Tainted's damage: 43

(A rune staff is like a normal staff, except it uses the wielder's spell slots instead of charges. Example: Sorceress has 3rd level spell slot, doesn't know fireball. Has a rune staff with fireball on it. She channels a 3rd level spell slot into the rune staff, which spits out a fireball. Basically, gives more options for spells.)

(actually, i do have a level 0 spell that damages, but i never thought of using it due to low damage)

Her eyes aglow with arcane radiance, Chiyo stretched her hand out towards the tainted, sending red, cold ribbons of pure force into it, stabbing him in the chest.

Roll(1d20)+2:
5,+2
Total:7

(touch attack with ray of frost)

The icy ribbon doesn't seem to do anything, and the man laughs as he dodges out of Xavier's backhanded slice. "I'm afraid you'll need something a little stronger." The man mocks. "I'm afraid you'll need to clean up a little. Yellow blood isn't fashionable anywhere." Xavier returns as he dances away from the man's stab.
Tainted's damage: 43

"No, but a big cock is, and my stallion here has the biggest cock in Rokugan" Chiyo bragged, spraying the creature with another colour spray attack. It was proving to be a mighty opponent

Impotent rage at the implied insult crosses the man's face, just in time to be hit with the color spray. Blinded again, the man stumbles straight onto Xavier's thrust, the white blade going straight through the man's chest.
Tainted's total damage: 64

Frustration began to well in her. They have taken down mighty opponents, Ogres, Tsunos, how is it that a mere tainted creature giving them problems? Despite her clan' living in close vicinity to the Carpenter Wall, Chiyo has never met a tainted one before. Perhaps she underestimated the power of the shadowland. "Die already you worthless half-man!" she cursed, throwing another icy ribbon at the man.

(i rolled a two unfortunately)

The man laughs at her spell. "Perhaps you shou-" Whatever he meant to say was interrupted by a Bonecrusher strike through his head. The pustulant gore from his death Xavier wiped on a nearby unused cloth. "Exactly what was that? He seemed to ignore the pain completely. But he wasn't nearly skilled enough to be a martial artist, and bleeding... what he was bleeding could not have been healthy." Xavier asks, once they've left the room.
(Criticaled for a total of 58. He did not have much more anyway, but... Yeah. Critical seems to equal overkill, in this game.)

"A tainted" Chiyo explained, looking around for something to take as proof. She didn't want to linger here, the smell and the chance of being infected by all the fluid is not an appealing idea. "You did wonderful my Stallion, i'd fuck you here as a reward but..." she turned around to survey the mess. "I'm sure you agree that a bath first would be wonderful? Before that however...Let's get Shaitang here, show her what we've done" she said with a grin, knowing this will help her go up in ranks quicker.

"A good idea. Think this knife'll do to get her here?" Xavier asks, twirling it in his left hand after picking it up. "That last blow knocked it away, so that whole 'taking from the dead' taboo doesn't apply, and this ornate hilt seems to be about a Phoenix." Xavier asks, showing it to her before pocketing it, and glad he'd wiped it before touching it.
(I won't be able to respond to the next post until sometime around ten for me, so about forty minutes. Closing at work.)

There are many forces at play here and Chiyo realizes it. It does seem like the Phoenix are already under the influence of the tainted. When Xavier is away, she began searching the area for any magical items or things that she can use to her advantage. Letters, maps, anything.

(if i can take 20, it's 28 for search. Otherwise it's 17)

Chiyo does find a handwritten journal that implies that the Agasha clan head was, at the very least, advised by a 'Kai Fujii', who could have been the Tainted man killed here. It also indicates that at least one person in each Phoenix clan either has a connection to, or worse is, a Tainted member, judging by the comment of 'inducted influence' in the journal. There is also a general map of the area, but it doesn't have anything incriminating on it.
The corruption of the Shadowlands seems to have spread further than previously thought, and that this clan war may had more meaning than another scuffle in a history of scuffles between clans. It could end up defining whether pure or tainted magic will control the Emerald Empire.
Shaitang is lead in by Xavier. "Your Yojimbo said you found something, Chiyo?"

"I might have found something vital" She said, giving the journal to Shaitang. "It was a gamble, but they took the bait. It was lucky that my Yojimbo here managed to arrive in time...I must say, this man" Chiyo said, kicking the tainted's corpse. "Seems very..interested in you. He claims that he will corrupt you to his view before, and i quote, 'claiming your cunt' "

Shaitang's face is overtaken by raw fury for a moment, before she visibly calms herself. After a moment, she grinds out, "I see." She took a look at the man as best she could, considering the top had been sliced off. "I don't recognize him." Shaitang says, before glancing through the book. "This... this book hints at a conspiracy that would threaten the Empire on it's own. Joined with the fact that the Four Winds vie for the Emerald Throne, and..." Shaitang seems extremely troubled. "I believe I will have to ask a dangerous task of you once we reach the refugee camps, Chiyo. The Dragon and the Phoenix have clashed throughout history over magic, but there has been respect between the clans. This... conflict has lacked that. What I'll ask of you could mean the difference between saving or destroying the Phoenix Clan, and possibly the Empire." Shaitang says, before leaving, a look of contemplation on her face.

