Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Great Hall

16lz21v.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Ashley Shannon Palin
House/Year: First, unsorted
Blood Type: Half-blood
Wand: Red Oak, 10 inches, Granian tail hair, supple and flexible
Broom: (if you have one on hand)
Attire: Travel cloak over basic Hogwarts uniform
Travel: N/A
Tagging: Alice, Riku

As the food started appearing, Ashley minded her manners and responded to Alice's question and comments first. She may have been many things to her parents that were "disappointing", but she was always a lady when it counted. She smiled, nodding to both Alice and Riku, very pleased with giving her answer.

"Actually yes, as I am so looking forward to it. I am hoping to get to know a lot of people at the mixer, and to have some fun as well. As for Hogsdale, I got only a bit of passing looks at it, but I already have a few places I would like to look in and pick up a few things."

Her family was well off, but one thing that she did heed was her father's investment advice. She was not going to brag about it, but she did make a bit of coin with some of the investments she made, and transferred it into wizarding money. She was also generous, almost in a bad way she was told, but she never intended to buy friends. If she has it, she helps others, and she hoped her new friends could handle that her generosity NEVER had strings attached.

"I just hope that the both of you also want to go into town whenever it is planned as well."

20svebm.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: Renee Eve Arizona Marvolo LeStrange (Renee, Eve)
House/Year: First Year
Blood Type: half-blood
Wand: 10 inch Rowan, chimera mane hair, flexible with a riding crop for its handle
Broom: (in room)
Attire: Basic Hogwarts Uni uniform
Travel: n/a
Tagging: Zoe, Samuel, others possibly at the Gryffindor table

When the food and beverages appeared on the table, she smiled as there were some of her favorites from Australia and New Zealand on the table. She giggled softly, something she allowed herself a bit more those days. She already had a lot to deal with as far as her "destiny", something she would have no trouble relating she found deeply repugnant in the extreme. She turned to Zoe, very eager to talk if Zoe were so inclined.

"I really am excited to be here, particularly as this is my sponsor's Alma Mater. I really want to get the full experience, and I am very happy to meet you, Zoe. That is a lovely name."

She was happy, but she toned her own enthusiasm down a bit. She was a mix of pleasures: she was in the House she wanted, already was making a friend, was getting to eat, and there were several selections that she felt were at least partly geared for her.

2r23dvs.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: Samual Christopher Anderson (Sam, Chris, Andy)
House/Year: Gryffindor, Sixth year
Blood Type: Full
Wand: 12 inches, Sycamore, Dragon heartstring, flexible, attached to the hilt of a Royal Navy cutlass.
Broom: Not yet
Attire: Gryffindor travel uniform
Tagging: Zoe, Renee others at the Gryfinndor table

After nodding again to Zoe and Renee, as well as a few of the older students, Samuel did the normal thing and started to dig in. He moved several sausages onto his plate, smiling when he realized there was crocodile meat in one of them. It had been ages since he had had Australian and New Zealand cuisine, and this was a bit rarer, at least for the uneducated palate, but good. He had a bit of an exchange from one of the other older Gryffindors, and he assured him that he intended to keep his standing on the Dueling Club. It was a little daunting, finding out that Magnus was there, but he assured the fellow that Prof. Magnus was intense, but fair, in all things.

canstock8508889.jpg
f4hhev.gif

Name:Samson Alexander
House/Year:Hufflepuf/3rd
Blood Type:Half
Wand:Elm, 10 inches, phoenix feather
Broom:None
Attire:Generic uniform for Hogwarts
Travel:N/A
Tagging:anyone

canstock7377586.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name:Zoe Alexander (full name and nickname, if your character has one)
House/Year:Gryffindor/1st
Blood Type:Full
Wand:Rosewood, 8 1/2 inch, uniform hair
Broom:None (if you have one on hand)
Tagging:watching Ceremony, talks to Renee, most likely overheard by sam

Samson watched as Emilia had slipped away from the table. He could tell something was seriously bothering her, but he took a deep breath, and figured that she would be able to figure it out on her own. He would try to cheer her up when she got back, if he could. He figured, that his first friend had some shyness issues for other deeper reasons, but didn't know just what they were. He leaned back and watched the activies that were going on, as he ate quietly.

Zoe looked at the food gathering up some of the berries and veggies and making a kind of imprompt too salad and smiled at the comment. "Aww, really that is amazing, I mean, this place would have a rich connection for you. My parents both graduated from here, if memory serves me right. Also thank you, you have a very nice name as well Renee," she commented a small smile always ever present on the rather upbeat young woman's face.

"Then again, this is my first time to be in a school ever, I was um home school to this point, never left home till today," she commented, "so many new things to see, and so much to learn about," she mused outloud, as she rubbed her fingers over her chin thinking for a moment. It was all new to her, and well she had been looking forward to this new place, for a while. She was going to do her all to enjoy her time, that much she knew for sure.

5evf4o.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Alice Katherine Snow, Alice
House/Year: Ravenclaw/4th year
Blood Type: Muggle-born
Wand: Cherry, 10in, Unicorn Hair, Swishy
Broom: Doesn't have one.
Attire: Ravenclaw uniform and robes.
Travel: Not Applicable
Tagging: Anyone; Talking to Ashley, Riku

Alice smiled as the food appeared and breathed in deeply the delicious aromas of all her favorite dishes and no doubt the favorites of her fellow Ravenclaws. Looking at both Ashley and Riku, she then nodded as she reached for one of her favorite curry dishes.

"Yes, most definitely. I'd love to plan a trip into town. Perhaps we could all go in together one of these weekends and have a girls day. That would be fun. I haven't done something like that, well, ever."

Alice blushed a bit at the admission. The only other female friend she'd ever really had was Lori and though she loved her dearly, it would be nice to have other female friends as well so that they could all share some time together as a group. It would be good for all of them she thought. Lori would always be her dearest friend, but it would be nice to have fun with others as well. And she knew Lori would agree with her there.

"There's also an island a few miles out from the town, Hogsmill Island. I haven't been there yet myself. But I've heard it's beautiful. Romantic," Alice giggled. "So, if you have a significant other to share your time with, rumor has it, it's the place to go for a getaway."

16lz21v.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Ashley blushed a little, as she was not thinking about that sort of thing just yet. She was very pleased, though, to hear about the idea of a girls' day. She liked the thought of spending time with friends, as it would allow for more chances of getting to be more of an average young woman. She missed out on some things because of her parents, but not because they were strict. It was more of that they didn't really know what to do with her at times.

"I really would like the idea of spending the weekend in town, as I have heard that it is alright to stay off-campus just not out of the town limits. Though I wonder if that means you cannot go into the Forest? I know that we are to be careful.. but I would think that we could still go in areas of it..."

Ashley was enjoying all of her food, especially the eclectic mixture of things. She sampled the curry, seeing why Alice liked it from how she was eating it. She also like the Phad Thai and some of the other Asian food, but she also liked some of the traditional favorites of Britain like the bangers she had also on a plate close by. She paused in eating, having sipped her tea and smiled at Riku.

"What do you think about a girls' day out in town.. or perhaps a weekend?"

1em8le.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name:Riku Taven
House/Year:1st year/Ravenclaw
Blood Type:Muggle Born
Wand:Maple, 9.5 inches, slightly springy and pleasant.Hair from Centaur's tail Core
Broom:Don't have one
Attire:Standard Hogwarts Uniform
Tagging:Alice, Ashley

Riku smiled as the food appeared and listened as Alice and Ashley spoke, she would indeed like to spend a day in town with just the girls and when Ashley asked her eyes lit up and she couldn't help but smile. "I would really like that very much it'll be nice to hang out with you guys and get to know my fellow housemates" ,Riku said in response. She grabbed a plate and filled it with a few different things and began to eat, she was terribly hungry not having ate since she had left home.

