Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

St. Mary's School for Bad Ass Babes / Apocalypse World

Silver Screen Fiend

Super-Earth
St. Mary’s was, at one time, named after the Virgin Mary, mother of Christ, the Son of God. In its holy chapel was a beautiful five foot tall hand painted statue of the blessed mother, and its yearly ritual of veneration was well known throughout the commonwealth was known for the beauty and solemnity carried out by the students, staff, and clergy of the school. The rose garden, situated between the chapel and the priory, still features a mural of her likeness surrounded by a lush bed of blood red roses.

But that was a long time ago.

Nowadays it’s a different Mary that serves as the school’s namesake. Mary Magdalene, the sole woman who traveled with Christ and his disciples, the one often accused of being a former prostitute, but may have actually been an independent woman of some wealth and influence for the savior and his followers. Regardless, the grounds are no longer consecrated, and in the need to not only survive, but thrive in the post apocalyptic wastes of New England, the place has become a matriarchal charnel house where flesh is sold in a (mostly) safe and reliable fashion.

The girls of St. Mary’s School of Badass Babes, as it was renamed some forty years ago, relish their reputation as wild, fiercely independent survivors who have ecked out a decent living by filling in several niches in the region’s trade network. The old uniforms have been expertly tailored to show more skin than what was once accepted, classes focus on practical skills like survival craft and sharp shooting, and the priests and nuns have long since died out, leaving behind a largely sacrilegious band of punks who celebrate life and all its pleasures while they’re alive to appreciate temptation. Since the last class overthrew the administration and turned the school into a fortress against the tides of chaos and madness, a matriarch has led the flock through good times and bad, each one hand picked by the last to form a kind of feminine dynasty that stood in direct contrast to the male dominated warlord societies surrounding them.

Opal is the resident Mother Superior, a direct descendent of one of the nuns who forgave her vow of chastity during the fall of the Golden Age. She is recognized as the oldest person in the hardhold, though her practical power and influence is extremely limited, mostly because she’s a mean old bitch, but there is none better at midwifery or animal husbandry. Now in her 60’s, she spends most of her day walking the grounds to check on what needs fixing, repairing, or improving, occasionally striking idlers with her legendary yard stick. The old woman is tolerated at best, and actively hated at worst, but no one denies her place within the community.

Mother Opal, who has never mothered her own children, (I wonder why), was on her way to the hardholder’s office when she noticed an altercation in the camp just outside the school’s tall brick walls. Two men, one called Punk Jackson, and the other called Country Jackson, were arguing over the stereo system again. It was the only one functioning in the whole community, and the two outside residents who possessed the largest collection of tapes and discs were always arguing over whose turn it was to blast their favorite tracks over the crackling loud speakers. Nadja, the recently joined Savvyhead, put it together from a frankenstein conglomeration of receivers, tuners, tweeters, subwoofers, and every possible kind of media player imaginable. Somehow it worked, and it sounded pretty good… so long as you played good music on it, but neither of the resident music buffs were popular due to their tastes. Quite the opposite, actually.

Mother Opal would have ignored them and walked straight into the office if it weren’t for their violent and sudden spat of fisticuffs.

“You pissed on my Fugazi tape, you shit,” shouted Punk Jackson.

“Fuck yer Fuck-Aussie trash, Lynerd Skynerd motherfucker! Thass real music,” retorted Country Jackson, the older, woollier man whose ancient leather hat was knocked clean off his head by an angry fist. “My hat, you little shit! I’ll–”

The Outsiders, the unsponsored residents who lived outside the school’s walls, were mostly men who served as laborers and tradesmen in the grand scheme of St. Mary’s society, but they were often transient, and few stayed longer than a season. Most drifted away during the winter and returned in the spring, but some stayed despite having zero chances of being sponsored and brought into the fold. Punk Jackson and Country Jackson were such men, and their contempt for each other was a well known source of entertainment for the hardened souls who lived out of tents and lean-to’s. A crowd was already forming around the enemies as they tussled in the mud, with Sleazy John giving odds and taking bets.

“Which one you think’s gonna do it?”

“Ain’t neither one’s got the balls to kill the othern. They’s high fallutin’ types. Dat music gives ‘em ideas above their station.”

“I dunno… Punk Jackson’s got a mean grip, he just might choke the old dust head out.”

“Yeah, but Country Jackson’s got a big fat neck. Take a big pair a’ hands to crush his pipes.”

Mother Opal rapped her fist on the office door. “Adelaide! Adelaide! The men! They’re gonna kill each other,” she shouted, falling into hysterics. It was a rare habit of hers, but one that always came at the right moment. If the crusty old nun was freaking out about something, not in the normal way like she was pissed that someone wasn’t working or there was a crack in the outer wall, but in the “this isn’t a joke this is bad” sort of way, it put everyone in her vicinity on high alert.

@Ask the Question Meat, the biggest and strongest man in the whole settlement, is near the altercation among the rows and rows of tents. What are you doing at this time? Will you go and investigate the fight, or choose to ignore it?

@Motoharu Adelaide is, of course, right inside her office, and currently hears Mother Opal freaking out about something and banging on the door. Just outside this door is a walkway that connects the dormitory with the priory, and just over the vine-covered brick wall is a direct view into the village of tents where the Outsiders live. Your office once belonged to the original Mother Superior, the principal of the school, though I assume it’s decorated exactly to your tastes. It’s three stories up from the ground level. What do you do? How do you respond?

@Inkybus @Silverbird @Ironuyh Valkyrie, Alana, and Nadja, what are you doing at this time? Are you able to hear or witness the big fight between the two Jacksons, or are you somewhere removed from the scene, and unaware of what’s going on?

Last edited:
mQV4MUL.png
I was walking through the outer parts of the community, already thinking about how to best fix the electric boilerplate with the spare parts I'd taken, when the commotion at the school attracted my curiosity. So, instead of going directly there, I diverted from my course and walked over to the fighting music-enthusiasts.

With some free use of elbows and expletives, I got to the front of the crowd and saw the two dumbasses wrestling in the dirt. I decided to intervene and set down the metal bucket I was carrying to the side, before I walked over and yelled out: "What's this boys?! Are you fighting over your darn turns again?"

Doing my best to radiate disappointment, I went to grasp the bicep of whoever had the upper hand in the wrestling contest, hoping that touching as well as yelling was enough to get them to see how cross I was with them. "Do you want me to prank you again?"

I reminded them of the last prank I played on them, when I switched out some of their discs at random with some of my more embarrassing and funny pieces.

@Inkybus You grasp Punk Jackson's leather clad arm with a vice-like grip wrought from endless hours working a spanner. Your fingers are like iron hardened from endless intricate handiwork with tiny circuits and delicate wiring. If you put your hands on someone, they know it. And both men know your voice all too well. In fact, the day you fucked with their CD collection, the entire Outsider encampment enjoyed about a week of solid piece as the two aficionados reorganized their respective collections using headphones and battery powered players. That was probably the day you earned the respect of the community at large.

"Ahh, geez, let go will ya!" Punk Jackson winces and releases his grip. Country Jackson coughs until he's red in the face, gasping and hacking into the mud. "I-I'm s-sorry," stutters the punk with the green mohawk. "H-he was just bein' a dick, and..." His voice trails off as his eyes look solemnly to the ground. He's breathing heavily, his eyes are red and agitated, and his hands are twitching, veins bulging. Rage still flows through his body, but fear overrides his aggressive instincts. For now.

Adelaide was pouring over her ledgers from inside her office. Her office was a dreary place, dark curtains hanging over all the stained glass windows and satanic imagery decorating the wall, from pentagrams, to demons, to images of people being impaled. These decorations were not her choice, but her Mother's, Alexandra, the former hardholder. She was a fairly violent and morbid person, an appreciated the intimidating aura. Adelaide had yet to redecorate, ostensibly because she hadn't the time, but in actuality she was not ready to let go of some of her Mother's last keepsakes.

The curtains on the other hand were new and practical. Adelaide was worried about a sniper attack, and rarely left herself exposed while sitting in one place. The other precaution were her two bodyguards that were in her office with her, playing cards with each other. They were not the best fighters in the hardhold, but they were the most loyal, and had airtight alibis when Alexandra was assassinated. Adelaide made sure they had few wants in return for their loyal service.

The ledgers contained a list of every supply Adelaide commanded. Taxes were crude in the stronghold based mostly on a barter system with everyone expected to provide their fair share for the common good. Adelaide spent an inordinate amount of time making sure she had the right resources, enough food certainly, but also clothes, fuel, medicine, and everything else that were necessities. She also made sure to make personal visits to anyone who seemed to not be pulling their own weight.

Fortunately, this month there was a surplus and necessities in deficit. Her main priority now was determining how to use the surplus to gain more loyalty from her followers and reinforce her precarious position. And that is when Mother Opal knocked on her door. She has little love for the old wench, always prattling along with how her Grandmother did things better, but she could hardly be ignored. Adelaide let out a loud sigh, and stood up from her chair. She pocketed her pistol from her desk, making sure it was loaded, and pulled her hunting rifle over her shoulder and gestured for her guards to follow her.

She walked to the door and opened. She greeted Mother Opal in a tone full of exasperation. "Hello Mother Opal. The men are killing each other? Which men? Are they citizens?" She looked around, making sure Mother Opal was alone and that there were no threats nearby.

Meat was not terribly interested in the altercation or its outcome, and felt no special need to investigate it. It resolved itself quickly, at any rate, and there was no burning desire within Meat to investigate that, either. There was a mild temptation to go and check it all out so that he might rubberneck and try to see what everyone else saw in it, thus feigning a normality that was patently false.

What Meat was interested in, however, was working a gig. Meat decided to go to the market and look for someone with a job that needed doing in exchange for filthy lucre or goods in trade, only slightly shop soiled. Wearing his suit of scrounged armour, made of pieces of kevlar, stab plates, sport equipment, and old odd ends, it was nevertheless serious protection for someone ready, willing, and able to endure and dispense grievous bodily harm. His trusty machete was at his side, ready for the all too familiar caress of his hardened hand to enact the old ultraviolence and spill the red, red krovvy.

And of course, his face. His real face. Not the thing on the front of his head he was born with. But his face. A painted ballistic mask made of some sort of composite polymer, firmly affixed and held in place by some space age material conceived of and created before everything went to shit so many years ago and the Old World ended and the Maelstrom was born and its wolves cried out at the edge of consciousness.

OOC: I want jingle, so Meat is out looking to work a gig and trying to find someone in need of his services.

mQV4MUL.png
Pleased that they weren't going to tear each other's throats out anytime soon anymore, I removed my hand from Punk Jackson's arm, with an approving nod. "I want to be clear so there's no misgivings: I don't expect you to hug it out and get along. Sometimes people in a group just don't mesh well and that's fine: but I do expect you guys to do better. Deal with your differences better, that is."

I did my best to keep my voice even, as I attempted to further elaborate on what I meant: "Arm wrestling, dart or axe throwing, boxing, checkers or eating hot peppers, for example. I've heard we grew quite hot ones recently." I nodded to myself: any sort of competition where the participants didn't run the risk to injure or accidentally kill one-another with an unlucky punch was better than fisticuffs. "In the meantime, I'll prep you a couple of calendars so there's no question whose turn it is to play music."

Letting them continue as it was certainly would not have been the way to go. So a calendar was needed and I decided to get that under way as soon as I was back in my workshop. I still had some paper in my workshop that I hadn't used to clean up after my regular work, I was sure of it!

