Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts Revised: Hogwarts Secondary - OOC Chatter

Don't be shocked if an NPC thread shows up in the not too distant future. I envision it consisting of GM-created NPCs and game-participant-created NPCs. Just a quick FYI. So be on the lookout for that in announcements in the near future and then for the thread, obviously, as well. One that'll get updated as the game progresses over time, etc etc.

I'm very much enjoying how the characters are all slowly unfolding.... seriously, I cannot wait to see how things progress with them all. How friendships strengthen or change or what have you. How people grow and that sort of thing. So far, I'm very impressed. Just wanted to tell everyone that. :)

I also am very impressed with all of the efforts in the writing here. I do hope that all of you are willing to kept up the good work, and that all will be as exceptional later as it is now.

I will make sure i stay away from the one liners even if i have to write flash backs from her child hood or set back and take my time on the post like in take hours till i get over writers block.

So when should I change from like one place to another? I mean how will someone know to come along with me lol Like with Lexi and Katy walking together how will they know when to switch to another thread/place. Sorry I've just never done a group RP like this so I'm a little unsure of how to get around all the places lol

I would do what seems natural. In your writing, write your conversation but some action as well... have your character walk a bit or do something that progresses them to their destination along with anything else they might be doing, etc etc. If you know you're trying to head somewhere in particular in a reasonable amount of time, you can push to have a few exchanges per thread with someone, ie allow for opportunity to have those exchanges (and if someone does you can have them as needed but still push toward progression). When it feel comfortable to move on, just do so since everyone around you should be striving toward the same thing and thus follow along as needed. If it feels like it's dragging, push on ahead... just like you would in a real life conversation. So, in your exchanges with Katy, you can always write in how your own is happy to have met her and is eager to get to know her better and that as she's talking with her she sees the station's exit ahead as they slowly move toward it together as they both walk and talk together. Something like that...... Katy can then choose to follow you or not if you choose to have yours leave. See? Hope that helps.... :)

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is it possible to inherit wands with cores not listed or to have the wand made from furniture or some wood treasured by the family?

My co-GM is the better one to answer this, but my own input on this would be.... probably only under extreme circumstances. Like say, if the witch or wizard was super powerful and super creative and able to somehow develop a wand on their own like that. From what I know of HP-verse, wands are a tricky thing when made and this is why there are only certain companies (like Olivander's as an example) that make them. The art isn't cut and dry and some of it is unexplainable. So, while not outside the realm of possibility, I'd say it's not something you'd come by all the frequently. But again, I'd wait for my co-GM to add his input as well.

darkangel76 said:
My co-GM is the better one to answer this, but my own input on this would be.... probably only under extreme circumstances. Like say, if the witch or wizard was super powerful and super creative and able to somehow develop a wand on their own like that. From what I know of HP-verse, wands are a tricky thing when made and this is why there are only certain companies (like Olivander's as an example) that make them. The art isn't cut and dry and some of it is unexplainable. So, while not outside the realm of possibility, I'd say it's not something you'd come by all the frequently. But again, I'd wait for my co-GM to add his input as well.

No problem. Just need to think over it first, as it will partially decide where my character's family originated from. A core of the Prince's feather, Jersey Devil talon, gremlin tendon... Core Gernikako Arbola one of the Great British Trees, or from one of the Cedars of God. Though I would of course be able to settle with a regular wand, made with pine wood from the Red Forest, and the core of the White Dragon. All far fetched, no doubt, and far more likely to happen with the no doubt larger and more diverse wizarding population, especially given that it is around 2080 and they have likely grabbed a fair amount of ideas from the non-magical media. Which is something that I am needing to consider for my character and his views on there being so many Yanks around. And just so I know, for purposes of this game, do you consider Hogwarts to be in the northern or southern Highlands.