"It looks like this is bigger than i thought" Chiyo told Xavier on their way back to the camp. "I might have to postpone my quest for eternal beauty" she sighed,showing that she's not completely selfish. "Oh, you think that female guard is still in my tent?" she leaned in, whispering in his ears. "I think you should pump her full of your cum"

"Perhaps. But Lady Aya could care for any child she has. This woman may not be able to." Xavier responds. "I don't want any child of mine being a burden on someone." Xavier states as they walk to join the caravan. He didn't have an issue with siring children with women he didn't marry, since he could die at any time from adventuring, but he did not want his children to cause problems for the women that bore them. At least, beyond the problems children cause by being children.

"You think too much" Chiyo said, frowning. It is clear now the difference between them. One lives by a set of rules, thinking of the consequences of his actions, the other lives in the moment. Opposites, brought together by their love of carnal pleasures. "Very well then, let's just rest an see what Shaitang wants tommorow"

Xavier nods. It was nice to know that there were differences between them, but it was also clear that she acted on her impulses, while he lived by a simple, personal code. It would be interesting, he thought to himself, to see where this leads. The night passed, the guard waking and blushing after a bit, before heading back out. The caravan continues in the morning, even as Shaitang seems... troubled, the journal glanced at often. Eventually, they reached the refugee camps that afternoon, as the sun hanged low. There were dozens of visible tents, and the occasional rough log building. No wall had yet been erected, but that might soon change, with an earth shugenja around. Supper was served soon after arrival, and then supplies from the caravan were dropped off. Just before sunset, Shaitang called for Chiyo to meet her in the refugee's HQ for a meeting, and for Chiyo to arrive after dark.

She gave Xavier extra special treatment that night, riding him slowly, sensually, in every way a woman can ride a man. Facing him, facing away from him, and countless other varieties that no doubt required her body to be extremely flexible. It was her way of silently thanking him for saving her when he did, and their little dance ended with a passionate kiss, only after she was too tired to move.

She was both sore and relaxed when morning came, their all-night workout doing wonders for her mood. When she entered Shaitang's HQ, she was an image of angelic grace once more, the opposite of the sex vixen who just rode Xavier all night long. "Chiyo reporting, alongside her Yojimbo, Shaitang-sama"

Shaitang nods. "What I'm about to ask of you will be dangerous, but should hopefully fit your skills. This journal," She waves to the book on the small table between them, "reveals some of those influenced by the Tainted. I would like you enter Phoenix territory, and infiltrate the clans one by one, find the Tainted that are influencing those clans, and kill them. Whether you kill them or you reveal them for the Phoenix clan to kill them, or any other way you can come up with, is up to you. But the Tainted's influence needs to stop." Shaitang says. "I know this will be dangerous. I will not force you to accept. But I ask you do."

This is by far, more her rythm. She lit up at the prospect of using her charms and guile to seduce and make her way up the rank. The biggest upside is of course, is the fact that they will not sleep on the road anymore. Perhaps they can find a proper inn to fuck in. She's been wanting to scream as she ride her stallion, to not hold back. "It is..a big task you ask of me" she said, playing it up. "For the sake of honor, and the empire...I will do it" she said, coming off as selfless and heroic when she's really thinking of her own gain instead. "Will you take me and my Yojimbo to the nearest of the phoenix's territory?"

Shaitang nods. "Kanawa is the closest Phoenix town, and I can take you there. Unfortunately, I cannot enter with you, or go further. I have a duty to these people, and the Phoenix nobles could recognize me. My... arguments, with Taeruko Isawa are well known." Shaitang says, a dark anger at Taeruko's name flares in her eyes. "Thank you for taking this assignment, and be careful. It is unlikely you'll have any aid but what you forge there. I will see you after supper to begin your task. Please enjoy yourself while you can." Shaitang finishes, before leaving, handing Chiyo the journal as she does.

"You are a woman of honor, Shaitang-sama..I, however, am less tied by such codes as the Bushido. You picked the right person for this job, i assure you i will use all the resources at my disposal to uncover these tainted souls" she said with a bow. Once she left, she informed Xavier of their task. "It seems you arrived in this world at a turning point in it's history..that makes you sound like one of the heroes in legends" she said with a chuckle, seemingly happy about something.

Xavier shrugged. "A gypsy woman told my mother I'd live in interesting times. Getting to be a legend would be nice." He looked at her a moment, something undefined in his eyes, before it vanishes. "I won't be able to stay by your side the whole time. You may have to take other people's place, and a foreigner like myself would stick out in those courts. Can you defend yourself, or send me a message?" He asks, concerned.

"Tch, now how am i going to get you to impregnate the clan heads?" She said, smiling without any sign of dissapointment that he would not be by her side as often. "Oh i'll get some useful artifacts, don't worry about me...and besides, i can always find more lovers to be my bodyguard. I let you fuck multiple women, i think it's only fair i get to ride multiple cocks, no?"

Xavier sighed, with a wistful grin. "Much as I'd like to say no, I can't. You might need to. I'm always going to be around as often as I can, but... I don't fit in. Chiyo, I want you to be safe. No matter what, we're _friends_, at the very least. I'd prefer to have you to myself, but you've got skills that can help this place, from somewhere I can't get to. It's a more mental, political battle, and I'm a physical kind of guy. I can spot the head games, but play them?" Xavier shakes his head. "So, no matter how deep you go, promise you won't lose yourself, and become something like that Tainted guy, okay?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom