Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Great Hall

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
wqwde.jpg

1zxv0pc.jpg

THE GREAT HALL

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Name: Emilia Jane Harrison (Em, Emmie)
House/Year: Hufflepuff/3rd Year
Blood Type: Muggle-born
Wand: Holly, 9 in, Unicorn Hair, Springy
Broom: Doesn't have one.
Attire: Hufflepuff uniform
Travel: Not Applicable
Tagging: Anyone

Emilia slowly entered The Great Hall and found her way to the Hufflepuff table. Per normal, being of the shy sort, she sat by herself toward the far end of it. She supposed the more outgoing Hufflepuffs wouldn't have fancied sitting in such a spot, but she didn't mind. Tucking a red lock of hair behind an ear, she took her seat and waited. There was still a bit of time before the ceremony, but students were indeed starting to mill about and situate themselves within the most grandiose room of the castle. Later on, after the Sorting, the room would host the annual 'mixer'.

Biting down on her lip, Emilia rested her elbows against the table. And then, in turn, leaned her head against her hands. She let her eyes drift about the room as she watched everyone buzz about. Some of the students she recognized regardless of whether she knew them overly well or not. But still others she didn't know at all. Those would be the new students - the first years and the transfers. As she watched them, she wondered which ones would join her in house Hufflepuff.

canstock8508889.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name:Samson Alexander
House/Year:unsorted/3rd
Blood Type:Half
Wand:Elm, 10 inches, phoenix feather
Broom:None
Attire:Generic uniform for Hogwarts
Travel:N/A
Tagging:Emilia

canstock7377586.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name:Zoe Alexander (full name and nickname, if your character has one)
House/Year:unsorted/1st
Blood Type:Full
Wand:Rosewood, 8 1/2 inch, uniform hair
Broom:None (if you have one on hand)
Tagging:Anyone

Zoe moved into the Great Hall first, her eyes growing wide with excitement, as she was a volcano of energy set loose. She wondered around looking at every single little thing, her eyes not focusing on anything for long as she tried to figure out everything she could about the room, and her natural curiousity about the room got the better of herself as she said hello to random people around the room, asking them various questions about almost anything that she could think about at the moment which was nearly unlimited in scope.

Samson following behind noticed his sister and smiled shaking his head, he figured she might as well enjoy herself and let her be. He noticed the person whom they had followed, and walked over and sat down, "Well thank you, um, we overheard you and were able to find out way here thanks to you," he said with a polite friendly tone to the young woman. "Name is Samson, does it matter where the unsorted people sit for this event or not," he asked looking over a calm look in his eyes as per almost normal for him.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Tagging: Anyone, Zoe; Talking to Samson

Emilia looked over at the man who'd just spoken to her and gave him a smile. "Hi, Emilia Harrison, 3rd year, Hufflepuff. And you appear unsorted," she spoke. "Once the ceremony starts, you'll have to take your place at the center of the room. They'll call you up alphabetically and sort you that way. But until then, you're free to walk about as you want." She tilted her head a little and swiveled her legs over the long chair so that she could move to stand up. "So, you're new here and I take it a transfer since you seem older than a first year. May I ask where you're from? And, how do you like it so far? Have you had a chance to explore any of the grounds or the town? It really is a beautiful place."

Yajirobe said:
canstock8508889.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Tagging:Emilia

Samson blinked as he nodded his head, remembering her name, as he reminded himself of it. He then noted her age and her house. "Well then, we are the same year, I am a 3rd year transfer student. You see, I transferred to keep an eye on my little sister, she is a new student here, and has never left home before," he said pointing towards his sister whom was talking to a group of people across the way about various random subjects. "Anyhow, um I am actually from America, Midwest, Kansas to be more specific um and it is nice so far from what I have seen, it is nice town, and from what I have seen from the grounds it is a very nice campus," he replied to her questions. He couldn't help but notice her movement to get up though. "You know you don't have to go anywhere, I rather enjoy this conversation myself, and well I promise I don't bite or anything," he commented with a small smile as he looked over at the young woman. "So three years, you must know this place pretty well by now huh?"

