Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

St. Mary's School for Bad Ass Bitches / Apocalypse World / OOC

Other than my workshops, I don't know what equipment, gear and possession my character has. I'd be happy to know what Nadja has on hand, thanks. I went ahead and marked some gear I think Nadja would have in this trecherous world of ours.

Last edited:
Picking up from the other thread:

@Silverbird that is fine with me as long as you and @Silver Screen Fiend are fine with pvp if Adelaide finds out. Barring you becoming her best friend and/or lover before she founds out, she would definitely try and kill you. Heck, even if you are, it'd start an insane argument over whether "it was just a job," is a valid excuse. I definitely won't metagame over it. Adelaide's theory is that one of the remaining rebels she gave clemency to was the assassin. However, there are 20 of them, and she can't afford to kill 20 of her violent bastards over a grudge without risking an outside threat from taking the holding. She is going to be investigating the remaining rebels when she has time to try and figure out which one was the assassin. Maybe one of them will eventually let slip that you did the killing, but it should give you plenty of time to play your character and build a solid arc. Considering you were an outsider and killed a rebel while protecting Nadja, you would be welcome to join the Holding, and relatively trusted.

This is fine with me, and is about in-line with what I'd expect. If you'd prefer to have an NPC killer to uncover I'm happy to back off on the idea; I just saw an opportunity to build some interesting drama into the group's relationships, but only if you'd find it fun. I'm not so committed to the idea that I'd be disappointed if you didn't want to do it.

I decided to move forward by making the official threads for the role play. I won't make the first post until character creation is finished and everyone is in agreement about the hardhold and their place within it.
It all sounds great to me so far! I like Ironuyh's suggestion that having enough people offers some protection against the maelstrom, which is why it doesn't pop off just from people being bored within the hold.

Should we get started on Hx questions? I feel like we've got a decent grasp on all the characters, even if we don't have character sheets up for all of them yet. Mine is just "which of your characters can I trust?"

Note, switched protection tribute with market Commons. Makes more sense now that we trade leather and have a brothel, savvyhead, and Angel. That's quite a few things to draw visitors.
This is fine with me, and is about in-line with what I'd expect. If you'd prefer to have an NPC killer to uncover I'm happy to back off on the idea; I just saw an opportunity to build some interesting drama into the group's relationships, but only if you'd find it fun. I'm not so committed to the idea that I'd be disappointed if you didn't want to do it.
Perfectly fine with me. I made Adelaide young, because I want to see who she grows into, and having a PC be the assassin gives her tremendous potential for character growth or possibly regression. Yay drama!

Should we get started on Hx questions? I feel like we've got a decent grasp on all the characters, even if we don't have character sheets up for all of them yet. Mine is just "which of your characters can I trust?"

Valkyrie can trust Meat. (y)

There are three questions I can ask, and I choose to ask all of them, for better or for worse:

Which one of you once helped me do something terrible?

Which one of you was once kind and unafraid toward me?

Which one of you do I think is pretty?

I am unsure how Valkyrie would feel on it, but Alana does her best to get people to trust her, so I feel like I could fall under this.
There are three questions I can ask, and I choose to ask all of them, for better or for worse:

Alana understands well the dangers this world poses, and how it affects others. She would unconditionally be kind and unafraid towards Meat, her job basically demands as much, even if she wasn't trying to make friends.

As for Hx questions from Alana, they are:

Which one of you do I figure is doomed to self-destruction?
Which one of you put a hand in when it mattered, and helped me save a life?

Which one of you has been beside me all along, and has seen everything I've seen?

(I figure that last question might be a tad bit difficult to answer.)

I get the impression that most of you are not very high on the Psychic Maelstrom, but it's an avenue to allow someone to answer that last question of Alana's - simply ascribe it to the result of a use of Healing Touch in the past that resulted in both characters' brains being opened to the Psychic Maelstrom with that effect.

I would say Nadja was unafraid of Valkyrie when they built a rapport and she is still unafraid because there is no reason to fight, for them.

I do not understand your response. My character is Meat, not Valkyrie, and Ironuyh already answered this question. You may elect to answer a different one, if you wish, but please answer the question as it is asked if you do elect to answer.

Which one of you has been with me since before?

I think this should be Nadja ideally, @Inkybus. She seems like the only PC that could have been at St. Mary's for awhile. I could even see Adelaide looking up to her, almost like an older sister if you want?

• Which one of you has betrayed or stolen from me?

Well this is definitely Valkyrie, even if Adelaide doesn't know it. Speaking of which.

You probably don't trust me. You'd have to be pretty stupid to trust the person whose mother you recently killed.

Adelaide would not be the first two. She currently has some Androphobia, though she wants to get over it. You are welcome to think Adelaide's pretty, but that's up to you. If you gained Adelaide's trust in game, she could easily come to really like you and possibly fall in love.
Which one of you put a hand in when it mattered, and helped me save a life?

