Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Westbrook OOC

If any questions, comments, needs to edit, if you guys let me know the what, where, how,why. The who is me, the when is "as soon as I read your reply." I think I covered all bases? Rough evening, my friend is recovering from being sick, but rest will help, so... yeah, I can be clear headed and see if I missed a note to self when I posted.

A cat version of Beast. Never really thought of it like that but that makes perfect sense even though Su-Ji does not have fur covering her body.

I fell into the trap from my own waiting days. The "we have" instead of "we only have"

The Mom and Pop restaurant I worked at, had only Coke products. Someone asked for a Pepsi, "We have Coke products..." We were NEVER to tell the customer we didn't have the one they asked for, yet still push the one we did. Windy is in that situation, though I'm still not sure it would have made a difference to say "only" in this case.

I'm only seeing that with Blair s reply.

I've been thinking. Would it be too much of a stretch that Su-Ji's home was relatively close to The Golden Spoon. Like maybe a block or two away, close enough for Su-Ji's heightened sense of hearing to pick up the commotion when Blair finally acts out?

That would put her more closer to the High School than college, and kinda fit why it would take Ginger 36 minutes to get there...

I don't have a problem with it, myself. As I've said, we are collectively building Westbrook.

Also; it just hit me. If Ginger is Magneto (but good), Su-Ji is a feline version of Beast, then Windy (rather than being a young female version of Flash) would be Quicksilver.

I am looking forward to Westbrook's public reaction to witnessing the tornado made by Windy smack-dab in the middle of some buildings. A tornado forming between buildings is something I'm pretty sure does not happen, since wind needs lots of space to pick up speed and the difference in pressure to turn upwards into the whirlwind it becomes.

"People got Superpowers man" is the easiest explanation

I think it will be interesting to see the public's reaction to all of the powers as intrepid reporter Scoops and her fearless cameraperson unravel the story ... I'm even thinking they could be first on the scene after Blair tears up The Golden Spoon and possibly gets into a fight with Kitty and Ginger.

@MsBloom How did I get Windy's exact top speed? Physics and math. Take the circumference of the earth. Windy traverses that in half an hour (it will be learned and calculated later by her NPC friends Zapper and Molly).

Therefore, twice the circumference, must be her top speed, per hour. Also. Unless a racing firesuit or her specially made one (in image) her clothes burn off from friction. This is why she asked Alex how much she knows about what went down at school that day. She used her power twice, and ended up naked both times. She got banned from running on school grounds until she finds something that won't burn off. Which she temporarily has. Her mom's old pink racing firesuit.

Ginger, who reads Marvel, would think that, you're 100% right. But what if someone doesn't read Marvel? They read DC?

@Inkybus Whirlwinds are a common factor in urban areas and between buildings. They just aren't going at Windy's insane speed. Tornadoes are just wind. The only way we see them, is from condensation in the clouds, and when they pick up debris from the ground.

Agreed, MsBloom. Plus, anticipate a fun time for the legislative power to deal with powers. What are they going to do?

Make laws to include inalienable rights to people with powers? Or will they make laws that make superpowers illegal? Only time will tell.

Therefore, twice the circumference, must be her top speed, per hour. Also. Unless a racing firesuit or her specially made one (in image) her clothes burn off from friction. This is why she asked Alex how much she knows about what went down at school that day. She used her power twice, and ended up naked both times. She got banned from running on school grounds until she finds something that won't burn off. Which she temporarily has. Her mom's old pink racing firesuit.
She is also a public super then? Because there is no way a bunch of horny young peeps in school wouldn't disseminate the information of a superfast classmate to their social media.

Accidentally. Anyone who saw her at lunch (she could very well have NSFW pictures taken of her without her knowing it), or physical education (phones would be locked in lockers, though) would know she's got major speed. Keep in mind though, Windy is 16, so any pictures of her posted would be illegal. Erin would be in there in no time. They'll also be taken down in no time.

Accidentally. Anyone who saw her at lunch (she could very well have NSFW pictures taken of her without her knowing it), or physical education (phones would be locked in lockers, though) would know she's got major speed. Keep in mind though, Windy is 16, so any pictures of her posted would be illegal. Erin would be in there in no time. They'll also be taken down in no time.
Or witnesses could have noticed her power and then taken pictures of her when she was clothed again. And while they can be posted and taken down really fast... does Erin have a technopathy power?

Because even then it wouldn't really help with word-of-mouth.

And someone who can run so fast they combust their clothes with the friction would whirl up a storm of gossip.

Erin doesn't have technopathy, but as a police detective, would be on the lookout for that kind of image, and trained to spot it.

That's kinda what I'm expecting, since Windy wasn't careful with her abilities at first. Zapper saw her at lunch (and any member of the school AT lunch), Molly saw her at phys ed (as well as the rest of Windy's seventh bell classmates).

But what if someone doesn't read Marvel? They read DC?

I think you are either interested in superhero comics or you're not.

Or will they make laws that make superpowers illegal?

This is usually the common route taken by human civilisation though.

Because there is no way a bunch of horny young peeps in school wouldn't disseminate the information of a superfast classmate to their social media.

Especially if her superspeed renders her naked. Which just reminded me of that scene from Fantastic 4 where Torch and Invisible Woman get their powers mixed up and she burns off her not flame-resistant clothes. I can imagine many of aforementioned horny young peeps would consider it a Kodak moment.

Keep in mind though, Windy is 16, so any pictures of her posted would be illegal. Erin would be in there in no time. They'll also be taken down in no time.

Could be an interesting twist to the plot really.

We can keep all this in mind going forward. One of the many fun things about world building when one actually has involved partners like you two.

I lol'ed when MsBloom mentioned that scene from Fantastic Four. Thankfully, the outfit her nerdy friends are designing will be flame-resistant since they have to be friction resistant or even friction proof? Anyway, her mom's old racing firesuit can only take so much friction. It's a temporary bandage.

I spoke via PM by Velociraptor, who'll try to have something out by tomorrow or Saturday the latest, so we'll wait to see what she puts up first.

Actually, it would. She's a police detective.

I don't want her to feel left behind on the action. I'm thinking of replying to everything but Golden Spoon, later today, it's waaay past my bedtime, lol

Wow, after reading your reply, @Inkybus, the only show of how the 40 hour workweek for a medical professional is unrealistic, is a very real scenario with Rebecca using herself and her phobia of needles (although it's her own immune system that made her sicker in both flu and COVID vaccines) to show how the unexpected can come up, and take longer than the 15 minutes Amaya would have per appointment.

Look at it from the point of view of the mayor who wants to be re-elected.

On one hand, you have someone who can reliably literally bring people back from the brink of death and decimate cancer issues for the low-low price of a couple neurosurgeon's salaries and the huge boost in esteem and gratitude of all the people who would really like to keep on living. On the other, you can choose to say no because 'how dare this unique individual with a set of skills we need ask for stuff'- and then you will be faced with the opposing party who will sponsor said individual to get the boost in ratings they need in order to curbstomp you in the next elections.~

Back
Top Bottom