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Tagging: Anyone, Zoe; Talking to Samson

Emilia smiled warmly. "Oh no, I'm not going anywhere. I just wanted to be polite." She blushed a little and looked down for a brief moment before looking back up at Samson. "And yes, I do know the place decently well. I've attended Secondary since first year. But I attended primary back in America as well. I'm from upstate New York myself." She paused a moment. "I always add in the upstate bit since people often think 'the city' whenever you just say New York by itself." She giggled softly and immediately brought a hand up to her mouth to hide her smile and quiet the tiny bit of laughter. "Anyhow, the town is quite pretty and there's more to do there than you might think. There are clubs and restaurants and shops. Plus, the scenery is beautiful. There's a cove on campus as well, which is just lovely." She paused again, hoping she wasn't rambling on too much, but from what she could gather, Samson didn't seem to mind. "There's also an island. Hogsmill. I haven't been there yet myself. But, from what I've heard it's beautiful. I'm sure you and your sister will love it here."

canstock8508889.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Tagging:Talking to Emilia, anyone

canstock7377586.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Tagging:Anyone, waves to Emillia, Samson

Samson nodded his head at her comment and looked over at Emilia, she was a beautiful young woman, something he noticed when she had walked past him. He looked at the area, where he was going to go for the sorting and thought about it as he then turned and listened to her, showing that he was in fact paying close attention. He nodded as he made mental notes about her and where she was from. He didn't mind listening to her, the infromation she was giving was infromation that he could find most useful as he saw it. He rubbed his chin and nodded as he thought about how much of the city, and campus he had yet to see, but he was sure that he would manage to see a good bit of it in time.

"Oh, I see, well, I just saw a small part of it, when I walked up here and well from the outside to this point," he replied, "it really sounds like there are a lot of places that I still have to go," he added in as looked at her, "Well now, since you brought it up, I have to ask, mind showing me around the city later, I mean, you know it so well, and you are extremely pleasant company as well. I think it would be most delightful to walk around with you after the events and all, I mean, or a different day," he said remembering the social and blushing in embarrashment for not remembering that small fact.

Zoe looked over and saw her brother talking to the redhead and decided to not head over there, but she did wave to the pair. She smiled when she saw her brother wave back, and then found a place to sit down and rest and talk a bit more,getting as much infromation as she could possibly from the people around her making sure she had the heads up on as much as possible.

350szee.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name: Katy swift
House/Year:unsorted /first year
Blood Type:half
Wand:Chestnut, light brown , 6in, unicorn hair
Attire:the schools robes with a black tshirt with a white tiger on it with blue jeans and black and white sneakers
Tagging:No one

Katy arrived at the great hall and took a look around in wounder. "well Midnight this place keeps getting better and better I mean just look at his place". She saw a stool with a hat on it and smirked with excitement "Oh i hope i get Slytherian like my mom and dad".

She Looked around at all the other students and Did not find anyone she knew too well so she decided to stand around in the back till the sorting started.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Tagging: Anyone, Zoe (waves back to); Talking to Samson

"I'm assuming that is your sister?" Emilia asked as she nodded a gesture toward the girl who'd just waved at her. Again she giggled and again she covered her mouth so as to hide her smile and quiet the sound. "She seems fairly excited to say the least." She paused a moment as she waved back to the girl. Still smiling a bit, she looked back up at Samson. "And yes, there is indeed a 'mixer' after the ceremony. So, I'll be staying around for that. We can talk more then for sure, if you'd like and perhaps with some others as well. It's a great way to meet people, especially being new like yourself." Wanting to be reassuring that he was welcome, she then reached out and gently brushed his arm. "And perhaps we can go into Hogsdale one of these weekends. There's always something going on and people head in all the time. No doubt people will be making plans at the 'mixer' for this coming weekend, so have no fear there." She paused again and tucked a strand of red hair behind an ear. "So, are you excited for the ceremony? Most new people are. It's always fun to see where everyone ends up."

16lz21v.jpg

Name: Ashley Shannon Palin (NPC)
House/Year: First, unsorted
Blood Type: Half-blood
Wand: Red Oak, 10 inches, Granian tail hair, supple and flexible
Broom: (if you have one on hand)
Attire: Travel cloak over basic Hogwarts uniform
Travel: N/A
Tagging: Katy

Ashley realized that she was now around people for the most part she didn't know, but then she spotted Katy. She was not really certain how to approach the girl, as she was a bit intimidated by how lovely she was. She took a deep breath, calm as she slowly moved closer to where she was against the wall. She hoped the girl was not going to be upset with her, and she thought calmly about what she should say. When she thought of it, then she spoke to her and hoped she was not being overly forward.

"Hi.. Katy, right? I am Ashley.. Ashley Palin. I apologize with not getting to say hi earlier... I am really interested in getting to know as many people as possible. I am from the United States as well. Where are you from in there?"

