Mugen (1×1 w/ Jikkah)

She would swear she could hear and feel the entire building creaking and shifting around her outside the room she was trapped in, closing her eyes and focusing on anything she could pick up. She didn’t even think of escaping this time, but that didn’t stop her from wanting to know more about where she was.

He nodded. “It’s important to practice with the weight of a real blade as well as a wooden one.” He instructed. “And you’ve been training hard along side everyone, be confident in your progress! Now, come at me!”

He was quick to defend, movements quick and fluid as water as he parried her, then retreated a few quick steps to force her to come to him once again. “Good! Again!”

Tanjirou met her blade once more with his own, the sharp clang of steel as it was deflected once again, this time Tanjirou counter-attacking. He didn’t swing will his full power, just enough to be a challenge for Akatsuru to block.

She did, only just barely, and pushed him back as best as she could. She gripped her blade and shifted back before shooting forward, using all of her momentum to swing her blade downward in an arc. It was the same formation and movement as the Hinokami Kagura.

Tanjirou’s eyes widened in shock, almost being caught off guard and struggling to deflect her blade in time. After deflecting her blade he stood frozen, looking at Akatsuru with shock and awe on his face. “M-Miss Akatsuru, where did you learn that form..!?” He asked, lowering his blade.

“Learned from watching?” He echoed, thinking for a moment. “Akatsuru-san that’s amazing!” He praises, beaming brighter than the sun. “How did it feel? The move, did it feel natural?”

“That’s great!” He was excited for her, already finding a potential path for breathing style. “Let’s try it again, see if you can replicate it.” He said, readying himself once more. “Focus on the feeling of the movements.”

She nodded and took a breath, just like Tanjirou had taught her, and she shot forward just as before. She used her momentum and swung in a downward arc, same as before, and for a moment it was like he could feel warmth from the sun follow her blade.

He had to be quick with his party, but there was more follow through with her swing, making him stumble off balance briefly this time. “That’s excellent, Akatsuru-san!” He praised again, proud of her growth.

His face flushed a bit from the compliment, waving his hand. “Please, Akatsuru-san, the hard work and dedication you’ve put into honing your skills is all thanks to your own efforts. You know… It seems like you have a natural talent for Sun Breathing… Perhaps instead of Water Breathing I can shift our training into Sun Breathing, though I’m still working on perfecting the moves myself.” He admitted with a smile.

"Sun breathing...?" She repeated, "I've never heard of it...Ebi never brought it up before..." She then frowned, "I'm sorry if this makes my training harder for you, Kamado-kun.."

Back
Top Bottom