Westbrook OOC

You mean the heroes themselves, or the reporters?

I'll answer both.

Reporters: Ginger is only assuming they're the heroes backup, it's not that she ISN'T using her head, it's the problem she's overthinking. The only thing she got right in the scenario is Cheshire IS the field leader. In the comics, Magneto was back and forth between hero and villain, so the Captain's not sure if she can fully trust the girl with the magnetic powers. The speedster, as the farmgirl pointed out, is too young to be the field leader, at 16.

Heroes: The Captain, as well as other clean police, see these super powered people exactly as Rainier stated to Windy (which is why I loved that was mentioned by @MsBloom in Rainier's lecture). "Deputized to help the police", with rules, will keep the heroes in check and keep them from going vigilante and causing unnecessary damage to property and people when nabbing the villains. IE Collateral damage, which the press would have a field day with, no doubt.

Hope that helps, and now we need to name this team of four so far.

Amaya is unlikely to be on the frontlines, but it is very likely that she will allow a clause in her contract to prioritize law enforcement officers, medical personnel, firefighters and other Emergency Service personnel in her work, though she will retain the option to refuse this prioritization.

Marko will need a few years before he takes the plunge to become a filthy Fed.

Lol, remind Marko they're not feds, it's the local or state police, nothing higher. Helping the first responders would definitely benefit Amaya in her experience, both with her powers and the city Community Hospital is a part of.

Would still need something that would translate no matter how big the team gets.

Marko would nod and wink at you, exaggeratedly, and say "Sure, you are not Feds, sure! Yeah.." - the bigger problem is his distrust of authority, he will need a bit of time to cool his jets with that. Other than that, Marko does not want anyone to know his secret identity: becoming part of an organization like that would not be worth losing his anonymity. Of course, if you have an idea for how someone could unmask Marko's hero persona, I would hear you out and we can work something into the story.

We have plenty of investigators that could uncover Marko's secret, even by accident; just haven't figured out why yet. Sapphire, Edith: Reporters, and Olivia, secret agent for Cordonia. She's even got a cool canon name (well, to me) Agent Scarlet. Haven't decided if that'll be her hero name too, or not.

Reporters can snoop at just the right time in just the right place.

Olivia? Even spies accidentally uncover something they didn't expect if they look hard enough.

Like right place and time with the PR team reporters, Olivia could be nosing for something else entirely and run across Marko donning the costume, armor, or tuning the bike Olivia would have seen the armored guy riding.

Alexa is still very much on the fence. She might decide to lay low and keep her Umbra identity a secret as much as possible. And then we need to consider that she is not entirely in control of neither her body, mind or abilities (since at least two of those originate from an alien parasite (not entirely unlike Venom (or perhaps more like Carnage) ...

your new Jean Grey type character

She is only a work in progress though and like Marcos I am unsure if she would join a team of police sanctioned vigilantes. She might help temporarily if need be but probably go her own way for the most part.

My idea for introducing her would be in a situation where Schro has recuperated enough to use his powers on the police who have arrested him and break himself out of jail. I'm considering that she is only part time student counsellor while at the same time she is a counsellor at Westbrook Detention Center.

Now, there's a thought. We still need to find a way or chance for Windy to receive what we all know as weather related PTSD therapy (She doesn't realize it, though).

Also remember that while this hostage situation is going down Janelle is still curled up in a corner of her bed trying to sort the voices her head.

I should mention that Marko working on the bike does not happen outside: he works on it in his workshop/garage, which is very tightly locked down. It would require a good amount of planning and skill to get in to snoop.

The most likely way Marko may be found out is if his forcefield-bubble armor is compromised by a particularly powerful blow and the opaque field dissipates, letting people around him see what he is currently wearing underneath.

Quick update, there should be another storm passing by tomorrow where I live: in case it takes me longer to post, you know why.

"Shit on a stick!" but in Spanish (Mierda en un palo) Her go-to catchphrase for the RP. She's said it, I think, at least twice before. Her fellow police had probably heard it countless times, and have by now, since she's been a police officer since 18, known something was serious, and listen to what else she says. :oops:

Sorry, but I was chased out of the house so the carpet could be ripped up, which they didn't finish, because they found bedbugs... Which they knew going in was EXACTLY why we all (me. The tenant. AND the apartment managers) wanted it out. I'm going to try to finish my thoughts, but ask you two do NOT hasten your replies. I'm wanting to continue, just, obvious real life reasons, not right away. 😡

Found what it might actually be. Idiom or paralogia. I could have sworn an oft repeated phrase (Like Doc Brown's and Superman's "Great Scott!" was called something else). I'm still not doing super well & can't find the other half of my notes. Which would have had Kirkpatrick's remarks to Schro, so, I hate to ask, but if @MsBloom can bail me out if she can.

There were other things too, I thought I had something for Rainier but after he got him & Windy to the farm...

After my doctor's appointment today, I should be back. I'm just waiting on @MsBloom . I figured I just needed a week, away.

Yeah, I never found my notes for the rest of the police interaction including Capt Fitzpatrick w/ Schro or what I was going to do, to add to Rainier/Windy partner dynamic, but consider Rainier Windy's police partner with Erin still their overall lead.

Back
Top Bottom