She bit her lip, really hoping to make friends with the girl at least.

canstock8508889.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Tagging:Emilia, anyone

Samson nodded to the question as to whom it was, "Yep, that is my sister, and yes, she is rather excited, you have to understand, you see, um, back home the neighbors, were the only people we talked to much outside of our house, and they lived at least a mile away from us," he commented with a smile. The mixer was next, it was going to be interesting to see what happened. He smiled at her comments, going to the town would be most fun, and it seemed from her words a rather active place. "He paused hearing her last question, "Actually a little, but not that much, it is just a start. I think, I will end up where I am meant to end up, always seems to work that way. Curious though, which house I will end up in, but we will see about that one, don't know to many people yet, so don't have a idea of whom is in which, minus your house, which seems like it would be a good one to be in, already," he said wit a half grin on his lips.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Tagging: Anyone; Talking to Samson

Emilia nodded as Samson talked about his sister along with his hometown. It sounded quite different from where she grew up even though they were indeed from the same country. Then, that was one of the wonderful things about the United States. The diversity of the landscape, the people, the cultures and backgrounds... It truly was the greatest of all 'melting pots'.

As conversation turned to the Sorting Ceremony and houses, Emilia blushed a bit at Samson's comment. Had he... flirted with her? That wasn't something she was used to. Most guys overlooked her due to her obvious traits - shy, flaming hair, freckles, pale. So it was an uncommon occurrence to be sure. But whether he'd flirted intentionally or not, she had to admit it was sweet and she couldn't help but smile a little.

"Thanks," Emilia replied. "I'm rather proud of my house, though we're probably the least populated. And since the war, Gryffindor tends to get the most students." At that she giggled a little, her hand reaching up to her mouth to cover it briefly until she quieted. "Though I'm sure you'll make a fine addition to whatever house you end up in."

ne6m87.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name: Nickolai Dominique, Nicko
House/Year:1st year/unsorted
Blood Type:Pure Blood
Wand: Willow, 10 and a quarter inches, flexible.Veela Hair Core
Broom: Don't have one
Attire:Standard Hogwarts Uniform

Nicko stopped off at one of the restrooms before heading into the Great Hall. When inside he looked around at everyone, he thought the Great Hall was magnificent his school in Germany was much smaller then Hogwarts was so to him everything was a lot different. He looked up to the front at the sorting hat and wondered where it would put him, he knew wherever he ended up he would make the best of it. Nicko stood against the wall by the door not wanting to sit at any of the tables until he was sorted.

1em8le.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name:Riku Taven
House/Year:1st year/unsorted
Blood Type:Muggle Born
Wand:Maple, 9.5 inches, slightly springy and pleasant.Hair from Centaur's tail Core
Broom:Don't have one
Attire:Standard Hogwarts Uniform

When Riku walked into the Great Hall she noticed a few familiar faces all of which were talking to someone. She spotted Nicko and gave him a smile and a friendly wave, he returned both. Riku decided to just walk around for a while until the sorting actually started, she didn't have anything else to do until then unless someone stopped to talk to her but she wasn't too worried about that she just wanted to know what house she would be placed in.

canstock8508889.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

canstock7377586.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Tagging:Anyone, talks to anyone fellow new students

Samson looked at her as he blinked for a moment thinking about where he was, and the situation, and then looked over for a moment at the sorting hat, he was starting to have a preference on where he would end up, though he didn't want to say it outloud. He looked back at Emilia, and smiled as she told him about her pride in her house. "Well the, I think that it would be a great place for me to go. I know at least one very pretty redhead whom happens to be in the house," he said with a grin as he pointed to her with his thub, giving her a small grin. "It is all going to be different, new, but I am sure I wll get used to which ever house I ended up, and thanks for the completement, your a sweet and beautiful woman, anyhow, I am sure you will end up with great new housemates, though I haven't talked to many of them, just you and my sister really," he added in quickly.