Alana was in the infirmary alongside Kristen. She was helping the older woman keep inventory and stock up their meds. This wasn't work that the angel was the happiest to be doing, but it was better than having to stitch up a wound or pull a bullet out of someone. Better to be safe and bored than excited and in danger, right? She shouldn't complain, things could be a lot worse, but man was pharmacy duty the worst. This was why she normally left it to Kristen and Dee, but since she was out and about, it falls to the two remaining.

"We got stabs and reddeners aplenty. Gotta fill up on, uh... tubes and bloodslower. And don't bother puttin' the Brainer drugs together. They're supposed to do that themselves, so don't let them walk over you." She sighs as she reports to Kristen, only to jump as the door opens with Dee on the other side of it, breathing heavily and looking a bit bewildered.

Not a few minutes later, Alana is walking out to the commotion with Dee where she sees things are already settled down. She turns to Dee with an annoyed scowl. "'They're gonna kill each other' 'You gotta hurry!'. What the hell am I supposed to do about this, Dee? Things here are done." The angel sighs and looks away from the younger woman, "Get back to the infirmary and help Kristen take inventory, no weaselin' out this time." As the younger woman walks away, Alana turns her gaze to Nadja and the Jacksons, wondering if this is going to turn into a problem she'll need to be involved in. She also keeps an eye out to the crowd, trying to see their reactions. The Jacksons were more than capable of pissing each other off, but Alana has come to expect someone messing with them, especially with how Nadja seems to be diffusing the situation.

(OOC: Specifically, from my read a Sitch, I'm asking: Which enemy is the biggest threat, What should I be on the lookout for, and Who's in control here?)

@Ironuyh You're almost certain that Punk Jackson is on some serious drugs. Something speedy, given the way his eyes are dilated and reddened, and the shaking of his hands. On a more subjective note, it's like he's wrestling with some sort of demon inside him, a demon that could overpower his submission and turn the situation on its head. You haven't seen symptoms like this among the settlement's population, but you have seen it out in the wastes, usually from a cocktail of old pills and high proof corn liquor, but this is different. Punk Jackson is starting to look like a caged animal ready to rip apart its captors. With Sadja about to turn away, he could coil up and attack either her or Country Jackson. Or just run away like a squirrel. Hard to determine the thought processes of a junkie.

Country Jackson is no threat to anyone in his current state. On his back, breathing heavily, winded and wasted, he's never looked older.

Sadja is a healthy, sober working gal who could throttle either of them, but she's no bully.

@Ask the Question

The market is a flat brick lined area just outside St. Mary’s front gate. Colorful fabric sun screens cover the tables of junk and crafts and foodstuffs spread across its half acre of space. Most days it’s a meeting space for organizing gigs and jobs among the laborers. It’s also one of the few places where Insiders and Outsiders can mingle informally. It’s not uncommon for strangers to show up randomly, acting as if they were supposed to be there, but even the Outsiders have a semi organized security detail, and every newcomer is thoroughly vetted.

One such newcomer is a weedy creeper of a man named Joe Blow. Meat has seen him around two or three times before, and knows him to be a merchant of some sort, but he never has cargo, nor does he hock his wares at a table. In fact, most people don’t know what Mr. Blow sells, just that some laborer’s pockets get empty when he walks the markets. On this day he decides Meat is the right man for a very special job. Under a black wide brim hat, with pallid countenance and eyes hidden behind round sunglasses, he approaches the big man without fear or reservation.

“They call you Meat, yes? I have a simple job. Worth a decent amount. Enough to keep you fed for a couple months at least. You’re to pick up a package at one location and carry it safely to another. The only catch is, you can’t tell anyone about it. One word to anyone and you won’t get a penny. Of course, for you I doubt that will be a problem. Meet me at the edge of camp tonight for more details. Until then, take this as an advance.”

His spidery fingers produce a handful of micro transistor units, extremely valuable components in virtually all old world electronics. “If you accept, take them from my hand. If not, then I’ll find some other huckleberry who values their labor.”