Just letting you know I spoke to my co-GM a bit about this and he'll be posting something about this and amending what he's already put up to help accomodate to an extent. :)

Just wanted to let you know so you could be on the lookout for it. But the basic gist from what he told me, if the wood was already enchanted and/or has inherent magical properties, then it should be fair game for use in being used to make a wand. Then, it's just a matter of getting your core. :)

As for the region.... I'm actually envisioning a region bordering the areas you mentioned. So probably the southern borders of the northern highlands (or the northern borders of the southern highlands depending on how you look at it). But either way, the area will be semi populated. Though the towns won't be overly large. Just large enough. And the one that's near the castle borders the North Sea. The island (though ficticious for our purposes) is on the outskirts of the city and several miles out into the North Sea. It can be reached via boat from the city near the castle. Hope that helps. If only I could draw.... I would attempt.

darkangel76 said:
Just letting you know I spoke to my co-GM a bit about this and he'll be posting something about this and amending what he's already put up to help accomodate to an extent. :)

Just wanted to let you know so you could be on the lookout for it. But the basic gist from what he told me, if the wood was already enchanted and/or has inherent magical properties, then it should be fair game for use in being used to make a wand. Then, it's just a matter of getting your core. :)

As for the region.... I'm actually envisioning a region bordering the areas you mentioned. So probably the southern borders of the northern highlands (or the northern borders of the southern highlands depending on how you look at it). But either way, the area will be semi populated. Though the towns won't be overly large. Just large enough. And the one that's near the castle borders the North Sea. The island (though ficticious for our purposes) is on the outskirts of the city and several miles out into the North Sea. It can be reached via boat from the city near the castle. Hope that helps. If only I could draw.... I would attempt.

Might I suggest Gruinard? While not on the North Sea, it was called Anthrax Island until sometime 2007, when it was finally deconatimated after two decades of hard work caused by college student terrorists. Seems as good as any an area to buy up after the War, when the government eventually would sell it. Also an island in Canada I could suggest for the Americans. On a side note, is it possible to flirt around with the teachers or is there ettique involved, such as only to those close to their age or in a class they aren't taking?

I will look into that and see. :)

As for the teacher thing? That was actually mentioned in 'requests/announcements', lolol. The answer there.... yes, you may. Just you have to be on the discreet side or else the professor is risking their job potentially. You should be able to find the post about that. But, if you notice...... there's a little of that already sort of starting. XD

I am going to address some of the wand issues that have recently been broached on here. I apologize for it talking long, but I had to check resources related to this game, in particular the titular series itself, on the points brought up. Pleased look to the Wand Thread for a soon to be posted rules clarification on wands as it will affect characters' wands both in creation of character, as well as potential replacement possibilities.

There are, as there would be in any university, and it's professor dependent. So they can vary quite a bit in regards to what needs the professor might have for research, the class they are hired to teach or any pet projects they might be working on.

This may take a while. Found the right picture, but that has led to my character having stunted growth, connections to Justin Finch-Fletchley, and being part Indian. I am half thinking I could make my own RP with the shear amount of family branches I have got. Should I list them seperately? And country of origin. The own they were born in, lived in, descended from? Also, more questions. Which courses cover warding and magitek? Half think I should just go for a teacher.

You are more than welcome to RP as a professor. That is totally fine. There's a list of the basic courses in the profile thread as a guide, but if you can think of another that could be interesting and still be canon, by all means bring it up for discussion. Also, feel free to play more than one role if you wish or to make up some NPCs (just remember that NPCs will include family for sure as they do for everyone involved who makes up family members, but that all NPCs shouldn't be considered permanents. They can be recurring of course and even cause an impact, just make sure that posting isn't going to be hung up on them if there are delays or something along those lines... there's a thread for NPC requests, so be sure to take a peek). As for mains, so long as they fit the profile template, you can include as much info as you'd like, though there's no need to go crazy if you don't want. Remember, you can reveal things over time if you'd like. Up to you really. But you can always discuss things with GMs.

I have noticed that many of you are wishing for tragic backstories but haven't entirely fleshed them out yet. If you so wish, I can have your family get cut in the crossfire of some honour killings.

Back
Top Bottom