Zoe sat down by the other newer students and smiled, "Hi, aren't you all excited, I sure know I am, this is going to be so cool," she said hardly holding in her excitement about being put into one of the houses. She didn't care a bit which one, just wanted to have a house, and a start to her school year, that was the most important thing to her actually, so much to do.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Emilia blushed as Samson complimented her yet again. She truly wasn't used to such things. "Thank you," she said with a smile. "Well, if you do end up in Hufflepuff you'll make an excellent addition. But if you don't, you'll have at least one friend here among this house." As a gesture of friendship, she reached out and gently brushed his arm, letting him know she was being sincere and genuine in what she was saying. "And don't worry about not knowing anyone yet. The school is rather big. I still don't know everyone here myself and I've been here for three years. It does take time. But that is also why they hold the 'mixers' every year. It helps us all to meet everyone, new and returns alike." She gave him another smile, hoping that her words reassured him in some way. Yes, Secondary was indeed a large place, but it was fun too. It was one of those places where it was what one made of it. But from the looks of Samson and his sister, she was certain they'd have no troubles fitting in.

Name: Katy swift
House/Year:unsorted /first year
Blood Type:half
Wand:Chestnut, light brown , 6in, unicorn hair
Attire:the schools robes with a black tshirt with a white tiger on it with blue jeans and black and white sneakers
Tagging:Ashly

Katy had been looking around and lost in her own thoughts when she heard someone say her name. She turned to look at the girl asking her if she was Katy and telling her her name was Ashly Palin. Katy smiled and nodded her head then said "Yea I'm Katy Katy Swift is my full name Nice to meet you Ashly".

"I'm also from the untied states as well and That's okay I really did not say hi to you ether kinda just played follow every one around like a lost puppy or something" Katy thought to herself boy do i sound stupid. Katy held out her hand to the girl and said "Nice to meet you is this your first year here its mine". "yea its fun getting to know people I also like to know as many people as possible here as well".

16lz21v.jpg

Name: Ashley Shannon Palin (NPC)
House/Year: First, unsorted
Blood Type: Half-blood
Wand: Red Oak, 10 inches, Granian tail hair, supple and flexible
Broom: (if you have one on hand)
Attire: Travel cloak over basic Hogwarts uniform
Travel: N/A
Tagging: Katy

Ashley took Katy's hand, and was pleased that now she was getting to know another student. It was so cool they were both from the States, but of course from different areas of the country. She nodded at Katy's words, agreeing totally with the fun of getting to know others. She tilted her head as she thought for a second the other girl was second guessing her words, but she let that go.

"I know that feeling.. the lost puppy thing. I had seen pictures and all of this place, but I had such loss as to how to get around myself. I so also haven't a clue as to picking out a major either.. I am hoping the Sorting will go well too. Any house you are favoring?"

canstock8508889.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Samson looked at Emilia and notice the blush on her face as he tilted his head for a moment and smiled back. He nodded, he was happy that he would in fact have at least one friend in this place, that he would be able to have someone to talk to other then his sister. It was possible he would make more, at the mixer, but to start of with one friend, especially such a beautiful redhead would be something that he considered to be most pleasant as it were. "Well thank you, you are a most helpful young woman," he said with a calm tone to his voice as he looked over at Emilia. "So um, where is your boyfriend," he asked looking around, "I am surprised he isn't here next to you," he said assuming such a beauty would have at least a boyfriend, if not multiple suitors.

5evf4o.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Alice Katherine Snow, Alice
House/Year: Ravenclaw/4th year
Wand: Cherry, 10in, Unicorn Hair, Swishy
Attire: Ravenclaw uniform and robes.
Tagging: Anyone, Sam

Alice made her way into the castle and through the doors leading into The Great Hall. The Sorting Ceremony was going to be starting soon and all the students - returns and new alike - were milling about and finding their places, slowly but surely. She recognized some of the faces, but there were several that were new. Some were definitely first years while others were older and obviously transfers from other schools similar to her beloved Secondary. It was always interesting learning the stories behind why some people would transfer mid-way like that. But it usually took her a while to learn such things given how shy she was. Typically, she learned such things from others in her house or through Sam. Sam had a much easier time talking to people than she did. Then again, he was a Gryffindor after all. Outgoing, brave. She loved that about him. And now, after that kiss...

