Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Great Hall

2r23dvs.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: Samual Christopher Anderson (Sam, Chris, Andy)
House/Year: Gryffindor, Sixth year
Blood Type: Full
Wand: 12 inches, Sycamore, Dragon heartstring, flexible, attached to the hilt of a Royal Navy cutlass.
Broom: Not yet
Attire: Gryffindor travel uniform
Travel: From home to the Station, arriving
Tagging: Anyone, Alice

Sam nodded about it being odd, but he also remembered things as odd happening during school years past. He wondered why the young woman was wearing the cloak, and also felt badly about the fact far too many of his fellow male students were staring at her body. It was immature to say the least, but it was typical man-boy behavior to a degree. It was simply out of place at the Sorting especially was all, and he gave several fellow Gryffindors stern looks that made them stop. When he heard Alice mention Lorelai, Sam got a good look around, part of him having an idea but not saying what was on his mind totally.

"Well.. everyone misses one.... I am certain there is a reason.. a solid one...."

350szee.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name: Katy swift
House/Year:unsorted /first year
Blood Type:half
Wand:Chestnut, light brown , 6in, unicorn hair
Broom: Doesn't have one.
Attire:the schools robes with a black tshirt with a white tiger on it with blue jeans and black and white sneakers
Travel: Not Applicable
Tagging Ashley
Katy shook the girls hand and nodded her head. She gave the girl a warm smile and said "well as for a major not sure yet but soon i think i will pick one and go with it and as for the house I'm hoping for Slytherin they look like a fun house". Katy knew if she was in any other house they might not like just how much she loves to cause trouble but from what she heard about slytherin they might not be so bothered by it hopefully anyway.

3ppmx.png
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Daniel Thoreau Gravenstien "Tech"
House/Year:Ravenclaw, 5th
Blood Type:Muggle-born
Wand: 9 1/2", Ebony, Dragon Heartstring, Inflexible.
Broom: Hates these abominations.
Attire: Black Duster, Blue Fringes, Bronze Scrolling. Black Three Piece Suit, Bronze Pinstripes, Blue undershirt, thin bronze tie. Combat boots.
Travel: N/A
Tagging: Head/Desk

Tech glared at the ceiling as he sat at one of the Ravenclaw tables, still oblivious to the fact that he hadn't changed to robes. He was looking for a little blue box that he hoped, to anything and everything, was not up on the ceiling. Oh, he had made it to go up there after activated, which he hadn't been able to figure out how to do. So either he dropped it, or he had somehow activated it without realizing and then been distracted enough to not realize it had left his hand. He hadn't wanted to use it yet. It was supposed to be his last trick at the school, for the Headmistresses going away speech. It would have been beautiul, his final year, she steps up about to speak, at her first word the room would reverberate with sensual and sexual moaning for a good minute. Then the evidence would dissapate away, never to be seen from again. Instead, it might activate during her welcoming speech during his 5th year. And even worse, he didn't know exactly whose voice was going to be moaning. He had wanted it to be the Headmistress herself, but he thought it might actually be Ashley, the woman that he told not to eat the chocolate pudding. Tech let out a long sigh as he found the box, a slight discoloration in the ceiling. He could throw a spell at it, maybe break it, but if it didn't... Well he'd be rather obvious. Closing his eyes, he let his head thunk into the table.

Well. Fuck.

canstock8508889.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name:Samson Alexander
House/Year:unsorted/3rd
Blood Type:Half
Wand:Elm, 10 inches, phoenix feather
Broom:None
Attire:Generic uniform for Hogwarts
Travel:N/A
Tagging:Talking to Emilia, anyone

canstock7377586.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name:Zoe Alexander (full name and nickname, if your character has one)
House/Year:unsorted/1st
Blood Type:Full
Wand:Rosewood, 8 1/2 inch, uniform hair
Broom:None (if you have one on hand)
Tagging:Anyone

Samson smiled as he nodded his head as to say that she was welcome for the compliment, he then listened closely. He didn't know how things worked at the school, and knew that her infromation would be most useful as knowledge that he could take into the next day. He nodded as he listened showing that he was in fact paying attention. He nodded his head, "I think that idea sounds most fun, actually, a outing this coming weekend will be most interesting," he said with a smile, "and getting to spend time with friend is always a big bonus," he added in as he then did notice the new student who got the looks, more the odd looks, wondering what was up, but then deciding to put his thoughts away as he looked over to his sister whom, was sitting quiet across the way.

