Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

St. Mary's School for Bad Ass Bitches / Apocalypse World / OOC

It is the case that I'm going to attempt to either manipulate someone, or if it's more appropriate, try and be the bait for Country Jackson and Nadja. This is what I have written so as to make it easier to make the final call.
Seeing the crazy just behind Punk Jackson's eyes and the jittering all over his body, Alana is left wondering just where he found the drugs that are amping him so hard. She already sees that Nadja is getting away, and there's a pretty big crowd here. If someone tries to hurt someone so important, it ain't just a few words they'll be getting to convince them to do otherwise. But then that would mean more work for her, setting a crazy person's bones. She needed to take action, but she wasn't sure this wasn't going to bite her in the ass.

The Angel begins to slink forward to the crowd, toward Punk Jackson. As she attempts to get close enough, she rests a hand on his shoulder. "Don't work yourself up too much, darlin'. Nadja's a bit rough on the edges, but she's just tryin' to make sure you 'n' Country don't go too far. I know you two love to hate each other, but the two of you got just about the biggest passion for music, and I don't see that in many others. The both of ya bring somethin' essential." She flashes a kind smile as she tries to let things cool down.

It is the case that I'm going to attempt to either manipulate someone, or if it's more appropriate, try and be the bait for Country Jackson and Nadja. This is what I have written so as to make it easier to make the final call.
Definitely roll for Hot

Welp, I have written in the action I Attempt to take in-character. That way, you can tell me what to roll and when you have my roll, you can describe the result.

Welp, I have written in the action I Attempt to take in-character. That way, you can tell me what to roll and when you have my roll, you can describe the result.
I'm going to count that as helping, since the angel is not completely defenseless. She could probably do something to fight back. Roll+Hx

@Silver Screen Fiend Am I close enough to yell a command at the man and expect him to hear me?
You could try to yell at Punk Jackson, but he probably won't register anything outside of his tunnel vision. You could bark orders at any nearby guards who can see or hear you, but the surrounding crowd of Outsiders might get in the way. It's turning into a real cluster fuck.

@Motoharu @Inkybus @Ask the Question @Ironuyh @Silverbird
I started this project without much preparation, hoping to shoot from the hip and fly by the seat of my pants, which is my usual GMing style, but I think having to work with a system I'm not completely familiar with has made my replies slower. I've enjoyed what's happened so far, but I've come to realize that maybe this isn't the style of group RP that works best for me. My last serious attempt was 5e D&D on discord, which worked well until it didn't and I had to cancel the game. I think you're a fine lot of role players and I really hate to do this, but it feels best to do it early before things get too far along. Maybe we could continue without using rules or systems, which would allow for a greater degree of prose for each post, but I'm not sure how you all will feel about that. I think, without having to reference a rule book, I can perform my duties faster, and reply more immediately, but I'm also a person who generally struggles to finish stories and projects like this in general.

I am open to switching to a freeform roleplay, but only if nearly all the other players agree.

Sorry to hear it isn't working for you!

It's really the Apocalypse World system more than anything else that interested me in this one, so if you'd like to switch to freeform, I'll drop out. I'm happy for you all to use Valkyrie as an NPC or pretend she never existed as you'd prefer, though!

I don't suppose there's anything we could to do to help lighten the load mechanically, or help you enjoy running Apocalypse World more? For what it's worth, slower replies don't really bother me.

Unfortunate that the system part of the game doesn't appeal but I understand the feeling. I am in it for the setting, so I'm alright with switching to freeform like Motoharu.

I talked to @Silver Screen Fiend and we agreed to switch roles. They will be making a new character, I'll be the GM going forward, and I'll turn Adelaide into an NPC. I'll need a day or two to prep, and Silver Screen will probably need about that time to make a character sheet, but after that brief pause, we'll pick up right where we left off

It's good to see the baton passed, in my opinion: as for what you should play, that is up to you. A driver is definitely a role that is not covered yet so you would probably have stuff to do, I reckon.

That sounds fine to me, too. Thanks for volunteering, Motoharu, and thanks for being a good sport about it, Silver!

Back
Top Bottom