Oh yes, that was a kiss Alice would never forget. Smiling and feeling light, she found herself actually eager for the 'mixer' and hoped that she and Sam could make plans for the upcoming weekend. Their first true plans as a couple.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Emilia's eyes widened a little. "Oh gosh," she said with a nervous giggle. "I don't have a boyfriend." Samson's question took her very off guard. Never had anyone ever asked her such a thing let alone care. It was a total surprise to say the least. "Though I'm glad I could be helpful," she added before pausing a moment to let her giggling subside. "I like helping people when I can. Plus, I love the school as well as Hogsdale. It's a pretty place." And it was, at least to her. She adored taking walks into town and enjoying a tea or coffee in the local cafe whenever the chance arose. Though since she didn't have very many friends, most of those times she went by herself. But it was just as well as far as she was concerned. Then she wasn't held to anyone else's schedule and she didn't have to worry about going some place another didn't fancy for fear of making them bored or annoyed since that was the last thing she ever wanted to do to a friend. Then again.... it would be nice to have friends. People who wanted her around, who genuinely liked her, people she could confide in..... ah, if only..... Maybe, just maybe, this year she could finally make some really good friends.

canstock8508889.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

The response took Samson off guard a bit, having expect to hear that she had one. He blinked and shook his head, "really that is quite the surprise, a lovely beauty such as yourself, well, I guess wonders never cease," he said calmly as he then smiled, "yep, you have been most helpful, and I am sure you will be helpful in learning about the town, and getting to find my way around," he said with a smile. "So, could you take me on a tour of the town, say tomorrow after all of this stuff is over and everything is settled down a good bit," he asked as he looked her in the eye for a moment. "Your my first new friend here and spending time with my new friend will be most lovely," he added in as he tried to talk her into the idea. He figured, such a trip would be fun, he would get to know this redhead better, and see the two, a double win in his book at least.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Emilia smiled warmly at Samson. "Really, you flatter me. But thank you for the compliment." She paused a moment and tucked a strand of red hair behind an ear and flicked the rest over her shoulder. "As for tomorrow? Well, everyone will probably be hunkering down in their dorms doing assignments and such being the first week of class and all. Typically the first week or so everyone is trying to find their groove with everything during the weekdays. But on the weekends people go out and about. We can make plans with people at the 'mixer' after the ceremony for this coming weekend. Usually people do as it's sort of become a tradition." Again she smiled. "So, why don't we plan for that. I think it would be a lot of fun."

2r23dvs.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: Samual Christopher Anderson (Sam, Chris, Andy)
House/Year: Gryffindor, Sixth year
Blood Type: Full
Wand: 12 inches, Sycamore, Dragon heartstring, flexible, attached to the hilt of a Royal Navy cutlass.
Broom: Not yet
Attire: Gryffindor travel uniform
Travel: From home to the Station, arriving
Tagging: Anyone, Alice

Samuel was still thinking about the kiss, as well as juggling thoughts about what to do in town on their first weekend together. He was very glad that Alice was being so receptive to the idea of them in a relationship, as he felt friendship was the grounds anything deeper should be build on. He was surveying all that they had there in the Great Hall, nodding in a very respectful way at what a good crop of first years they had. He was impressed, almost as much so as how Alice had responded to the kiss. He was looking around, nodding and acknowledging other returning students when a strange figure caught his eye.

"Well now... who might that be?"

After the Headmistress and her had their talk, she did feel a bit better. It was not favoritism she had received, rather that the woman wanted to assure her that the proper measures would be taken to insure both her safety and the safety of the other students. "Considering your background... no offense, dear... those precautions have to be taken." She had understood, and now, still with her cloak on, she moved into the Great Hall. She moved where she could sit as unobtrusive as possible. She was wearing the standard unsorted Hogwarts Uni uniform, as she had had time to change. She really couldn't do anything about her figure, and she could tell more than a few male students stare. She hated that, and wish she could change some things...

5evf4o.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Alice Katherine Snow, Alice
House/Year: Ravenclaw/4th year
Wand: Cherry, 10in, Unicorn Hair, Swishy
Attire: Ravenclaw uniform and robes.
Tagging: Anyone, Sam

Alice moved a bit closer to Sam and turned to see who he was talking about. Across the way she caught sight of a female student entering The Great Hall, one she didn't recognize at all so she was obviously a first year. The odd thing, however, was that she was being escorted by the Headmistress herself.

"Odd," Alice whispered to Sam. "Why is McAllistair with her? Maybe she'll make an announcement at the ceremony?"

Alice honestly wasn't sure, but more than likely that would be the time. It wasn't everyday that the Headmistress escorted anyone in such a fashion, especially a student. No doubt this student was special in some way. Deciding that to be the case, she then looked about the hall for Lori. She glanced over at Ravenclaw table, but she was nowhere to be found and she couldn't find her anywhere else within the large room either.

"Lori's not here yet?" Alice then whispered to Sam. "She's never been late to the Sorting."

Back
Top Bottom