Seeing the crazy just behind Punk Jackson's eyes and the jittering all over his body, Alana is left wondering just where he found the drugs that are amping him so hard. She already sees that Nadja is getting away, and there's a pretty big crowd here. If someone tries to hurt someone so important, it ain't just a few words they'll be getting to convince them to do otherwise. But then that would mean more work for her, setting a crazy person's bones. She needed to take action, but she wasn't sure this wasn't going to bite her in the ass.

The Angel begins to slink forward to the crowd, toward Punk Jackson. As she attempts to get close enough, she rests a hand on his shoulder. "Don't work yourself up too much, darlin'. Nadja's a bit rough on the edges, but she's just tryin' to make sure you 'n' Country don't go too far. I know you two love to hate each other, but the two of you got just about the biggest passion for music, and I don't see that in many others. The both of ya bring somethin' essential." She flashes a kind smile as she tries to let things cool down.

@Ironuyh Punk Jackson grits his teeth and lashes out, smacking your hand off the studded shoulder pad of his jacket. Snarling, his eyes white with rage, he throws his prone body straight towards your shins, throwing you off balance and straight into the mud. The wind knocked out of you, barely able to process just what happened, he grabs your face and digs in with his fingernails. Then, with surprising strength for his wiry frame, he lifts you off the ground as he stands. From his ass pocket he flicks open a rusty switchblade.

You lose one highlighted stat for the rest of the day: cool.

@Motoharu Over the ancient wall, overlooking the village of tents pitched into the muddy field, you have a perfect view of one of the men holding the resident angel off her feet by her face while the surrounding crowd turns into a frenzy of shrieks and shouts. The savvyhead, @Inkybus Nadja, is closest to them, and the most capable of intervention.

@Ask the Question In the Old World Mr. Blow would have been called a pusher, or a drug dealer, which is different from a pharmacist, which is a drug dealer with a license. Is that important now? Probably not, but you’re having vivid flashes of the memories of dead men, some picking up prescriptions at the counter, others meeting sketchy dudes in back alleys to slip wads of green paper in exchange for tiny bags of white powder. Joe Blow is like the modern equivalent of those dealers, but there’s something really fucking weird about him. Not just his appearance, which is oddly formal and well kept for the school’s usual visitors, but the fact that his personal history is nothing but a black, empty void. Like something is deliberately blocking you from seeing it. The man has a Baltimore accent, but you’ve never been there, so how would you know? Maybe it’s someone’s idea of a Baltimore accent. You’re pretty sure that isn’t his real voice. Who would talk like that on purpose? And his intentions… they’re to make some money, but that’s not all. What’s his real reason for being here? Just to sell drugs?

Meat regarded Joe Blow. His head tilted to one side and then the other as Joe spoke. The movement was very slow. Meat did not trust Joe Blow, but then it was not as if Meat trusted anyone. But he was not especially suspicious of the fellow, and the big man's gaze fell to the proffered advance.

There was probably more to the task than Joe would divulge at the future meeting, but at the moment Meat was not particularly concerned or worried about his own personal safety. His huge hand lifted from his side and carefully took the micro transistor units, handling them with a gentle touch so as not to damage them and maintain their value. He placed them into an old olive drab pouch of reasonable sturdiness and goodly condition on his belt.

Meat's cold, dead eyes looked into Joe's, and Meat allowed his vision to go unfocused as he stopped looking with his eyes. The visions and impressions from the Maelstrom rushed in at Meat, and the experience, as always, left more questions than answers. It confirmed that this was more than a simple transaction, and that someone would probably not have an entirely positive outcome when this package he was to deliver reached its destination.

"Tonight." Meat's dead voice confirmed as it husked from his face. His real face.