Zoe sat, having found a place to sit for the ceremony, and remained mostly quiet now. She was listening to the people whom happened to be around her at the moment, leaning a bit against her hand which was resting on the table. Her mind thinking about what was going to happen, she was still extremely excite, just just wasn't showing it as much as she had been moments before.

5evf4o.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Alice Katherine Snow, Alice
House/Year: Ravenclaw/4th year
Blood Type: Muggle-born
Wand: Cherry, 10in, Unicorn Hair, Swishy
Attire: Ravenclaw uniform and robes.
Tagging: Anyone; sees Tech, Emilia, Jensen, Katy, Nicko, Ashley, Riku, mystery student; probably sees Samson, Zoe; talking to Sam

Alice watched Headmistress McAllistair take her seat at the head of The Great Hall and the girl in the cloak sit down at the front of the room not too far away from her. The 'sorting' would be starting soon and from the way the room suddenly went hushed, it only made it more apparent. She watched her new unsorted friends make their way to the central area within the room where they typically waited to be called up while everyone else made their way to their house tables.

Turning to Sam, Alice gave him a nod. "I suppose you're right. Lori must have a good reason. I'm just excited to see her." She then gave him a smile and leaned close to give him a hug. "Plus, I'm just eager to tell her about us. I can't help but be giddy. She's like a sister to me, so I want to share." She giggled a bit. "But, I suppose we have to sit now. "Should be interesting to see where our new friends end up," pausing a moment, she gestured toward the new people. "See you at the mixer afterwards?" she asked, hugging him once again before leaving to sit at Ravenclaw table.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Name: Emilia Jane Harrison (Em, Emmie)
House/Year: Hufflepuff/3rd Year
Wand: Holly, 9 in, Unicorn Hair, Springy
Attire: Hufflepuff uniform
Tagging: Anyone; sees Zoe, Tech, Sam, Alice, mystery student; probably sees Jensen, Katy, Nicko, Ashley, Riku; Talking to Samson

Emilia watched as Headmistress McAllistair suddenly entered The Great Hall along with a cloaked girl who sat near the front of the very large room. She furrowed her eyebrows at the sight, wondering who the new person was, but she also knew that the sudden appearance of the Headmistress meant that the 'sorting' would be happening soon. She did a quick glance and noticed Zoe seemed to be getting ready, no doubt getting cues from the other students she'd been conversing with earlier.

"Looks like the 'sorting' will be happening soon. The Headmistress just got here," Emilia told Samson with an excited smile. "We can talk more about going to Hogsdale at the 'mixer' later after the ceremony, if you want. Maybe make some plans with some people. Should be fun for a bunch of us to get together. Maybe we can go to one of the clubs or something or... who knows." She gave him a smile as she spoke. "But, it looks like we should get ready for the ceremony, so I'll see you later then."

Emilia gave Samson a wave and gestured that he join Zoe for the 'sorting'. At that, she headed back to Hufflepuff table and sat back down in her corner chair and waited to see where her new friend would end up along with where all the other new students and other transfers would end up as well.

canstock8508889.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

House/Year:unsorted/3rd
Tagging:Talking to Emilia, moves to sit by Zoeanyone

canstock7377586.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

House/Year:unsorted/1st
Tagging:Anyone, sitting by Samson

Samson nodded and smiled as he noticed where his sister was, and knew that it was in fact time for him to go over and join her, he looked at her and then nodded, "you can cound on it, red, I am sure we will have something planned out for this weekend, it is going to be a fun time, I am sure of it," he commented giving her a smile as he then headed towards his sister, it had been a most interesting turn of things, and he had a friend now, which was really nice. He slipped over and sat next to his sister giving her a smile.

Zoe nodded and smiled back at her brother, the two not saying anything but both were at least a bit nervous about the sorting, Samson caring more about where he was going to go then his sister, whom didn't care one way of the other where she was, she was just looking forward to being somewhere. They looked over there fellow students for a moment, before the two waited to see just where they would end up on this day.

350szee.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Attire:the schools robes with a black tshirt with a white tiger on it with blue jeans and black and white sneakers
Tagging:no one

Katy waved goodbye to her friend Ashely and said "see you later". She walked over to were every one else was and stood there waiting her turn to be sorted. She looked at the old hat and at the stool she would have to sit on and started to get nervous for a minute. She told herself does not matter what that old hat says about me in front of every one I'm going to make the best of this year as i can she thought. She hoped she did not have to wait to long for her name to be called.