Which one of you has been beside me all along, and has seen everything I've seen?

(I figure that last question might be a tad bit difficult to answer.)

Adelaide could be either of the first two. Last one wouldn't make sense.

I think this should be Nadja ideally, @Inkybus. She seems like the only PC that could have been at St. Mary's for awhile. I could even see Adelaide looking up to her, almost like an older sister if you want?
That is a sound idea, I like it: besides, Nadja can refurbish some custom armor and weapons for her, instead of paying tax for being in the community. And also, Nadja would keep the water tower and the piping everywhere as well maintained as she can.

You will probably have to deal with the various requests she makes for repair kits and resources to keep the infrastructure running. But since you are the hardholder, you might even conjure up a Quartermaster to keep inventory and stock of everything that is available in the community.

Other than my workshops, I don't know what equipment, gear and possession my character has. I'd be happy to know what Nadja has on hand, thanks. I went ahead and marked some gear I think Nadja would have in this trecherous world of ours.
I think you've got some starting money, too. There's a section on starting gear buried on the second page of your playbook:
In addition to your workspace, detail your personal fashion. You have oddments worth 6-barter, and any personal piece or three of normal gear or weaponry.
If you'd like to start play with a vehicle or a prosthetic, get with the MC

• Which one of you has betrayed or stolen from me?

Well this is definitely Valkyrie, even if Adelaide doesn't know it.
;)

This could easily be Valkyrie, if isn't Adelaide. You've probably patched her up once or twice since she arrived. I guess the question is which worries Alana more: reckless and self-destructive, or trying to run a place like this while way too young?
(Valkyrie could also be the answer to either of your other questions, but I'm not sure how we'd make "been beside you all along" work super well given our backstories — unless Alana's list of previous Hardholders is basically also Valkyrie's previous employers?)

Valkyrie can trust Meat. (y)

I think Valkyrie could be the answer to any of these three, but it sounds like Alana has the better claim on being kind, and Adelaide is probably more interesting as the person you find pretty, so... any idea what the terrible thing we did is?
And is that why Valkyrie trusts you?

Adelaide could be either of the first two. Last one wouldn't make sense
Alana is not naive, so she doesn't think that St. Mary's is gonna last forever, but she also really wants it to work out, and appreciates Adelaide putting a modicum of trust in her to fix up the people in her Hardhold. Almost assuredly Adelaide has assisted me - even if indirectly - in saving a life this way.

I guess the question is which worries Alana more: reckless and self-destructive, or trying to run a place like this while way too young?
Absolutely the former. Alana has seen some rather eccentric hardholders in their time. Some of them are probably still around today! She sees being unique as part of the charisma. With Valkyrie's seemingly devil-may-care attitude, and the possible multiple instances of Alana scolding her from easily avoided danger, she would have a little less hope.

I don't think there's much hope in seeing that third one answered, barring someone, like, spying on me by opening their brain to the maelstrom or something else weird.

I don't think there's much hope in seeing that third one answered, barring someone, like, spying on me by opening their brain to the maelstrom or something else weird.
Actually, thinking about it some more, maybe we can make that one line up. Valkyrie has been a mercenary for a while; maybe Alana has been her go-to medic for a long time?

It's not that they've literally gone through the same things, but they've been in and out of each other's lives enough that they both know what the other's been through. Maybe Alana was the reason Valkyrie survived the attack that killed her family; maybe during her wandering-doctor days, or maybe Valkyrie's farm was inside the kind hardholder's territory. Valkyrie probably worked for the unkind hardholder for a bit, and maybe the way he was treating Alana eventually led Valkyrie to decide "fuck it, this guy's gotta go", contributing to his downfall.

Might give them a bit of a closer relationship, as the two outsiders here (er, other than Meat). Also might put Alana in an interesting spot if and when the assassination comes to light, especially if Valkyrie was the one who suggested she come here in the first place.

Alana is not naive, so she doesn't think that St. Mary's is gonna last forever, but she also really wants it to work out, and appreciates Adelaide putting a modicum of trust in her to fix up the people in her Hardhold. Almost assuredly Adelaide has assisted me - even if indirectly - in saving a life this way.
In that case, let's say how Adelaide helped you save a life was by giving you the former school nurses office and supplies to work out of. It's almost certainly better working conditions than you were used to, and the supplies probably helped you save several lives.

Side idea I had, if everyone thinks it's a good idea. Adelaide's grandmother had this set up as a sort of sanctuary for girls that welcomed nearly women, but men had to be sponsored by an established woman, and each woman could only sponsor one man their entire lives, not counting children. This kept the holding primarily female. Anyone else could still go to the market, brothel, doctor, savvyhead, and live in the tents outside the facility, and that's where many men stayed until they were sponsored. Adelaide is keeping this policy for now.

You are welcome to think Adelaide's pretty, but that's up to you.