350szee.jpg
scb0j4.jpg

Name: Katy swift
House/Year:unsorted /first year
Blood Type:half
Wand:Chestnut, light brown , 6in, unicorn hair
Attire:the schools robes with a black tshirt with a white tiger on it with blue jeans and black and white sneakers
Tagging:Nicko maybe
Katy looked over at Nicko and gave the boy a small smile. she knew she had seen him before and thought maybe he would like to go with her to the mixer seeing as they were both new and both in the same house. Katy went back to take a bite out of her steak then looking back up after swallowing her bite she wiped her mouth and said "So Nicko want to come with me to the mixer"? She hoped he had not already made plans to go with someone else.

ne6m87.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Name: Nickolai Dominique, Nicko
House/Year:1st year/Slytherin
Blood Type:Pure Blood
Wand: Willow, 10 and a quarter inches, flexible.Veela Hair Core
Broom: Don't have one
Tagging:Katy

Nicko made a plate of food as soon as it appeared in front of him, this place had everything that he could want. As he was eating he noticed a girl smile at him, he had met her in the corridors when they had first arrived. Nicko returned the smile then took a few bites of his food as well. When she had asked if he would like to go to the mixer with her he looked over at her again, "Of course I would like to go with you, I think it will be fun" ,he said in response. He was glad someone had asked him to go with them.

16lz21v.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Ashley smiled, very pleased. She liked the idea more and more, and then thought of something. She then turned, looking over first at Katy at the Slytherin table, then at Zoe and Renee at the Gryffindor table before at the redheaded older student at the Hufflepuff table. She ate a bit more of the meat pie that she had, the blend of lamb and pork very savory. She then looked at both Alice and Riku, a little sheepish as she asked her question.

"If you want it to be just the three of us.. that is cool. But if not.. perhaps we could invite some of the others? I mean, the more the merrier I am hoping. It is always good to have others to share tastes in things.. ideas.. stories... all around fun."

She smiled, not feeling too bad as she really was wanting to get to know everyone that was now part of her first year. It may have not been first year for all of them, but still she really did feel the more the merrier would work.

20svebm.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Wand: 10 inch Rowan, chimera mane hair, flexible with a riding crop for its handle

"Actually, with my parents... my adoptive parents... they had diplomatic duties that caused us to have to move around a bit. I did attend schools, but they also had excellent tutors who also helped. Kind of giving me a good mix but also allowing me to get a good bit ahead on the standard stuff as well as some of the classes here. I am just glad I am not the only one that didn't have a 'traditional education'."

Renee was smiling about that, the look that a couple of Slytherin male students were giving her not lost on her. She was not bragging, but she also was not letting on that some of that "tutoring" involved learning things other than magic and school subjects. In addition to learning beginning spells, charms, and the like for magic as well as math, science, and languages, there were things like Krav Maga, Jun Fan, and "Jailhouse Rock" in her learning as well. She the continued, after making herself a nice salad as well.. two in fact: one regular and one fruit. She loved eating balanced meals, and she continued talking to Zoe.

"So do you know much about the town? I didn't get the chance to learn or find out much of it's history, so I am very curious."

2r23dvs.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Wand: 12 inches, Sycamore, Dragon heartstring, flexible, attached to the hilt of a Royal Navy cutlass.

Same did overhear some of what Zoe and Renee were discussing, but a discreet look from Renee made him look over at the Slytherin table as well. He also didn't like the stolen looks from the two fourth year boys, and he already knew that, as a Prefect, he was going to have to deal with that very soon. The Slytherin Prefect, a very staunch anti-purist, most likely would need a hand. While the guy was not a slouch, nor without backup from his own House, this was going to be a mess already.. even never physical if he could help it.

5evf4o.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Alice nodded and smiled at Ashley. "I'd love to do a girls day or weekend in town. I think that would be fun. I have another friend in our beloved Ravenclaw, though she's not here yet. Her name is Lori. She could join us as well and she's a sixth year. I think that would be lovely and that she'd be game as well. And I'd love inviting others also."