The regal older woman, one of the finer examples of someone who embodied the more admirable aspects of the experienced witch. She was dressed in a very stately but elegant midnight bllue dress, standing up at the podium, looking over the assembled students. Her eyes, almost as blue as her frock, examined each of them in her own rapid way. Her hair, surprisingly still ebony at her age, was flowing behind her and she smiled at them as she started.

"As a number of you new students already know, alongside all of our returning student body, I am Lucille McAllistair, the standing Headmistress of Hogwarts Secondary, as well as the Transfigurations Professor, and I wish to welcome all of you here to Hogwarts for this academic year."

The round of applause filled the room, and it was very expected. She noticed a few students were not really doing so, but that was expected. There were always some, in every house, who had issues. She then continued, speaking immediately on the subject of what was different that year, not wasting too much time on the fluff as most rules were knowing already to even the new students.. except the changes.

"As many of you returning students know, Professor Upton retired last year after the Bangers and Mash Incident. This term, the Great Hall has been re-enforced with prank counter spells provided by the prestigious Weasley family."

There were boos, mainly from the second through fourth year males students, that made it clear that was not a popular decision. She continued, wanting to move through to the Sorting as fast as possible.

"All pranks during the first part of the first term are not permitted unless consistent self-control and decorum is established in the permitted areas. This is also the decision of the Ministry as well."

She then lead them all in the school song, making certain to keep it the version that is curriculum related not the long version that is required on the graduate level. After a minute or two she then started with the list, smiling as she did.

"As I call your name in alphabetical order, you will come down and sit in the Chair here on the side of the podium. Please move quickly, the house elves are very much on time here at Secondary..."

2r23dvs.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Wand: 12 inches, Sycamore, Dragon heartstring, flexible, attached to the hilt of a Royal Navy cutlass.
Tagging: Alice, Ashely, Anyone within sight range.

Stealing glances at Alice, he smiled at the speech. He was very aware of why the Bangers and Mash Incident caused Upton's retirement, as someone was using a spell that was far too advanced for them. He was also highly suspicious of who was the planner of the prank, as it was bad enough that six students had gotten in so much trouble yet none of them were the leader. He then listened as the time had come for the actual Sorting itself. He was very calm, as he was very hopeful that what he wanted for each and every one of the first years that he had met so far. He spotted Ashley, giving her a smile of encouragement and understanding. He then stole a look at the figure in the cloak. He was highly concerned now, as something had to be important or risky concerning the new and yet unseen new girl.

16lz21v.jpg

Name: Ashley Shannon Palin (NPC)
House/Year: First, unsorted
Blood Type: Half-blood
Wand: Red Oak, 10 inches, Granian tail hair, supple and flexible
Broom: (if you have one on hand)
Attire: Travel cloak over basic Hogwarts uniform
Tagging: Katy, Alice, Samuel, Anyone else..

Ashley actually took notes during McAllistair's Opening speech to them. She knew she had to be on the ball in any way she could, and she was very concerned that if she messed up in any way someone perhaps would pounce. She would show only fear and weakness when she could get away with it, and she was very pleased that she would be able to prove to both herself and her house, hopefully Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, that she belonged. She then heard the first name called for the Sorting Chair and hat, amused that they would go by alphabetical order still.

She fiddled just a bit in her chair, her cloak hiding her apprehension. She still felt it, knowing that she was about in the end of the second potential third or the beginning of the potential third fourth of the list of new students. She had spent a lot of time very patient about things, only about two years ago learning about herself and her real past. She would live in display of the fact that some family legacies were not to be lived up to , but to be eclipsed and phased out with one's own. That was especially true if the legacy was as personally repugnant as her own.

canstock8508889.jpg
f4hhev.gif

House/Year:Hufflepuf/3rd
Tagging:Is sorted in front of everyone, sees Zoe, sits by Emilia, anyone

canstock7377586.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

House/Year:Gryffindor/1st
Tagging:I sorted in front of everyone, thinks of Samson, anyone

Samson looked over and knew he would be first, last name starting with A, after all. He walked up knowing a bit of how it worked, having read about the whole process to some degree. He looked around and sat down as the on his head. His thoughts were sure as what his goals were, which were modest really. He had a good idea where he would end up as well. He remained quiet as he looked around for a moment and the hat remained quiet for that second. Which to him seemed much longer then a mere second or two. He blinked when the hat announced Hufflepuf was announce from the hat. Samson smiled a bit and took the hat off before returning to the seat by Emilia that he had sat before the sorting had started. He looked up and figured Zoe would be joining him in that house. Yet as he watched he was a bit surprised, but smiled when his sister was put into her own house.

