SAINTS (1x1 w/DarkMukip)

“I’m going back to the compound- to get Matsunaga’s computer for Sasuke to get information from.” He explained. “I want you to stay here with Sasuke.”

Megohime’s grip on the gun loosened a bit and tears poured down her face. “I’m not like you all though..! I’m human- weak..!”

"S...?" The word caught in her throat before she shook her head, "Absolutely not...! I'm not letting you go alone!"

"No one has ever said that about you, baby." He frowned, "No one thinks you're weak."

“Akihime, this is going to be dangerous- what if you get hurt?” Yukimura felt a lump form in his throat at the thought of Akihime being back inside the compound. She had been horribly wounded last she was there, tortured in front of Yukimura.

His plan seemed to be working, Megohime lowering the gun to the ground, wiping at her tears with her other hand. “But I’m not safe…! What if they just kill everyone like last time..?”

"So that means you should...?!" She argued, "I'm not letting you go back there alone...! You'll be outnumbered, especially with you avoiding your kakuja right now...! You-!" She stopped to keep from crying, "I could lose you, don't do that to me...!"

He shook his head and took a careful step toward her, "I won't let anything like that happen, baby. I promise. You trust me, don't you?"

Yukimura knew Akihime was right, but still didn’t want to put her at risk. He held his tongue for a moment, trying to think of any other solution, but was only coming up short. “You have to wear a vest- and I don’t want you sticking your neck out needlessly.” He finally said.

Megohime kept her gun lowered, not moving at all when he moved closer. “But what happens when you aren’t around? Or what if they kill you like they killed your men?” She remembered how easily those investigators killed her body guards, leaving her almost completely defenseless.

She nodded, "Ok...! I won't, I promise...!" She agreed.

Again, Masamune shook his head and took another careful step, "I'm a real tough cookie, you know that. How do you think I got you home? You know how many Doves were hiding you, and I got rid of all of them, didn't I?"

He still wasn’t completely satisfied with the outcome, but he knew he couldn’t stop Akihime. “We just need to secure his computer, Sasuke will handle the rest.”

His disarming words only made her cry more. “Yeah..” She nodded, face a mess from her tears. “But look at what they did to me..!” Despite wearing long sleeves and dark stockings, the fresh scars on Megohime still poked out from where her clothes didn’t cover. Her missing fingers were a delicate subject and one she couldn’t hide. The first time they were brought up in a discussion Megohime took out the man’s eye with a knife.

She nodded again, "Ok, we'll get it for him." She seemed pretty confident, like her presence there would really help Yukimura.

"I know, baby, and I made them all pay for it. What they did doesn't change anything about you. You're still as perfect as the day we met." He told her, "You're still my number one."

He nodded. “We already have everything we’d need to get in, make sure you have enough bullets and we’ll head out right away.”

“It changes everything!” She snapped at him, knocking over the half empty bottle of liquor next to her.

"I'll be right back." She said and moved passed him to head to their room.

He froze, keeping his hands up, "Easy, baby. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you.."

Yukimura nodded, patting himself down and making sure he was ready to go as he waited for Akihime.

“They fucking fed me parts of myself..!” Too drunk to notice, the gun dropped from her hands and clattered to the ground.

She came back a bit later, her shirt changed and her gun in her old holster, "Whenever you're ready."

He exhaled gently, thank God, "I know, Megohime...I'm sorry I was so late."

He nodded and they set out, taking the motorcycle back to the place they were both tormented. Yukimura was nervous as he parked the bike a ways away, knowing they’d be walking into the hornets nest. “Stay alert.” He warned Akihime. “Let me take any hits- it’ll be much harder for them to put me down than you.”

She was blubbering at this point, sitting on the floor like a scared child. Her mental state was only declining and showing no signs of improving.

She frowned but nodded her agreement, "Just be mindful of your wounds, alright? These are highly trained investigators, they'll know how to take you down..."

He tried to move closer, "Breathe, baby... you're safe, I promise...I haven't been wrong before, have I? Can we try and eat something...? You're skin and bones, baby...I'm worried.."

He nodded, the hairs on the back of his neck standing on end from the adrenaline. “Cover my back then, will you?” He said, making sure the coast was clear.

She leaned against the side of the bed, shaking her head. “I-I don’t want food, all I can think about is that.” She sniffed.

She pulled her gun from her holster, brows furrowed, "Always."

"What if I eat with you?" He offered gently, taking another step, "I can't lose you, Megohime...not after I juet got you back..."

Yukimura took lead, carrying Akihime up to the roof, climbing up the side of the building unnoticed. Yukimura entered the building through the vent first, making sure the room was clear before ushering Akihime inside.

Megohime felt like all the emotions had run right out of her with her tears, vision blurry with tears. “I want to die.” She said quietly.

She wiggled out of the vent, landing with a bit of a stumble before readying her gun again. She tried to keep calm, not wanting to make Yukimura regret bringing her.

"Don't say that, baby..." He frowned, "you'll rip my heart out of my chest.."

Yukimura made sure she was ready to keep moving before he moved to the door of the room- unfortunately not Matsunaga’s office. The hallway was empty and he slowly opened the door before stepping into the hallway, gathering his bearings.

“But it’s the truth.” She said, not able to look Masamune in the face.

Akihime followed him closely, keeping her eyes peeled in case anyone came up behind them.

"Why not become a ghoul...?" He asked gently, "Take my kakuhou and become a ghoul..."

Yukimura would stop them on occasion when he would hear someone, making sure the two stayed out of sight as he lead Akihime right into Matsunaga’s office. He locked the door behind them, letting out a soft breath, doing his best to keep his nerves under control. “Let’s get the computer and get out.” He whispered, motioning to the desk.

Megohime looked at him in confusion, sitting there for a minute as if pondering his offer. “You can do that..?”

She nodded, "Ok." She confirmed and moved to the desk, "I can get the hard drive, that's where are the files and things will be stored. It'll be easier than lugging the whole computer." She said, "Definitely look for any laptops or thumb drives, in case he has anything else hiding."

He nodded, "Oh yeah, absolutely. Granted... it's risky...but it can be done..."

“Got it.” He nodded, moving to search through the cabinets, pocketing anything that was stored digitally.

“And then I won’t have to worry about being weak?” She didn’t seem like she was going to object.

“That looks like everything from over here.” He said and moved back to the door. “Let’s go.” He said, unlocking the door and cracking it open.

“Please sit with me- I don’t want to be alone..” She cried, nodding her head. “I’ll do it, I don’t care about the risks..!”

Back
Top Bottom