Alice gave both Ashley and Riku another warm smile, happy to have made friends and feeling such positive vibes from her housemates. She then glanced over at Gryffindor table to see how Sam was faring. He seemed at home as ever, chatting it up with older and newer Gryffindors alike. She admired his charisma and ability to talk to others so easily. This was a fortunate year that her new housemates were so amiable and outgoing enough that she felt comfortable. And it helped that just before the ceremony Sam had professed his feelings giving her a boost of confidence that she normally didn't have.

Turning back to both Ashley and Riku, Alice continued conversation. "Though I wouldn't venture into the forest without proper guidance. The Lost Souls reside there and those are nasty business." The girl shivered a bit. "Jensen," she gestured toward Hufflepuff table and the man who'd made the showy entrance during the Sorting. "He'd inquired about it earlier when I'd met him while placing Pippen, my cat, with the other pets. You can read up about them in the library. There are books in the Restricted Section. But, they're a lot like Dementors. They devour your soul until there is nothing left and then once your soul is gone, they possess your body." She paused a moment, a far off look coming over her face. "Problem is, the Lost Souls aren't meant to be in our bodies or any other bodies but from where they original came. As such, the possession doesn't last overly long and it only leaves them hungry for another soul. Rather sad. So, the cycle repeats."

350szee.jpg
scb0j4.jpg

Attire:the schools robes with a black tshirt with a white tiger on it with blue jeans and black and white sneakers
Tagging:Nicko
Katy smiled and taking more bites of her food before she said "yes I think it will be fun ". She then saw there was an empty spot beside him and got up and went around the table with her food and sat down beside him saying "I also feel some tension in the year from our perfect and that boy from Griffendor do you think they will start a fight"? She was making small talk trying to get to know him more.

ne6m87.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Nicko smiled when Katy came to sit next to him, it was nice to be making friends. When she had mentioned the possibility of a fight between Sam and the Slytherin prefect he looked to the Gryffindor table at Sam, "No Sam doesn't seem like the type to fight with someone, the Slytherin prefect however looks like a brute" ,Nicko said quietly. He had made friends with Sam and didn't really know the prefect of his house so naturally if anything went down he would stick up for Sam out of respect he knew he would probably get shunned for it but his father had raised him to never stab anyone in the back, something that he never nor ever intended to do. Nicko went back to eating his food now keeping a watchful eye on things. He looked over and noticed a few of his classmates oogling Renee, they were making some very inappropriate gestures and it was starting to tick Nicko off, he turned to Katy, "Those boys have no respect for women, they are being completely rude" ,he whispered motioning to the boys. He had a glare fixed on his face and was about two seconds away from saying something to them.

1em8le.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name:Riku Taven
House/Year:1st year/Ravenclaw
Blood Type:Muggle Born
Wand:Maple, 9.5 inches, slightly springy and pleasant.Hair from Centaur's tail Core
Broom:Don't have one
Tagging:Ashley, Alice

At the mention of seeing if more people wanted to join Riku smiled, "The more the merrier I say I would love to be able to meet more people and get to know my classmates, everyone has been so friendly so far" ,she said in response. She took a sip from her cup then continued to eat her food, everything was going great so far and she was thoroughly enjoying herself. After she finished her first plate she made another, she was decently hungry and for a girl she could throw down. "So I've never been around town except for the Carriage station of course I'm interested to see what else it has to offer".

canstock7377586.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"Oh I see," Zoe commented with a nod of her head looking to noticed the movements that had taken place in the room, the professor had left at some point. She then turned her focus back to Renee for a moment. "Yeah, my parents, wanted my brother and me to be our own people, and well, and wanted a hands on approach, as it were," she repolied with a nod of her head. "I am rather excited about being here though, I haven't been away from home before. I could well, um never think about what it would be like to move around. Been in the same place all my life, pretty much," she added with a small smile, "I don't know anything about the town., but I sure plan on figuring it out. I am a journalist major, and getting the story, take such knowledge," she said proudly of her choice of major's and life's goal at the same moment.

She looked around and then looked at the other new students, "Seems most of the students got split up pretty good this year, a lot of rather interesting characters as it were," she commented, "think it is going to get be fun figuring all of them out, don't you think?"

16lz21v.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

"Whao.. then I absolutely will not be wandering around the Forest without any guidance,that is for certain. I like my soul precisely where it is, thank you very much."