Zoe had a couple of thoughts in her mind as she walked up, she had decided that day to be her own person, and that she didn't want to be in the same house as her brother. She knew that she loved her brother, but she had to be her own person, and not his little sister. She had lived alone, venturing out learning while he was gone, and loved just being her own person. She sat down and thought about her goals, mostly doing with meeting people and her journalist skills. She sat there for a moment as she actually shook her head at the mumbled idea that she should go to Hugglepuf due to family relations. A small smile formed on her lips as the name was announced for Gryffindor. She proudly walked over and found a seat at the table, and struck up a conversation with a couple of students.

350szee.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Katy got even more excited when everyone became quite and the headmistress got up and made her speech. She did not seem bothered by the prank rules for she always broke them anyway and they all were quite fun to do to. she smirked when the sorting began for she knew it would not take long for her name to be called for she was fifth on the list. Two down and two more to go before she got up to the hat. She watched as one went to hafflepuf and one to Gryffindor. She shifted from one foot to the other waiting for her turn to go get sorted.

ne6m87.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name: Nickolai Dominique, Nicko
House/Year:1st year/unsorted
Blood Type:Pure Blood
Wand: Willow, 10 and a quarter inches, flexible.Veela Hair Core
Broom: Don't have one
Attire:Standard Hogwarts Uniform

Nicko watch as the two other students got sorted, he was beginning to get a little nervous but he didn't let it show. When his name was called he made his way up to the stool and took a seat. He sat still as the hat was placed on his head and he waited and listened as the hat spoke in his ear. Finally after the hat thought long and hard it shouted out Slytherin. Nicko smiled and stood up after the hat was removed from his head, he made his way over to the Slytherin table and sat down, it felt good to finally be sorted into a house now he could feel more at home.

16lz21v.jpg

Name: Ashley Shannon Palin (NPC)
House/Year: First, unsorted

"Well.. here goes..."

Ashley rose after her name was called, moving quickly and then sitting down in the Chair. The Hat was soon on her head, and within seconds, it was very surprised. She had been conflicted about many things, particularly about the fact that she still didn't know which of the two Houses she wanted to be in she really wanted. That was a conflict that made her not want to have anything to do with how her parents matriculated into their states, not that she hated her parents, rather she wanted to be her own person, and do things her own way. She was calm, realizing the hat was taking time with her. It spoke, as it was aught to do, in a way that told a bit of story about the head it was on as part of why it Sorted the way it did.

Such an even temper, and a keen mind,
That balances the red oak in her hand,
For independence of self and course,
This young lady takes her stand.

Smart as a whip and clear of thought,
Her path is strained, but never of straw.
Stuck between snake and eagle,
But her destiny lies within Ravenclaw.

When the Hat is removed, she smiles, spotting Katy and nodding to her, waving real fast over at Samuel and moving to the table where she now belongs. She had been stuck between House Slytherin and Ravenclaw, but she had wanted be where her intelligence and not her looks mattered.

2r23dvs.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Tagging: Anyone

Samuel nodded, seeing how all of those who had been Sorted before have been. He also noticed that McAlistair had been talking to the cloaked young woman before the Hat announced that Ashley was now in Ravenclaw. It was a whispered discussion, particularly as it was a bit of a surprise to the older woman, and something that seemed to be a sudden decision. The older woman nodded, a look of finality on her face that was saying that something that had been up in the air was now decided. Sam then watched her as she returned to the podium. He watched her as she watched Ashley sit down, and the woman waited a moment as she needed to think of what to say for that short pause.

"There is one slight change. One student will be called up out of order, for the simple fact that the name originally listed is the foster last name... and it has been decided that the birth name is what we will call her up by. That is the only change, now let us continue..."

The Headmistress understood the reasons for the use of the real name, as it couldn't be kept a secret forever. She already had had to tell the faculty, and she really wished that one particular Professor of the small number who had not come to the Sorting had. He, along with Professor Emeritus Potter had helped to negotiate her attendance, so McAlistair did want all students to feel safe. However, he was not there, and they would go on.. as shown by her calling the next in the actual alphabetical list.

