Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts Revised: Hogwarts Secondary - OOC Chatter

I know that both Alice and Lori are Ravenclaw and not too terribly far off in age. So, as such, Alice is going to see Lori as an older sister type given she's an only child and Lori will embrace that given her own issues with feeling abandoned as well.

I'm thinking that with Lori being quite a bit older than Lexi (not to mention being super introverted, which Alice is as well and more so than Lori even), perhaps she'll know of her from the days of Hogwarts. And what she knows of her is less than desirable. Then, at Secondary, perhaps that changes a bit and she feels badly for her in some ways and starts opening up more since now she's embracing that idea that all people have goodness in them and that there's hope for her, etc. Maybe that can even perplex Lexi somewhat at first.

With Tech, I can say that those nicknames alone are going render both my Ravenclaws a bit leery of him. As introverts and kind-hearted ones at that, they won't understand why they've been branded as such. I know for a fact that Lori won't appreciate being reminded of such a dreadful time in her life. And Alice won't like being called something that makes her come off as a cold individual when she's extremely sensitive. Neither will outwardly show this, but on the inside, it will hurt them.

Ooops I swore I read 3rd year lol sorrrry I was super tired at the time, loooooong day yesterday. Either way though I like your idea.

LOL! No worries.... Anyway, I filled in some stuff for the diaries for my 2 characters. Still have more charries to go, so others have to speak up.... :)

Also, should probably add that we probably can't say much about the new people entering who are transfers that never attended Hogwarts. I say this because none of us know them yet and are literally meeting them for the first time at the start of the RP. So, we can't really start adding them to the diaries until we meet them at the Sorting Ceremony, which is around where I see this game kinda sorta starting. MAYBE a little before... but I have to finalize that with my co-GM first. But either way, no one will know anything about them save outward appearance until they meet them at the Sorting or after the Sorting. :)

This is all looking very good, and I also agree about the transfer students. Perhaps some got to know each other on the trip to Hogs Uni, but they now have the chance to learn about and get to know the returning students, even the returning ones who come directly from Hogwarts Primary.

I am thinking that there should be an old style Student Faculty Mixer type get together before or after the first feast.

Thoughts?

OH YES! DEFINITELY! I think that would be a great way to start out! Perhaps we can have the game start out where people are arriving for the first day. That is, the day of the Sorting Ceremony (no classes or anything). This would mean, everyone starts out however they arrive be it by train, boat, apparating, however and they need to get from that location to the castle for the ceremony later that day. Then....... after the ceremony, the mixer! That sounds like a perfect way to start things off to me. :)

I am proposing, not saying as I am not the only person affected here, this idea on the first day. It is a simple outline schedule for some of the major events, but plenty of space for other things to happen.

Arrivals
Settling in
Supplies check ( mostly a self-imposed thing..I am proposing this as I am seeing that the nearby town is like most college towns and has supplies in case people forgot or lost things...)
Meet and greet (short and for all, allowing transfers and returning students time to see and introduce)
The Sorting (For the Uni First Years and transfers) and Feast
The Mixer (this can be after the Sorting and Feast or before.. mainly for those with last minute things to catch up on can share and for those with last minute moments to work through them before the school year launches with the Sorting...)

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

I like that time line a lot. It'll mean a few more threads for us to make..... lol. But that shouldn't be too much trouble at all. :)

Hey guys so sorry about the delay in posts I had to move all my stuff into a fourth floor apartment ha ha and then had to get my net turned on everything is looking great to me :)

No worries. That's totally understandable! Welcome back!!!!!! Glad you like how things are looking.... we've all been busy. :)

Well, the game itself hasn't started yet, but as you can see, it's getting close..... we've established how it'll start.... *points up* :)

But, what you can do, is start thinking about the diary thing. See if anything pertains where you can fill it out. I forget who exactly has transfers vs people who come directly from Hogwarts Primary (as we're calling it for distinguishing, lol). Since people who went to Hogwarts Primary either knew each other or 'of' each other, there's a bit of history. We all sort of started discussing that. So feel free to add a bit there. I know I added in some stuff based on some things a couple people said. :) I'll be filling in more as others say stuff and even more after the game starts.

Not sure who has or hasn't looked at the newest threads put up for our eventual posting...... but, errr... I had to tweak it. Silly me realized I put the town to the west when clearly the ocean is to the east! >.< So.... yeah. Fixed that. lolol.

I'm not sure I understand the diary section could you possibly explain it for me I read it thoroughly I just can't seem to figure it out it's the first time I've ever used a diary system in an RP sorry :(

Basically, the point of it is to keep track of a few things AND for us all to have a little extra fun with the whole RP experience. The keeping track part is to keep track of who knows who from where and how things develop over the course of the RP itself. This way if new people join in at any given time, they can glance at the diaries and see where things are with characters without having to go through all the RP threads. That would just be insane for them. And for us to have to give them all the details could take a while too. This will make it easier. PLUS.... it'll be fun for us to see how things go with our characters. To see how relationships form and change over the course of the RP. Some might be drama-filled, others not. Overall, could be pretty interesting and a lot of fun. :)

oh so if I like interact with your character per say and they do something fun or dangerous together I would write it down in like a first-person tense as if I were writing in a diary for my character? That's the idea I'm getting from it please correct me if I'm wrong

You can, if you'd like. I'd put down the most pertinent experiences. Mundane daily stuff won't matter much, but yes. Anything significant, go for it. :)

Ohh.... and the 'to start' part is the first impression more or less. So, if they just meet at the Sorting/Mixer, just give the first impression. If they knew each other prior at Hogwarts Primary, you can say thoughts they had on each other from there. The second section, 'evolving thoughts', that's where the RP comes in. :)

Ok I can write both first and third person so it'll be good to do both ha ha :) I don't really have anything as of right now but I see others have posted should I do the same as them?

You can, if you are able to. I know for mine, some discussion was had about Tech and Lexi in regards to Lori and Alice. All attended Hogwarts Primary together, so they are acquainted at the very least. And Tech is also Ravenclaw on top of it. So, we have some first impressions sorted there a little. Still have a few others to figure out, but it's a start. And worst come to worst, once the Sorting starts, I'm sure we'll flesh more out. :)

Not all the classrooms! Are you nuts! It's crazy enough I have to post corridors to get us to and from the common rooms and such.....

Back
Top Bottom