I was going to leave, if the Jacksons split up and went back to their respective dwellings, but when Alana joined the huddle and tried to get them to do just that, Punk Jackson decided to act like his namessake, except with the connotation criminal inmates gave the term and started to stir some more shit. With Alana in his clutches, I decided to go and attempt to wrest his arm away, rotating his hand so that his wrist gave in and his hand snapped open, to disarm him of the blade he was obviously reaching for!

Fuck, that was one rusty piece of shit: I felt the thundering heartbeats in my ears, as I thought that I had to get Alana away from Punk before he stuck her!

Honestly, this was not the response Alana was thinking she'd have. She reorganizes her thoughts as she's being held almost predominantly by her face. That Punk Jackson is so wired that this was his reaction to her attempts to calm him down were worrying. Especially when the Angel notices that a pocketknife is being pulled on her. Much as she was confident in her abilities, she was not super keen on trying to operate on herself. Her mind flits to the stun gun she keeps on her, but with how further along the druggie was in the "I'm going to stab you" thought process, Alana figured trying to pull a weapon was only going to harm herself more.

As Nadja butts back in and starts to hamper the man, Alana squirms about in Punk Jackson's grasp, trying to break free so she can distance herself from this much-too-insane situation. Her mind wanders to the intrusive question of how it is that someone so wiry can lift her like this, but the thought evaporates as she tries to run free from this insanity.

@Ask the Question @Silver Screen Fiend @Silverbird

Joe Blow says one more thing to Meat before he goes. "Also, the drop off location is 20 miles down highway. You're welcome to walk the whole way, the package just needs to arrive within the week, but you might want to hire a driver. Total payment is (the equivalent of 4 barter) so you'd have to figure out how to divide that with any others. But don't mention my name and don't show them the package. If it has so much as a single rip, you won't get paid. You run off with it, expect bounty hunters on your tail. And trust me, the (equivalent of 4 barter) is worth more to you than what's in the package."

Meanwhile, Mack is outside a makeshift shack that serves as a bar for the poorest visitors to the market. It only sell swill and horse piss, if you were going by taste, but it gets anyone drunk if they drink it. All the good booze was in the cathedral, or rather brothel, but it was much more expensive. It was the afternoon and Mack didn't have a job, and though he could afford the better shit, this is where he found himself. Is Mack just starting to drink, or is he already drunk? Meat can see him from where he is.

Valkyrie is here, too. Is she in the market or the bar? What is she doing today?

@Inkybus @Ironuyh

Nadja wrestles for Punk Jackson's knife. He gets a slash across the back of Nadja's arm before she finally grabs his wrist and rotates it so he drops the knife. Nadja tries to reach for it, but the pain from the slash makes her hesitate, so it falls down on the ground nearby.

Alana tries to get out of the grip, but sees Punk Jackson reach for her stun gun, so she instead grabs that and holds it in place. Punk Jackson is getting ready to choke out Alana with one arm while he holds up his other fist, ready to take on Nadja at the same time.

“Little early for this shit, isn’t it?”

Valkyrie slid casually onto the seat beside Mack, her back turned to the rickety plank of wood that passed for a bar so she could face out into the market. She shifted the weight of the old-world sword across her back with the practiced ease of someone who’s done so a million times before, then leaned back against the bar and fixed the driver with a sidelong, appraising gaze.

The fact was that Valkyrie was bored. She’d spent the morning patrolling the Hold — something she did for Adelaide on occasion when she didn’t have better work on hand, keeping the peace, handling any trouble before it could get too serious — but today things were deader than dead. She’d wound up out in the market, where the occasional stranger and the groups intermingling often made life a little spicier, but even that hadn’t provided more than a brief diversion today. Nothing on the level of the shit going down between the Jacksons back inside, anyway. She was going to be pissed once she learned that she missed it.

For now, though, here she was, in the crappiest bar in the settlement, looking for entertainment. Someone to fight, maybe, or someone to fuck; she didn’t have a strong preference which.

