Mugen (1×1 w/ Jikkah)

Once more she tumbled to the ground painfully, wincing in pain and quickly turning back to face him, nodding quickly. “I won’t..! I promise!”

The threat made her stomach churn, her face pale as she nodded her head. There went her last chance to escape, but her odds weren’t great to begin with due to her injured leg.

Etsuko’s kasugai crow circled overhead, squeaking to get her attention. “Emergency! Emergency! A village to the south has been attacked by a demon! You must go and see to it right away!” The crow cawed anxiously. Etsuko had just been over that way investigating the Uzui clan massacre.

"In the South...?" Etsuko repeated, before the pieces clicked together; her eyes widened as her body burned with anxiety, "Moriko-san!"
"Etsuko?" Akatsuru frowned, coming into the room with her medicine. Etsuko was already grabbing her blade, looking over quickly.
"Please forgive me, Akatsuru-san, but I must go! It's urgent!" She said and rushed out, "Come on, Tsukuyami-chan!" She yelled for her crow as she hurried off.

The crow zipped after her on command, landing on her shoulder to hitch a ride. “A single demon! Down south!” She repeated.

“Not Tengen Uzui! Didn’t recognize!” The bird ruffled its wings anxiously. “Couldn’t get close! Killed everything!”

"Shimatta..." She muttered and tried to run faster, "Tsukuyami-chan, if I don't make it out of this fight, please tell Giyuu-san everything...if anyone can deal with this demon in my place, it's him.."

The crow made a sad and quiet noise, but squawked. “Tell Giyuu-san, I promise to tell Giyuu-san!” The crow promised, but seemed saddened by the idea of Etsuko dying.

Moriko lay battered on the ground, covered in cuts and bruises, not daring to even try and stand while the demon was still there.

She fought tears again, his words spurring her up onto her feet unsteadily. She had gone through worse in training, had endured far more brutal punishment than this.

She was sniffling, eye swelling shut with a rather lovely bruise, lip busted and bleeding. Despite taking several dozen hits, she was still able to get up, and she wasn’t even close to dying from her injuries yet.

She didn’t want to try to get past him again, she was only going to get hurt again, still she did it anyway. She made a dash to his left, exhausted and in pain, but still trying.

She cried out, having the wind knocked out of her, seeing stars as she tumbled to the floor. She wheezed as she vomited, struggling to catch her breath.

She was surprised her ribs didn’t break, struggling to catch her breath as she slowly wobbled back to her feet.

She held her side, taking a few more shaky breathes before she tried again, like a desperate animal with no other options.

Back
Top Bottom