35irqcn.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name: Jensen "Mongrel" Spencer, of the Leeds-Cohen family
House/Year: Fifth
Wand: Elm wood, 7', Jersey Devil talon
Attire: Scuffed up bottom of pants, the inner portion missing, the shirt and coat are asqued,
Travel: Suit of Armor
Tagging: Those around

'Not calling up by their foster name?' While he was no expert, he doubted that they changed the names of the children for that. And if they did then it would be basically adoption and the kid would have been unwanting to change it. She would certainly have been old enough to change it if she had wanted to, and it seemed odd that someone would be comfortable changing their name and way of life in one fell swoop. At least, that what what Jensen would have thought had he heard it. At that point he had still been catching up to the others due to straggling. He had some help from a suit of armor, which half carried him as it headed to the Great Hall, the sword bouncing against the shield and the boots hitting the stone ground causing a distance, but growing rumble to be heard from the Great Hall. 'Jesu, it got dark fast. Let's see if I can get-' The device he had gotten from HoltKoetter dropped as the door was flung open, "DAMN-" He was drowned out from the roar caused when it hit the ground after kicking up sparks from the side of the armor, as it began disrupting the lighting spells and blowing out the candles, before a flash like lightning went through the room. It vacuum from the magic rushing back in made a crackle then clapped like thunder, which by coincidence all coinceded final syllable of the girl's name.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Tagging: Anyone; Is watching the Sorting

Emilia sat silently as she watched the students go up for the Sorting. Samson was one of the first and she smiled when the Hat shouted out Hufflepuff. She gave him a wave as he casually walked over to the table and looked up at him as he approached and took a seat directly next to her.

"Welcome to Hufflepuff," Emilia whispered. "You'll make a fine addition," she added with a smile.

Emilia leaned against her hands and then proceeded to watch the rest of the ceremony, curious to see if Samson's sister would join her brother or end up elsewhere. Often times, siblings traveled together. But it wasn't unheard of for them to end up in different houses either. No matter, you ended up where you belonged. After all, it was the choice of the hat-wearer... not the other way 'round.

5evf4o.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Is watching the Sorting

Alice took a seat at Ravenclaw table, desperately wishing that Lori was there. The room went hushed and the Sorting began. She always found it interesting to see where the students ended up. She had to admit that when Nicko got called to Slytherin, a part of her wasn't surprised. Though he'd have made a fine Ravenclaw, he'd make a wonderful Slytherin as well. And she knew she'd have a friend in him regardless. She gave him a smile and a wave as he walked over to his table and new housemates. As she watched Ashley approach the hat, she wondered where the girl would end up, it was difficult to say. A part of her hoped that one of her new friends would end up in Ravenclaw...

Ravenclaw!

When the Hat finally made the announcement, Alice clapped loudly and smiled broadly. As Ashley approached, she gave the girl a hug. "Welcome to Ravenclaw!"

canstock8508889.jpg
f4hhev.gif

House/Year:Hufflepuf/3rd
Tagging:Talks to Emilia, watches ceremony,anyone

canstock7377586.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

House/Year:Gryffindor/1st
Tagging:watching Ceremony, anyone

Samson looked over and smiled as he nodded his head, "thanks, it is good to be in a place where I already have a friend," he said with a small smile before he looked on to watch the next couple of students. He didn't know them well, or really at all, but he was still curious as to which house they would go to. A Ravenclaw and a Slytherin, it would seem, he did wish each of the new students would have a good experience at the school. He himself was extremely happy to be where he was. It was his choice as it were afterall. "Well, I think this will work out, my sister, seems happy, I am in the place I wanted, all is good," he commented with a small smile. His attention returning to the ceremony as he was most curious as to where the various people whom would go after him would end up, and generally, to also be able to put some names to faces of people as well.

At her own table, Zoe smiled as she looked at her new fellow housemates, she waved to them with a small smile upon her lips. She then took out a piece of paper and started to do a little report about all the feelings she was having that day, and what she was able to learn, it was nothing super fancy or anything. Just she wanted to have it down on paper for memories shake, and so she could take it with her, when she went to her first journalism class. Yet, of course the event wasn't over, and she wrote a little report on the ones whom came after, noting how the hat spoke or various little details.

