Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

St. Mary's School for Bad Ass Bitches / Apocalypse World / OOC

Alright then, keep your secrets. 😄

@Inkybus, do we still need your Hx questions?

How about this:

One time, this guy, Shrimple, came through St. Mary's. He was a dodgy sort to begin with but had a lot of oddments to barter around - stuff that people wanted and stuff that people needed - so he got to trade in the market, use the brothel, get his gear fixed up, all of that. He disfigures one of the women working the brothel, then flees in the night.

Meat and Valkyrie go out after this guy. They find him. And they kill him. But it takes days for this guy to die. They take turns and do it slow, killing him inches at a time.

I think it might be why Valkyrie trusts Meat. Alana being kind and unafraid towards Meat that one time might be a contributing factor, too, depending on how much Alana's opinions on things matter to Valkyrie.
Works for me!

I don't know: where do I find that stuff?
You can find it in your playbook. The link the MC gave at the start (the link there is the same one) will take you to where you can see the playbooks (which is the first option on that website). Under the Hx section in Savvyhead's playbooks is where the questions are. It should be on page 24.

You'd ask the questions, and others would answer with what seems fit to their characters. Then you fill out the corresponding Hx to who did or did not answer.

I'm unsure what you're using there, but it seems to be only slightly different to the thing that I linked. Here's another link of the specific thing I was referring to on page 24 of that PDF that you can find in my prior post.

It specifically has you ask the questions for others to answer, as opposed to what that says, which seems to insinuate that you choose from those options, and even has this thing going on where you modify the Hx based on what others tell you you have. Perhaps that's the 1e ruleset?

I'm unsure what you're using there, but it seems to be only slightly different to the thing that I linked. Here's another link of the specific thing I was referring to on page 24 of that PDF that you can find in my prior post.

It specifically has you ask the questions for others to answer, as opposed to what that says, which seems to insinuate that you choose from those options, and even has this thing going on where you modify the Hx based on what others tell you you have. Perhaps that's the 1e ruleset?
Probably, yeah. I'll just avoid using it for now, though I would really rather have the full rulebook instead of just the bare bones.

Probably, yeah. I'll just avoid using it for now, though I would really rather have the full rulebook instead of just the bare bones.
You can find a .pdf of the full rule book online with some light searching. I won't link it here for legal reasons, but the playbook pdf should include all the rules and info you'll need as a player. The "full" rulebook is mostly for the MC, but I won't fault you for preferring to use that instead. It certainly explains some things at greater length, and is less condensed.

Also, I want to take the time to apologize for not being more present in the discussions. I intend to put together the first post this evening once I have all my ducks in a row.

You can find a .pdf of the full rule book online with some light searching. I won't link it here for legal reasons, but the playbook pdf should include all the rules and info you'll need as a player. The "full" rulebook is mostly for the MC, but I won't fault you for preferring to use that instead. It certainly explains some things at greater length, and is less condensed.

I don't think the free pdf has the equipment list of the full rules, which I think did cause some unclarity with regards to what the savvyhead has available as starting equipment.

-Which one of you is probably going to become a problem?
I can see arguments for a few different characters, but I don't see anyone else volunteering, so: It's Valkyrie. She and Nadja may get on pretty well, but the fact remains that Valkyrie is as likely to start a fight as she is to end one (and that's aside from the shit Nadja doesn't know about).

Which I think puts Valkyrie at the highest Hx on your sheet, if the others are +1 or -1. I'd highlight your Hard.
If @Silver Screen Fiend is ok with applying that retroactively, I think that means you get to mark XP for that Going Aggro roll.

I'm going to be out of town for the next four days, so I'm going to hold off on introducing Valkyrie until I get back. Excited to see the game start, though!

I can see arguments for a few different characters, but I don't see anyone else volunteering, so: It's Valkyrie. She and Nadja may get on pretty well, but the fact remains that Valkyrie is as likely to start a fight as she is to end one (and that's aside from the shit Nadja doesn't know about).