Mack swiveled in his seat to peer at Valkyrie from the corner of his aviators. He was in the middle of rolling a cigarette, fumbling with the paper between his calloused finger tips. He was so focused he barely noticed who it was that spoke to him, he just saw a fit feminine figure occupying the adjacent stool. Once he had the damn thing finished, somehow more perfectly aligned than possible, he fished a box of matches from a vest pocket and pulled one out, striking it on his boot heel and lighting the tip with delicate ease. Inhale. Swish match to stop the flame. Drop burnt match. Exhale. Hold cigarette aloft like a prop. Turn to respond.

"Oh, it's you," he puffed. "Well, you know me. Once Doreen's fixed and tuned there's not much else for me to do until the next run. How bout I buy you one since you're already sittin here."

The knife was gone from Punk's hand. I looked around, Alana was fine, though she was not able to get clear. Still, she was held at length.

I did not think about it: hesitation would've been bad. My hand closed around my handgun's grip, the 9mm weapon coming out to unload a burst of fire into Punk's gut as soon as the safety was flicked off.

@Inkybus @Ironuyh

Nadja is careful to take a step back and stay out of Jackson's range and aim away from Alana. The bullets go through Jackson's gut and Alana feels his grip give way. Punk Jackson falls on the ground, dead. It's not long before Adelaide shows up, with a few members of her gang in town, as well as Mother Opal. She looks around the scene and yells the question, "What the hell happened here?"

In the midst of her struggle, Alana wasn't aware of much. All too much of her focus was on that knife, and it kept her stock still. When she saw it fly free from Punk Jackson's hands, she thought this was her moment to break free. She was quickly proven wrong as she felt her stun gun rattle about and Jackson's hand snaking across her towards it. Her own hands reach down to stop him as she feels his arm set in place against her throat. The doc had seen the aftermath of this position all too much, and did not want anyone to find her in such a way, so she gets a bit frantic.

Her vision was darkening ever so slightly as she panics and flails, but the glint of some light being caught on an all-too-familiar metal tool has the Angel shrink away to provide ample target as bullets tip through Jackson. Alana falls to the ground, doing her best to not hack up a lung as she reaches up to check her throat. If Punk Jackson squeezed to tightly, there could have been some consequences. Thankfully, Nadja was pretty quick to jump to her gun, and so there didn't seem to be all that much lasting damage. As Adelaide arrives, Alana would have tried to go over to Nadja and would ask to check her wounds with a rasp to her voice.

@Inkybus @Ironuyh

While the fight was happening, the bystanders had several reactions. Some fled with Mother Opal, getting Adelaide and the guards, but most were with Sleazy Joe, who quickly switched bets from Country Jackson vs. Punk Jackson to Punk Jackson vs Nadja, indifferent to how the fight escalated. These degenerates were often following Sleazy Joe, who hoped to one day open his own casino, but for now, they settled for better on anything and everything. Country Jackson, for his part, turned out to be a coward and fled the moment steel was drawn.

I killed Punk Jackson. As he exhaled his last, I kept my burst-fire handgun on him and finally felt pain: he'd gotten my left forearm, shit! Fuck, that hurt... I hoped that I wasn't going to get tetanus or infected by that rusty shiv he'd pulled. Turning around, I looked at the pillocks that were hanging around the confrontation uselessly. And only now, finally, the enforcers arrived.

The safety of my gun was flicked back on and I put the weapon back in its holster, while Alana drew breaths laboriously, catching herself after the crackhead summoned his drug-fueled powers to choke her like that. She fussed over my arm and I let her: I did not want to risk the situation worsening, that was for sure! With one last glare to Sleazy Joe and his slack-jawed smoothbrains, I turned partially to address Adelaide.

I didn't move around much, since moving the arm Alana held was painful. Instead, I explained: "Punk and Country Jackson were arguing about whose turn it was to play music. I yelled at them for this with Alana, Punk Jackson decided to try to stab her, I stopped him and then shot him since he wanted to get her weapon or strangle her."

Back
Top Bottom