Mugen (1×1 w/ Jikkah)

“And you as well, Etsuko-san.” She nodded to her, gathering her few things before heading out. She would he straight back to her village to report her findings, knowing she would have a difficult time explaining what she had encountered, but she would have to make do.

Etsuko traveled by day, making it back to the mansion in a few days time. She reunited with Giyuu and told him what she had encountered; how she was injured by Tengen's brother and barely managed to defeat him with the help of Moriko.

He nodded slightly, expression sullen as always. “It sounds like you brought back good information- job well done, Etsuko.” Giyuu said calmly. “And your wounds? How are they healing?”

"Ah," she glanced at them from under her haori; the wound had opened just slightly while she was traveling, staining her uniform softly with fresh blood, "I didn't realize it had reopened until my guard was down. Forgive me, Giyuu-san, I guess I was careless." She said sheepishly.

His face showed little, but there was a soft tinge of concern in his eyes. “Get your wounds tended too right away, take some time to recuperate.”

She nodded, "Yes, of course...I saw Akatsuru-san on my way in, I'll ask for her aid." She bowed carefully before smiling a bit, "It's good to see you again, Giyuu-san...seeing you in good health does my heart good.."

“Is that so?” He asked softly, turning his head away from her, fixing his gaze on the far wall. “If it does you good, then I’m gad for it.”

She smiled more, always having seen a good friend in Giyuu and she tried her best to be as friendly with him as he would allow. He always seemed resigned and a bit sad, so she did what she could so he wasn't so lonely.
"I'll see Akatsuru-san now...maybe we could catch up once I'm well enough? If you wanted, that is. I don't wish to impose on any potential business."

Back
Top Bottom