Which I think puts Valkyrie at the highest Hx on your sheet, if the others are +1 or -1. I'd highlight your Hard.
If @Silver Screen Fiend is ok with applying that retroactively, I think that means you get to mark XP for that Going Aggro roll.
Sounds good to me, yeah. That'll put Valkyrie at +2 Hx for Nadja then. She knows her somewhat well, though not entirely.

The second still unanswered question is: who is the weirdest among you?

@Silver Screen Fiend I intend to follow up the action IC with the following: let me know if this is something I have to roll for to persuade or if words are enough.
mQV4MUL.png
Pleased that they weren't going to tear each other's throats out anytime soon anymore, I removed my hand from Punk Jackson's arm, with an approving nod. "I want to be clear so there's no misgivings: I don't expect you to hug it out and get along. Sometimes people in a group just don't mesh well and that's fine: but I do expect you guys to do better. Deal with your differences better, that is."

I did my best to keep my voice even, as I attempted to further elaborate on what I meant: "Arm wrestling, dart or axe throwing, boxing, checkers or eating hot peppers, for example. I've heard we grew quite hot ones recently." I nodded to myself: any sort of competition where the participants didn't run the risk to injure or accidentally kill one-another with an unlucky punch was better than fisticuffs. "In the meantime, I'll prep you a couple of calendars so there's no question whose turn it is to play music."

Letting them continue as it was certainly would not have been the way to go. So a calendar was needed and I decided to get that under way as soon as I was back in my workshop. I still had some paper in my workshop that I hadn't used to clean up after my regular work, I was sure of it!

The second still unanswered question is: who is the weirdest among you?
I'd argue that Alana is plenty weird, given how openly she tells people her cavalcade of woes, so to speak, but remains rather cavalier about it. She acts as if it were all behind her or otherwise unimportant.

Also, I guess I'll put forward who Alana's crew for the infirmary are, since they're somewhat important:

Dee: More of a glorified intern/nurse. She follows the other two's orders, and is to assist them in everything that they need her for, as she's still learning. The youngest member of the infirmary crew at 19, and still basically learning the ropes, albeit rather well for such a layabout. Despite the apocalypse, she is determined to be the nigh-quintessential insufferable teen in that she hardly listens to orders save for in the most dire of circumstances, blows off work to gossip around, and spends any time in which she isn't doing that getting her kicks in either the brothels - as both a worker and a customer - or messing around near the men's camps. An absolute pain in the ass, and if it weren't for the case that the girl was capable, Alana would probably have sent her ass to the curb.

Kristen: A woman in her mid 30's who ran the show before Alana came in. Also probably the person Alana respects most among the NPCs. Very capable in her work, and the only reason why Alana runs things now is because she hasn't seen nearly as much. Alana's been all over the place dealing with all kinds of wounds, and Kristen was born and raised in St. Mary's. This, of course, makes her capable, but the depth of her knowledge is mostly based around normal maintenance injuries, not exactly the most life threatening stuff, save for the recent coup. Unlike Dee, Kristen is generally more well-adjusted and serene. She doesn't start fights, but makes sure she ends them. She's sponsored a man who she's been married to for about a decade or so, and the two of them are much more insular than a lot of the people of the Hardhold. Her duties are more based around the meds and the drugs that are produced and stocked in the infirmary. Basically, she runs all the pharmacy stuff, as that was what she's most familiar with.

Do let me know if anything needs to change or you'd like to add more, but generally this is what I was thinking of.

Last edited:
If you think something your character does qualifies as a move, and thus requiring a dice roll, post it first here so I can tell you what to roll for. Otherwise, feel free to post your reply directly in the IC thread!
I guess I'd need to read a sitch, specifically pertaining to whether Nadja's prior roll means this whole issue is gonna end. I'll hold off on my post until then.

Back
Top Bottom