350szee.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Katy swift watched as Ashly went to ravenclaw. She smiled at the girl as she walked by. She soon counted off the names in her head that had been called and realized only one more before she got sorted. Jensen Spencer was next and then it would be her turn. She felt her stomach flutter from all the excitement and then turned to her black cat and gave it a rub under its chin saying "soon its gonna be my turn. She then turned to face the hat and said to herself "I will be slythieren must think positive. " She must remove all doubt but then again she thought it all over that house was the only one that seem to suit her . She had to keep the nice act up just a little longer and once she was sorted and the school year off she knew she would start causing trouble. Her true self would come out and she did not know out of the people she might if they would still like her in the end.

16lz21v.jpg

Name: Ashley Shannon Palin
House/Year: Ravenclaw, First Year

Ashley returned Alice's hug, holding her close as she was very glad she already had a friend to start off with.

"Thank you, Alice. I really hope that I can prove I belong here... and what is.... that.... in the corridor..???"

Ashley didn't know what the noise she was hearing was, but her curiosity was peeked. She looked, and she wondered who that was that was doing the racket. She suddenly realized that it was a suit of armor moving, and then she remembered what the Headmistress had said about the Great Hall having negation enchantments on it. She suddenly giggled, realizing some of the possibilities that could be happening in the next few minutes, a couple of the older Ravenclaws looked at her, and also realized that they were hearing something too, but not paying it as much attention. She bit her lip, able to stifle an outright outburst of inappropriate laughter. She then realized only one first year was missing, and didn't know if she should say something or not.

2r23dvs.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"What in the blue blazes...."

Samuel whispered that softly to the other three six years closest to him. He was flabbergasted that someone was doing something with a suit of armor, but that was what he was hearing coming down the corridor outside. He noticed a couple of faculty members on the dais who were thinking of doing something, but McAlistair waved them to stay put. He shook his head slightly, seeing as she was, as always, grace under fire. He had great respect for the woman, a nine time National Dueling Champion who also was a four time World Champion. He then looked from her to the door and back, very interested in how things may happen. He knew and remembered the enchantments she had mentioned earlier, and now he was very curious as to how this would affect the Sorting.

Renee tilted her head, then looked to the Headmistress who simply took a step to one side of the podium. Whatever was about to happen, the woman also had her wand ready, and it was something that perhaps would be a lesson for them all. A fine Elm of eleven full inches, Renee had chance to examine it in the office on its stand. It had a Granian tail hair for its core, and it was flexible and smooth. She could see that the Headmistress was waiting, and it was at the moment when the doors went open and something came out that she waited for it.

Aresto Momentum!!

The object that flew into the room, froze in the air, the armor and its passenger coming through the door. The armor clanged down onto the floor, now lifeless, and the passenger was now on the floor as well in view of everyone. Before turning her attention to who it was, McAlistair finished up with the object.

Reducto!!!

The sizzling of internal parts could be heard from the object, and then it hit the floor half-way in the room, right in between the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables. It was now lying in the very center of the room, and then McAlistair slowly and calmly returned to the list, calling the next name and waited for the person to answer.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Tagging: Anyone; Talking to Samson; Is watching the Sorting

Emilia turned her head at the clanking sound that reverberated off the cold, hard stone of the castle floors as the doors to the Great Hall suddenly went open. There was a strange lull that came over the room as everyone went quiet before suddenly whispering amongst themselves. Finally, the Headmistress, known for keeping calm even under the most intense of situations, took control. A few incantations and flicks of her wand and the armor went still and its passenger landed on the floor.

Emilia brought her hand up to her mouth to stifle the giggle she could feel threatening to pass over her lips. In some ways she felt bad for the man who'd fallen, but at the same time, no one had ever made such a display in years at Secondary and most certainly not while she'd been attending. She wondered how on earth such a thing came to pass. From the look on the Headmistress' face, she was clearly not amused and from the sizzling device that crackled and smoked near her table... well...

"My goodness," Emilia whispered half to herself. "If his plan was for a show, I think he might have succeeded." She turned toward Samson ever so slightly. "I've never seen such a display. I think students will be talking about this one for weeks."

5evf4o.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Talking to Ashley; Is watching the Sorting

Alice's eyes went completely wide at the sight of Jensen on the floor next to the heap of armor, now lifeless, beside him. She was utterly dumbfounded as to how he'd managed to pull such a thing off at all given that they'd only traveled down to the Cove and back. To think she'd only left him alone for about 10 minutes. Then again, the magical world was different from the Muggle one.

"Oh my, that was quite an entrance," Alice whispered to Ashley who was giggling. She glanced over to Gryffindor table just then and noticed Sam shaking his head. Somehow she knew what he was thinking.

Suddenly, there was a crackle that caused Alice to jump a little. Turning her head, she saw the electronic device that had fallen on the floor in between the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables. The thing was 'toast' to be sure and a faint smoke rose up from it into the air. Biting down on her lip, she sat back in her chair and gave Ashley a 'I wonder what will happen next' look. But her unspoken question was answered when the Headmistress called out the next name of the student to be sorted.

35irqcn.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name: Jensen "Mongrel" Spencer, of the Leeds-Cohen family
House/Year: Hufflepuff, Fifth
Wand: Elm wood, 7', Jersey Devil talon
Attire: Scuffed up bottom of pants, the inner portion missing, the shirt and coat are asqued,
Travel: Limp
Tagging: Those around
"Crazy nutters..." After brushing himself up, having hit the ground running when the mometum of the armor stopped, leaving him to try and avoid facediving into the ground. After a near collision with someone wearing spikes he heard his name being called. He looked suspiciously at the hat, not comfortable with something in his mind. Rubbing one of his rings he walked up to the hat, taking it in hand. He looked inside it curiosly for a moment, before calling, "HUFFLEPUFF!" Then heading away to their table, accioing the peaces of the broken decive after removing the rigns.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Tagging: Anyone; Talking to Samson, Jensen; Is watching the Sorting

Emilia's eyes widened a little when the Hat called out Hufflepuff for the man who'd just made a ruckus with his 'interesting' entrance both into the Great Hall and sorting for the ceremony. Needless to say, she half expected him to end up in Gryffindor and follow the footsteps of the infamous Weasley twins with their long list of pranks and jokes that they used to pull a few generations ago. Even now they were talked about as if they'd been pulled yesterday. Never had a Hufflepuff been known to do such things. Then again, times were always changing.

Looking at Samson, Emilia gave him a smile and then shrugged a little sheepishly. She then turned toward their newest housemate as he approached their table. "Hello, Emilia Harrison, 3rd year. Welcome to Hufflepuff," she said shyly as she extended her hand to him. "That was quite an entrance. I don't think anyone will forget that one for quite a while. I've never seen anything like it, I must admit." She gave him a reassuring smile as she waited for him to shake her hand.

350szee.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Tagging:The sorting hat

Katy then heard her name be called and she had to take a quick breath as she slowly made her way to the hat. The headmistress called out to her telling her to hurry up for they still had a couple more students to go and she wanted to hurry this up. She moved little faster and when she reached the hat and stool she had to take anther breath least she faint. She could not believe this was finally happing. She sat on the stool and the hat was placed on her head. This is what the hat said about her.

"Hmm Yes A girl with a quick mind and anger.
She would do great in Griffendor and as well as Slytherian.
But to put her in Griffendor would not work for she has no dis sire to be there.
She has a knack for causing trouble sometimes and loves competition.
Yes I see the perfect house for a girl like her she will go into SLTHERiAN"

Katy jumped off the stool and walked over to the Sltherian table and when she got there she was patted on the back by a few students and the table was clapping and cheering on when she was sorted into their house. She sat down at the table shook a few hands and said "Thanks" when they welcomed her to their house. She knew was so happy that she got the house she had wanted and she had been silently repeating the name over and over again while the hat talked.

1em8le.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name:Riku Taven
House/Year:1st year/unsorted
Blood Type:Muggle Born
Wand:Maple, 9.5 inches, slightly springy and pleasant.Hair from Centaur's tail Core
Broom:Don't have one
Attire:Standard Hogwarts Uniform

Riku watched and waited while everyone was sorted, to say she was excited was an understatement. When her name was called she made her way up to the stool very slowly, a shy smile on her face. She took a seat on the stool and looked around at everyone as the hat was placed on her head. The hat sprung to life and began to whisper in her ear, it was trying to decide between two houses, Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. After a few moments of contemplation the hate finally shouted out....RAVENCLAW! Riku stood up and made her way to the Ravenclaw table and sat down.

Back
Top Bottom