It's up to me decide which questions to ask, but I don't get to decide who volunteers to answer. Hx is more collaborative than in Masks, Monsterhearts, and Urban Shadows where the playbook holder either gets final say or is the one doing the assigning. That's what makes it fun.

I realize it's a fairly weak question in the larger context of the fiction that's already established given that Meat is male and it does not allow us to build much shared history. If you answer, it means I get to mark Hx+1 with Adelaide, which puts Meat in a stronger position to help or hinder her than if you do not answer the question (i.e. I mark Hx 0).

I think Valkyrie could be the answer to any of these three, but it sounds like Alana has the better claim on being kind, and Adelaide is probably more interesting as the person you find pretty, so... any idea what the terrible thing we did is?
And is that why Valkyrie trusts you?

How about this:

One time, this guy, Shrimple, came through St. Mary's. He was a dodgy sort to begin with but had a lot of oddments to barter around - stuff that people wanted and stuff that people needed - so he got to trade in the market, use the brothel, get his gear fixed up, all of that. He disfigures one of the women working the brothel, then flees in the night.

Meat and Valkyrie go out after this guy. They find him. And they kill him. But it takes days for this guy to die. They take turns and do it slow, killing him inches at a time.

I think it might be why Valkyrie trusts Meat. Alana being kind and unafraid towards Meat that one time might be a contributing factor, too, depending on how much Alana's opinions on things matter to Valkyrie.

Might give them a bit of a closer relationship, as the two outsiders here (er, other than Meat). Also might put Alana in an interesting spot if and when the assassination comes to light, especially if Valkyrie was the one who suggested she come here in the first place.

😔 Meat is the ultimate outsider. Everyone else is gathered inside the hardhold proper roasting marshmellows around the fire and outside Meat's got his face pressed up against the glass of the window, staring in with puppy dog eyes.

It's up to me decide which questions to ask, but I don't get to decide who volunteers to answer. Hx is more collaborative than in Masks, Monsterhearts, and Urban Shadows where the playbook holder either gets final say or is the one doing the assigning. That's what makes it fun.

I realize it's a fairly weak question in the larger context of the fiction that's already established given that Meat is male and it does not allow us to build much shared history. If you answer, it means I get to mark Hx+1 with Adelaide, which puts Meat in a stronger position to help or hinder her than if you do not answer the question (i.e. I mark Hx 0).
Huh, I've only played the three you listed, so I didn't quite realize the difference. Sure, let's have Meat find Adelaide pretty. I think it'll be a pretty funny dynamic for the person afraid of men to end up sleeping with the scariest looking man around, but he treats her nicer than she ever thought aan would. There could be something interesting there.

Side idea I had, if everyone thinks it's a good idea. Adelaide's grandmother had this set up as a sort of sanctuary for girls that welcomed nearly women, but men had to be sponsored by an established woman, and each woman could only sponsor one man their entire lives, not counting children. This kept the holding primarily female. Anyone else could still go to the market, brothel, doctor, savvyhead, and live in the tents outside the facility, and that's where many men stayed until they were sponsored. Adelaide is keeping this policy for now.
I'm the savvyhead. I know things, not people: I will leave the politicking to those I trust know better.

Seems like a fine idea! Drifters who keep running into each other every so often. Would also help to further explain just how Valkyrie can trust Alana, knowing well of her skills. Alana would also be more than willing to find a normal-ish place where she isn't subject to the dangers of the world, and the Hardhold Valkyrie directed her to seems to be doing just fine, former coup nonwithstanding.

This does now leave the question of who I think is most like to Self-destruct, in case any of the other two wish to volunteer for that.
In that case, let's say how Adelaide helped you save a life was by giving you the former school nurses office and supplies to work out of. It's almost certainly better working conditions than you were used to, and the supplies probably helped you save several lives.
Makes sense, especially considering Alana has Infirmary. Probably should work on those NPCs, but I'm not too worried about who they are.
Sounds good as an idea, I'd say. Helps not to breed a sort of misandrist colony.

@Silverbird I believe you get to highlight one of my stats since you have the highest history on my sheet.
I'll highlight your Hot. One of Adelaide's ambitions is to use sex to gain power over others, and I'd like to see if she can pull that off.

Looks like you're my highest, as well, so you get to highlight one for me in return.

@Ask the Question @Ironuyh I think I have the highest history with you two, as well, so let's go with Weird for Meat and Sharp for Alana.

I'll highlight your Hot. One of Adelaide's ambitions is to use sex to gain power over others, and I'd like to see if she can pull that off.

Looks like you're my highest, as well, so you get to highlight one for me in return.

@Ask the Question @Ironuyh I think I have the highest history with you two, as well, so let's go with Weird for Meat and Sharp for Alana.
I'll highlight sharp for you. I have a funny in game reason for it, but I'll let it be a small surprise

Back
Top Bottom