Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SAINTS (1x1 w/DarkMukip)

Masamune dodged Kojurou a little more before rushing at Megohime, "Maybe~ or perhaps you're just a prude~"

"Wait!!" She called and hit her gps before trying to run after him, but he was already gone by the time she managed to get a decent sprint, "Mitsunari is going to kill me..."

Megohime felt her nerves set ablaze as Masamune made his way right for her, but she didn’t flee. When he was close enough, she swung her blade for him, but had swung too early and the blade missed completely. That’s what he thought before the burning pain registered in his stomach and side. Blood spilled from the wound on his side, the cut shallow over his stomach, only getting deeper the farther down it got. Megohime straightened up and took a step back, still holding the tanto in front of her, scowling softly.

The corpse left behind was still in the alleyway behind Akihime, on older gentleman that had no obvious wounds on him- other than what flesh had been cut away from his body. There was no real way to tell if the ghoul was telling the truth or not about not killing him, but once the coroner had a look at him, maybe they’d be able to tell.

"F-Fuck, not gonna lie...you got me stone solid right now." Masamune said, holding his wound, "Let me heal and we can go off somewhere, yeah~?"
"You're vile!" Kojurou snapped, swinging at Masamune but he dodged once again.
"Ah, forgot Kojurou is the jealous type~"

Akihime moved back to the body and frown heavily before putting her palms together in prayer, beseeching that Buddah help this poor man find Paradise.
"Akihime!" She went rigid and looked back as Mitsunari rushed up to her, "What happened?! Did you get the ghoul?!"
"Ah...no, Ishida-sousakan...he was too fast..." She admitted, ashamed.

“Why don’t you drop dead instead?” Megohime snarled, close behind Kojurou, readying to take another swing at Masamune.

Amaya waited in the van she drove Yukimura and Sasuke on harvesting runs, it made it easier to transport their harvest and was far less risky.

"Into your arms~?" He asked, dodging their swings before his azure blue bikaku swung out fast and caught Megohime, slamming her into the wall.
"Tamura!"
"Move, Kojurou, and I'll kill this one too." Masamune threatened.

Sasuke was waiting too, impatiently and nervous.
"What was a Dove doing there? Shit, this is bad." He muttered.

Megohime coughed as she was pinned to the wall, her quinque pinned against her chest as Masamune’s Bikaku kept her in place. She tried to push away from the wall, but it was like a wall of muscle was keeping her pinned. “Fucking bastard..!” She sneered at Masamune.

“Doves are everywhere, and this is Yukimura, nothing going to happen.” Amaya said, resting her hands on the steering wheel of the vehicle. “He’s probably on his way right now.”

"We should go on a date sometime~ I know a good spot to get coffee~" He purred, moving closer.

Sasuke leaned against the van, fighting his nerves.
"He should be here by now!"

Megohime looked disgusted, glancing nervously to Kojurou. “I already said: drop dead!” She said, keeping a firm hold on her quinque, despite it being useless.

Amaya opened her mouth to speak, but a heavy thud on the roof of the van brought her attention to Yukimura crouched on top, his mask pulled on top of his head and a grin on his face. “Sorry I’m late, I circled around to make sure I wasn’t followed.”
“See, like I said, you’re worrying for nothing.” Amaya pointed out to Sasuke as she started the van.

He gave a woeful sigh before pulling her from the wall and throwing her into Kojurou.
"I'll just have to keep trying until you say yes. Anyway, I got better things to do. I'll see you two around."

"Dana!" Sasuke moved to get a better look at him, "Jesus, you had me worried! What was a Dove doing there?!"

Megohime grunted as she collided with Kojurou, feeling him brace her so she didn’t go flying. “Bastard!” She snapped, straightening herself out.

“Well, I think they were a greenhorn, she was all by herself too.” He said, jumping down to the ground. “I don’t know what was going on with that, but it worked to our advantage.”

Masamune blew her a kiss before he seemed to vanish. Kojurou let out a sigh, glad that neither of them were too badly hurt.
"Are you ok?"

"A baby Dove all by her lonesome?" Sasuke asked before opening the van door for Yukimura, "That is rather odd."

Megohime was shaking, both from adrenaline and fear, but she nodded. “I think so, he didn’t get me besides pinning me.” She was a bit roughed up, but only a few scrapes from being pinned. “Are you hurt?” She asked, lowering her quinque slowly.

Yukimura hopped into the van, waiting for Sasuke to get in and close the door before storing the bag of flesh in the hidden cooler. “She did interrupt me during harvesting though… I’ll have to make another run later in the week.”
“I don’t mind pulling a few more bags of blood.” Amaya offered.

Kojurou shook his head as he helped to right her.
"No, I'm alright. I'm glad he got bored so easily."

"Geez..." Sasuke muttered, running his fingers through his hair, "I'm just glad she was too stupid to attack you."

“I.. don’t know of many ghouls that toy with humans and leave them alive.” Megohime said, staring at the spot where Masamune disappeared.

“Well..” Yukimura pulled the bloody gloves from his hand, making and uncertain expression. “She said she didn’t want to fight..”
“Sounds like a stupid Dove to me.” Amaya commented as she pulled away from the parking spot.

"You just met the worst one." He said before giving a sigh, "Come on, I'll take you home."

"She didn't want to?" Sasuke repeated, "That's...odd."

“I’m sorry.” Megohime said as she retrieved her quinque case to return her weapon to. “If he hadn’t gotten me, you would’ve been able to get him.”

Yukimura nodded, looking like he was deep in thought as he mulled over the interaction. “Maybe it was because she was new, or that she was alone- maybe both.” He didn’t know himself. “But she did seem genuine when she said she didn’t want to fight.”

Kojurou shook his head, "I'm just glad you weren't hurt." He told her genuinely.

"Maybe we should do some digging?" Sasuke asked, "Want me to snoop?"

Megohime nodded, still mentally scolding herself for being so easily overpowered. Still, she followed Kojurou back to the car before returning back to headquarters.

Yukimura was tempted, but he didn’t want to stick his nose out only to get it cut off. “No, for now we’ll just have to be more vigilant and make sure this kinda thing doesn’t happen.” He said.

When they arrived, Kojurou wished her a good night, saying he had to make a report before he could call it a night.
"Please be safe, Tamura-sousakan."

Sasuke nodded before moving in his seat to reach Amaya, rubbing her arm affectionately.

Megohime nodded and bowed her head to Kojurou, thanking him before heading for the train station. She was so angry the entire way home, angry that she had been knocked around by a ghoul on the first day, angry that he had been such a disgusting pig of a ghoul.

“Sorry, I think you’ve collected enough food supplies, plus this one isn’t up for grabs yet.” Amaya teased, keeping her eyes on the road.

What a pretentious prick he was, acting all high and mighty, especially being so bold as to show his face.

"Oh, shut it." Sasuke said softly, giving her arm a small smack.

Megohime didn’t care about bringing him in anymore, she was going to tear him to shreds. Her thoughts slowed a bit- if he had killed Kojurou’s previous partner, she’d surely need even more experience if she was to kill him.

“Sorry sorry, I forgot you’re sensitive.” She teased more, a satisfied smirk on her face.

He moved rather quickly for a bikaku, which was surprising to her. She didn't think one with his kagune type would be that quick, but he was fluid like water.

Sasuke and Amaya were Yukimura's ideal future; a ghoul and a human, not only living peacefully with each other, but in love. He remembered when Sasuke pledged himself to Yukimura and Amaya along with him, saying in fondness how she couldn't let him run headlong into his death alone.

She barely even got a good look at what his bikaku was, too concerned with being pinned to the wall to look. Megohime exhaled angrily and pulled the hair clip from her hair. She’d drink on it when she got home.

Yukimura smiled softly, seated comfortably in the back seat behind the two. Yukimura had a small following of those who thought and felt like him, only wanting to live in harmony with humans. Amaya was one of only a small few other humans that didn’t seem to mind the company of known ghouls. They often donated blood and even lived with the collective together.

When Amaya got them to the safe house, Sasuke kissed her temple gently before heading out of the van, "I'll see if any of the humans are willing to give a little to help out until we need to harvest again."

Back
Top Bottom