Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Bite of Family Love

Velken bit his lower lip and he nearly stepped back when his father knelt down but he remained calm. He smiled lightly and he nodded and then moved into his arms, kissing his cheek and hugging him. He was a sweet boy after all. Carlyle nearly teared up seeing that. She always thought Velken was so adorable with the things he did, such as this.

He smiled softly, patting his head gently before slowly moving, standing up,"Now... we'll have to make sure Yuri gets comfortable with this... it's a big shock to her..." he said as he moved, kissing Carlyle on the top of her head gently.

He shook his head gently,"It's okay... I should've warned you both first..." he said as he moved to the door,"Just... give her a little bit of time... she'll probably still be scared, but she'll adjust." he said with a gentle smile. He wanted Yuri not to be afraid when she woke up, and he knew he was going to have to explain everything. he gave a soft sigh, heading for the room Yuri was in, knowing he was in for a long night.

He sat in the room, watching her awake. He would explain to her everything he could, answering her questions. He wouldn't leave anything out, but when it came to what happened to her mother, what really happened. He knew she would be sad once he answered that. After a good while they slowly moved out of the room, he held her gently to him as they moved to the kitchen, since she was hungry.

"Mother..." Velken began as he went to her. "Does anyone else know about you and Father?" He asked as he looked at her. She shook her head and ran her hand over his. "If they did, it wouldn't be good. One of us would be killed, the other exiled. Since I am a woman, I'd be killed and he exiled and the history of our blood line would be forever ruined. Something bad would happen to you even since you'd be declared as like a demon child." She sighed softly. "lets not talk about this. It's bad talk dear."

He moved with Yuri out of the room and to the kitchen, gently grabbing a bit to eat and sitting down with her on his lap. She was indeed a child, even though she acted very mature, and right now she was a scared child, but she trusted him. He gave her a gentle kiss on the top of the head, trying his best to sooth her fears, but it would take some time for her to get comfortable with them. He took a soft breath, watching as she ate.

Velken sighed softly. "Is the world really a dangerous place?" He asked softly. Carlyle moved to him and she sighed softly. "I don't know. I haven't stepped out of the castle grounds and see for myself. But your father has." She said softly. "But he survived and you have your father's blood so if you were to see the world, I have faith that you'd survive too. You're both fighters."

After a bit he moved back with her to Velken's room, gently opening the door. He nodded softly to her and she slowly moved, standing up on her own. He moved over in front of them and gave a soft bow,"I... I'm s-sorry... f-for my reactions..." she said softly, looking very cute in her outfit. She thought that she had upset everyone by freaking out like that, and she didn't want everyone to be careful around her.

Velken looked at Yuri and he went to her and smiled. "It's not your fault. it's normal, your reaction. I just hope we can still play and have fun right?" Carlyle smiled and she put her hands on Velken's shoulders. "We're family, yes? We don't hurt family, regardless."

He gulped softly and stood back up, giving a soft nod before she moved back to Ryu, moving and climbing back up into his arms,"Well..." He said softly,"Now that everything's settled... how about we get back to eating...?" he said softly as he gave a gentle smile to Carlyle and Velken, his hand ghosting softly up and down Yuri's back soothingly, to keep her calm.

Carlyle and Velken both nodded and they walked towards the kitchen with Ryu and Yuri. Velken's hand clinged onto his mother's hand as they walked. So many things were going in his head right now since he was still learning. He wanted to get out of these walls. See the world. He couldn't wait for that time for he had no interest in the throne.

Yuri was quiet as they walked, holding onto Ryu like the small child she was. She was still learning about a lot of things, and the things she couldn't learn from Ryu, she would have to learn from Carlyle. But she was afraid, afraid to learn too much, in case she didn't have to. He had told her about how she would grow up to be the next queen, in case something happened to Carlyle, and she wasn't sure if she'd be able to handle such responsibility.

Ryu fed Yuri slowly, taking a few bites himself. He held her close to him, showing that she had nothing to fear as he gave a soft yawn. He was tired from all the excitement, and he needed some rest, but he wouldn't rest until she did.

It had been about three days since he last fed. Just the excitement can get to him and he forgets that he is a vampire and needs blood. His eyes turned red and if Carlyle hadn't noticed and pulled him away, he could have attacked Yuri. She grabbed her son and held him in her arms. "I will be back." She quickly took Velken down to where she took Ryu and she got him some blood packs and took one for herself bfore s he went into a frenzy. It wouldn't have ben pretty.

He nodded as they moved, he knew what was happening, but didn't say anything. He just continued to feed Yuri, wanting her to be as calm as possible. He kissed the top of her head softly, wanting to reassure her as best he could.

Once he was finished, he wiped his mouth and looked at his mother. "Did I almost--" He began and she just nodded. "it's okay. You're still growing and since you were born I have been watching over you." She said softly, kissing his forehead. Even she felt better now since she had fed.

Ryu smiled softly as he held Yuri, she had fallen asleep on him. He usually moved really quietly, but he didn't want to move now, in case he woke her up with just the movements. He kissed the top of her head softly, just letting her sleep for now.

Once Velken was fully done, and she was too, she took him and went back up to a level up back to the kitchen so he can finish up his food. When they entered, she saw Yuri asleep and she and Velken put a finger to their lips and strode in quietly. Mother/son antics as they took large tip toe steps. So they had some goofy moments as she definitely passed them onto him. Sitting back down, she smiled and rubbed the top of his head and watched as her son finished eating...quietly.

He smiled softly as he watched them, holding back a chuckle as they walked over. He looked up at Carlye with a smile as Yuri stirred a bit, allowing him to slowly stand. He moved quietly to the bedroom and laid her down on the bed, giving her a soft kiss on the forehead before moving back to the kitchen, sitting down with a soft sigh,"Man... that girl is tough work..." he whispered, mostly to himself.

Carlyle watched as Ryu went to put Yuri down for sleep and when he came back, she giggled a little bit, more to how she and Velken made their entrance. With a soft sigh, she saw Velken finished and she took his and her plate and put it in the sink, washing them.

He smiled softly as he watched them, his hand moving and rubbing his shoulder a bit, having a knot in his shoulder. He closed his eyes a bit, trying to work it out as he waited to see if they where going to do anything special today.

Carlyle finished with the dishes and she saw Ryu. She moved over to him after she dried her hands and put her hands on his shoulders, starting to massage where one of his hand paid most attention to, trying to get the knot out. "You okay?" She asked gently, kissing his cheek.

Back
Top Bottom