She smiled, but serious. Alice's warning will not have to be told to her twice, and Ashley had this thing about remaining her own person in any way she could. Both Riku and Alice also made her smile more, as they were both on board for a group of them going to town that weekend. She was very interested in Alice's friend and fellow Ravenclaw Lorelai, especially with her being a Sixth Year, but also she couldn't help being extremely curious about Renee. It also had not escaped her notice that the redhead was garnering "unwanted attention" from several Slytherin boys. While most of them seemed to just be ogling her, two of them were talking in hushed whispers away from the main small cluster. She snorted in disgust, shaking her head at it, but also noticing Nicko's manner that made her smile again and remember not all boys are like that. She had intended to be looking over at Katy, hoping they could definitely invite her as well as Renee and Zoe.

"Some boys are just pigs... while others are the kind you really want to associate with."

2r23dvs.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Samuel could tell from the look that the Slytherin prefect that he knew measures may have to be put down. The older Slytherin was smarter than he looked, and they both could tell that though most of the looks Renee was getting were of the lecherous nature, the two that were of a much darker and meaningful tone were noticed as well. Though there was not an immediate idea on what they were about, the two four years, whose behavior always garnered observation, were now in need of even closer examination on the part of the prefects. Sam and the other boy would have to speak to the Head Boy and Girl of their Houses about it as well, something that, though he knew would not be a problem, he was loathe to do. It was bad enough that Renee was getting the obvious stares, Samuel would hate to make her first year any more miserable with having to be accompanied places to insure her safety.

20svebm.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"Journalism is a good major, and perhaps I will let you interview me. I am certain that you will be able to get a position on the school paper. As for the moving around, it was a bit wearisome at times, but there was so much to see and experience I made the best of it. New places, new things, new languages... but I am glad to kind of settle in one place for a while.. learn in depth about home, as it were."

Renee smiled, not missing at all a pack of boys at the Slytherin table looking at her like a piece of meat. It was a shame that some males of the human species acted worse than rutting beasts, but she was used to it. She was more concerned by the two boys who were exchanging much quieter whispers, as they were something that Mr. Potter had warned him about she may have to eventually deal with. She returned her focus to Zoe, smiling still as she spoke.

"I think that you and I.. perhaps with a few of the other females, have a day in town.. get to know the place.. that sort of thing... your thoughts."

canstock7377586.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"Yeps, it is going to be a lot of fun, I have already thought up the whole first article about the sorting cermony that I will turn in tomorrow," she said with a proud smile, "I have asked around, and I think I got everything I need for a good article to make a great impression, on my teachers," she commented apusing for a moment. "I think a interview with you would be great, and I am sure the newspaper would love it too, well when I go there and meet whom is in that and all."

Zoe was somewhat oblivious to the males from the Slytherin table looking over at Renee, then again, she most likely would of been oblivious if they were looking at her, at this moment in time. Yet, she did pick up on that Renee had noticed them. This caused her to after a moment notice the group of them, "Seems that there are some leechers in some of the other of the houses," she commented before hearing the last comment. "I think that a day on the town would be great. So many things I could do, to think up ideas for stories, get to know people, yeps, sounds like a real plan, for sures."

5evf4o.gif
29ommpw.jpg

As Alice continued chatting with Riku and Ashley, her eyes had searched for Sam. He'd been chatting it up with others at his table, but when Ashley mentioned how some guys lacked tact, her eyes suddenly began to search to see if there was a reason as to why she'd say such a thing. As she scanned the room, she realized that Sam and the Slytherin prefect were also signaling each other that there might be a potential problem with some of the students at the Slytherin table. It made her worry. Sure, she noticed the boys who were being disrespectful to one of the new first years, the one named Renee LeStrange. But there was more. Something that made chills run along her spine. She hoped there wasn't a deeper problem brewing. If there was, she hoped that it would be handled quickly and quietly. After all, it was the first day back to Secondary. Surely such strange things couldn't happen so quickly. Could it? Then again, this was the magical world. And in the magical world, anything was possible and more than likely happened.

