Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Westbrook OOC

Uhh, she'd pull her punches, he'd probably be hit with winds around 85-115mph. Like I said, EF-1 (115 is high end EF-1) strength. She knocks him cold, it'd only be a day or two, not a fortnight (14 days. I play medieval RPs). More than likely he could be scraped up a bit, maybe bruised.
The average boxer punches at speeds going at 30mph. Does Windy suffer an effect of 'the faster she goes, the less mass her punches have behind them'? Because I remember she picked up her SO with no problem, so she is clearly stronger than the average Jane: her punch would shatter the average Joe's cranium, because I would assume that her own physiology is tough enough that she wouldn't shatter her own phalanges in the attempt of decking someone.

It wouldn't be a direct hit, she'd more use that velocity of hers to knock him down and around. And SO? Do you mean SH (Sweetheart) or LI (Love Interest)?

Again I use that she's still learning her power, so she'd go with actual wind speed first.

It wouldn't be a direct hit, she'd more use that velocity of hers to knock him down and around. And SO? Do you mean SH (Sweetheart) or LI (Love Interest)?

Again I use that she's still learning her power, so she'd go with actual wind speed first.
Love interest.

That's fair: that sort of wind might stagger him for a couple of seconds, so that would be good but not enough. More of such moves would be necessary to daze him or, if he staggered and hit his head against something or someone, even incapacitate him for a time.

I'm terminally online and read/heard it used for partners that were not yet married but in a serious committed relationship nonetheless. Some people eschew marriage because they don't care to follow Tradition and may feel stifled by it.

Significant Other was used exclusively for spouses.

In my world it actually doesn't include spouses. To me Significant Other is used about people you are in a serious relationship with but not married to. I think it was originally used to specify a partner without assuming marriage.

I guess, for the sake of continuity and lack of argument, Windy and Loni are high school sweethearts that are serious about each other and Windy has no intention of cheating on Loni?

Yeah, I just wanted to chime in with this because Schro would notice 'hey, we are missing one of our trio: what the heck?' and stop to figure out what happened before leaving: since he has vision on the inside of the bank by way of the hostages, he would realise what is going on.

He could also hear Captain Fitzpatrick constantly calling for Windy (calling her Race Car) to answer her, before finally threatening parental police action on her (going mom on her rebellious teenage ass).

Just to be clear my intention with Su-Ji side-tracking Alexa was not to sneak her away from Schro and Blair but to give her a choice to take a different path than the one she has started on.

And also just so we are clear on what's what; would Schro know if Alexa used her shapeshifting abilities to blend in with the other hostages and be rescued that way?

That depends, would you be willing to say that one of the hostages Schro looked out of the eyes of had Alexa in their Field of Vision and therefore Schro would be able to witness Alexa's change into an illusory hostage guise?

I imagine it would take a moment for Alexa to hesitate before switching to a different guise and adopting the illusory form of a captured bystander: unless she is completely cool with betrayal and gung-ho about burning bridges with Schro... and possibly Blair, but Blair is your character..

That depends, would you be willing to say that one of the hostages Schro looked out of the eyes of had Alexa in their Field of Vision and therefore Schro would be able to witness Alexa's change into an illusory hostage guise?

I suppose that is one option. Another option is that she does so out of sight of the other hostages.

Also: I can't help but wonder just how much sensory input from external sources Schro can actually handle. He is listening in on Cpt. Fitzpatrick through Erin's earpiece already. Then there is the input through his own senses and then on top of it all he is also taking in all the other hostages as well ... at the same time? Somehow I feel seems a bit much for one person (meta or not) to handle.

I imagine it would take a moment for Alexa to hesitate before switching to a different guise and adopting the illusory form of a captured bystander: unless she is completely cool with betrayal and gung-ho about burning bridges with Schro... and possibly Blair, but Blair is your character..

Of courses she would. And if she does it will only be to buy herself some time to think about what path to take.

Either way the more obvious way for Schro to notice that she hasn't left the bank with him and Blair is the simple fact that she is absent from the car when they get to it.

Or does perhaps Schro's ability deprive him of his own senses when he uses those of another?

Also: I can't help but wonder just how much sensory input from external sources Schro can actually handle
He can handle 3 extra perspectives for about 30 minutes. The maximum he can go to is 12, but he can only maintain that for 2 and a half minutes: it is like jogging and sprinting respectively for him. Once he has 'programmed' a hallucination in the perspective of someone, said hallucination will stay in play until he undoes it or until he passes out or dies.

Once he reaches his limit, the headache he gets from overusing his power staggers him and if he goes on for much longer he passes out.

Or does perhaps Schro's ability deprive him of his own senses when he uses those of another?
He can deprive himself of his senses in order to lighten the load: he did so before, but right now he isn't doing it. He has 3 perspectives open and is 'jogging' his mind as it were.

Just so y'all know? Erin suspects something's wrong with Windy's earpiece, but can't say anything to her Captain about it, due to her current situation.

What's wrong with Windy's earpiece? I might have missed something

I remembered that Alexa has darkvision and can sense shadows, so Schro would be able to tell which was her point of view if he flipped to her 'channel' properly. So there is that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom