Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SAINTS (1x1 w/DarkMukip)

Jikkah

Cluster
It was only a week after graduation, and already all the new graduates had either been assigned a partner and sent out into the field, or a position within the CCG headquarters.
Tamura Megohime was just assigned to be partnered with a veteran, Katakura Kojurou- and was waiting to meet with him for their first day assignment. Megohime was nervous to meet the older man, hearing good things about him, but that he had recently lost a partner in the field. That made her his partners replacement, something that was never an easy thing to get over. She wore a simple pantsuit- not the standard skirt most women went for, but Megohime felt that the pants were more functional. Her long black hair was pinned up with a hair clip, her quinque briefcase in hand.

"Tamura-sousakan?" When she looked up, she was met by an older man with a heavy scowl on his face, "Katakura Kojurou desu." He bowed out of formality but he sounded less than pleased.

Megohime’s attention was quickly brought to the older investigator, standing up more before bowing to him. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Katakura-sousakan.” Megohime was a little less than thrilled to be paired with someone as rigid as Kojurou, hoping for someone with a little more personality, but she would be good. She’d behave and get along with her partner, learn everything he knew and get stronger.

It was an odd thing to start off in, a bleak topic amongst the CCG, but a real one. “I will do all I can to protect your life as well.” She stood up, adjusting the briefcase in her hands. It would be just like acting how she did with teachers, nothing new or special.

He nodded, "To start, we'll just go on a simple patrol of the area I usually work. It's peaceful around this time so it should be easy."

“Hai.” She nodded firmly. “I’ll follow your lead.” Megohime couldn’t wait to get out on patrol, couldn’t wait to kill her first ghoul.

He nodded and took her to his car where he drove out for a bit, "There is one ghoul who has caused me trouble, but we shouldn't run into him around now. He's almost wholly nocturnal."

Megohime gave a nod, though truth be told she was a bit nervous. It wasn’t uncommon for investigators to be targeted by a ghoul, but for them to be still freely roaming made her uneasy. “I hope that together we can apprehend him and put him away.”

That seemed to cause Kojurou to stiffen, "He is the reason you're with me now.." He said, voice hard, "But, perhaps, with some luck we might be able to bring him in."

Megohime clenched her fists a bit- she had been trying to avoid bringing up the topic of his partners death, but it seems she had somehow managed to remind him of his loss. “Please excuse me, I didn’t mean to bring up such a topic.”

He waved his hand before he found a small car park, parking in the corner and shutting off the vehicle. "Shall we?"

"Onii-sa- I...Ishida-sousakan..." Akihime struggled to keep up with her partner and brother, who walked far faster than she did, "Chotto matte...!"
"We cannot afford to waste any more time, Otani-sousakan." Mitsunari scowled at her. She frowned and nodded.
"I-I know, but please, give me a moment!" She pleaded, "You've always had a wider stride than me..." She mumbled.

Megohime nodded, unbuckling her seat belt and exiting the car. She held firmly to her quinque case, looking around briefly before moving to stand beside Kojurou.

The sibling pair was not one Akihime was expecting, but Mitsunari was an excellent investigator- a prodigy they called him. Though only a few years older than Akihime, he had already become a senior investigator.

Kojurou nodded and started on his walk, keeping his eyes open for anything suspicious. Around this time, it was only the smaller ghouls who were brave enough to be out and hunting. Nighttime, however, was different. A ghoul much bigger than anything they would hope to achieve called this Ward his. And he made a point every night to cement that fact.

He expected far too much from her. She was his half sibling to a different mother who was too weak from childbirth to see her daughter grow. The death destroyed their father, to the point he burried himself in work. He was never around, so Mitsunari had to raise her. He tried to imprint his same high standards on Akihime from the start, but she never seemed to grasp it. She didn't graduate with his same high marks, and he berated her for it.
"I'll keep trying for you, Onii-sama!" She promised. What a waste.

Megohime walked confidently beside Kojurou, though he could tell she was still a bit rigid- most new investigators were their first day of patrol. She didn’t speak much unless Kojurou addressed her- at least she wasn’t the overly chatty type- neither was Jin.

Akihime had graduated top of her class with only one other student, yet even that hadn’t been enough to earn praise from her brother. She had high marks, but not high enough. She excelled in every class, but not far enough.
It wasn’t long after they had started their patrol did he leave Akihime to her own devices, giving a thinly veiled excuse that they’d accomplish more if they separated. It wasn’t safe or part of regulations, but Mitsunari didn’t give her the chance to argue. Now she was on her own in the city at dusk, only her quinque to keep her safe.

It was growinf dark a lot faster lately. This was bad, he tried to keep them in the spots he know He didn't favor so much, wanting to acoid a confrontation as much as possible. Especially on Megohime's first day.

Akihime walked around a bit nervously, not really comfortable in her own fighting ability. Sure, she had neutralized ghouls before, but she was a pacifist at heart. She only enrolled so Mitsunari would be proud of her, she always wanted to be like him. He was always so cool, and she was nothing compared to him.

Kojurou was glad to see low activity so far, nothing out of the ordinary, but that was to be expected. Ghouls behaved in Masamune’s territory, lest they attract his attention. He was the big fish in the pond, and he’d eat anyone who caught his attention.

Akihime was so lost in thought on the route, she hadn’t even noticed she was approaching someone until the heavy scent of blood hit her in the face. A figure crouched over a collapsed person, but Akihime knew right away it had to be a ghoul.

Maybe they would be lucky tonight and Masamune wouldn't appear. He would prefer it that way, they weren't properly prepared to fight him anyhow.
"Well, well, well~" Shit. Kojurou looked up quickly, seeing a silhouette crouched on top of the building in front of them, "If it ain't my favorite Dove. Got a new girl already? Shit, the body ain't even cold."

She stopped and swallowed roughly, gripping her case tight.
"A-Are you in need of medical assistance?" She asked nervously, "Do you know this person? Are they alive?" Please, God, just be a bystander stumbling on an accident.

Megohime stopped when Kojurou did, following the sound of the voice to the rooftop and scowling deeply. She gripped her briefcase tightly, keeping her eyes on the ghoul above them. “Katakura-sosakan.” She said softly. “Do we engage?”

The figure in the hooded jacket froze when Akihime spoke, hands stopped as he was about to pack more of the humans meat into the large plastic bag he was filling up. Was it a civilian, or did he just get caught with his pants down by a dove? Very carefully, he dropped the meat in his hand into the bag and pulled his mask down over his face, turning to look at who was behind him. The mask of a six-eyed tiger stared back at Akihime beneath the heavy hood of the man’s jacket, the teeth pulled back in a snarl.

"No. Do not engage." Kojurou told her firmly. The ghoul hopped down and moved closer, Masamune smiling almost disarmingly.
"She's kind of cute. Little too young for you, though."
"Shut up." Kojurou growled.

Of course, it was a ghoul. Naturally, it had to be. Akihime's thumb moved over the button of her case.
"I-I don't...want to fight..." She said anxiously, "however, I will be forced to defend myself if I must. What are you doing with that...?" She stopped, feeling queezy at the idea that she caught a ghoul mid harvest.

Megohime’s body tensed up when the ghoul hopped down and started to approach them, holding her briefcase firmly, but not deploying her quinque. She was shocked to see that the man wasn’t wearing a mask or even trying to hide his face like most ghouls would. Her own eyes were as red as a ghouls, though she didn’t have the trademark black sclera or the veins around their eyes.

“That makes two of us then.” His voice came softly from behind the mask, not moving an inch. “I didn’t kill this human, I’m only taking what they’ve left behind.” He spoke calmly, but who was going to believe such nonsense?

"Actually, she's really cute." Masamune got closer to Megohime but Kojurou moved, causing his to stop midstep, "They didn't waste any time getting you a new girl."

"H-How can I be so sure of that...?" She asked numbly, "B-By...order of the CCG, y-you're under arrest...! P-Please come with me peacefully...!" She was the least confident Dove he had ever seen, she was so green.

Megohime scowled softly, the ghoul making it seem like she was Kojurou’s new girlfriend or something. “I’m not his new girl, I’m his partner.” She said firmly, already hating that Kojurou was having to protect her. Why was this ghoul so brazen? He was showing his face and walking right up to Doves- was he an idiot?

Yukimura made a face beneath his mask, raising a gloved and bloody hand up to his ear. “I’ve encountered a Dove, returning home sooner than expected.” He spoke to someone in his headphones, standing quickly with the bag of flesh in hand. “Like you, I’m not looking to fight, but I’m not coming with you either.”

"Yeah~ his new girl~" He said, "Though you aren't as...endowed." He put his hands to his chest like he was holding up a pair of breasts, grinning deviously. Kojurou's case clicked and he stabbed his quinque forward, Masamune jumping back to avoid him as he cackled.

"Everything ok, dana? You need help?" Sasuke asked in the earpiece.
"W-Wait! I can't let you leave!" She said, "You have to come with me!" Like it was some kind of playground rule to follow. Poor girl.

Megohime released her own quinque, pulling out a sword- no, a tanto. Her face was flushed red in embarrassment at Masamune’s perverse comment, brandishing the short sword in front of her. “You’re sick.”

“No need, I’m not engaging.” Yukimura said, taking a slight step back before he was gone in an instant, moving fast down the alleyway in the opposite direction. He was fast, despite only running on foot, lithe figure like a runner.

Back
Top Bottom