350szee.jpg
scb0j4.jpg

Tagging:Nicko
Katy nodded to Nicko and said "well in my opinion a fight would make this place come alive but i think a bit too soon and i do not think those to will throw fists more like shout at each other". She then gave a wicked grin and said "but them boys over there i do not like at all the way they are gooling that girl like she was some sort of expensive item at the mall they just got to try out and i for one want to so badly walk right on over their and put them in their place even if they are from my house but then again that might cause too much trouble so I shall watch from a distance cause looks to me like that Griffendor boy has it all under control". she then eyed some boys with a stare for they was looking at her up and down and she knew she was a pretty thing and they wanted to take her for a spin. She turned back to Nicko and said "Do not worry one day something bad will happen to them mark my words and it wont be me". "So Nicko what do you think of the school so far and maybe us becoming friends"? She boldly said hoping she did not just say something wrong in all her rambling.

20svebm.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"Then it is a plan. We can go this weekend, I am certain and I am very certain it will be loads of fun. Do you want it to just be the two of us, or perhaps others? I don't see the need for carrying House differences outside of the campus, unless you prefer it to just be the two of us."

Renee was hoping she was not asking too much, rather she wanted to get to know as many of the other female students as she could. There were some older students that were a bit more accessible from her observation, but she was hoping eventually she would get to know as many as she could period. She also knew that, most likely as with any group of females, intimate friendships would happen with a smaller group, though not always with completely similar likes and all. She wanted friends, and she knew that here that would happen for her. She did like all the traveling she had done with her adoptive parents, but now she wanted to be in one place and wanted to find close friends.

She was eating, waiting on what Zoe had to say, and ignoring the boys. It didn't escape her sight that both Samuel and another Sixth Year, she suspected, were non-verbal in an intent to make the boys stop. She suspected they were prefects, something she knew would be a good thing in ways but she hoped nothing happened where she would have to have one of them constantly checking up on her.

16lz21v.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Ashley could see it was going to be taken care of, at least from the way Samuel and the other boy at the Slytherin table were exchanging very discreet signals and glances. It was only because of her own knowledge of body language that she noticed it, and as she returned to her food she reassured herself that it would be. She returned to Alice and Riku, an idea popping into her head.

"Would making it an overnight down into town also be a good idea. I know there could be homework for classes and all, but if we all have the time I mean."

She was not pushing, rather she was eager to get to know as many of the other female students as possible. She was very good at getting her work for classes done, so she really was willing to put such and effort forward. She also was more than willing to handle any arrangements, as organizing things was something she was good at.

2r23dvs.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Samuel watched as the Slytherin prefect, who was named Kurt, slowly got up and moved to the small cluster of boys. He was speaking in a very hushed and subdued tone, but it was effective. Though he looked brutish, Kurt had been dating the same girl since his second year, a lovely Fifth Year in Hufflepuff who was smile as "her man" was laying down the law. Samuel chuckled softly, knowing the two boys staring and whispering for different reasons would wait a while. When Kurt rose from his talking to the lecherous collective, they all were then only concerned with their food and didn't even look up except at each other. Kurt, though gruff, got his point across and anyone watching would realize that certain behavior simply would not be tolerated at Uni. Even McAlistair, who had been stealing looks up from her food, nodded discreetly. As many first year boys would be finding out, it was not going to go at Hogwarts Uni.

ne6m87.jpg
zv911k.jpg

When Katy asked if Nicko would be willing to be her friend he smiled, "Of course I would like to be friends" ,he told her. Nicko was never one to say no to friendship. He looked over when he seen the prefect stand up and walk over to the two boys who had been acting like complete jackasses toward Ms. Lestrange, a smile came across his face when the boys lowered their heads and stopped even looking in the direction of Renee. Nicko looked to Sam and gave him a nod to show he agreed with what had just happened, he would like to talk to Sam more eventually, feeling they both had similar views on certain things and it would be nice to make some male friends as well as female friends he just wondered if it would be possible with them both in separate houses.

Back
Top Bottom